Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,521 members, 7,823,251 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

CAR FUEL CONSUMPTION CALCULATION, Check It Out! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / CAR FUEL CONSUMPTION CALCULATION, Check It Out! (4499 Views)

Photos: How To Calculate Fuel Consumption / Little Known Car Fuel Wasters And Fuel Saving Tips / The Fuel Consumption Thread - How Thirsty Is Your Car? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CAR FUEL CONSUMPTION CALCULATION, Check It Out! by KENNSAMMY(m): 9:31pm On Jan 29, 2013
Measuring Fuel Consumption

To allow consumers to compare one vehicle's fuel consumption againstanother, vehicle manufacturers are required by law to provide fuel consumption figures for the vehicles they produce. These figures are included on labels fitted to all new cars, in vehicle sales brochures andalso on the Green Vehicle Guide web site.
Manufacturer supplied fuel figures are determined using a standard laboratory test that is designed to exclude the myriad of variables that a vehicle is subjected to in everyday driving. These variables include road, traffic and weather conditions, driving style and vehicle speed, load and condition. The figures produced cannot therefore be used as an indication of the fuel consumption a vehicle might achieve under actual operating conditions. Nor can they be compared to figures produced by on-road testing or on-board trip computers.
For most motorists, the only readily available fuel consumption test method involves actual on-road driving and calculation of fuel consumption based on the distance travelled and the volume of fuel used. Providing care is taken, this method offers a reasonably accuratemeans of determining actual fuel usage for a particular trip. However, in addition to the vehicle and road related variables already mentioned, the accuracy of service station pumps and the vehicle's odometer, the consistency of fills and even the ambient temperature and temperature of the fuel during filling can influence the final result produced by this method.

The following formula is used to calculate fuel consumption in litres / 100kms, the most commonly used measure of fuel consumption.
Example a car uses 65 litres to travel 500km
(65 X 100) / 500 = 13
(Litres used X 100) / km travelled = Litres per 100km.
It's important to note when comparing on-road fuel consumption figures that differences in road, weather and vehicle conditions can alter fuel consumption figures considerably, even for an apparently similar trip.

how many litres does your 2.2camry combust -say per every 100km? pls!grincheesy

On-board Trip Computers
Many vehicles are fitted with a trip computer that provides an average fuel consumption function. The fuel consumption figure produced by an on-board trip computer is calculated from the distance travelled and the theoretical amount of fuel consumed by the engine (often based on the number and duration of fuel injection pulses). In theory, these consumption figures should be reasonably accurate, though in practice there are sometimes differences between these and the figures derived from on-road testing. This may be the result of variations in service station pump readings, odometer readings and filling errors mentioned above, or in the process used to calculate the trip computer figure. In view of this, these figures should be regarded as a reasonably close guide rather than a firm consumption figure.
[/color][color=#006600]
Re: CAR FUEL CONSUMPTION CALCULATION, Check It Out! by KENNSAMMY(m): 9:33pm On Jan 29, 2013
discussion pls
Re: CAR FUEL CONSUMPTION CALCULATION, Check It Out! by KENNSAMMY(m): 7:00am On Jan 30, 2013
whats your opinion...how many litres does your car engine engul /rev. and wat amount of fuel does it combust per 100KM?
Re: CAR FUEL CONSUMPTION CALCULATION, Check It Out! by KENNSAMMY(m): 6:56pm On Feb 09, 2013
nawa o! does it mean my people are so rich that they don't evenfucking care how much fuel their cars consume?
gringrin
Re: CAR FUEL CONSUMPTION CALCULATION, Check It Out! by RoyalRoy(m): 7:53pm On Feb 09, 2013
KENNSAMMY: nawa o! does it mean my people are so rich that they don't evenfucking care how much fuel their cars consume?
gringrin
Lollllzzz
I guess people didn't really understand most of the stuff u wrote up there!!
By the way....my own style of measurement include....using my fuel to the just the point where it begins to blink the yellow light for reserve....I then buy a fuel of maybe half-tank....of course I already know the capacity of my full tank.....then....I get to check my mileage before going on a trip.
I use my fuel with my A.C on through out....and when my fuel balances at exactly quarter of a tank....I check my odometer for mileage reading!!
From that I can calculate how much fuel per litre I use for a mile & then for kilometres!!!!!
Re: CAR FUEL CONSUMPTION CALCULATION, Check It Out! by Nobody: 8:02pm On Feb 09, 2013

1 Like

Re: CAR FUEL CONSUMPTION CALCULATION, Check It Out! by KENNSAMMY(m): 12:01am On Feb 10, 2013
[quote author=Royal Roy]
Lollllzzz
I guess people didn't really understand most of the stuff u wrote up there!!
By the way....my own style of measurement include....using my fuel to the just the point where it begins to blink the yellow light for reserve....I then buy a fuel of maybe half-tank....of course I already know the capacity of my full tank.....then....I get to check my mileage before going on a trip.
I use my fuel with my A.C on through out....and when my fuel balances at exactly qua
welcome jare!
but whts your car,s average conbustion based on the said calculation technic and whichtype exactly is that?
Re: CAR FUEL CONSUMPTION CALCULATION, Check It Out! by KENNSAMMY(m): 9:59am On Oct 23, 2014
About the best performance roof you prolly knw nothing about. Need this or more? Contacts :bestroofer@live.com, 08069726120

Re: CAR FUEL CONSUMPTION CALCULATION, Check It Out! by chosen124: 5:48pm On Oct 23, 2014
i use 1k fuel from my place at ikotun to my office in the highland to and fro every day is my fc high or normal
my car is Honda odyssey 1995
Re: CAR FUEL CONSUMPTION CALCULATION, Check It Out! by mikkyphp(m): 11:34am On Oct 24, 2014
^^^very OK fuel consumption

(1) (Reply)

Hyundai Elantra 2012 Or 2011 Camry? / The Coolest Car Ever / Please Help A Brother Select: Volvo V40 And Golf 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.