Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,141 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:36 PM

Stanley Ohikhuare's 'Loop' Premieres Online - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Stanley Ohikhuare's 'Loop' Premieres Online (3566 Views)

Stephanie Linus premieres new movie, ‘Dry’ in UK (Pics) / FINALLY! 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Premieres In Nigeria Today (August 1st) / The Avengers Movie Premieres In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stanley Ohikhuare's 'Loop' Premieres Online by ijebabe: 5:52pm On Feb 01, 2013
Stanley Ohikhuare's Award Winning Short Film 'Loop' Premieres Online

No tickets, no invites, just 15 minutes of your time. Cinematographer and Director Stanlee Ohikhuare’s award winning ‘LOOP’ takes the viewer on a chilling suspense- filled ride in 15 minutes.

Synopsis
LOOP is a story about two twin sisters who scheme a deceptive plot to help one of them "Jenny" to travel out of town for an interview against the wishes of her husband. According to the plan, Julia was supposed to fill in for Jenny -- her identical twin sister until her return. However, things take a drastic turn when Tony; Jenny's sex-starved husband comes home drunk that same night, resolved not to accept a "No" when he makes sexual advancements towards his wife Jenny.

Jenny is frigid and does not enjoy sex -- a situation that has left her husband Tony sexually deprived and frustrated. Julia just happened to be at the wrong place and at the wrong time and she bears the recompense for her sister's unyielding nature.

What follows is a spasm of hallucinations, fantasy and sordid surrealism which proves deadly and leaves Jenny in a fix as she must now assume her sister's identity.

Bola Edwards gives an outstanding performance playing the ill-fated twins Jenny and Julia.

Stanlee Ohikhuare is also the director of the soon to be released flick ‘Tunnel’ which stars Femi Jacobs, WAJE, Nse Ikpe-Etim and others. He also directs the animated movie ‘Lifespan’ due for release later this year.

‘LOOP’ was nominated in 5 categories in the ‘In-Short Film festival’ in 2012, including Best Director and Best Actress. It clinched the award for Best sound.

Watch Loop here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVk3jrxOX9U

Re: Stanley Ohikhuare's 'Loop' Premieres Online by VillageBoi(m): 9:01pm On Feb 01, 2013
Really liked the story & cinematography. The OTT-by-force acting I didn't like at all.
Re: Stanley Ohikhuare's 'Loop' Premieres Online by Originalsly: 9:44pm On Feb 01, 2013
hmmm....I tried!...too slow for me! Prefer watch Une Clope...yet again!

1 Like

Re: Stanley Ohikhuare's 'Loop' Premieres Online by VillageBoi(m): 10:16pm On Feb 01, 2013
Originalsly: hmmm....I tried!...too slow for me! Prefer watch Une Clope...yet again!

Ooh, I had to click the 'like' button on your post cheesy!
Re: Stanley Ohikhuare's 'Loop' Premieres Online by pboiskinpy(m): 12:04pm On Feb 02, 2013
#dancing gangnam style on top of thread
Re: Stanley Ohikhuare's 'Loop' Premieres Online by madridsta007(m): 12:42pm On Feb 02, 2013
Why must every movie have s.ex as the main action of which the plot is built around? Smh
Re: Stanley Ohikhuare's 'Loop' Premieres Online by crackhaus: 12:42pm On Feb 02, 2013
Ok, so I just had to critic. As have always been my problem with nigerian film makers, what is up with the over-acting(facial expressions, voice intensity) as well as the excessive dialogue? Less words, more character. Let us see the character as fluid as her words, not words before going into character
Re: Stanley Ohikhuare's 'Loop' Premieres Online by crackhaus: 12:49pm On Feb 02, 2013
Actually man, sex isn't the main action in the plot(there's no sex scene). Its more like a plot hanging on trust(asking her sister to act in her stead knowing her husband is sex-starved)

madridsta007: Why must every movie have s.ex as the main action of which the plot is built around? Smh
Re: Stanley Ohikhuare's 'Loop' Premieres Online by madridsta007(m): 1:59pm On Feb 02, 2013
crackhaus: Actually man, sex isn't the main action in the plot(there's no sex scene). Its more like a plot hanging on trust(asking her sister to act in her stead knowing her husband is sex-starved)

Take away the words, 'sex-starved' and 'the sister having se.x with her sister's husband' from the film and you have robbed the fil of its breathe. You get what I mean.
Re: Stanley Ohikhuare's 'Loop' Premieres Online by Nobody: 5:14pm On Feb 02, 2013
I love the anamorphic view.
Re: Stanley Ohikhuare's 'Loop' Premieres Online by VillageBoi(m): 5:41pm On Feb 02, 2013
cnario: I love the anamorphic view.

