Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,960 members, 7,841,692 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

The Nigeria Stock Market. A Lazy Man's Way Thinking Of Becoming Rich - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / The Nigeria Stock Market. A Lazy Man's Way Thinking Of Becoming Rich (2084 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Nigeria Stock Market. A Lazy Man's Way Thinking Of Becoming Rich by 8oracle(m): 11:53am On Mar 06, 2008
When i read all about investment in stocks and whatnots, i have myself a big laugh. especially investing in the Nigeria stock market, pretending to be alive but dead.

For a starter who can sell his or her stock in less than 72hrs, if it becomes too urgent that need money to execute a project or save a life? for example the lazy man's way of thinking goes this way.To buy a stock today selling at N10 and lets saywithin 2weeks this same stocks jumps to N30 per share and you have invested N1000,000 or N50,000, with a little mathematics you can see you profit on paper, but can you sale these shares within 72hrs and recoup your profit?

A classical example to show that Nigeria stock market is a dead pretending to be alive is. Can you remember a company or corporate company you bought their stock in the past one year or more, which you havent received your share certificate/s?

Hence without a share certificate How can you sell your stock?
My opinion is Nigeria Stock Market is purely through and through OPM Others People's Money.
Re: The Nigeria Stock Market. A Lazy Man's Way Thinking Of Becoming Rich by Kashif(m): 12:22pm On Mar 06, 2008
My people perish for lack of knowledge cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: The Nigeria Stock Market. A Lazy Man's Way Thinking Of Becoming Rich by publicview: 12:38pm On Mar 06, 2008
@8oracle. I agree with you.

Quick market.with N1000,000 buy noodles be it indomie,mimee Q even candles etc within 2weeks the stock is gone, you have your profit in raw cash.

Let the stock investor wait for one year or thereabout dreaming,maybe before then the market will crash, reducing the invested stock to nots

Nigeria stock market is the more you look the less you see. No investment manager have come up to tell Nigerians the effect of the reccession in the US economy have affected the Nigeria Stock Market. One day it SHALL crash, many people are going to weep, if they will only stop at that.
Re: The Nigeria Stock Market. A Lazy Man's Way Thinking Of Becoming Rich by Kashif(m): 12:41pm On Mar 06, 2008
People should be informed!"angry"
Re: The Nigeria Stock Market. A Lazy Man's Way Thinking Of Becoming Rich by RoughCut(m): 9:33am On Mar 07, 2008
If you think EDUCATION is expensive try IGNORANCE
Re: The Nigeria Stock Market. A Lazy Man's Way Thinking Of Becoming Rich by carolope(f): 10:13pm On Mar 15, 2008
Ignorance they say is bliss! Just because I don't believe in somthing doesn't make it right or wrong. I have & still do make sales in less than 72 hours. I guess you just want to have a topic of your own and you can sure be happy I contributed. People like RoughCut if you knew him did too.
Re: The Nigeria Stock Market. A Lazy Man's Way Thinking Of Becoming Rich by egoldman(m): 10:51am On Mar 16, 2008
carolope:

Ignorance they say is bliss! Just because I don't believe in somthing doesn't make it right or wrong. I have & still do make sales in less than 72 hours. I guess you just want to have a topic of your own and you can sure be happy I contributed. People like RoughCut if you knew him did too.

If you dont mind , would plz tell me the first two steps one must take to start buying and selling selling stcoks on the Nigerian Stock Exchange , thanks .
Re: The Nigeria Stock Market. A Lazy Man's Way Thinking Of Becoming Rich by Mustay(m): 11:44am On Mar 16, 2008
Kashif:

i 4low u cry too : '( cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry'( cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry'( cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry'( cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry'( cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry'( cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry'( cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry'( cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry'( cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry'( cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry'( cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry'( cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry'( cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry'( cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry'( cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry'( cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry'( cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry'( cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry'( cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry'( cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry'( cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry'( cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry'( cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry'( cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry'( cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry'( cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry'( cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry'( cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry'( cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry'( cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry'( cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry'( cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry'( cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry'( cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry'( cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry'( cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry'( cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry'( cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry'( cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry'( cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry'( cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry'( cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry'( cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry'( cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry'( cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry'( cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry'( cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry'( cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry'( cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry'( cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry'( cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry'( cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry'( cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry'( cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: The Nigeria Stock Market. A Lazy Man's Way Thinking Of Becoming Rich by Nobody: 1:22pm On Mar 17, 2008
pp
Re: The Nigeria Stock Market. A Lazy Man's Way Thinking Of Becoming Rich by lokwe(m): 4:39pm On Mar 24, 2008
Kashif:

Re: The Nigeria Stock Market. A Lazy Man's Way Thinking Of Becoming Rich by easimoni(m): 10:03pm On Mar 24, 2008
8oracle:

When i read all about investment in stocks and whatnots, i have myself a big laugh. especially investing in the Nigeria stock market, pretending to be alive but dead.

