Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,435 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / . (8781 Views)

Farming for business : Ideas / A-Z Of Registering A Non Governmental Organization (NGO) In Nigeria / Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by MrNigeria2(m): 12:31pm On Jan 28, 2013

1 Like

Re: . by MrNigeria2(m): 1:26pm On Jan 28, 2013
...poultry farming business is highly interesting if you are very knowledgeable about simple practices that affect the performance of the birds .
HERE IS THE DETAILED TABLE OF CONTENT OF THE SAID MANUAL BELOW

1.Basic requirements for poultry production
2.Husbandry practice
3.Housing structure
4.Preparing for the arrival of the chicks
5.Qualities of a good litter
6.Brooding (preparation of the chicks house):
7.Light management for broiler.
8.Signs of bird discomfort
9.Feeds and feeding – nutrition:
10.Ways to improve the energy utilization of
ingredients
11.Forms of poultry feed
12.Types of poultry feeds
13.Factors affecting feed conversion
14.Causes of non uniformity of weight of
birds:
15.Disease and health management:
16.Biosecurity and sanitation
17.Farm waste management
18.General vaccination / debeaking guide:
19.Record systems
20.Processing & marketing
21.Cost estimate for raising 200 broilers
from day-oldchickto table size birds every 8
weeks
22.Cost estimate for raising 200 layers from
day-old chick to spent layers.
23.Managing layers
24.Lighting management for layers
25.Management of beak trimmed bird
26.Diseases that can be contacted by poultry
birds
..... This and some other relevant information
that you will need to start up a successful
poultry business have been included in this
powerful e –book
TO GRAB YOUR COPY! SIMPLY SEND A MAIL TO ME AT
sleekseal200 @ yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: . by warrior01: 6:39pm On Jan 28, 2013
Interesting. Op, pls where is your farm located I would like to pay you a visit.
Re: . by MrNigeria2(m): 7:10pm On Jan 28, 2013
.... Thanks for your response

This eye opening book is what you need to get started in your dream poultry farming business. It is not free but the price has been
highly discounted from #4,000 to #2,000 forNairaland members.
if you re interested, then you can inbox me at sleekseal200 at yahoo dot com or call me on 07011934575 for your payment details. Thanks .
Re: . by olu77emi: 11:40am On Jan 30, 2013
Hi,
Please send me a copy of your poultry manual (yemi.77443@gmail.com)as a brother in Nairaland, sow it as a seed and you will be richly blessed
Re: . by juliebrown: 2:13pm On Jan 30, 2013
Heavenroll@yahoo.com. Wats ur payment method
Re: . by chisco: 2:41pm On Jan 30, 2013
Please send details to: judeugo0561@yahoo.com
Re: . by Fulanee: 10:41am On Jan 31, 2013
Details to manzojunior@gmail.com. tnx
Re: . by EbubeGid(m): 1:07pm On Jan 31, 2013
Please send details to: gidebu@yahoo.com thanks bro
Re: . by MrNigeria2(m): 12:17pm On Feb 01, 2013
invest in this business and experience the
profits that poultry farmers enjoy.

Imagine selling just 5 crates of egg daily at the rate of 600 Naira. ...the TOTAL INCOME made will be #3000 in JUST ONE DAY
Re: . by bucho8888: 4:38pm On Feb 01, 2013
i want send some1 2 buy it 4 me where is ur farm so dat d person can come n buy it
Re: . by MrNigeria2(m): 12:22pm On Mar 07, 2013
olu77emi: Hi,
Please send me a copy of your poultry manual (yemi.77443@gmail.com)as a brother in Nairaland, sow it as a seed and you will be richly blessed
Mail sent.
Re: . by MrNigeria2(m): 12:27pm On Mar 07, 2013
juliebrown: Heavenroll@yahoo.com. Wats ur payment method

mail sent
Re: . by MrNigeria2(m): 12:38pm On Mar 07, 2013
Fulanee: Details to manzojunior@gmail.com. tnx
mail sent
Re: . by MrNigeria2(m): 12:39pm On Mar 07, 2013
Ebube_Gid: Please send details to: gidebu@yahoo.com thanks bro
mail sent
Re: . by MrNigeria2(m): 12:52pm On Mar 07, 2013
This is an excerpt from the eye opening book that i newly released for sale.
How to be Successful in Poultry Business
Stock to Raise:
The following could be used as a guide in selecting the foundation stock to raise:
Stock should only be purchased from a reliable hatchery or franchised dealer where the parent stocks are well- housed and well-managed.

