Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,851 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:40 AM

Toyota Sienna, P0136 Code Refers To Second Oxygen Sensor On Bank 1 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Sienna, P0136 Code Refers To Second Oxygen Sensor On Bank 1 (7475 Views)

DIY: Replacement Of Downstream (bank 1 Sensor 2) O2 Sensor On 03-07 Accord 4cyl / Pls Help With Dis Dilemma Of Air Fuel Sensor On Toyota Camry 2003 XLE In Benin / Location Of Fuel Temperature Sensor On Nissan Primera WP11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Sienna, P0136 Code Refers To Second Oxygen Sensor On Bank 1 by chikasin4(m): 1:21pm On Jan 28, 2013
Hi friends my Toyota Sienna 2000 model shows CHECK Engine light at the dash board two weeks ago, I went and scanned it last week it reads P0136 code which refers to the second oxygen sensor
on Bank 1.
Pls I want to know d location of the sensor in the engine, and what can i do to solve it without replacing it since it cost #30,000 for new one accordind to the machanic. What is side effect if i ignor it. Ikenna, Siena pls I need ur advice. Thank u
Re: Toyota Sienna, P0136 Code Refers To Second Oxygen Sensor On Bank 1 by gbadaniyi(m): 2:11pm On Jan 28, 2013
fuel will be consumed much and will lead to black smoke which will in turn affect the engine
Re: Toyota Sienna, P0136 Code Refers To Second Oxygen Sensor On Bank 1 by chikasin4(m): 3:25pm On Jan 28, 2013
but d u know d location of it in d engine? So that I can clean it before thinkin about hw to replace it.
Re: Toyota Sienna, P0136 Code Refers To Second Oxygen Sensor On Bank 1 by ZIMDRILL(m): 5:00pm On Jan 28, 2013
chikasin4: but d u know d location of it in d engine? So that I can clean it before thinkin about hw to replace it.

just follow the exhuast pipe starting from outlet manifold you will see sensors on the pipe on different positions

its a simple job you can do it if you have the right spanner

on the photo the car as two oxygen sensor and the one at the bottom of the photo is the bank 1 and the one labelled is bank 2

Re: Toyota Sienna, P0136 Code Refers To Second Oxygen Sensor On Bank 1 by chikasin4(m): 8:02pm On Jan 28, 2013
thank u, I will try and clean it by the weekend.
Also, I will like to know if it is safe to put mobile 1 synthetic engine oil (0W- 40) at the car dat travels more than 170,000miles. If yes how long or miles does it cover b4 changing. Thank u
Re: Toyota Sienna, P0136 Code Refers To Second Oxygen Sensor On Bank 1 by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:28pm On Jan 28, 2013
chikasin4: thank u, I will try and clean it by the weekend.
Also, I will like to know if it is safe to put mobile 1 synthetic engine oil (0W- 40) at the car dat travels more than 170,000miles. If yes how long or miles does it cover b4 changing. Thank u

most people in uk dont wait for manufacturer recommended mileage interval to change oil, we do it every year

so if it is cheap to you to do it every year do it or any time before the recommended mileage interval

as for the oil if only i knew the climate there then i would say yes or no

since oil type for engines is also determined by region climate
Re: Toyota Sienna, P0136 Code Refers To Second Oxygen Sensor On Bank 1 by chikasin4(m): 8:47pm On Jan 28, 2013
Our climate here in Nigeria is between 20¢ to 40¢ degree by estimate.
Re: Toyota Sienna, P0136 Code Refers To Second Oxygen Sensor On Bank 1 by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:09pm On Jan 28, 2013
chikasin4: Our climate here in Nigeria is between 20¢ to 40¢ degree by estimate.

https://www.briggsandstratton.com/support/frequently-asked-questions/Engine%20Oil%20Recommendations/
Re: Toyota Sienna, P0136 Code Refers To Second Oxygen Sensor On Bank 1 by chikasin4(m): 8:20pm On Feb 17, 2013
Hi friends pls I need ur help, I changed d oxygen sensor (used one after testing), and I remove my battery terminals b4, den I put it back after, d check engine light went of and came back after 2days, my question is dat is it normal or shld I use OBDII scan tool to remove d check engine light from my dash board. Thank u

(1) (Reply)

Finally Got A CAR! And The Feeling Is Unexplainable / 5 Ways Nigerians Can Save Money On Car Repairs / Plz Help Me On Transmission Issue (updated)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.