Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,035 members, 7,814,533 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

Questions About Player Transfering From One Club To Another. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Questions About Player Transfering From One Club To Another. (1377 Views)

Ronaldo Break Record: The Fastest Man To Score 350 Goals For One Club In Europe / Top 10: One-club Footballers / Nigeria’s Supporters Club To Acquire A Private Jet – Rafiu Ladipo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questions About Player Transfering From One Club To Another. by abdulkayus(m): 8:23pm On Feb 01, 2013
I have been watching for a while and there is something that i dont understand and would like to ask NLanders to help me out.
1. Pls if a player is bought by a club from another club, who is goin to collect d money, d club only or wil d player also have some percentage in it. And wat is d percentage?

2. Wat about let d say d player is clubless or free. Will there also be sign on fee? Here too, is d player entitled to claim d sign on fee only or not?

Thanks.
Re: Questions About Player Transfering From One Club To Another. by abdulkayus(m): 8:33pm On Feb 02, 2013
hmmm, 20 views, no comment
Re: Questions About Player Transfering From One Club To Another. by Nobody: 2:02am On Feb 03, 2013
For your 1st question: In Europe and most other places (except Nigeria), the player has no share of the transfer fee, his new club pockets 100% of d money.

For your 2nd question: Again, in Europe, a player that transfers to another club for free doesn't get any sign-on fees. The new club only pays him the weekly/monthly wages that have been agreed upon by both parties (player and his new club).
Generally, a club in Europe does not have to pay a transfer fee to buy any player that has fulfilled his contract with his present club. This is due to the famous 1995 "Bosman Ruling" of the Court Of Arbitration For Sport.
Re: Questions About Player Transfering From One Club To Another. by abdulkayus(m): 4:42pm On Feb 07, 2013
@CFC Fan, thanks alot guy. Bt i think frm ur first paragraph, d answer shld hav been, d old club will pocket d money 100% not d new club. Hope am right?
Re: Questions About Player Transfering From One Club To Another. by Nobody: 12:07am On Feb 08, 2013
abdulkayus: @CFC Fan, thanks alot guy. Bt i think frm ur first paragraph, d answer shld hav been, d old club will pocket d money 100% not d new club. Hope am right?

Yeah, you're right. Thanks for correcting my error. smiley
Re: Questions About Player Transfering From One Club To Another. by Dfrenzy(m): 6:26am On Feb 08, 2013
And now dat u are a learner. Any more question(s) for we to answer?
Re: Questions About Player Transfering From One Club To Another. by abdulkayus(m): 4:33pm On Feb 15, 2013
Dfrenzy: And now dat u are a learner. Any more question(s) for we to answer?

Yes, knowledge is an ocean, u can never knw all.
Here goes my question; when a player is sign by a club for example 4 years contract and like after 1 or 2 years, he perform very well, can he ask for increase in wage or is it until d contract elapse and another is sign b4 he can ask for d increase?

And pls wat is d meanin of name right?
Re: Questions About Player Transfering From One Club To Another. by siddiq202(m): 6:46pm On Feb 15, 2013
abdulkayus:

Here goes my question; when a player is sign by a club for example 4 years contract and like after 1 or 2 years, he perform very well, can he ask for increase in wage or is it until d contract elapse and another is sign b4 he can ask for d increase?

He can only ask for an increase in wage when the contract elapse unless the club decide to increase the wage for positive extension of the contract in the future
Re: Questions About Player Transfering From One Club To Another. by chucky234(m): 5:57pm On Feb 16, 2013
There are cases where players earned certain percentages as agreed between the management and the players,especially if the player performed excellently in the final face of his current contract thereby raising his market value to attract other clubs to pay handsomely for his service.
Before the kick-off of the season Adebayor demanded £4m from Man City as his percentage from what they received from Totteham Hotspurs,City refused but eventually paid Adebayor around £3m .
Many clubs also pay sign-on fees to free players through their agents/managers who negotiate contract terms with the players on behalf of the players,the money received from the clubs as sign-on fees is always shared between the players,the agents and all intermediaries involved in the facilitation of the transfer.
Not all clubs pay sign-on fees whether the player is free or not,especially smaller leagues like Albania,Cyprus,Malta second division clubs,Maldives,Yemen,e.t.c
My response is based on my experience as a player scout/agent.
Re: Questions About Player Transfering From One Club To Another. by chucky234(m): 6:09pm On Feb 16, 2013
abdulkayus:

Terms of a player's contract depends solely on the agent/manager's negotiation skills,there should be clauses that says if my player XX play certain number of matches or score certain number of goals in the course of the season,the contract should be reviewed to allow for negotiation in salaries increment.
In the absence of such clauses the club management decides on their own to review the players pay packages so as to prevent him from listening to offers that will come from other clubs who might be interested in signing the said player based on his performances for his current club.
Another reason clubs review players's contract is to persuade them into signing a lengthy contract as that will put the club in pole position to decide who they sell to or how much they sell if there are interest from other clubs.

(1) (Reply)

Facts To Know About Super Eagles / Falcao Signs For Man UTD / OPINION: Who Is The Best Freekick Player Among The Three(picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.