The kind of stock to buy depends upon the purpose for which it is going to be raised.
Chicks should be free from diseases and deformities. Chicks should have uniform size and
colour. For broiler chicks, weight should not be less than 33 grams at day-old.
For a start, a popular strain raised in the community can be selected as it is an indication of the bird’s good performance under existing farm conditions.
For broilers, choose those that have high liveability and fast growers. For layers, choose those that have good egg size, high egg production and long, productive life.

Expect more over time and dont forget to order for the full e book by calling my phone number or mail. Thanks and God blessings.
Re: . by MrNigeria2(m): 10:55am On Mar 12, 2013
HERE IS AN EXCERPT IN THE NEWLY RELEASED E-BOOK
Herein i talked about biosecurity and how important it is in ensuring the survival and efficient productivity of the poultry birds which is very paramount for profit maximisation.

BIOSECURITY
Bio-security is the first line of defense against introduction of any poultry
disease and probably the only defense as long as preventive / prophylactic
vaccination of flocks at risk is excluded. Prevent disease getting into farm & its
spread between units. Control access of pets and formite which are sources of
disease on a poultry farm.
It is the intentional avoidance of disease through a planned program of risk
reduction. A set of management practices or a series of steps taken to
prevent or reduce the potential for the introduction and spread of disease-
causing organisms onto and between sites. It is also an overall program that
uses a combination of physical barriers (things) and directed actions (people)
in a specific way that should prevent the introduction of, or limit the spread
of infectious disease causing agents (bacteria & viruses) into a group of
susceptible poultry. It is Informed Common sense

Bio-security comprises two elements:
• Bio-exclusion- refers to measures to exclude infectious agents from
uninfected premises.
• Bio-containment - the prevention of infectious agent spread from
infected premises.
It involves the following,
• quality of day old chick (d.o.c)
• Flocking profile
• Vaccinology
• Traffic control
• Sanitation, pest and fomite management.
In trying to achieve that, an all-in all-out system is the type of farm practice to
adhere to.

To get the full information dont forget to visit my site at http://agricbusinessng..com
Re: . by MrNigeria2(m): 1:11pm On Mar 12, 2013
I will be updating from time to time so don't forget to bookmark this page.
Re: . by MrNigeria2(m): 11:30am On Mar 13, 2013
POULTRY FARMING FOR NIGERIANS, HOW FARMERS CAN LOOSE MONEY WITHOUT KNOWING

On this page, I have discussed much about the profitability and sensitivity of the chicken farming business in 14 posts below. You must read all the posts on this blog if you are really interested in chicken farming and need some information about the business.

It is a lucrative business in Nigeria if well managed from inception and the market is there, ready made. There are egg traders who go out of Lagos to as far as Ibadan and beyond to look for eggs. Frozen chicken is big business in Nigeria but smuggled into the country as it is officially banned on the Import Prohibition List. These show that there is a gap in the market to be filled. Besides these, there are other investment opportunities in the industry besides the farming aspect.There is always room for a new entrant into any aspect of the business.

Now, I want to discuss how a careless farmer can lose money in the business without knowing until it is probably too late. There is a report on this blog titled ‘Cost Analysis Report’ which explains the cost of operations for the setup of a small chicken farm of 200 layers for egg production.
The report also explains how egg production work i.e. the general rule in egg production (that a chicken will lay an egg a day for up to 24 months) and the several exceptions (the reasons why it is not actually so & the exact position).
It also explains how you can forecast a realizable egg production and income estimate from a given number of chickens. It is an important report for starters who need to understand the figures.

