Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,226 members, 7,953,862 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:57 AM

Baby Gets Pencil Stuck In Her Brain! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Baby Gets Pencil Stuck In Her Brain! (15014 Views)

Chai! Baby Gets Herpes After Receiving A Kiss From Family Member / Baby Undergoes Surgery To Stop Her Brain From Being Squashed / PLEASE HELP. I Have Cotton Wool From Ear Bud Stuck In Ear (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Baby Gets Pencil Stuck In Her Brain! by samguy008: 7:11pm On Jan 28, 2013
The 19-month-old toddler from New Boston, N.H., is expected to make a full recovery after she fell off a reclining chair onto the end of a colored pencil that pierced her eye.

The writing utensil was lodged inside her brain, according to the New Hampshire Union Leader.
"If you can consider someone lucky who has a pencil go through her brain, you have to consider this girl remarkably lucky," . . . . . . . .

http://www.wapjoint.com/2013/01/baby-gets-pencil-stuck-in-her-brain.html

1 Like

Re: Baby Gets Pencil Stuck In Her Brain! by eriegua83: 7:21pm On Jan 28, 2013
Oh my God! Where was d mother

3 Likes

Re: Baby Gets Pencil Stuck In Her Brain! by samguy008: 9:21am On Feb 04, 2013
eriegua83: Oh my God! Where was d mother

she surpose go jail
Re: Baby Gets Pencil Stuck In Her Brain! by toluleke(m): 3:53pm On Feb 04, 2013
She was pinging

3 Likes

Re: Baby Gets Pencil Stuck In Her Brain! by SamMilla1(m): 3:53pm On Feb 04, 2013
hmm.
Re: Baby Gets Pencil Stuck In Her Brain! by toluleke(m): 3:55pm On Feb 04, 2013
nawa wen odas r looking for children others are either dumping , aborting, leaving them carelessly. WHO WOULD BLAME GOD?
Re: Baby Gets Pencil Stuck In Her Brain! by Nobody: 3:56pm On Feb 04, 2013
Ah! The thought of this gave me goose pimples. God bless her guardian angel for a successful surgery.
Re: Baby Gets Pencil Stuck In Her Brain! by onlineadejoh(m): 3:56pm On Feb 04, 2013
Sorry!
Re: Baby Gets Pencil Stuck In Her Brain! by ifeomabernard(f): 3:57pm On Feb 04, 2013
toluleke: She was pinging
some mothers can be very careless
Re: Baby Gets Pencil Stuck In Her Brain! by SisiKill1: 3:58pm On Feb 04, 2013
Wow! Just wow!! shocked shocked

You read things like and you have to wonder. . .How do people in countries without Good Health Care survive and then you can't help but conclude - There's gotta be a God! I mean how else can you explain it??!!

2 Likes

Re: Baby Gets Pencil Stuck In Her Brain! by ifeomabernard(f): 3:58pm On Feb 04, 2013
onlineadejoh: Why would anybody wanna call a 19 year old "baby" . That's a blunder cos 19 years is an adult age already.
19months ODE

3 Likes

Re: Baby Gets Pencil Stuck In Her Brain! by Nobody: 3:59pm On Feb 04, 2013
OMG!! shocked shocked shocked

Wow!! Thank goodness she's okay..
Re: Baby Gets Pencil Stuck In Her Brain! by Psalhadeen: 4:00pm On Feb 04, 2013
To mean d baby is now partially blind ?
Re: Baby Gets Pencil Stuck In Her Brain! by Lakayana: 4:01pm On Feb 04, 2013
Jesus!!!!!!!!!!!!! Children are really innocent if na one ogbologbo wen on sin left right and center na die straight.
Re: Baby Gets Pencil Stuck In Her Brain! by Artistree: 4:01pm On Feb 04, 2013
The second case I've heard of object piercing thru without causing much harm.
One of God's wondrous works...

1 Like

Re: Baby Gets Pencil Stuck In Her Brain! by SisiKill1: 4:01pm On Feb 04, 2013
samguy008:

she surpose go jail

Are you guys kidding me with this crap?!!!

Honestly, some people's access to the internet should be revoked. It's one thing to display your ignorance among your close circle (who are probably ignorant themselves or the won't be part of your close circles), it is another to display it on the world wide web.

3 Likes

Re: Baby Gets Pencil Stuck In Her Brain! by navymii(m): 4:01pm On Feb 04, 2013
Pls stop jumping to the conclusion that the mother was careless. No matter how careful people are, accidents will sometimes happen. Just saying..

8 Likes

Re: Baby Gets Pencil Stuck In Her Brain! by DaGeeNius1(m): 4:02pm On Feb 04, 2013
O.M.G!!!!!
Re: Baby Gets Pencil Stuck In Her Brain! by Nobody: 4:02pm On Feb 04, 2013
Wow!! What an injury! How unlucky can one child get that so many bad things aligned together to cause such a terrible event. Not only did she fall from a recliner, but she fell from a recliner eyeball first, with so much force, into a colored pencil that was somehow in position to penetrate all the way into her brain? Talk about bad luck! Thank God the little one is fine. Children are so resilient, 3 strokes later, she is home and doing well!
Re: Baby Gets Pencil Stuck In Her Brain! by Bamsdayo(m): 4:02pm On Feb 04, 2013
samguy008:

she surpose go jail
why jail again??.
Re: Baby Gets Pencil Stuck In Her Brain! by hamuel: 4:05pm On Feb 04, 2013
This is God at work!thank God the baby survive.
Re: Baby Gets Pencil Stuck In Her Brain! by Scarpon(m): 4:06pm On Feb 04, 2013
may god save her
Re: Baby Gets Pencil Stuck In Her Brain! by Ganys: 4:12pm On Feb 04, 2013
S
Re: Baby Gets Pencil Stuck In Her Brain! by abiL(f): 4:14pm On Feb 04, 2013
A similar story to that of Phineas Gage who had a large iron rod through his head.

The child might have some personality and/or behavioural problems depending on which region of her brain was damaged (if any).

Bless her though!
Re: Baby Gets Pencil Stuck In Her Brain! by yohannazack(m): 4:16pm On Feb 04, 2013
i bless God for saving the life of the innocent soul. i pray the parents will tell her abut the tragic story when she grew up and give her the reason to appreciate God fo savin her life.

1 Like

Re: Baby Gets Pencil Stuck In Her Brain! by OmolodMilkman93(m): 4:17pm On Feb 04, 2013
was anytin said abt wer d moda was?
Re: Baby Gets Pencil Stuck In Her Brain! by devour129: 4:19pm On Feb 04, 2013
accidents happen and they happen fast ! dont blame,just pray for the child
Re: Baby Gets Pencil Stuck In Her Brain! by Nobody: 4:21pm On Feb 04, 2013
devour129: accidents happen and they happen fast ! dont blame,just pray for the child

They happen fast is so true!! The mom may have been right beside her when it happened! I won't blame in this case until I hear a specific reason to.

1 Like

Re: Baby Gets Pencil Stuck In Her Brain! by Estrada(m): 4:22pm On Feb 04, 2013
What if the baby were a Nigerian undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Baby Gets Pencil Stuck In Her Brain! by BeraBera(f): 4:23pm On Feb 04, 2013
[size=14pt] Thank You Jesus For Saving The Little Child's Life! You are such a Miracle Worker! [/size]

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kaduna Declares 2 Runaway COVID-19 Patients Wanted / NAFDAC Speaks On PREMIUM TIMES Investigation On Filled Milk / COVID-19: Flour Mills Of Nigeria Distributes 35,000 Test Kits To Kano, 14 States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.