Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,215 members, 7,818,729 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

How Lucrative Is Taxi Driving Business? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Lucrative Is Taxi Driving Business? (24539 Views)

How Is Taxi Business In Abuja? / Top 19 Lucrative Business You Can Start In Nigeria With Less Money / How Lucrative Is Palm Oil Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Lucrative Is Taxi Driving Business? by ojjp: 9:51am On Jan 29, 2013
He needs a daily income flow business and someone has suggested a transport busines to him with taxi. Pls does any one know details of how this business is bein run? Whether town services, town-rural or campus route, which one and how can one make some money doing it pls?

1 Like

Re: How Lucrative Is Taxi Driving Business? by Mcleo007(m): 10:56am On Jan 29, 2013
Transport business is about the most dicey line of trade out there. The intrigues are very high and slippery at extremes. The best bet for the op is be the one to tend to the biz in and out. You be the driver!
Re: How Lucrative Is Taxi Driving Business? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jan 29, 2013
very lucrative. most graduates have taken to it

1 Like

Re: How Lucrative Is Taxi Driving Business? by gtnapes: 1:29pm On Jan 29, 2013
Woman Burns Girl's Thighs With Hot Iron

A 39-year old Nigerian woman has burnt a girl’s thighs with hot iron after accusing her of stealing her N1,000 at Oshodi area of Lagos State.

The woman, Mrs. Kudirat Isekolowo, who lives at Igbehinadun area of Oshodi, said she did not know what came over her when she carried out the act.

The mother of three was arrested by officials of the Lagos State Women Affairs and Poverty Alleviation, WAPA, and Esther Child Right Foundation and brought to the Lagos State Government Secretariat, Alausa, Ikeja.

Traders were close to tears at Oshodi Market where the woman sells clothes, when they sawhow the thighs of the 15-year old girl (name withheld) was seriously burnt, leaving permanent deep scars on her body.

The little girl was sent by her parents, who live at Agege area of Lagos, to live with Isekolowo and serve as apprentice in her clothing shop. She started living with her in November 2012.

At the WAPA Ministry, Alausa, there was anger when government officials saw the deep wounds on the girl’s body, while they described the woman as extremely wicked and needed to be punished severely.

Apart from the deep wounds on her thighs, there are also wounds all over her body, occasioned by constant beating and maltreatment.

According to the girl, Kudirat accused her of stealing her N1,000 last week, but she denied stealing the money.

She said the woman plugged a pressing iron and made sure it was very hot and pressed it on her two thighs and one of her hands, leaving deep wounds on her body.

“I am not the one who stole the N1,000. She said I took it and I denied it. She plugged iron and pressed it on my two thighs. My parents live in Agege, they asked me to live with her and learn how to sell clothes as they don’t have money,” she explained.

On why there were other wounds all over her body, she said Kudirat usually beat her with wire. Kudirat admitted carrying out the act, saying that the girl stole her N1,000.

“She stole my N1,000 last week and I don’t know what came over me. I know what I did is bad. I don’t know what happened to me when I did it,” she said.

Kudirat wept when she knew that she could go to jail for her wicked act. Even her close friends who came with her felt very bad when they saw the degree of damage to the girl’s thighs.

Executive Director, Esther Child Right Foundation, Mrs Esther Ogwu said she got a call from the founder of Compassionate Women Initiative, Mrs. Mary Olasupo, about a woman who burnt the thighs of a little girl with hot iron.

“We moved in immediately with the WAPA officials and arrested her and brought her to Alausa. At Oshodi market where we arrested her, traders were screaming when they saw the wound in the girl’s body,” she explained.

Esther said it is now left for the state government to prosecute her in accordance with the child right’s law to serve as a deterrent to others.

According to Mary, the founder, Compassionate Women Initiative, “a woman called me some days ago to intimate me about the incident. She told me that a woman had an apprentice, whom she accused of stealing her N1,000 and then used hot iron to burn her two thighs. That was when I called Esther Child Right Foundation for help and they came.
Officials of the state government have vowed that the woman would be prosecuted and be made to pay for her callous act.
http://www.clicknaija.com/woman-burns-girls-thighs-with-hot-iron-for-stealing-n1000/
Re: How Lucrative Is Taxi Driving Business? by jude33084(m): 1:29pm On Jan 29, 2013
Very lucrative Only If you can avoid beer parlor and pepe soup joint undecided

2 Likes

Re: How Lucrative Is Taxi Driving Business? by gen2briz(m): 1:29pm On Jan 29, 2013
Taxi business abi. ....wait make I go ask nearby branch of NURTW
Re: How Lucrative Is Taxi Driving Business? by Justicemy: 1:32pm On Jan 29, 2013
ojjp: He needs a daily income flow business and someone has suggested a transport busines to him with taxi. Pls does any one know details of how this business is bein run? Whether town services, town-rural or campus route, which one and how can one make some money doing it pls?
why are u askin ? Or do u have any intentn of goin into d business ?

