Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,189 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

10 Signs You Are An Unquestioning Christian: - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 Signs You Are An Unquestioning Christian: (569 Views)

10 Signs Of A Prosperity Gospel That Actually Makes You Poor / 10 Signs To Identify Fake Pastors / 9 Signs You Might Be An Empath (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Signs You Are An Unquestioning Christian: by Awoofawo(m): 7:56am On Jan 29, 2013
Got these from a Facebook page, wish to present to dear nairalanders for intelligence discussion.

10 SIGNS YOUR AN UNQUESTIONING CHRISTIAN:

1- You vigorously deny the existence of thousands of gods claimed by other religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existence of your god.

2 - You feel insulted and dehumanized when scientists say that people evolved from lesser life forms, but you have no problem with the biblical claim that you were created from dirt.

3 - You laugh at polytheists, but you have no problem believing in a trinity god.

4 - Your face turns purple when you hear of the atrocities attributed to Allah, but you don't even flinch when hearing about how god slaughtered all the babies of Egypt in the book of exodus and order the elimination of entire ethnic groups in Joshua, including women, childrenand animals.

5- You laugh at Hindu beliefs that defy human and Greek claims about gods sleeping with women but you have absolutely no problem believing that the "holy spirit" impregnated Mary who then gave birth to a man god who got killed, came back to live and then ascended into the sky.

6 - You are willing to spend your time looking for little loopholes in the scientifically established age of the Earth (4.55 billion years) but you find nothing wrong with believing dates recorded by pre-historic tribesmen sitting in tents having a guess that the world is only a coupleof thousand years old.

7 - You believe that the entire population of this planet with the exception of those who share your beliefs --though excluding those in all rival sects will spend eternity in an infinite hell of suffering. Yet you consider your religion the most "tolerant and loving"

8 - While modern science, history, biology and physics have failed to convince you otherwise some idiot rolling around the floor speaking in tongues may be all the evidence youneed.

9 - You define 0.01% as a "high success rate" when it comes to answered prayers. You consider that to be evidence that prayer works and you think that the other 99.9% was simply the will of god

10 - You actually know a lot less than many atheists, agnostics do about they bible, Christianity and church history. But still call yourself a christian.
— — with Keisha Pilgrim , Juan T Muthafukin Rav , Reginald King and Drake Jackson

source: http://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=534111729944111&id=137580649597223&set=a.137591366262818.17658.137580649597223&refid=13&_ft_=qid.5838749216672238910%3Amf_story_key.4828751459407148063

P.S. Ladi Phigure on same page wrote and I quote
"Religion is a lie & man made, its man own interpretations & philosophies however God is the truth! It's actually a lot more than 10signs... Must add how Christians claim to follow the scriptures but if they did they shouldn't be considering the cross a holy sign, fish or angels, they should be worshipping on Saturday, they shouldn't be celebrating Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving they unknowingly follow behind the Roman Catholic set times & laws. Then they should know if they really do follow the scriptures that the second coming Christ has come from the east in 1948 died in 1985 in the order of Melchizedek." [s] are there any iota of truth in all these......?[/s]
Re: 10 Signs You Are An Unquestioning Christian: by eriegua83: 8:02am On Jan 29, 2013
1000000 likes
Re: 10 Signs You Are An Unquestioning Christian: by Nobody: 8:03am On Jan 29, 2013
Awoofawo:
[s] are there any iota of truth in all these......?[/s]
grin take off those lines, don't be scared wink
Re: 10 Signs You Are An Unquestioning Christian: by Awoofawo(m): 8:14am On Jan 29, 2013
musKeeto:
grin take off those lines, don't be scared wink

scared by who? I'm not joor! Just want expose the plausible or otherwise of write-up through intelligent discussion........
Re: 10 Signs You Are An Unquestioning Christian: by Awoofawo(m): 8:34am On Jan 29, 2013
the second coming Christ has come from the east in 1948 died in 1985 in the order of Melchizedek." [s] I have search for information on the above quote without success, anyone with links or other resources should share us here, thank......?[/s]

moderators please don't put this on frontpage, cause I don't want some over zealous bigots to detrail this thread with their dogmatic.......let search for the truth with open mind. Thank!
Re: 10 Signs You Are An Unquestioning Christian: by butterflyy(f): 8:39am On Jan 29, 2013
U can list 1000 points i dont care. The bible has d final answer n its all true
Re: 10 Signs You Are An Unquestioning Christian: by Awoofawo(m): 8:50am On Jan 29, 2013
butterflyy: U can list 1000 points i dont care. The bible has d final answer n its all true

dear friend I not saying the bible is wrong. I believe that, it is an inspired/sacred book. But many dogmatic human Philosophies had/have take deep root in our Christian doctrine. Christianity as practice today is not same as handed by our Lord Jesus Christ! Peace!!!

(1) (Reply)

Benue Pastor Pulled Out Gun On Accountant Over Money Disaggrement / The Pope Resigns Due To Failing Health / Offering: How Often Do You Collect In Your Churches?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.