Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,183 members, 7,822,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

Do People Really Choose To Remain Slaves? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do People Really Choose To Remain Slaves? (2853 Views)

Why Did You Choose To Be An Athiest? / Does God Really "choose" A Spouse For You? / I Choose To Praise God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do People Really Choose To Remain Slaves? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Feb 02, 2013
Goodness knows that I have tried and tried to explain why Nairalanders should think about these religions that are racist and enslaving to them. How a black man can accept religions that have been used to put their ancestors in chains and demeans them is beyond me.

I have used reason and evidence tirelessly and I am at my wits end. What have I or any other atheist not done? We have shown that morality is not from God rather based on evolution and reason. We have shown that the bible and quran support slavery. We have shown that christianity and islam came to Nigeria through slavery. We have shown that both christianity is a Jewish religion and Islam is an Arab religion. We have shown that religious people are not in any shape better than non religious people.

I am not saying anyone should just leave their religion like that but at least, reason out your religion. Think about it. I am still very surprised that after ayear with atheists some people still repeat the same failed dogma in their religion- even dogmas that their own religions have moved past. Take for instance, evolution many christians have moved past their fear of evolution but no, the African american churches and my Nigerian christians remain at the bottom of the pile in accepting evolution. Must be a coincidence that these two groups suffer from illiteracy.

[img]http://seankappauf.files./2011/09/bibleslave1.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: Do People Really Choose To Remain Slaves? by Bella3(f): 2:44pm On Feb 02, 2013
*sigh* i wonder why some people want to remain hypocrites.
Re: Do People Really Choose To Remain Slaves? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Feb 02, 2013
Bélla3: *sigh* i wonder why some people want to remain hypocrites.

So, you accept that you are a slave?

Did you even read the op
Re: Do People Really Choose To Remain Slaves? by Bella3(f): 2:55pm On Feb 02, 2013
Logicboy03:

So, you accept that you are a slave?

Did you even read the op
Yep.. And all i 'saw' was a failed attempt in making yourself sound like an almighty.
Re: Do People Really Choose To Remain Slaves? by cyrexx: 2:57pm On Feb 02, 2013
Dr. Gregory House said “If you could
reason with religious people , there
would be no religious people.”

People are not reasoned into religion. It's almost impossible to reason them out of it.

Just keep presenting your facts, logic and reason. The seeds will germinate one day. That, I am sure of.

In my own case, I started questioning my religion about 5 years ago. But I didn't drop religion till around last year. Thanks to Avicenna and his epic thread about giving up on religion and God.

So don't get tired. The seeds will germinate. Slowly but SURELY.

3 Likes

Re: Do People Really Choose To Remain Slaves? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Feb 02, 2013
Bélla3: Yep.. And all i 'saw' was a failed attempt in making yourself sound like an almighty.

See this hypocrite....the onyl people that claim that there is an almighty is your religious fellows.

Can you explain how you are not a slave to this foriegn religion of christainity? Why do you accept this Jewish pagan religion? Why you accept a religion that was clearly in favour of the enslavement of your fellow Nigerians?
Re: Do People Really Choose To Remain Slaves? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Feb 02, 2013
cyrexx: Dr. Gregory House said “If you could
reason with religious people , there
would be no religious people.”

People are not reasoned into religion. It's almost impossible to reason them out of it.

Just keep presenting your facts, logic and reason. The seeds will germinate one day. That, I am sure of.

In my own case, I started questioning my religion about 5 years ago. But I didn't drop religion till around last year. Thanks to Avicenna and his epic thread about giving up on religion and God.

So don't get tired. The seeds will germinate. Slowly but SURELY.

Agreed

It creates a paradox- how do you tell a mad man that he is mad? cheesy

The sickening thing about religions is that it is a virus that tells a victim that it is not a virus but a cure.

Now that needs serious inception to undo-

Re: Do People Really Choose To Remain Slaves? by justaqad(m): 3:04pm On Feb 02, 2013
it doesn't matter how religion came to africa.what matters to me is the undeniable infallible conviction i have about my Religion.No human is perfect,But i perfectly believe the Quran is not a work of conjecture.our ancestors were whisked away for financial gains,you know that too well.in as much as people hide under the guise of religion to perpetrate heinous acts does not give you the justification to label sincere adherents Ignorant.
its a fact i cant make God appear to you or other Atheist,but its also a fact that the (bible and Quran) contains works that are beyond human composition,even atheist attest to this facts.The Quran is one book that gives me relief,succour.
Re: Do People Really Choose To Remain Slaves? by Bella3(f): 3:08pm On Feb 02, 2013
Logicboy03:

See this hypocrite....the onyl people that claim that there is an almighty is your religious fellows.