1 Like

Re: How Lucrative Is Taxi Driving Business? by emmasmiles(m): 1:33pm On Jan 29, 2013
Its a nice business if only u ll be the driver.... To get a trust worthy person shai na war... To me I prefer it runin the town den u'll make more money
Re: How Lucrative Is Taxi Driving Business? by mitchyy(f): 1:42pm On Jan 29, 2013
Great business if you can get a driver you trust or even be the driver yourself.

Is this beef or what? Man Utd Fan caught on camera peeing at Mario Balotelli's Bentley

http://gistville.com/2013/01/beef-manchester-utd-fan-caught-peeing-at-mario-balotellis-bentley/
Re: How Lucrative Is Taxi Driving Business? by alphaconde(m): 1:44pm On Jan 29, 2013
Have u asked timaya?
Re: How Lucrative Is Taxi Driving Business? by kumbalo(m): 1:50pm On Jan 29, 2013
It's lucrative especially in cities like Lagos and Port harcout. If you do this business in Lagos, Don't forget to always brace yourself for a duel with the driver in the evening cos' he could come telling you LASTMA this, VIO that. Otherwise, you could get frustrated enough to want to pull out.
Re: How Lucrative Is Taxi Driving Business? by buJu234: 2:03pm On Jan 29, 2013
first question: WHERE ARE U BASED? if its Lagos gud

so if u re based in lagos; i think getting a bus and staying in d flow of traffic will b best for u.

Just imagine u re @ Oshodi; Egbeda; Mile 2; Iyana-Iba etc as early as 5-6am; u will get a full load to the Island

Then later; during closing time; u re @ Ajose round about; Eko-Hotel; CMS; Obalende etc... u will still a full load back to the main land.

depending on the type of bus; @ least u will get 200 naira per person.

as for me transportation is a gud business if u re d driver. but buying a bus or Taxi to someone to balance u....

dat one dey get wahala most times ooo
Re: How Lucrative Is Taxi Driving Business? by maclatunji: 2:13pm On Jan 29, 2013
Try Keke Marwa (Tricycle), put the driver on hire purchase agreement. He will motivated to meet targets whilst you can buy another one before his tenure lapses.
Re: How Lucrative Is Taxi Driving Business? by bestman09(m): 2:15pm On Jan 29, 2013
Taxi Business is nt ana easy thing to do. Very Stressfull and complicated business. If u give ur cab to a driver, U are in trouble as he has to settle his personal issues before he makes any return to you and he may use the cab very rough to satisfy his greed and if u decide to drive urself, more trouble from nurtw,vio,frsc,police,lastma,touts, etc. You also wake up by 5am and close by 10pm, yet u may not be able to take care of ur family and maintainfing the cab due to too much levies,finest etc. I used my car as a taxi for more than a year and paying of school fees was a problem!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Lucrative Is Taxi Driving Business? by onatisi(m): 2:19pm On Jan 29, 2013
i was once a taxi driver for someone and later with my own car.the first thing or issue to consider is the type of car the person intends to use .pls note not all cars are good for traansport business.then secondly maintenace of the car ,thirdly who will be driving the car ,fourthly the route lastly the issue of nurtw and police

2 Likes

Re: How Lucrative Is Taxi Driving Business? by onatisi(m): 2:22pm On Jan 29, 2013
bestman09: Taxi Business is nt ana easy thing to do. Very Stressfull and complicated business. If u give ur cab to a driver, U are in trouble as he has to settle his personal issues before he makes any return to you and he may use the cab very rough to satisfy his greed and if u decide to drive urself, more trouble from nurtw,vio,frsc,police,lastma,touts, etc. You also wake up by 5am and close by 10pm, yet u may not be able to take care of ur family and maintainfing the cab due to too much levies,finest etc. I used my car as a taxi for more than a year and paying of school fees was a problem!
you are more than correct my brother,i was driving mine is ibadan shuttling btw mokola and challenge from 7am till 10am and yet nothing to show for it all proceeds was going into car maintenance and garrage boys .but lets not discourage those or anybody that wants to do it .luck differs

2 Likes

Re: How Lucrative Is Taxi Driving Business? by camary(m): 2:24pm On Jan 29, 2013
i tink its a very lucrative bizness bt u hv to consider the following

1. You should be the driver because hiring someone ll put you in debt and finally battered the ride
2. Get a fuel efficient brand of vehicle
3. Apply a route with large frequency of passengers
4. Apply a route with less traffic
5. Avoid Police wahala because they can rip you off your daily income if found culpable

I am telling you this because my younger brother tried it bt the drivers he used ruined the bizness bt he made some cool money with less stress when he did it himself.
There re many unemployed graduates who re into such bizness.
Wish u best of luck

3 Likes

Re: How Lucrative Is Taxi Driving Business? by ochukoccna: 2:28pm On Jan 29, 2013
@ op,
@ camary has said it all
If you have a good clean ride, maintain it regularly and have good contacts, look out for pick and drop driving jobs
Re: How Lucrative Is Taxi Driving Business? by Orikinla(m): 2:33pm On Jan 29, 2013
Taxi cab business is one of the most lucrative private businesses in Nigeria if you do your feasibility without trying to get rich quick by sharp practices.

