Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,750 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:16 PM

Export/import Used Car Engines To West Africa - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Export/import Used Car Engines To West Africa (38319 Views)

Innoson Motors Will Start Exporting Cars To West African Countries / Used Car Engines To Import For Sale / What Makes A V6 Engine Different From Normal Car Engines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Export/import Used Car Engines To West Africa by dvonne(f): 10:23pm On Mar 05, 2008
Hi guys anybody know how i will go about importing used car engines to Nigeria/west Africa  from the UK, 

shipping company's,
contacts in Lagos,
and what are the most popular engines etc etc,

as i have access to a large selection

Dave
Re: Export/import Used Car Engines To West Africa by obua: 3:20pm On Mar 06, 2008
Re: Export/import Used Car Engines To West Africa by viperman: 3:53pm On Mar 06, 2008
hI DVONNE,

Can we talk via email lets do business? lexfrosty @ yahoo.com
Re: Export/import Used Car Engines To West Africa by brauneyes: 10:43pm On Mar 06, 2008
I also have a source here in the US with all sorts of engines, that information would help. Viperman you know something?
Re: Export/import Used Car Engines To West Africa by dvonne(f): 10:55pm On Mar 06, 2008
grin ok viperman will mail u tommorow, cheers
Re: Export/import Used Car Engines To West Africa by viperman: 10:58am On Mar 07, 2008
Ok i will be expecting your mail.
Re: Export/import Used Car Engines To West Africa by dvonne(f): 12:46pm On Mar 08, 2008
delete
Re: Export/import Used Car Engines To West Africa by Arizona1: 2:47pm On Mar 08, 2008
Hi,we are into this business and we are in Ladipo Lagos. Please before you bring in any engine/car spare parts,make sure you call in so that you'll be directed on the kind of engines and spare parts you'll import to ensure quick sales.
Also you'll be directed on how to go about the whole thing so that you don't loose out.

You can call 08037937403.

Thank you.
Re: Export/import Used Car Engines To West Africa by Nobody: 2:56pm On Mar 08, 2008
Used car engines? Hmmm. . .

Most popular in Nigeria would be:

Peugeot / Citroen
Toyota
Nissan
Honda
Mazda
Isuzu
BMW
Mercedes
Volkswagen

The Japanese engines will do particularly well, closely followed by Peugeot / Citroen.

Lot's of those engines out here too. . .

1 Like

Re: Export/import Used Car Engines To West Africa by poske(m): 2:16am On Mar 10, 2008
@arizona i specialize in headlamps please what is the best to bring in and average prices, i will mail you anywaysss, cool

Is importing used engines recycling or dumping waste, i wanna know. shocked
My 2 cents
Re: Export/import Used Car Engines To West Africa by kuntash: 7:06am On Mar 10, 2008
Siena, is it true that imports such as car engines- and all what ve u from Japan are less used compared to those in Europe wit exceptions from Italy? , cos somehow somehow, most parts from the east ( Japan- Singapore etc) are more expensive . take a 99 camry engine for example, two identical engines with diff price and the Ladipo traders will tell u 100k for Japan/Singapore and 60-70k for Europe, WHY IS THIS SO?? cool
Re: Export/import Used Car Engines To West Africa by Nobody: 7:03pm On Mar 11, 2008
No fixed price for used engines, and it all depends on the strength of the local currency, at the time of purchase.

The shipping costs will also be different between Europe and Asia.
Re: Export/import Used Car Engines To West Africa by ArmanTX(m): 1:47am On Aug 29, 2008
i know this is late but i just joined in, i am in the U.S. and very interested in this type of business. I have many friends here that are shipping spare parts to Nigeria
Re: Export/import Used Car Engines To West Africa by lungwun(m): 8:27pm On Aug 30, 2008
@ Siena
i have been meaning to get in touch with you regarding this topic.
i own a toyota carina E and the engine has held up for the 7 years i have been using the car
but now it is beginning to lose its spunk and i think now is a good time to change the engine.
the thing is, my brother in the Uk says the car is quite cheap there (less than 1000 pounds).
which brings me to the question i am about to ask. is it not better for me to buy the whole car,
chop it up and ship the parts that will be usefull to me over here? cause in that way i would know the state of the
engine before it is put into my car, and i will also have spare accessories (headlights, gearbox, and other minor parts)
to replace in mine incase i ever have an accident?
and secondly, are the engine alignments identical?
and thirdly, how much will the shipping cost?
i guess this is quite a stretch to ask but will be grateful if i get a reply.
thanks.
Re: Export/import Used Car Engines To West Africa by RMI(m): 9:14pm On Jan 13, 2009
Anybody in the house with more information about engine importation.

As a result of my work here in the UK i have got easy access to a lot of engines especially the Japanese vehicles.

I was just wondering what part of the engine do i need to send to naija to be able to sell.

Will the engine blocks be all i need to send to naija (i.e. with the gaskets, valves and seals in place)?

Or do i need to send it with every thing that is attached to the engine like the sensors, alternators etc?

Also, what price can i be expecting for about 20 to 25 engines (strictly Hondas, Toyotas & Peugeot 406 engines)?