Before you go set up a chicken layer farm, you should understand the natty-gritty of egg production because there is a loop that your farm staff can exploit to pocket your money and you will not know. It is advised that the owner of the farm be there to manage his farm or maintain very close supervision if he is an absentee owner.
If he is an absentee owner, the farm manager must be a honest and trusted person. His operational competence is also important. If your manager/farm staff is not honest and exploits the loop (one of the exceptions) in egg production to your own disadvantage, then you are on the losing end. This is a clear fact and one prime reason why some chicken farms have closed down especially those owned by absentee owners.

If you understand egg production general rule and its 6 exceptions, you will be able to tackle the loop to reduce egg pilferage to the barest minimum and make maximum returns. The cost analysis report is for those that are really interested in the business and need to understand the figures.

If the owner cannot be available to supervise his investment and cannot get a trusted manager, do not do the business. Before you set up a chicken farm, you must understand the exceptions in egg production and the loop that can cause you to lose money and the remedies.
Then sort out the issue of who supervises the farm. If your staff cannot steal eggs without you knowing, there are other avenues they will try. However,do not be discouraged from doing the business.But knowing in advance the pros and cons help so that you know how to run the business more profitably.The truth that you know sets free.

You must have a good record keeping system which enables you know how the farm is standing financially at any point. What you are to keep record of on daily basis has been explained in the layer report (How to set up and operate a profitable layer chicken farm in Nigeria: A Beginner’s Guide).
Then, when you observe that you are losing money, you have to know what exactly is going wrong. One of the common reasons is egg pilferage by farm staff. If egg losses are not controlled, it can ruin a large farm where little drops make an ocean.

If you have a small backyard farm producing less than 10 crates daily but a farm staff steals a crate a day valued at N700.00, the loss is N21000.00 monthly. If the fraud goes on unchecked, within few months, the farm will become financially distressed as a result.

This is why I say that the owner should understand how egg production works to be able to reduce egg losses to the barest minimum even if he is available to manage his farm. It is when the farmer understands the system that he can devise a remedy to check losses.
The solution is a simple common sense application that anyone can apply.You need common sense in this business.
If you have 1000 healthy, well fed layer chickens at the peak of production and your farm manager gives you an average daily egg production report stating 20 crates and you believe just like that, then you are the one working for your manager.

Then a control system should be put in place to check abuses by farm staff.You should understand the mentality that farm staff exhibit and how it can adversely affect farm fortunes.There are four major atrocities poultry dishonest farm staff do which can ruin a farm.
Staff recruitment, supervision and monitoring is important.Engage staff you can trust. The management i.e who manages the farm is a crucial factor to success because if you put all the factors in place but have incompetent, untrustworthy staff in charge, the farm may fail.

The report discusses the factors to consider before setting up a backyard farm in a home. Many backyard farmers have problems and some have been frustrated in the business. How some dishonest consultants rip off starters will also be highlighted in the report.

To learn more about the basics of Poultry farming secrets to success from my e book report kindly visit my blogsite at http://agricbusinessng..com/ or call my nuumber in the signature below.Thanks
Re: . by MrNigeria2(m): 11:53am On Mar 14, 2013
NEXT ON THE SERIES
Poultry Farming for Nigerians: Profitability Analysis for Starters
This is the segment that discusses the ins and the outs in the lucrative but sensitive chicken farming business to Nigerians. You will learn the sweet and the bitter aspects of the business on this e book to be able to know how to cross the bridge before you get to it.Please read with an open mind.

The problem that some people have in the business is waiting to reach the bridge before knowing how to cross it. That is a wrong mindset.

The profitability analysis is about the financial projections for 12 months of egg production for a 200 chicken layers farm and a 200 broilers farm raised from day old age. Those applying for entrepreneurship/agricultural loans or grants will find it useful for writing their proposals or to support their applications.