Can you explain how you are not a slave to this foriegn religion of christainity? Why do you accept this Jewish pagan religion? Why you accept a religion that was clearly in favour of the enslavement of your fellow Nigerians?
Lol...calling me a hypocrite coz you're one is dayum funny. Nobody is enslaved unless they choose. I know am not a slave.
Speaking of slaves, why dont you go back to paganism(which is what your fore fathers proly practised). Why do you choose to be dawkins slave??
Re: Do People Really Choose To Remain Slaves? by onetrack(m): 3:17pm On Feb 02, 2013
justaqad:
its a fact i cant make God appear to you or other Atheist,but its also a fact that the (bible and Quran) contains works that are beyond human composition,even atheist attest to this facts.

which atheists please? I see nothing in the Bible or Quran which would make me think it is anything but a book composed by men whose knowledge was limited by the time and place in which they lived.

2 Likes

Re: Do People Really Choose To Remain Slaves? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Feb 02, 2013
Bélla3: Lol...calling me a hypocrite coz you're one is dayum funny. Nobody is enslaved unless they choose. I know am not a slave.
Speaking of slaves, why dont you go back to paganism(which is what your fore fathers proly practised). Why do you choose to be dawkins slave??

A slave who doesn't know he is a slave.

If you are not a slave, you wont dedicate a particular day of the week to go worshiping your master and get raped repeatedly off your hard earned money by his pastors
Re: Do People Really Choose To Remain Slaves? by Bella3(f): 3:24pm On Feb 02, 2013
ifeness:

A slave who doesn't know he is a slave.

If you are not a slave, you wont dedicate a particular day of the week to go worshiping your master and get raped repeatedly off your hard earned money by his pastors

erm... You knw this how? [as usual, they never learn.]
Re: Do People Really Choose To Remain Slaves? by justaqad(m): 3:27pm On Feb 02, 2013
onetrack:

which atheists please? I see nothing in the Bible or Quran which would make me think it is anything but a book composed by men whose knowledge was limited by the time and place in which they lived.

you think so?
i think this link might give you a rethink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNu3huTMFmA.
peace
Re: Do People Really Choose To Remain Slaves? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Feb 02, 2013
Bélla3: Lol...calling me a hypocrite coz you're one is dayum funny. Nobody is enslaved unless they choose. I know am not a slave.

Wow...I became an atheist before I even knew who Dawkins was. I wonder how many atheists in Japan even know who Dawkins is. Fallacy of equivocation Dawkins = atheism.

As for you, you know deep down that you are a slave. The next time you go to church, look at the Jesus on the cross and ask why your church has a white European Jesus when we know that Jesus likely had dark skin.

Furthermore ask yourself why you follow this Jewish pagan religion. Ask yourself why A smart God would choose some barbaric middle eastern people rather than the chinese who were more civilized at the time. Also ask yourself why your God is true and others false. Ask yourself

. I can not follow a god or religion that has no evidence for its claims. You are the slave.
Re: Do People Really Choose To Remain Slaves? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Feb 02, 2013
justaqad:

you think so?
i think this link might give you a rethink

peace

That crappy guy on youtube? Mtchew

2 Likes

Re: Do People Really Choose To Remain Slaves? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Feb 02, 2013
justaqad: it doesn't matter how religion came to africa.what matters to me is the undeniable infallible conviction i have about my Religion.No human is perfect,But i perfectly believe the Quran is not a work of conjecture.our ancestors were whisked away for financial gains,you know that too well.in as much as people hide under the guise of religion to perpetrate heinous acts does not give you the justification to label sincere adherents Ignorant.
its a fact i cant make God appear to you or other Atheist,but its also a fact that the (bible and Quran) contains works that are beyond human composition,even atheist attest to this facts.The Quran is one book that gives me relief,succour.

If i appeared to moses and Mohamed with a mobile phone and ipad. They certainly would bow down and worship me.

How would you know you are not being brain washed anyway? The moment you were born,allah was whispered into your ears out of ignorance. You need to learn how to fix yourself.
Re: Do People Really Choose To Remain Slaves? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Feb 02, 2013
Bélla3: erm... You knw this how? [as usual, they never learn.]