Nah, it looks way over cropped & stretched; they should have stuck to 2:35:1 for a better look especially if you can't film with 'actual' anamorphic lenses.
Re: Stanley Ohikhuare's 'Loop' Premieres Online by Nobody: 2:34pm On Feb 03, 2013
Nice flick right there smiley

crackhaus: Ok, so I just had to critic. As have always been my problem with nigerian film makers, what is up with the over-acting(facial expressions, voice intensity) as well as the excessive dialogue? Less words, more character. Let us see the character as fluid as her words, not words before going into character
the average nigerian overreact to issues. It's not overacting, it's been realistic in the nigerian context. The moment nollywood stops acting that way should be when nigerians stops their dramas and that...grin. Any moment before that time would be referred to(by me) as being fake!

@villageboi, can you believe i haven't watched any of your short films? embarassed sad. It's really bad! I just want to watch it at a time when i'll be very concentrated; i will rewind scenes and convos again and again, rewatch!...so i will be able to commend/criticize where necessary grin
Re: Stanley Ohikhuare's 'Loop' Premieres Online by VillageBoi(m): 3:29pm On Feb 03, 2013
speedyboi:
@villageboi, can you believe i haven't watched any of your short films? embarassed sad. It's really bad! I just want to watch it at a time when i'll be very concentrated; i will rewind scenes and convos again and again, rewatch!...so i will be able to commend/criticize where necessary grin

Oh wow, I thought you had seen them. And please do not hold back any punches. I'm also learning and do make some silly mistakes lol.

On the first part of your post ie 'the acting bit' I think you missed this thread. https://www.nairaland.com/1173052/on-stage-versus-on-screen-acting
Re: Stanley Ohikhuare's 'Loop' Premieres Online by Nobody: 6:45pm On Feb 03, 2013
villageboi:
On the first part of your post ie 'the acting bit' I think you missed this thread. https://www.nairaland.com/1173052/on-stage-versus-on-screen-acting
ooo....i didn't really mean it that way. I know all those.....but no matter what, the nigeria stuff must be there (i didn't mean over acting it). Phone swap is a perfect example of what i mean. The actors didn't over act (most of them), but you can feel the 'nigerianity' in the acting. You gerrit now? smiley. I said it that way cos people/nigerians mix the two.
Re: Stanley Ohikhuare's 'Loop' Premieres Online by VillageBoi(m): 7:03pm On Feb 03, 2013
speedyboi:
ooo....i didn't really mean it that way. I know all those.....but no matter what, the nigeria stuff must be there (i didn't mean over acting it). Phone swap is a perfect example of what i mean. The actors didn't over act (most of them), but you can feel the 'nigerianity' in the acting. You gerrit now? smiley. I said it that way cos people/nigerians mix the two.
Oh I understood you but just wanted to bring the thread to your attention. Phone swap was brilliantly acted IMO but the lady in this film... was very over-forced in her acting.
Re: Stanley Ohikhuare's 'Loop' Premieres Online by Nobody: 8:21pm On Feb 03, 2013
VillageBoi:
Oh I understood you but just wanted to bring the thread to your attention. Phone swap was brilliantly acted IMO but the lady in this film... was very over-forced in her acting.

evidently
Re: Stanley Ohikhuare's 'Loop' Premieres Online by VillageBoi(m): 8:59pm On Feb 03, 2013
speedyboi:
evidently
Teehee one of my actors too a bit grin

(1) (Reply)

B-red Ft Akon / Another Popular Yorùbá Actor, Abdul Lateef Titilope Is Dead / Merry Men And Chief Daddy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.