Do you know that with only N250, 000, you can get a brand new car from the private taxi scheme of a bank and start your taxi cab business?
You have to make daily returns of N4, 000 to the bank until you have paid up the cost of the car and then it would be yours permanently.

You can make up N10, 000 daily from one taxi cab.
But you must know the most profitable routes in Lagos.
There are locations you will make N10, 000 daily from one cab without even moving out of the location.
There are areas begging for taxi cabs in Lagos, but most taxi cab drivers are ignorant of these places and concentrate on overcrowded areas like Surulere, Ikoyi, Obalende and Victoria Island.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Lucrative Is Taxi Driving Business? by camary(m): 2:42pm On Jan 29, 2013
Orikinla: Taxt business is one of the most lucrative private businesses in Nigeria if you do your feasibility without trying to get rich quick by sharp practices.

Do you know that with only N250, 000, you can get a brand new car from the private taxi scheme of a bank and start your taxi cab business. You have to make daily returns of N4, 000 to the bank until you have paid up the cost of the car and then it would be yours permanently.

The bolded is on the high side for daily returns. The owner needs periodic fueling, maintenance and other sundry expenses and also take home pay. Repayment plan of loans should be made for easy remittance by the borrower and not the other way round.

3 Likes

Re: How Lucrative Is Taxi Driving Business? by RichDad1(m): 2:55pm On Jan 29, 2013
camary:

The bolded is on the high side for daily returns. The owner needs periodic fueling, maintenance and other sundry expenses and also take home pay. Repayment plan of loans should be made for easy remittance by the borrower and not the other way round.
you think so? metro cab is around 7,000/day.In my office it was 14,000/day when we first started but later slashed to 11,000 and subsequently 7500 before we folded up cry cry cry cry cry cry due to bad management.
Taxi business is very lucrative,liquid and profitable business if you know your onions. cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: How Lucrative Is Taxi Driving Business? by ozolity(m): 3:08pm On Jan 29, 2013
Taxi business is very lucrative if u re d driver. Just get a fuel efficient car and study d environment. U will make it.

2 Likes

Re: How Lucrative Is Taxi Driving Business? by Kx: 3:09pm On Jan 29, 2013
onatisi: the first thing or issue to consider is the type of car
Such as?
Re: How Lucrative Is Taxi Driving Business? by onatisi(m): 3:16pm On Jan 29, 2013
Kx:
Such as?
for one never try to use an automtic gear system car for transport biz.
secondly make use of cars with manual carburetors .i used nissan primeria auto gear ,electronic carburator and i regretted it

2 Likes

Re: How Lucrative Is Taxi Driving Business? by ossaisly(m): 6:07pm On Jan 29, 2013
am loving this thread coz its gonna really help me.

1 Like

Re: How Lucrative Is Taxi Driving Business? by dapo338(m): 6:29pm On Jan 29, 2013
Sum people has said it all.
If u want to go into that business, be the driver and make sure u get a very gud car, not a car that will develop faults every now and then, u will never make it bro but with a gud tokunbo car, u will smile at last.
Re: How Lucrative Is Taxi Driving Business? by aduhube: 6:38pm On Jan 29, 2013
Those knowledgeable in car brands should kindly help by making a list of good cars for the taxi business.

I would also like to know if getting a bus would be more economical than getting a taxi

1 Like

Re: How Lucrative Is Taxi Driving Business? by CLEANSLATE: 9:13pm On Jan 29, 2013
Pls i am interested in this bus tranport biz and wants to do it myself in lagos.how much can i make per day?and what are the possible hinderances to succeding in it .pls response
Re: How Lucrative Is Taxi Driving Business? by ibro360(m): 9:31pm On Jan 29, 2013
onatisi:
for one never try to use an automtic gear system car for transport biz.
secondly make use of cars with manual carburetors .i used nissan primeria auto gear ,electronic carburator and i regretted it
u did nt maintain d car welll u chop d moni alone
Re: How Lucrative Is Taxi Driving Business? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jan 29, 2013
If you must do motor business, go for a bus.
Re: How Lucrative Is Taxi Driving Business? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jan 29, 2013
ocman: very lucrative. most graduates have taken to it

Most lucrative with a bus. God punish poverty.
Re: How Lucrative Is Taxi Driving Business? by BluStreak(m): 9:59pm On Jan 29, 2013
I want to buy buses for hire-purchase. Desired route is Onitsha - Lagos or Abuja - Lagos. Payment is x2, that is if I buy d bus for 1million, prospective user will pay 2million. Duration is 12months after which the vehicle automatically becomes the driver's own. Bus type: Toyota Sienna 2000/2001 model.

Any advice in regards to this project will be welcomed. Also interested people can PM me.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Replaces Saudi Arabia As Top Crude Oil Supplier To India / Can Date Of Birth Be Changed,after Opening A Bank Account?? / OLX Shuts Down Office In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.