Any information will be much appreciated.

Cheers.
Re: Export/import Used Car Engines To West Africa by promise72(m): 9:37pm On Jan 13, 2009
@ RMI,

Get the whole thing. The whole engine as it comes out of the car. Better if gear is attached though but not compulsory.
Re: Export/import Used Car Engines To West Africa by RMI(m): 9:43pm On Jan 13, 2009
@ Promise72

Wats up Chief. Are you into this business as well?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Anybody here with personal experience of this business?

Abeg i need any info i can get.

Cheers.
Re: Export/import Used Car Engines To West Africa by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jan 13, 2009
lungwun:

@ Siena
i have been meaning to get in touch with you regarding this topic.
i own a toyota carina E and the engine has held up for the 7 years i have been using the car
but now it is beginning to lose its spunk and i think now is a good time to change the engine.
the thing is, my brother in the Uk says the car is quite cheap there (less than 1000 pounds).
which brings me to the question i am about to ask. is it not better for me to buy the whole car,
chop it up and ship the parts that will be usefull to me over here? cause in that way i would know the state of the
engine before it is put into my car, and i will also have spare accessories (headlights, gearbox, and other minor parts)
to replace in mine incase i ever have an accident?
and secondly, are the engine alignments identical?
and thirdly, how much will the shipping cost?
i guess this is quite a stretch to ask but will be grateful if i get a reply.
thanks.

Buying a complete car is the best option - it works out cheaper than purchasing individual parts.

Get in touch - my email's in my profile.
Re: Export/import Used Car Engines To West Africa by groove111: 7:28pm On Feb 01, 2009
Hi guys been in in the biz quite seriously in the past but been rounding up studies lately , so whats going on are used engines still allowed into nija? Someone get in touch.
Re: Export/import Used Car Engines To West Africa by hansanauto(f): 2:40am On Apr 08, 2009
About Us

Han San Auto Parts Sdn Bhd. is a professional company who specializing in Importing and Exporting all type of used imported Japanese automobile parts. We specialize in the export of an extensive range of auto parts. Besides long-term close cooperative relationships with customers abroad, we have many years of experience in auto parts industry. Now we have emerged as one of the largest auto parts suppliers with the largest capacity and widest selection for meeting our customers' requirements.

Below is the country that we currently trading with:-
Most of the customers come back with positive feedback ;-)

North America
South America
Eastern Europe
Southeast Asia
Africa
Oceania
Mid East
Eastern Asia
Western Europe
We deal in all Japanese makes Auto Parts. Our goal is to satisfy our customers with high quality second hand parts and engines with competitive price. In addition, we distribute numerous high-performance engines which are even difficult to find in the Malaysia.
We may not be the cheapest but we can assure u excellent professionalism in our product and services. And long-term partnership is what we looking forward.

Regards,
Han San Auto Parts Sdn Bhd
(Co. No: 671932 - T)

Lot 6534, Jalan Sg.Puluh,
Off Jalan Kapar 5 1/2 Miles,
41400 Klang, Selangor Darul Ehsan,
Malaysia.

Tel: +603 - 3291 3387, 3291 0788, 3291 1789
Fax: +603 - 3291 3382

Email: info@hansanauto.com
Re: Export/import Used Car Engines To West Africa by munleeauto: 7:23am On Apr 21, 2009
Mun Lee Auto Parts (M) Sdn Bhd

Mun Lee Auto Parts (M) Sdn Bhd was first established in 1999 as a importer and exporter for high performance used petrol and diesel engines, parts and accessories.Since then, we have come a long way while maintaining a high reputation among our valuable customers local as well as overseas. Mun Lee Auto Parts (M) Sdn Bhd, with their dynamic and dedicated staff continuously strive hard to cater to the varying needs of customers from around the world.

Mun Lee Auto Parts is committed to provide its customers with exceptional quality of JDM engines, parts and accessories. It is that dedication and passion to provide highest customer satisfaction that has made Mun Lee Auto Parts the company that it is today. We have more than 5000 engines in stocks and counting.

Our company mission is clear in striving to provide you with the best merchandise at a reasonable price. Over the years, we expanded our business to satisfy the need of local and nationwide market in used engine parts.

Visit our website to know us more. www.munleeauto.com

Best regards,
Mun Lee Auto Parts (M) Sdn. Bhd.
Lot PT No. 32332, Sub-Lot B,
Batu 13, Jalan Puchong,
47100 Puchong,
Selangor Darul Ehsan,
West Malaysia

Tel : 6-03-8060-0000 |  6-03-8060-6666
Fax : 6-03-8061-6051
Website URL www.munleeauto.com
Email: munleeautop@gmail.com
Introduction : http://youtube.com/watch?v=3YlemhMgGcg
Re: Export/import Used Car Engines To West Africa by KunleA2(m): 11:59am On Sep 08, 2009
cool
Re: Export/import Used Car Engines To West Africa by malonauto: 2:42am On Nov 12, 2009
Dear Sir,

Are you seeking best business opportunity? Chinese used auto parts which made in Japan and Europe will be the best one.