Example is 700 cars to oyedepo. Amongst other atrocities

You must be a good and loyal slave- embrace the old rugged cross wink
Re: Do People Really Choose To Remain Slaves? by Bella3(f): 3:36pm On Feb 02, 2013
Logicboy03:

Wow...I became an atheist before I even knew who Dawkins was. I wonder how many atheists in Japan even know who Dawkins is. Fallacy of equivocation Dawkins = atheism.

As for you, you know deep down that you are a slave. The next time you go to church, look at the Jesus on the cross and ask why your church has a white European Jesus when we know that Jesus likely had dark skin.

Furthermore ask yourself why you follow this Jewish pagan religion. Ask yourself why A smart God would choose some barbaric middle eastern people rather than the chinese who were more civilized at the time. Also ask yourself why your God is true and others false. Ask yourself

. I can not follow a god or religion that has no evidence for its claims. You are the slave.

wow, wow... I thought the japan people are communists? The same communists you and others have repeatedly denied?
Not all churches have a pic of Jesus kind sir..
Barbaric middle easterners? Thats racist.
I AM NOT A SLAVE.
Re: Do People Really Choose To Remain Slaves? by Bella3(f): 3:37pm On Feb 02, 2013
ifeness:

Example is 700 cars to oyedepo. Amongst other atrocities

You must be a good and loyal slave- embrace the old rugged cross wink
Like seriously? Not everyone pays tithe. Ok?
Re: Do People Really Choose To Remain Slaves? by justaqad(m): 3:42pm On Feb 02, 2013
Logicboy03:

That crappy guy on youtube? Mtchew

typical of logicboi...u call him creepy when you cant disprove any of his outlined facts...
i take it you are beaten....
hehehehehehehehe
Re: Do People Really Choose To Remain Slaves? by justaqad(m): 3:45pm On Feb 02, 2013
ifeness:
If i appeared to moses and Mohamed with a mobile phone and ipad. They certainly would bow down and worship me.

can you?lol
well if you cant time travel appear to me and you will win me over..
hehehehehehehe

ifeness:
How would you know you are not being brain washed anyway? The moment you were born,allah was whispered into your ears out of ignorance. You need to learn how to fix yourself.

i know i am not brainwashed i am convinced.
mind going through this highly enlightening video,i hope you are not scared of truth like logicboi?

Re: Do People Really Choose To Remain Slaves? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Feb 02, 2013
Bélla3: wow, wow... I thought the japan people are communists? The same communists you and others have repeatedly denied?
I AM NOT A SLAVE.

Japan is a capitalist country.

Communism is a great idea that has many practical problems. Why would I have to deny communism? Did I accept them or associate with them in the first place.

Unfortunately for you, you belong to a denomination of christianity that does have pictures in their churches.

As for your claims of racism, you are very STOOPID. Foolish.

1) Middle eastern is not a race
2) The middle easterners were as barbaric as most of the rest of the world at biblical times
3) I called them barbaric because they were barbaric with stonings and crucifixions and not because they were middle easterners.

YOU ARE AN IGNORANT SLAVE. I AM HAPPY TO SERVE YOU SOME HARD, UNAPOLOGETIC FREEDOM AND COMMON SENSE. THANK YOU!
Re: Do People Really Choose To Remain Slaves? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Feb 02, 2013
justaqad:

typical of logicboi...u call him creepy when you cant disprove any of his outlined facts...
i take it you are beaten....
hehehehehehehehe

The whole video where your guy is talking about the greatness of Quranic Arabic. How foolish. I am not an Arab slave like you. If your God truly exists and is all powerful, you really think that he speaks one langauge (Arabic)?

Or if your Allah had any sense, his words would have easily been sent around in many languages. But no, we are left with some archaic form of Arabic in which the Quran can only be reasonably understood. If anyone has a problem with the Quran, they are told to try to understand Arabic or meet someone versed in the Quran and Arabic. Reeks of Arab slavery to me.

When it is time, you will soon go and face the Arab land of Mecca 5 times a day like an Arab slave. The same Arabs that spread islam by conquering your African ancestors and enslaving many of them.
Re: Do People Really Choose To Remain Slaves? by justaqad(m): 4:46pm On Feb 02, 2013
Logicboy03:

The whole video where your guy is talking about the greatness of Quranic Arabic. How foolish. I am not an Arab slave like you. If your God truly exists and is all powerful, you really think that he speaks one langauge (Arabic)?

Or if your Allah had any sense, his words would have easily been sent around in many languages. But no, we are left with some archaic form of Arabic in which the Quran can only be reasonably understood. If anyone has a problem with the Quran, they are told to try to understand Arabic or meet someone versed in the Quran and Arabic. Reeks of Arab slavery to me.

