Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,786 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:26 PM

I Handled A Blackberry Z10 And It Was Sweeet!!! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Handled A Blackberry Z10 And It Was Sweeet!!! (3413 Views)

Different Between Porsche Design P’9982, Z10, And Z30 / MTN To Deliver BlackBerry Z10 To Subscribers / How Much Is A Blackberry Bold 2 At Slot Presently? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Handled A Blackberry Z10 And It Was Sweeet!!! by LordReed(m): 10:49am On Jan 31, 2013
Yesterday the a staff of RIM Nigeria called at my house and was with his Blackberry Z10 device so I had the opportunity to have a hands-on pre-launch feel of the Z10 and I must say the device was sweeeet!

First off, the looks: it looks on first glance like a Galaxy S2 but with a 355ppi screen the difference is almost immediately sensed as the screen is so crystal clear its amazing. RIM decided to do away with face buttons so there is only the screen to see on the front, on the leftside were two ports, a mini HDMI port and a mini USB port. On the rightside are the volume up and down button and a voice command key in between. Then on the top was the power button which also locks and unlocks the phone.

Using the phone was a breeze as I already knew about the gestures that are required. You swipe up to bring up the recently used programs, swipe right to go through the app icons and at the extreme left is the Hub or as you may choose to call it notifications. Swipe down to bring up quick settings. All this swiping was done with a fluidity and graphical panache that was quite pleasing. Everything happens on the device without a hint of a stutter or slowdown thanks I am sure to the 2GB RAM on the device.

I played a video the staff had made by himself on the device and it was crystal clear without single break or tear. I am sure any HD quality video on the device will look pretty amazing too. I took a look at the new Blackberry Messenger but since it was not properly set up I didn't see much. I used the in built browser and I must say they did very good work this time. Gone is that frustrating old BB browser, this new browser is more akin to using the Chrome browser on Android; its that responsive and fast.

The predictive keyboard was one of my greatest joys on using the on screen keyboard. When you are typing a word the keyboard makes suggestions based on the next likely key you would press and all you have to do is swipe up on the word you want, in fact I practically wrote a whole sentence just by swiping up on the various predictions. When I saw this feature on a video I was like they will mess this up jor but I am pleased to be disappointed as it works exactly as advertised.

All in all I have nothing but praise for the Blackberry Z10 and even though I love my hardware keyboard on my BB Torch I will be getting a Z10 and I won't miss a thing. The only place I have doubts for this phone is in the transitioning from what we are used to, to the new gesture based interface aside that I think Blackberry 10 and the Z10 device are on point!

PS: I was not allowed to take pictures as it was still pre-launch, maybe in the coming weeks I will get some.
Re: I Handled A Blackberry Z10 And It Was Sweeet!!! by Bawss1(m): 10:59am On Jan 31, 2013
Lord_Reed: Yesterday the a staff of RIM Nigeria called at my house and was with his Blackberry Z10 device so I had the opportunity to have a hands-on pre-launch feel of the Z10 and I must say the device was sweeeet!

Some people sure have fun jobs.
Re: I Handled A Blackberry Z10 And It Was Sweeet!!! by LordReed(m): 11:14am On Jan 31, 2013
Bawss1:

Some people sure have fun jobs.

You can say that again!
Re: I Handled A Blackberry Z10 And It Was Sweeet!!! by 2kurupt(m): 11:40am On Jan 31, 2013
From gsmarena reviews & YouTube videos I can confidently say we now have a four horse race i.e android, ios, windows phone & blackberry 10.
More competition; the better for consumers.
Re: I Handled A Blackberry Z10 And It Was Sweeet!!! by LordReed(m): 11:51am On Jan 31, 2013
2kurupt: From gsmarena reviews & YouTube videos I can confidently say we now have a four horse race i.e android, ios, windows phone & blackberry 10.
More competition; the better for consumers.

I concur!
Re: I Handled A Blackberry Z10 And It Was Sweeet!!! by iamnigeria: 12:11pm On Jan 31, 2013
Re: I Handled A Blackberry Z10 And It Was Sweeet!!! by puppy2k(m): 12:36pm On Jan 31, 2013
hehehe.BLACK BERRY OR BLUEBERRY WHATEVER 10 OR 111 IS ALL WHACK ..I THROWN AWAY THOSE BB NONSENSE TO THE THRASH BIN...ANDROID samsung GS3 ALL THE WAY ...NO COMPARISON
Re: I Handled A Blackberry Z10 And It Was Sweeet!!! by asala1: 3:44pm On Jan 31, 2013
puppy2k: hehehe.BLACK BERRY OR BLUEBERRY WHATEVER 10 OR 111 IS ALL WHACK ..I THROWN AWAY THOSE BB NONSENSE TO THE THRASH BIN...ANDROID samsung GS3 ALL THE WAY ...NO COMPARISON
This same GS3 that the battery don't stay long even without using. Its a bad experience for me.

1 Like

Re: I Handled A Blackberry Z10 And It Was Sweeet!!! by LordReed(m): 9:26pm On Feb 02, 2013
Two pictures...

Re: I Handled A Blackberry Z10 And It Was Sweeet!!! by samir101ng(m): 2:30am On Feb 03, 2013
@ Lord Redd,

Since you have a line of communication to staff of BBRY here in Nigeria, mind passing along a request as to when the Z10 will go on sale in Nigeria. As loyal blackberry fans, we will appreciate any feedback we can get on a timetable. Thanks
Re: I Handled A Blackberry Z10 And It Was Sweeet!!! by LordReed(m): 8:56am On Feb 03, 2013
samir101ng: @ Lord Redd,

Since you have a line of communication to staff of BBRY here in Nigeria, mind passing along a request as to when the Z10 will go on sale in Nigeria. As loyal blackberry fans, we will appreciate any feedback we can get on a timetable. Thanks

Will do. Last time we spoke he couldn't be definite as the big boys were over in SA discussing things to come. Maybe by the end of this week we can get more concrete information.
Re: I Handled A Blackberry Z10 And It Was Sweeet!!! by ginoherbert: 11:44am On May 31, 2013
Yes really cool phone. I have ordered mine.

(1) (Reply)

Black Apple Iphone 5 For Sale / Side Fingerprint Sensor: Another Innovation From Tecno Mobile / Sold sold...Used Lg V30 4gb Ram/ 64gb Rom @ #50,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.