Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,485 members, 7,826,835 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Ikechukwu Uche Will Start For Nigeria On Tuesday - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ikechukwu Uche Will Start For Nigeria On Tuesday (783 Views)

Emmanuel Emenike Vs Ikechukwu Uche: Who Should Start For Nigeria ? / Keshi Resumes; Recalls Ikechukwu Uche For Remaining AFCON Qualifiers / Ikechukwu Uche Rubbishes Keshi Claim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ikechukwu Uche Will Start For Nigeria On Tuesday by Nobody: 9:17am On Jan 29, 2013
The 'Garri Master'(Ikechukwu Uche) will start for Nigeria on Tuesday as Nigeria goes for broke against Ethiopia.
Nigeria are tied on two points apiece with Zambia, while Burkina Faso are the surprise leaders on four points so it’s a must win game for Nigeria. Mathematically Ethiopia are not totally out despite their one point.

Meaning?

They too have to win and their coach has made it clear that they will try.

A coach told supersport.com that “Uche will start on Tuesday because we need as many goals as possible. Our goal is to top our group through goals scored.”

“The Garri Master” as he is fondly known plays for Villarreal and was Nigeria’s leading scorer in the qualifying series for this tournament with three goals. The term 'to drink garri' in Nigerian football means to beat someone badly with flair, and Uche is known for this..

The million naira question now is what happens to on-form Emmanuel Emenike, who has justified his inclusion with Nigeria’s two goals thus far in the competition. Dare Keshi play them together?

Nigeria also needs to douse out marksman Saladin Said who just coined a deal with Belgian side Lierse and will be out to prove to be a nuisance just as he was in their last encounter.

http://www.supersport.com/football/africa-cup-of-nations/news/130129/The_Garri_Master_to_start_for_Nigeria

Re: Ikechukwu Uche Will Start For Nigeria On Tuesday by eriegua83: 10:16am On Jan 29, 2013
Hope keshi knows what he is doing
Re: Ikechukwu Uche Will Start For Nigeria On Tuesday by omicron(m): 10:40am On Jan 29, 2013
I believe in Uche though, but I know if anything should go wrong, Keshi will be blamed for leaving out Emenike who has scored 2 goals in 2 appearances and appears to be in form
Re: Ikechukwu Uche Will Start For Nigeria On Tuesday by Nobody: 11:40am On Jan 29, 2013
i dont have any issues with Keshi pairing Emenike and Uche cos Emenike is in form and Uche has dat luck of scoring goals when playing for the super eagles. What i dont understand is why he's keeping Ejike Uzoenyi on the bench! undecided The guy is good and i'm sure he can be our Emmanuel Amunike of AFCON 2013
Re: Ikechukwu Uche Will Start For Nigeria On Tuesday by obi4eze(m): 11:53am On Jan 29, 2013
wise_many2k: i dont have any issues with Keshi pairing Emenike and Uche cos Emenike is in form and Uche has dat luck of scoring goals when playing for the super eagles. What i dont understand is why he's keeping Ejike Uzoenyi on the bench! undecided The guy is good and i'm sure he can be our Emmanuel Amunike of AFCON 2013

Ejike Uzoenyi is good, especially as a wide player. Maybe he should start ahead of Ahmed Musa. Keshi could play a 4-4-2 formation with Emenike and Uche as strikers.

(1) (Reply)

Onanzi Called T.B Joshua's Name Yesterday Again. Whats The Connection Please? / Betting Tip!! Manchester To WIN @ Odds 1.8 / Tunisia Replace Cape Verde In World Cup Qualifying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.