Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,616 members, 7,809,260 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:56 AM

How To Transfer Shares To Next-Of-Kin? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / How To Transfer Shares To Next-Of-Kin? (8838 Views)

Got 1000 Units Of ETI Shares To Dispose,how Do I Go About It? / Help! Broker Refuses To Transfer My Stock / Oceanic Bank To Transfer 40% Shares To Ecobank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Transfer Shares To Next-Of-Kin? by nanaman(m): 5:33pm On Feb 01, 2013
How Do You Transfer Shares To Next-Of-Kin Where The Deceased Never Made A Will??

My question goes thus- my father passed away 6 years ago without making a will. We are 8 in the family,5 elderly ones are based in Uk while the others are based in Nigeria. Now,the last born is ready to start is degree and the family is short of funds so we decided to put one of his (Dad's) stocks for sale which could offset his bills from year 1 to final year. Now,how do we go about it remember the elderly ones gave a go ahead and also the shares were bought before she was born but we have two of the certificates at hand. Kindly assist.
Re: How To Transfer Shares To Next-Of-Kin? by hajeeworld: 4:45pm On Feb 20, 2013
Please visit any stock broking firm or stockbroker. It is our biz and area of profession.

1 Like

Re: How To Transfer Shares To Next-Of-Kin? by i1: 5:24am On Feb 26, 2013
If the shares are still in Baba's Name, you will need to get a letter of adminstration first before the stockbroker can act on the shares.

1 Like

Re: How To Transfer Shares To Next-Of-Kin? by dljbd1(m): 8:15am On Feb 26, 2013
4th to comment...am coming up!
Re: How To Transfer Shares To Next-Of-Kin? by peterswagg(m): 8:15am On Feb 26, 2013
hmmmmmmm
Re: How To Transfer Shares To Next-Of-Kin? by ezedolar: 8:21am On Feb 26, 2013
Shares do not work again in Nigeria
Re: How To Transfer Shares To Next-Of-Kin? by BOUNTYDOG(m): 8:26am On Feb 26, 2013
In the case where a person dies without a will,the children of the deceased will get his. Death certificate with evidence of his estates,I.e landed properties,share certificates,bank accounts details
You will either get a lawyer,or do it yourself at the probate registry where all his properties will be administered and you will choose signatories before you can have control over them.I hope my english is clear enough
Re: How To Transfer Shares To Next-Of-Kin? by chillexy: 8:26am On Feb 26, 2013
You can get in touch with us for transmission/transfer of shares belonging to your deceased loved ones..Prominent Securities Ltd. 66, modupe johnson crescent surulere or call chile on 08053526505.email chileinyamah@prominentsecurities.com
Re: How To Transfer Shares To Next-Of-Kin? by pappilo(m): 8:44am On Feb 26, 2013
I smell fraud. My dad has just been scammed by fraudsters who didnt even need share certificates. All they had in their possession was a dividend slip they probably intercepted at Ikeja post office. They then found a crooked stockbroker that was willing to take partake in the fraud and the rest like they say is history.

I suspect you may have the share certificate of someone and you want to steal. Nigeria is really terrible.
Re: How To Transfer Shares To Next-Of-Kin? by MadCow1: 8:45am On Feb 26, 2013
SIMPLE: If a person is listed as the 'Next of Kin', that person automatically gets whatsoever benefits that the Principal is supposed to get in case of death. This can only be over-ridden by a Properly written, signed and witnessed Will.

2 Likes

Re: How To Transfer Shares To Next-Of-Kin? by tojj: 9:03am On Feb 26, 2013
pappilo: I smell fraud. My dad has just been scammed by fraudsters who didnt even need share certificates. All they had in their possession was a dividend slip they probably intercepted at Ikeja post office. They then found a crooked stockbroker that was willing to take partake in the fraud and the rest like they say is history.