The financial projection or profitability analysis (Profit & Loss Accounts) for 12 months has the following:
A) Layers Chicken:
1) Analysis of egg revenue from 1000 layers on daily and monthly basis for 12 months
2)Revenue from the disposal of old layers at the end of egg production
3)Analysis of farm expenses(diesel costs, salaries,transport,consultancy,miscellaneous,etc) on a daily and monthly basis for 12 months
4)Depreciation of major farm assets on a daily and monthly basis for the 12 months
5)The analysis of feed costs at the different stages of development in the chickens for the initial 20 weeks and during the egg production phase.
5)Gross and Net Profit position daily and monthly
6) Farm assets to set up + cost
7) The Sunk Cost i.e. the analysis of operating costs for the first 20 weeks from day old status to the commencement of egg laying

A cash flow projection for 12 months of sales is included in the report.A separate report that explains the workings, how each of the figures on the spreadsheet for 200 layers was arrived at is attached.

If you are a Nigerian and a starter, interested in chicken farming,and need information about the business,please read the blog posts below with an open mind. The e book contain valuable insights about the business.The posts teach you what to know to do rightly, and what to avoid doing, in the chicken farming business to avoid costly mistakes.

Then knowing what to do and what to avoid, you can confidently go set up your farm.But you are advised not to go it alone as a beginner.Please get support from an experienced farmer or poultry/livestock consultant for more detailed information and guidance.

Make a diligent search for a seasoned and competent poultry/livestock consultant to support and guide you regarding the set up of the farm.There are many livestock consultants wherever you are. Get a competent one, and you are on the right course to set up your farm.

The details of how to access get the full report titled A To Z Of Poultry Farming For Agro Entrepreneurs are in the site. To learn more about the basics of Poultry farming secrets to success from my e book report kindly visit my blogsite at http://agricbusinessng..com/ or call my nuumber in the signature below.

If you re interested in purchasing this enlightening poultry farming business manual, you can drop your email address here or simply inbox me at sleekseal200 at yahoo dot com or call me on 07011934575
Re: . by MrNigeria2(m): 11:48am On Mar 19, 2013
Welcome Dear reader, i want to urge all those who have purchased my 63 paged Poultry business for entrepreneurs Manual should read it at least three times to be well engrossed in the indepth details that have been well explained in this powerful life changing manual.Thanks

Next in the series of this post is the topic...
Poultry Farming Business: A Goldmine

If you are a Nigerian looking for a small business to do,please endeavor to read and digest all the posts about poultry farming.
Stop roaming the streets looking for a non existent job.Stop looking for a visa to Europe and loosing money to fake visa agents.

A 200 chicken farm is a micro-farm which can be set up in a home backyard.Do you know that if you have JUST 200 healthy layer chickens producing eggs for you,your monthly revenue from eggs alone is more than N90K? That is if you run the business well in the right manner.Next time you see a chicken on the street,you are seeing a goldmine.For the statistics, check the FEASIBILITY analysis in my manual.

One of the most common fears is the fear of chicken deaths or high failure rates or mortality rates.I disagree to a large extent.Chickens die.Is that any big deal? Don’t humans die? Are chickens and humans not living things? Do we have power over our living and death? Do not humans with the best comforts of life – food, money,drugs & other essentials of life- slump and die?

If you are afraid that some of your chickens may die, why are you not afraid of driving? Or eating? Or sleeping? Or marrying? It is a risk too to drive a car, to eat, to sleep and to marry a husband or a wife.People get killed while driving.People eat poisoned food and die.People sleep and do not wake up.People often marry the wrong partners and come out of it with scars and bruises and regrets and life goes on.if you are scared of risk, do not ever step out of your bedroom because you may get hurt.

Do not be afraid or scared of the business on account of chicken deaths. Prepare your mind that you will lose some chickens.The standard normal mortality rate is 8-10% of your stock per year provided that you have done everything that you should do. If you have 100 layer chickens, you should not lose more than 10 in 12 months. if you do lose chickens over 15%, then it is abnormal and indicates that something is obviously wrong that should be promptly investigated and corrected.

