Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

Gates Praises South Africa's Black Billionaire, Motsepe Move - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Gates Praises South Africa's Black Billionaire, Motsepe Move (901 Views)

Billionaire Wife Shade Okoya Dazzles In New Photos / Ashish Thakkar – Africa’s Youngest Billionaire / Interesting Facts About Bill Gates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gates Praises South Africa's Black Billionaire, Motsepe Move by sweetcheecks(f): 10:56am On Jan 31, 2013
Microsoft founder Bill Gates on Wednesday hailed Patrice Motsepe’s decision to give half of the funds generated by his family's holdings to the poor, as a milestone.

Motsepe is the first person outside of the Unites States to join the 'Giving Pledge', an initiative started by Warren Buffet and Gates, which encourages the super-wealthy to donate at least half of their money to charity.

The African Rainbow Minerals chairperson announced the funds will be channeled through the Motsepe foundation. The money will be channeled to various issues affecting the poor including health, education, unemployment and the upliftment of women. Gates has wished the South African billionaire well. "It was a wonderful thing to hear how the Motsepe’s really, as part of their moral conviction as a family, believe in giving back.

I want to congratulate them." Meanwhile, Motsepe said the most effective way to deal with joblessness and poverty is to create a business environment that is globally competitive and attractive to the private sector. "We don’t want Africa to forever be a continent of charity and a continent of donations. We want Africa to be self-sustaining."

The businessman said the donation will contribute towards making South Africa a better place. "People in my position have a huge responsibility to South Africans who are less fortunate." Motsepe will consult with church and traditional leaders, as well as various charities, to decide where the money goes.

http://business.iafrica.com/news/839985.html

Bravo brother, you have discovered the spiritual law of economics, " the more you give, the more you get". It's been a secret among the wealthy nations and never touched by black folk. Now go multiply dear brother! Halala!!!
Re: Gates Praises South Africa's Black Billionaire, Motsepe Move by sweetcheecks(f): 11:00am On Jan 31, 2013
Front page please Mods. This is a milestone and can encourage other Africans to give and invest in their communities.
Re: Gates Praises South Africa's Black Billionaire, Motsepe Move by sweetcheecks(f): 3:10pm On Jan 31, 2013
I do not understand why such a great inspiirational act would not get to front page? Or is it becouse its a South African? Guys Africa needs to stop being taken care off by others we have enough money to take care of ourselves we just too greedy to share. This is a good thing to learn.

FRROOOONNNT PAAAGEE PLLLEEEAASEEE!
Re: Gates Praises South Africa's Black Billionaire, Motsepe Move by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 11:51pm On Apr 08, 2013
THO, YOU AND I HAVE OUR DISAGREEMENT, ALLOW ME TO RESPOND. ERM STOP DREAMING ABOUT THE FRONT PAGE ON THIS FORUM..THEY ONLY PUT BAD THINGS ABOUT OTHERS AFRICAN COUNTRIES TO FEEL GOOD.

NICE ARTICLE , I DIDN'T KNOW HIM.

1 Like

Re: Gates Praises South Africa's Black Billionaire, Motsepe Move by sweetcheecks(f): 12:02am On Apr 09, 2013
CAMNEWTON4PRES: THO, YOU AND I HAVE OUR DISAGREEMENT, ALLOW ME TO RESPOND. ERM STOP DREAMING ABOUT THE FRONT PAGE ON THIS FORUM..THEY ONLY PUT BAD THINGS ABOUT OTHERS AFRICAN COUNTRIES TO FEEL GOOD.

NICE ARTICLE , I DIDN'T KNOW HIM.

Very true why would not other African billionairs do the same and why would this not be shared so people can see and talk putting pressure to those greedy fat cats? Does African have to stay a charity case from white people? Pathetic.
Re: Gates Praises South Africa's Black Billionaire, Motsepe Move by Nobody: 12:11am On Apr 09, 2013
sweetcheecks:

Very true why would not other African billionairs do the same and why would this not be shared so people can see and talk putting pressure to those greedy fat cats? Does African have to stay a charity case from white people? Pathetic.
BEAR, WITH ME...THIS FORUM IS FULL OF HATE LOL.

BTW CAMNEWTO=CAMEROONPRIDE IN CASE YOU HAVEN'T FIGURED IT YET.
WHAT HE DID IS A GREAT INITIATIVE, I WISH OTHERS COULD FOLLOW BUT THAT'S OUR WORLD FULL OF STINGY PEOPLE I MEAN MANY STINGY PEOPLE AND FEW GOOD PEOPLE

(1) (Reply)

How To Multiply Your Earnings / Bulk Sms Seller: How Much Are You Making From Your Bulk Sms Biz / Distributors Needed Nationwide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.