I suspect you may have the share certificate of someone and you want to steal. Nigeria is really terrible.
am not surprise,thats your area of speacility,are u sure u are not the person who defraud the old man?

1 Like

Re: How To Transfer Shares To Next-Of-Kin? by Nobody: 11:29am On Feb 26, 2013
Mad Cow: SIMPLE: If a person is listed as the 'Next of Kin', that person automatically gets whatsoever benefits that the Principal is supposed to get in case of death. This can only be over-ridden by a Properly written, signed and witnessed Will.

In 9ja it doesn't work like that mate.I've similar case on pending,although,my case is that I bought d shares with a relative name,now deseased,I was told to bring letter of admin,news paper report and account of d deseased even though I was d next of kin,.it's long process buddy.
Re: How To Transfer Shares To Next-Of-Kin? by omogidi234(m): 12:19pm On Feb 26, 2013
@ Op
Bountydog has given you the best answer. You could go to the probate registry at the Lagos High Court or at the Ikeja High Court.You would be able to process the LA yourself. You must note that if you involve a lawyer, it could Save you some stress, time and energy but not funds. It is upon this document that the shares can now be transmitted.

Mad Cow: SIMPLE: If a person is listed as the 'Next of Kin', that person automatically gets whatsoever benefits that the Principal is supposed to get in case of death. This can only be over-ridden by a Properly written, signed and witnessed Will.

In transmission of shares and by the intentions of our laws, it is only the executors/administrators that are recognized.

[quote author=chillexy]You can get in touch with us for transmission/transfer of shares belonging to your deceased loved ones..Prominent Securities Ltd. 66, modupe johnson crescent surulere or call chile on 08053526505.email chileinyamah@prominentsecurities.com

Please are you suggesting he would walk into your office and you will transmit the shares right on?
Re: How To Transfer Shares To Next-Of-Kin? by tefund(m): 12:49pm On Feb 26, 2013
nanaman: How Do You Transfer Shares To Next-Of-Kin Where The Deceased Never Made A Will??

My question goes thus- my father passed away 6 years ago without making a will. We are 8 in the family,5 elderly ones are based in Uk while the others are based in Nigeria. Now,the last born is ready to start is degree and the family is short of funds so we decided to put one of his (Dad's) stocks for sale which could offset his bills from year 1 to final year. Now,how do we go about it remember the elderly ones gave a go ahead and also the shares were bought before she was born but we have two of the certificates at hand. Kindly assist.
it is a different ball game out here
Re: How To Transfer Shares To Next-Of-Kin? by Nickydrake(m): 12:54pm On Feb 26, 2013
Nanaman, you'd better not waste time floundering in the dark. Consult a lawyer and save yourself a load of grief.
Re: How To Transfer Shares To Next-Of-Kin? by uuspace(m): 1:50pm On Feb 26, 2013
nanaman: How Do You Transfer Shares To Next-Of-Kin Where The Deceased Never Made A Will??

Op are u really serious that your intenstions are genuine?You want to sell your birthright to pay you siblings school fees?f the shares sold is substancial enough to pay for the fees,u and the older siblings are willing to let it go?If you are willing to let it go,that means you and the other siblings are comfortable and well to do,that means you can afford the fees.

I feel something is fishy about your story,you sound like someone who stumbled on a dead man's share certificate and want to know how to ocnvert it to cash.I might be wrong.

1 Like

Re: How To Transfer Shares To Next-Of-Kin? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Feb 26, 2013
chillexy: You can get in touch with us for transmission/transfer of shares belonging to your deceased loved ones..Prominent Securities Ltd. 66, modupe johnson crescent surulere or call chile on 08053526505.email chileinyamah@prominentsecurities.com

I was just about referring d OP to ur firm cos i also use u guys as my stock brokers! In fact everyone in my house use u guys...

(1) (Reply)

Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know. / Stock Market Shareholders Lose N108billion To Forex Suspension / Dividend Stocks Vs Non-Dividend Stocks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.