In many cases, it is due to farmer ignorance or negligence by the failure to do what is necessary at the right time.

An instance is where you fail to do the evacuation of the chicken droppings at the appropriate time.If the chickens get affected by diseases and as a result the farm experiences chicken deaths or poor production,is this not negligence on the part of the farmer?.

Assume you lose 10% of the chickens during the year which means that you now have 190 old layers to dispose.If you dispose during Christmas,the selling price was a minimum N700.00 in Lagos @ Xmas 2013.You earn about N136,000 from the sale as an addition to the revenue earned from the sales of eggs during the egg production period.Your sources of income are egg sales, sales of the layers at the end of the laying period and sales of chicken waste i.e. poultry manure to crop farmers.

The statistics here is a realistic projection,not a hype.For you to realize this revenue, you must understand all the processes and workings of the business and apply them meticulously.

You must have properly managed the chickens from inception and also operate the farm under excellent conditions.Managing the chickens properly from inception and operating the farm under excellent condition is where the real work is.

This is not a business you set up and hand over to just anyone to manage for you because they may not represent your interests the way you expect.The owners personal attention to supervise the farm is very necessary even if he has personnel in charge.Now,if the owner does not know how poultry farming operates,then how will he know what is going on?If the staff know the business better than the owner,they may rip him off and take him for a ride.

This is the reason why it is essential that the owner should have some knowledge of the business to be able to understand what is going on in the business.Knowledge is one of the greatest assets in business.If however you can get a trusted and competent and trained hand to manage it for you,all will be well.But if you put an incompetent hand in charge,you may regret coming into poultry business.

Most of those who failed in this business and are spreading negative stories about it are those who ventured into it with a get-rich quick mindset or who had no training in the business or who engaged incompetent hands and had no time to supervise it or those who expected overnight results and had no patience.Poultry farming is hard work and not for the lazy.There is no short cut in this business.

The details of the course content and how to access get the full report titled A To Z Of Poultry Farming For Agro Entrepreneurs are in the site.

To learn more about the basics of Poultry farming secrets to success from my e book report kindly visit my blogsite at http://agricbusinessng..com/ or call my nuumber in the signature below.

If you re interested in purchasing this enlightening poultry farming business manual, you can drop your email address here or simply inbox me at sleekseal200 at yahoo dot com or call me on 07011934575 or 07067804587
Re: . by MrNigeria2(m): 2:37pm On Mar 19, 2013
....don't forget to visit the link below for more intricate information on the manual and its contents and how it can empower you knowledge wise.

Information is power! !!
Re: . by olushollys(m): 2:44pm On Mar 19, 2013
Hi, I'm interested in ur e book olushollys@yahoo.com
Thanks
Re: . by MrNigeria2(m): 3:04pm On Mar 19, 2013
Hi, I'm interested in ur e book olushollys@
yahoo.com
Thanks
mail sent. .check your inbox
Re: . by omejeo: 11:58pm On Mar 19, 2013
hi, i am intersted in your ebook my mail is omejeonyinye@ymail.com thanks
Re: . by MrNigeria2(m): 12:10pm On Mar 20, 2013
omejeo: hi, i am intersted in your ebook my mail is omejeonyinye@ymail.com thanks

Mail Sent
Re: . by MrNigeria2(m): 12:12pm On Mar 20, 2013
Thank you to all that have responded to this easy offer.Still open to interested agro entrepreneurs at the same #1,500 for the manual.

The details of the course content and how to access get the full report titled A To Z Of Poultry Farming For Agro Entrepreneurs are in the site.

To learn more about the basics of Poultry farming secrets to success from my e book report kindly visit my blogsite at http://agricbusinessng..com/ or call my nuumber in the signature below.