When it is time, you will soon go and face the Arab land of Mecca 5 times a day like an Arab slave. The same Arabs that spread islam by conquering your African ancestors and enslaving many of them.

Whether Arabic,chinese or swahili,can u disprove any of his facts?lol
The quran was revealed to muhammad,to convey to the world.nuhammad practically understood Arabic better.
One thing is clear to me,you think you know it all already,while in fact ur just so empty.
Re: Do People Really Choose To Remain Slaves? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Feb 02, 2013
justaqad:

Whether Arabic,chinese or swahili,can u disprove any of his facts?lol
The quran was revealed to muhammad,to convey to the world.nuhammad practically understood Arabic better.
One thing is clear to me,you think you know it all already,while in fact ur just so empty.

What facts? Please? Name them? I watched 5 mins and the end and 5 mins at the beginning of the video. Total nonsense.
Re: Do People Really Choose To Remain Slaves? by justaqad(m): 4:53pm On Feb 02, 2013
Logicboy03:

What facts? Please? Name them? I watched 5 mins and the end and 5 mins at the beginning of the video. Total nonsense.

Lol...
Watch the whole video bro..
Re: Do People Really Choose To Remain Slaves? by Heathen(m): 4:59pm On Feb 02, 2013
Bélla3: wow, wow... I thought the japan people are communists? The same communists you and others have repeatedly denied?
I AM NOT A SLAVE.
lol, you're probably thinking about China....@LB the biggest barrier in the average Nigerian christian (tbf, its a problem with the average religious Nigerian and non religious) is the lack of awareness of the world and what is going on in it. The other day, i tried educating a friend on the possible advantages of nano techology, at first he looked lost, then he just outrightly dismissed nano technology as fantasy and that humans were trying to play god. Lol.
Re: Do People Really Choose To Remain Slaves? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Feb 02, 2013
justaqad:

Lol...
Watch the whole video bro..

I cant waste my time to watch pure islamic videos anymore. I prefer to watch debates on islam with an atheist vs muslim. That is better because we hear from both sides.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rOn4vYwa0w
Re: Do People Really Choose To Remain Slaves? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Feb 02, 2013
Heathen: lol, you're probably thinking about China....@LB the biggest barrier in the average Nigerian christian (tbf, its a problem with the average religious Nigerian and non religious) is the lack of awareness of the world and what is going on in it. The other day, i tried educating a friend on the possible advantages of nano techology, at first he looked lost, then he just outrightly dismissed nano technology as fantasy and that humans were trying to play god. Lol.

There is another dimension to that also. I showed my friend that many atheistic countries have better life and health statistics than religious ones. I showed him the peace index and human development index.

Guess what he said?

"We here in Nigeria are more morally upright, we dont do gay s.ex or allow our children to have be disrespectful and have tattoos"

ignorant slave angry
Re: Do People Really Choose To Remain Slaves? by Heathen(m): 5:18pm On Feb 02, 2013
Logicboy03: "We here in Nigeria are more morally upright, we dont do gay s.ex or allow our children to have be disrespectful and have tattoos"

ignorant slave angry
lmbao, probably what he was told by his pastor. I recall a time in church, when the pastor went on about the immoral West. I found it amusing...........,..why?- well this MOG had recently gone holidaying in one of these immoral countries with his family. They must had enjoyed the fruits of the labour of these immoral people cuz the tool couldn't stop raving about the place!
Re: Do People Really Choose To Remain Slaves? by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:23pm On Feb 02, 2013
I AM NOT A SLAVE.

Japan people are communists . . . here we go..

are all xtians that st.upid?
Re: Do People Really Choose To Remain Slaves? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Feb 02, 2013
Heathen: lmbao, probably what he was told by his pastor. I recall a time in church, when the pastor went on about the immoral West. I found it amusing...........,..why?- well this MOG had recently gone holidaying in one of these immoral countries with his family. They must had enjoyed the fruits of the labour of these immoral people cuz the tool couldn't stop raving about the place!

The sheer hypocrisy!

These people never stop to amaze me.

Can you believe that my guy was bashing the immoral west while having porn (white american pornstars who are not usually religious) on his Iphone (an american product created by a Zen Bhuddist)?

Christians....tsk...tsk

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Islam: Mohammed (pbuh) And The Young Age Of Aesha ( Debate) / Books Of Peter (Love will cover a multitude of sins) / Solution To Homosexual Has Now Been Discovered!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.