Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,414 members, 7,819,486 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

Pls Help!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pls Help!!! (691 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help!!! by johnstar(m): 10:01am On Feb 02, 2013
Am starting my exams very soon, nd I need prayer points 2 pray, nd I have a probs in reading, I easily 4gt d things am reading, pls help, wat shuld I do sad sad sad,
Re: Pls Help!!! by EasyNaijacom: 10:22am On Feb 02, 2013
The best time to read is very early in the morning (after you wake up). This is because your brain would be relaxed and stress free. People say I'll sleep over it because they know that in the morning they'll better understand what was discussed.

Also, when you read, don't focus on trying to understand sentences, try to understand every word and why it was used in the sentence.

Finally, take naps during the day. If you find yourself getting confused after reading for a while, take 10 minutes off to lay down and think before you continue.

Hope this helps. Good luck.
Re: Pls Help!!! by EasyNaijacom: 10:25am On Feb 02, 2013
.... I forgot to add something important.

Always go to bed early and stay off your phone during bedtime, radiation hinders brain activity.
Re: Pls Help!!! by Nobody: 11:17am On Feb 02, 2013
johnstar: Am starting my exams very soon, nd I need prayer points 2 pray, nd I have a probs in reading, I easily 4gt d things am reading, pls help, wat shuld I do sad sad sad,

Good morning John,

I understand what you are going through. It's really not easy to engage in 'active' reading i.e studies. Reading 'passively' can be quite fun and enjoyable but when it comes to preparing for an exam then one should endeavour to have a study plan.

It is said that one who fails to plan is actually planning to fail. I am of the opinion that exam periods are not meant to start up one's preparation for an exam. If one has an exam, then it is dvisable to start preparing for it timely.

One's study plan should start before the beginning of the semester. There should be a well thought out plan and an accompanying discipline to ensure that one carry on the plan as effectively as possible.

Reading plans should encompass, one's lecture time, sleeping time, play time, religion time (if u r religious) and ofcourse the actual time for studies. It is very important that an individual read timely i.e one should endeavour to read up each topic and get a proper grasp before the next lesson.

Reading this way would afford you the opportunity of understanding the text on a topic by topic basis and when you understand a topic you really won't have a had time remembering. The brain has a way of recalling an already understood topic when you come across it again.

Exam periods are meant for revisions and planning. That is, planning your strategy on how to answer questions. An understanding of each lecturers style is very important and please do not neglect your past questions.

I don't know how close your exams are but if you don't have time for the above then I will advice that you read with the aid of past questions. Spend more time reading and join a study group.

Thank you and all the best in your exams!
Re: Pls Help!!! by EasyNaijacom: 11:29am On Feb 02, 2013
Well said
Re: Pls Help!!! by johnstar(m): 3:54pm On Feb 02, 2013
EasyNaija.com:
.... I forgot to add something important.

Always go to bed early and stay off your phone during bedtime, radiation hinders brain activity.
thanks 4 ur advice, I ll gv it a try
Re: Pls Help!!! by johnstar(m): 4:00pm On Feb 02, 2013
striktlymi:

Good morning John,

I understand what you are going through. It's really not easy to engage in 'active' reading i.e studies. Reading 'passively' can be quite fun and enjoyable but when it comes to preparing for an exam then one should endeavour to have a study plan.

It is said that one who fails to plan is actually planning to fail. I am of the opinion that exam periods are not meant to start up one's preparation for an exam. If one has an exam, then it is dvisable to start preparing for it timely.

One's study plan should start before the beginning of the semester. There should be a well thought out plan and an accompanying discipline to ensure that one carry on the plan as effectively as possible.

Reading plans should encompass, one's lecture time, sleeping time, play time, religion time (if u r religious) and ofcourse the actual time for studies. It is very important that an individual read timely i.e one should endeavour to read up each topic and get a proper grasp before the next lesson.

Reading this way would afford you the opportunity of understanding the text on a topic by topic basis and when you understand a topic you really won't have a had time remembering. The brain has a way of recalling an already understood topic when you come across it again.

Exam periods are meant for revisions and planning. That is, planning your strategy on how to answer questions. An understanding of each lecturers style is very important and please do not neglect your past questions.

I don't know how close your exams are but if you don't have time for the above then I will advice that you read with the aid of past questions. Spend more time reading and join a study group.

Thank you and all the best in your exams!
thank u very much sir

(1) (Reply)

Comparison Of Jesus-krishna Preachings / Randy Bishop Paraded In P/harcourt For Molesting Girl, 15 / Open Heaven Devotional, Sunday 15th September 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.