For a starter who can sell his or her stock in less than 72hrs, if it becomes too urgent that need money to execute a project or save a life? for example the lazy man's way of thinking goes this way.To buy a stock today selling at N10 and lets saywithin 2weeks this same stocks jumps to N30 per share and you have invested N1000,000 or N50,000, with a little mathematics you can see you profit on paper, but can you sale these shares within 72hrs and recoup your profit?

A classical example to show that Nigeria stock market is a dead pretending to be alive is. Can you remember a company or corporate company you bought their stock in the past one year or more, which you havent received your share certificate/s?

Hence without a share certificate How can you sell your stock?
My opinion is Nigeria Stock Market is purely through and through OPM Others People's Money.

Apart from a little confusion at the writing style, my other reaction was LOL! grin tongue
Re: The Nigeria Stock Market. A Lazy Man's Way Thinking Of Becoming Rich by babaife(m): 9:06pm On Apr 12, 2008
I shouldn't be contributing to stuff like this, but maybe to enlighten the other innocent persons. Investment simply is ploughing back "un needed" financial and other resources to generate additional income for you. If you have other use for your fund, investment in shares or the stock market is not a CRIME. also, if your feasibility study shows/tells you that investing in "noodles, candles" etc are better option to the stocks, good luck. Afterall we all invest to achieve an higher RETURN, even the HIGHEST OBTAINABLE RETURNS
Re: The Nigeria Stock Market. A Lazy Man's Way Thinking Of Becoming Rich by edwardaigb: 12:25am On Apr 13, 2008
babaife:

I shouldn't be contributing to stuff like this, but maybe to enlighten the other innocent persons. Investment simply is ploughing back "un needed" financial and other resources to generate additional income for you. If you have other use for your fund, investment in shares or the stock market is not a CRIME. also, if your feasibility study shows/tells you that investing in "noodles, candles" etc are better option to the stocks, good luck. Afterall we all invest to achieve an higher RETURN, even the HIGHEST OBTAINABLE RETURNS

supported
Re: The Nigeria Stock Market. A Lazy Man's Way Thinking Of Becoming Rich by Octupus(f): 7:45am On Apr 13, 2008
@easimoni,
I join u in the much laughter.

@8oracle,
Try re-expressing your self because your first submission is junk to me! Let us know clearly, what your point is?
Re: The Nigeria Stock Market. A Lazy Man's Way Thinking Of Becoming Rich by Pennywise(m): 10:30am On Apr 13, 2008
@publicview
Let the stock investor wait for one year or thereabout dreaming,maybe before then the market will crash, reducing the invested stock to nots

Honestly, I had the same fears about the NSE considering our well known fraud-prone nature combined with weak regulation/enforcement practices. But no stock market crashes and remains down, inevitably they go back up. Infact when you consider the speed that many of these MLM, pyramid schemes recover each time they go bust in Nigeria, it gives one confidence that the NSE will do better than the big exchanges of the world in the event of a major set back. So this is not a reason not to invest.
Re: The Nigeria Stock Market. A Lazy Man's Way Thinking Of Becoming Rich by hahaha2(m): 4:01pm On Apr 13, 2008
Na wah Oh. shocked shocked
Din no people like this still exist in this millinieum.

This guy shud be Ban. cheesy grin cheesy
Re: The Nigeria Stock Market. A Lazy Man's Way Thinking Of Becoming Rich by Dodnextris: 9:20pm On Apr 13, 2008
Off course in life there are always issues, challenges and hurdles to overcome, but you must still be positive for the future regardless of today's situation. Self esteem starts from the inside to bring or speak positive in the future. A word should be enough for the wise, i hope you get my gist Mr man.

(1) (Reply)

/ Earn Amazing Income Of $30 Daily. Friends Stop Being Scammed! / Which Bank Is The Best For Fixed Deposit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.