There are tens thousands of cars and trucks which were imported from Japan and Europe years before. They are now to be dismantled according to Chinese laws, and not allowed reusing in China domestic, but are allowed to export. Most of them are still in quite good conditions; also their price is absolutely cheap,as one third or half of Japaneses or European.

Our company Guangzhou Malon Auto Parts Co., Ltd is a leading professional suppliers of used and new auto parts in China; it has several warehouses and dismantling workshops with the area up to 60000 M3. And we specialize in supplying and exporting most of used Japanese and European auto parts of cars, trucks and vans. Usually, we stock thousands and hundreds parts such as engines, gear boxes, wheels, axles and so on.

More information, please refer to our website: www.ma-lon.com and contact us:
Guangzhou Malon Auto Parts Co., Ltd
Add: Huadong town, Huadu district, Guangzhou China
Tel: +86-20-86967886
Fax: +86-20-86967886
E-mail: robin@ma-lon.com
MSN:mantti88@hotmail.com

1 Like

Re: Export/import Used Car Engines To West Africa by Kafin(m): 7:45am On Nov 12, 2009
Please I need some advise. I want to ship five used engines and I am concerned about how to document the source of the engines.

One (Honda Accord 2003 3.0 l V6) is for a friend while the remaining four (Toyota Camry 2.4 liters) will be up for sale. I intend to ship them along with a minivan so that I won't have to pay extra for shipping and clearing, but the problem is that I will not have a record that the engines were imported. Knowing the amount of importance that our system places on car engines, I can forsee that this will be a problem. For starters, my friend is very concerned that the purchase-receipt from a foreign scrap yard may not be accepted by the police/registration authorities in Nigeria.

I thought of listing the engines and the serial numbers on the shipping documents, but I am yet to confirm if this will mean that I have to pay more for clearing.

I will appreciate advise/suggestions from people that have imported used engines in the past on how to handle this problem.

Thanks.
Re: Export/import Used Car Engines To West Africa by KunleA2(m): 8:33am On Nov 12, 2009
Dont trouble urself. Any receipt from a Nigeria dealer/store will do at checkpoint. undecided
Re: Export/import Used Car Engines To West Africa by Kafin(m): 5:59pm On Nov 13, 2009
Kunle-A, thanks for your contribution.

I will also like to know the proper way to import used engines. Somebody in Nairaland must have this information! Please help!

I tried checking the customs website (http://www.ncs.gov.ng/ and www.customs.gov.ng) but no luck as the sites are down.

Can any of the "busy bodies" (original/clones/morphs) help me?? even if you dont know, you should know someone that knows (otherwise you are no longer a busy body)!!! grin
Re: Export/import Used Car Engines To West Africa by KunleA2(m): 6:31pm On Nov 13, 2009
Kafin:

Kunle-A, thanks for your contribution.

I will also like to know the proper way to import used engines. Somebody in Nairaland must have this information! Please help!

I tried checking the customs website (http://www.ncs.gov.ng/ and www.customs.gov.ng) but no luck as the sites are down.

Can any of the "busy bodies" (original/clones/morphs) help me?? even if you dont know, you should know someone that knows (otherwise you are no longer a busy body)!!! grin

I am not sure what u mean by "proper way to import used engines". Let me start by asking of your location at the moment. Which country are you in now? Sending engines to Nigeria is no long thing. Just put it in container and send it. You can always make up a dummy company (or register one properly) if you will be doing it constant. The receipt from your company will guide the engines through Nigeria police check points with no problem.

Let me know if you have any further question(s).
Re: Export/import Used Car Engines To West Africa by Kafin(m): 9:37pm On Nov 13, 2009
@Kunle,

I am in Toronto and visiting Vancouver. I saw a good source of used engines and car parts in Vancouver, and will like to get some of them into Nigeria.

You are taking the documentation of the engines really lightly. Imagine a police officer coming into a warehouse/shop full of used car parts and saying that they have a report that all the items in there were stolen. (I am very sure that the police will do this).

The owner WILL HAVE TO BEG and bribe the policeman so that he can be left alone, or probably bribe some higher ranking officer for "protection". All because there is no document showing that the parts were imported.

I see some cool business in these parts sales and will do some more research. I will let you know how it goes.
Re: Export/import Used Car Engines To West Africa by Kafin(m): 10:56pm On Nov 13, 2009
Customs site is back.

The engines are under CET 8407.3xxx.xx The import duty is 5%, and says VAT is also 5%. (I think VAT should be paid on purchases??)

Can someone please confirm if VAT is also paid on imports.

http://www.customs.gov.ng/hscode/resulthscode.php?HSCODE=engine&TYPE=BOTH&MODE=ANY

Anyway, let me crunch some numbers and see where I stand.
Re: Export/import Used Car Engines To West Africa by KunleA2(m): 4:44pm On Dec 04, 2009
Re: Export/import Used Car Engines To West Africa by Nobody: 4:08am On Apr 24, 2011
I have complete auto parts for four Honda Accord and Toyota Camry in a container. If you are interested in buying everything at once, please let me know.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerians Think The Road In Front Of Their House Belongs To Them? / Do You Remember This Car? / Customer Destroys His N61m Mercedes-Benz S63 AMG With A Golf Club

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.