Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,330 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

95% Of Super Eagles Players Are Igbos? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 95% Of Super Eagles Players Are Igbos? (8708 Views)

Obinna Ogba Visits Super Eagles Players During Training In Abuja. Photos / Photos Of Super Eagles Players Training Ahead Of Today's Match With Cameroon / This Is How The Next Super Eagles Team Should Be (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

95% Of Super Eagles Players Are Igbos? by scopusng(m): 11:10am On Jan 27, 2013
I think keshi need to be sacked this morning by the NFF. Imagine 95% of the super eagles players are igbos. No wonder we are not doing well at AFCON,13.
Re: 95% Of Super Eagles Players Are Igbos? by Afam4eva(m): 11:11am On Jan 27, 2013
Oya, name them, let me embarrass you.
Re: 95% Of Super Eagles Players Are Igbos? by 1oracle(m): 11:54am On Jan 27, 2013
scopusng: I think keshi need to be sacked this morning by the NFF. Imagine 95% of the super eagles players are igbos. No wonder we are not doing well at AFCON,13.
I thought your madness have been cured only for you to prove me wrong. Do we have federal character in football? Rise above ethnic hatred and bigotry.
Re: 95% Of Super Eagles Players Are Igbos? by Roseey0(f): 12:26pm On Jan 27, 2013
Ara gbaga gi there.
Re: 95% Of Super Eagles Players Are Igbos? by Goodcare(m): 12:31pm On Jan 27, 2013
@ 1oracle abeg takam easy en... I they follow this tread sha
Re: 95% Of Super Eagles Players Are Igbos? by Afam4eva(m): 12:34pm On Jan 27, 2013
Players like Igiebor, Echiejile, Ideye, Musa, Ogude and some other players are not Igbos. This is one of the few times when we have more non-Igbos in the team.
Re: 95% Of Super Eagles Players Are Igbos? by Eifeh(m): 12:54pm On Jan 27, 2013
scopusng: I think keshi need to be sacked this morning by the NFF. Imagine 95% of the super eagles players are igbos. No wonder we are not doing well at AFCON,13.
95% of Nigeria Army are Hausa, Ewu

1 Like

Re: 95% Of Super Eagles Players Are Igbos? by Ngodigha: 3:25pm On Jan 27, 2013
Afam4eva: Players like Igiebor, Echiejile, Ideye, Musa, Ogude and some other players are not Igbos. This is one of the few times when we have more non-Igbos in the team.
Uwa Echiejile is Igbo from Igbo speaking part of Edo state called Ekpon. Ekpon and Igbanke are Igbo speaking and have been clamouring to join us in Anioma state if created.
But whatever the case, if football, the best are chosen not based on ethnicity. Most of the dropped players are Igbo yet Igbo people are not complaining.Even Bright Dike who shone so well during the qualifiers is Igbo yet no complaints. Get a life poster because you have none.

1 Like

Re: 95% Of Super Eagles Players Are Igbos? by Afam4eva(m): 4:52pm On Jan 27, 2013
Ngodigha:
Uwa Echiejile is Igbo from Igbo speaking part of Edo state called Ekpon. Ekpon and Igbanke are Igbo speaking and have been clamouring to join us in Anioma state if created.
But whatever the case, if football, the best are chosen not based on ethnicity. Most of the dropped players are Igbo yet Igbo people are not complaining.Even Bright Dike who shone so well during the qualifiers is Igbo yet no complaints. Get a life poster because you have none.
I've always though Uwa Echiejile was from Edo state.
Re: 95% Of Super Eagles Players Are Igbos? by belovedaja(m): 5:38pm On Jan 27, 2013
[quote author=Ngodigha]
Uwa Echiejile is Igbo from Igbo speaking part of Edo state called Ekpon.
Echiejile is from etche in rivers state stop this speculation.
Besides this is the only time we have more none igbo in super eagle.
Re: 95% Of Super Eagles Players Are Igbos? by Ngodigha: 5:46pm On Jan 27, 2013
[quote author=belovedaja][/quote]
One Anioma website listed him as ours from Edo state. Any links to show he is from Etche?.
Re: 95% Of Super Eagles Players Are Igbos? by belovedaja(m): 5:48pm On Jan 27, 2013
name them
I know the igbos are more in number but can not be 95%. There is nothing wrong if it is based on merit. How come even in the millitary where there is federal character hausa/fulani still dominate that sector. This is one of the few reasons why biafran war was fought. Also boko haram. With merit igbos will excel above others.

1 Like

Re: 95% Of Super Eagles Players Are Igbos? by belovedaja(m): 5:56pm On Jan 27, 2013
Ngodigha:
One Anioma website listed him as ours from Edo state. Any links to show he is from Etche?.
the only link 4 now is me because i know him personally. May the anioma site was refering to another person.
Re: 95% Of Super Eagles Players Are Igbos? by daroz(m): 1:11pm On Jan 28, 2013
wink
If Uwa Echiejile is Edo, then we have at least 4 players from Edo in the team.
Victor Moses, Nosa igiebor, Ahmed Musa and now Uwa Echiejile. Nice one Steven Keshi

1 Like

Re: 95% Of Super Eagles Players Are Igbos? by semid4lyfe(m): 1:51pm On Jan 28, 2013
The OP's post infuriates me but since it's breaking no forum rules and it aims to discuss/determine the origin and ethnicity of the Super Eagles players, I'll let it stay.

I'm watching it closely though. . . .
Re: 95% Of Super Eagles Players Are Igbos? by Youngzedd(m): 3:59pm On Jan 28, 2013
So weed can do a thing like this.
Just wondering.....
Re: 95% Of Super Eagles Players Are Igbos? by jude33084(m): 11:04am On Feb 07, 2013
Afam4eva:
I've always though Uwa Echiejile was from Edo state.

He is; Moses, Nosa, Echejile,ad ideye are from Edo state while Efetobore Ambrose is from Delta.
Re: 95% Of Super Eagles Players Are Igbos? by jude33084(m): 11:06am On Feb 07, 2013
daroz: wink
If Uwa Echiejile is Edo, then we have at least 4 players from Edo in the team.
Victor Moses, Nosa igiebor, Ahmed Musat and now Uwa Echiejile. Nice one Steven Keshi

Victor Moses wink
Re: 95% Of Super Eagles Players Are Igbos? by Ejine(m): 8:24am On Feb 12, 2013
Bump!!! cheesy
Re: 95% Of Super Eagles Players Are Igbos? by raphrinco: 2:00pm On Feb 12, 2013
On 27th January someone made a post about Igbos in the national team .ON 10TH FEB,WHAT IS HAPPENING? ARE SUPER EAGLES NOT CHAMPIONS OF AFRICA NOW WHO CARES IF THEY ARE IGBO OR WHATEVER .PLEASE LETS LEARN TO BR TRUTHFUL AND APPRECIATE.

(1) (Reply)

Is This A Joke? Shaibu Amodu Includes Kayode Odejayi In Eagles Squad / Okon Picks Oshoala, 22 Others For Women's World Cup! / Soccer Is For Sissies-rugby Is For Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.