If you re interested in purchasing this enlightening poultry farming business manual, you can drop your email address here or simply inbox me at sleekseal200 at yahoo dot com or call me on 07011934575 or 07067804587
Re: . by MrNigeria2(m): 2:05pm On Mar 21, 2013

On this day, we will be dealing with the issue of housing and the ty pes of housing systems in poultry production

Housing
Two basic housing methods are available:
THE DEEP LITTER SYSTEM and THE BATTERY CAGE[/b]
Both methods are good, provided that proper hygiene is maintained.
In the deep litter system, the pullets are placed on bare floor that has been covered with saw dust.

Careful consideration is given to the method applied in feeding the birds. Removing the dropping usually poses no problem. You can
either pack off the entire saw dust with the dropping or cover the dropping with fresh saw dust. Normally, the day-old chicks are housed using the brooder method before they grow up. They can be transferred to the battery cage when
they approach their egg-laying period, or left in the deep litter floor.

The battery cage housing allows for the droppings to fall on a separate platform directly under the cage. It is uniquely constructed to make feeding and drinking quiet easy for the birds. The birds feed on marsh, which have been properly compounded.
The marsh should be given according to an expert’s advice. In some cases, inappropriate feeding can lead to excess fat, which can result in mortality. In fact, defective feeding can lead to low egg production. In fact, it has
been experienced in the past where a whole stock of birds produced no egg, due to wrongfeeding.

Health
One of the critical factors that account for the success or failure of poultry farming is the way
the health of the birds is handled. If the source of the day-old chicks, or the foundation stick is compromised, or the
necessary drugs are not properly administrated, poultry farming can turn into a nightmare. The intending farmer should seek (and take
seriously) expert advice on the type of drug to administer on the birds as well as the dosage.

When birds are hatched, there is a vaccination time table to be followed; if this is not done, the farmer that buys this stock from the source may have serious problems. Again, the farmer should take pain to do it by himself or hire a qualified and honest consultant / veterinary doctor in order to get the desired result.

If you are a Nigerian and a starter, interested in chicken farming,and need information about the business,please read the blog posts below with an open mind. The e book contain valuable insights about the business.The posts teach you what to know to do rightly, and what to avoid doing, in the chicken farming business to avoid costly mistakes.

Then knowing what to do and what to avoid, you can confidently go set up your farm.But you are advised not to go it alone as a beginner.Please get support from an experienced farmer or poultry/livestock consultant for more detailed information and guidance.

Make a diligent search for a seasoned and competent poultry/livestock consultant to support and guide you regarding the set up of the farm.There are many livestock consultants wherever you are. Get a competent one, and you are on the right course to set up your farm.

The details of how to access get the full report titled A To Z Of Poultry Farming For Agro Entrepreneurs are in the site. To learn more about the basics of Poultry farming secrets to success from my e book report kindly visit my blogsite at http://agricbusinessng..com/ or call my nuumber in the signature below.

If you re interested in purchasing this enlightening poultry farming business manual, you can drop your email address here or simply inbox me at sleekseal200 at yahoo dot com or call me on 07011934575.
Thanks and God Bless you all intending Agro Entrepreneur.
Ayodeji Charles Oladuji BSc(Agric)
Re: . by amarula(f): 2:55pm On Mar 21, 2013
I got the manual as you promised and i must confess that i was suprised. Pardon me for this but as i paid the money i didnt believe you would do your part. Your manual is really an eye opener. God bless you

1 Like

Re: . by MrNigeria2(m): 7:59pm On Mar 21, 2013
amarula: I got the manual as you promised and i must confess that i was suprised. Pardon me for this but as i paid the money i didnt believe you would do your part. Your manual is really an eye opener. God bless you

Thanks a lot ma , I am glad you took that step of faith. Am also glad you are getting enlightened by the poultry manual. I really appreciate your kind words , Thanks once again.
Re: . by miqos02(m): 9:57pm On Mar 21, 2013
nice one. keep it up
Re: . by MrNigeria2(m): 11:48am On Mar 22, 2013
miqos02: nice one. keep it up

you are highly welcomed my brother.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Start Mini Exportation of Foodstuff Today / How Lucrative Is Onion Business. / Nigerians That Import Goods From Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.