Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,887 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

Why Do You Convert To Xtian Or Muslim? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do You Convert To Xtian Or Muslim? (471 Views)

136 Christians Convert To Islam In Kwara State / Akinwunmi Ambode / Christian Or Muslim ? / How Did You Become A Christian Or Muslim? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do You Convert To Xtian Or Muslim? by ojeniyi1: 10:54pm On Jan 31, 2013
There is no doubt that christain convertee(muslim turned christain) are far more than muslim convertee(christain turned muslim) in Nigeria, i have witnessed so many of them on campus and off campus too. People have many reasons to swap between the two religions mentioned above, from my experience, the following are the reason(s);
1. Poverty; this is perculiar in muslims changing to christain.
2. Inter-religious marriage; In this case wives always end up converting to their husbands' religion especially if the husband is a christian and vice versa.
3. Peer group; my best friend is a muslim make i follow am go mosque. My best friend is a christain make i follow am go church.
4. Spiritual problem; the truth is that many people who have converted into another religion with hope that their problem would be solved as soon as they convert are still living with such religion with false believe that the problem is under control(SUFFERING AND SMILING)
5. Prosperity and miracle; Today christainity preaches prosperity and miracle more than any other religion in human history and this super bait is wisely used by their leaders as a result of man affinity for cheap posperity.
6. Laziness/shortcut; many people are holding the believe that christainity is less stressful than Islam as they have to observe solat 5 times a day and perform all kinds of spiritual baths e.g. Janabah which is performed after sex. Whereas such purification is absolutely not important in christainity.
7. Parents with different faith; some are born into the family where the two parents believe in different faith. In this case, the children's faith is determine by (a) which of the parents do you love most?
(b) which of the parents is the financial pillar of the family?
(c)which is the most religious among them?
(c)which of them spends more time with the children? Any of them with the positive answer to above questions will certainly gain the heart of the children with respect to religion.
8. So called holy/spiritual revelation; some muslim or christian convertee always use dreams as their reason for swapping between the two.
9. Religion curiousity; people with high level of curiousity often end up accepting the religion that they are being curious about.
10. Personal conviction.
If you are convertee, honestly share with us your main reason(s) for swapping between the two religions and if you are not, share your experience with us too with respect to RELIGION CONVERSION. Also, if you have converted and you are having this kinda feeling like 'had i know i should have sticked to my faith and now itz kinda difficult to turn back' let hear from you too with a very high degree of honesty.

(1) (Reply)

The Error Of Elitism / Understanding Purpose (5) / How To Discover Your Purpose (part 1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.