Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,476 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

Is It Right What I Do With 10% Of My Earnings? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Right What I Do With 10% Of My Earnings? (916 Views)

Endtime Body Of Christ Church In Akure: What i spotted this evening(pics) / Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? / Nigerian Population Is 50% Muslim, 40% Christian, Whats The Other 10%? Atheist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right What I Do With 10% Of My Earnings? by Joey82(m): 10:09am On Jan 28, 2013
I know this issue has been over flogged here but i still need some clarity.
Almost every month, i have people with very pressing, genuine problems begging my attention.
And at the end of each month i try to scrutinize and choose among these people which to help and donate my 10% to them
its not that i dont offer assistance to peeps aside this donation and i make sure the 10% does not go to any member of my family.
In any month that there isnt any genuine request for help, i take my 10% to the church.
I just want us share ideas so I can learn if what i'm doing is right or must we take our tithes to church?
Re: Is It Right What I Do With 10% Of My Earnings? by enilove(m): 12:33am On Jan 29, 2013
Your thithe is meant to be taking to church.The church will not exist if there are no funds to manage it.
Re: Is It Right What I Do With 10% Of My Earnings? by Goshen360(m): 3:19am On Jan 29, 2013
enilove: Your thithe is meant to be taking to church.The church will not exist if there are no funds to manage it.

^
I'm sorry, you statement is false in the light of the New Testament. Tithe had ENDED in the New Testament - there're plain scriptures that ended tithe in the New Testament. What the church is to be supported with is the free will giving of God's people. The church can exist without tithe in the New Testament. I know MANY churches here in the USA that don't take tithe from over 10,000 of the members.
Re: Is It Right What I Do With 10% Of My Earnings? by eddy18(f): 4:40pm On Jan 29, 2013
Goshen360:

^
I'm sorry, you statement is false in the light of the New Testament. Tithe had ENDED in the New Testament - there're plain scriptures that ended tithe in the New Testament. What the church is to be supported with is the free will giving of God's people. The church can exist without tithe in the New Testament. I know MANY churches here in the USA that don't take tithe from over 10,000 of the members.
Jesus came to fulfill the law and abolish it (Ephesians 2:15). Tithes were not part of what was abolished because it came before the law of Moses came, in the days of Abraham.
Re: Is It Right What I Do With 10% Of My Earnings? by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:08pm On Jan 29, 2013
it is wrong and is condemnable that you are giving your hard-earned money to th is foreing organization that has connection in europe and is filling oyinbos coffers. angry
Re: Is It Right What I Do With 10% Of My Earnings? by tpia5: 8:56pm On Jan 29, 2013
Yes, the issue has been overflogged.

Not sure why people suddenly remember the needy when they're staring at their tithe.

You dont remember the needy at other times, its only when you see your tithe that you suddenly notice them around you.
Re: Is It Right What I Do With 10% Of My Earnings? by Goshen360(m): 9:24pm On Jan 29, 2013
eddy18:
Jesus came to fulfill the law and abolish it (Ephesians 2:15). Tithes were not part of what was abolished because it came before the law of Moses came, in the days of Abraham.

1. You're right sister, that tithe came before the law. What kind of tithe was that? Was it commanded to Abraham? The tithe practiced in churches today is not Abraham's kind of tithe. Churches only hide under the canopy of Abraham's tithe to teach tithe saying it was before the law BUT the tithe taught in church today is ACCORDING TO THE LAW - They have to quote Malachi to threaten God's people. That's tithe ACCORDING TO THE LAW.

2. Hebrews 7 discusses tithe (PRE-LAW, as in the case of Abraham) and tithe (ACCORDING to the law which was commanded). It puts an END to BOTH tithes, pre-law and according to the law. The simple truth is, tithe doesn't make anyone rich or richer. The case of "before the law" basis of tithe is destroyed with evidence that Abraham was rich before the account of tithe and we're not told he became rich by tithing.
Re: Is It Right What I Do With 10% Of My Earnings? by christemmbassey(m): 10:22pm On Jan 29, 2013
Goshen360:

1. You're right sister, that tithe came before the law. What kind of tithe was that? Was it commanded to Abraham? The tithe practiced in churches today is not Abraham's kind of tithe. Churches only hide under the canopy of Abraham's tithe to teach tithe saying it was before the law BUT the tithe taught in church today is ACCORDING TO THE LAW - They have to quote Malachi to threaten God's people. That's tithe ACCORDING TO THE LAW.

2. Hebrews 7 discusses tithe (PRE-LAW, as in the case of Abraham) and tithe (ACCORDING to the law which was commanded). It puts an END to BOTH tithes, pre-law and according to the law. The simple truth is, tithe doesn't make anyone rich or richer. The case of "before the law" basis of tithe is destroyed with evidence that Abraham was rich before the account of tithe and we're not told he became rich by tithing.
pls how many times did Abraham pay tax? What about Isaac and Jacob, appart from when he made a vow when he was fleeing from Esau, this question is 4 ppl who claim that tithe predate the law..

(1) (Reply)

Sunday Church Dressing / Obama; A Christian That Most Nairaland Christians Can Never Measure Up To / Rccg Open Heavens Devotion Tuesday 18th June, 2013 When The Wind Blows By Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.