Stats: 3,154,248 members, 7,822,279 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

NBC Denies Banning Any Nigerian Musical Video(s) - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / NBC Denies Banning Any Nigerian Musical Video(s) (607 Views)

New List Of Songs Banned By NBC - Includes Olamide's Shakitibobo / Gidimp3.com Search Any Nigerian Music And Download To Your Devices / Star Quest: Nigerian Musical Talent Hunt Show (2) (3) (4)

NBC Denies Banning Any Nigerian Musical Video(s) by Nobody: 10:34am On Jan 29, 2013
Just recently, I borught you guys a report by Vanguard that NBC banned certain musical videos, but in this recent report, NBC denies banning any Nigerian musical videos. Read her words below....but I am not happy anyway because I thought they banned Timaya shake ya bum bum and co angry

If reports by the Vanguard.com are anything to go by, the widespread story of bans on musical videos on social media is but a rumor.

The Nigerian Broadcast Commission, NBC, and National Films and Video Censors Board, NFVCB, on Monday denied banning the broadcast of some musical videos by Nigerian artistes.

Mrs Maimuna Jimada, the Acting Public Relations Officer of the Commission, disclosed in Abuja that the commission was not aware of the ban.

According to her, NBC was not in charge of banning musical videos. “NBC has not banned any videos as we are not in-charge of placing a ban on music videos.”

Some newspapers had reported that the commission had banned some new musical videos from being broadcast in the country for containing offensive materials.

The report named some of the affected artistes as P-square, Wande Coal, Timaya, Flavour, D’prince, Goldie, Chuddy K and Tillaman.

Jimada said NBC was solely responsible for ensuring that musical videos and audios made for public consumption were safe.

“ If a music video or audio has content that is not suitable for broadcast, we tag these videos and audio as ‘not to be put on air. Also we inform stations across the country not to broadcast them,” she said.

She said that if a video was tagged as not to be aired, its producers could still reproduce them with better content for broadcast.

Also reacting on the matter, Mr Yunusa Tanko, the Deputy Director and Head of Corporate affairs, National Films and Video Censors Board, said the board was unaware of such ban.

He said although the board was in-charge of censoring the content of musical video, artistes failed to bring their works to the board for proper check before broadcast.

He explained that since the videos were produced for broadcast, it was also the duty of NBC to monitor their contents.

“The board has collaboration with NBC and the Nigerian Copyright Commission (NCC) in matters of copyright, piracy and censorship.

“Most times, these issues could fall under any of our jurisdiction because our functions overlap. NBC has the mandate to regulate content and music videos are supposed to be classified.

“Though piracy is supposed to be handled by the copyright commission, the censors’ board works to ensure that all content that passes through the board are classified,” he explained. (NAN)

Culled from Ng Blog

Re: NBC Denies Banning Any Nigerian Musical Video(s) by eriegua83: 10:43am On Jan 29, 2013
Pls post only confirmed stories next time
Re: NBC Denies Banning Any Nigerian Musical Video(s) by Nobody: 11:42am On Jan 29, 2013
eriegua83: Pls post only confirmed stories next time
A story from vanguard ought to be confirmed I guess, and it was all over Naija sites and media houses...but now their spokesperson is coming out to say they didn't ban any video...so it wouldn't be bad for me to also re-announce the denial...but personally, I had been campaigning for the ban of certain musical videos and movies in Nigeria because they are definitely contributing to the moral deterioration of our today Nigerian youths...thats the truth, and our censorship body and all concerned agencies ought to do something about it.

They should make it stricter by ensuring any video or movie passes through them before being released to the public.
Re: NBC Denies Banning Any Nigerian Musical Video(s) by Mynd44: 2:26pm On Jan 29, 2013
Great. After that one made front page you come with this. What will I do with Daily News sef?tonguetonguetongue
Re: NBC Denies Banning Any Nigerian Musical Video(s) by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jan 29, 2013
Mynd_44: Great. After that one made front page you come with this. What will I do with Daily News sef?tonguetonguetongue

This should also make front page so as to refute the previous claim. cheesy
Re: NBC Denies Banning Any Nigerian Musical Video(s) by Mynd44: 3:58pm On Jan 29, 2013
[quote author=teeo]

This should also make front page so as to refute the previous claim. cheesy[/quote
**whistling**
Re: NBC Denies Banning Any Nigerian Musical Video(s) by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jan 29, 2013
Mynd_44: whistling

whiste away... OYO

Watch Out - EXALT HIM Musical Concert At Ibadan / HOTTT!!: Http://nohypefx..com/2013/07/video-reveiw-dr-sid-love-mine.html / New Wizkid Music- Outro(love Music)