Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,118 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

9-year-old Quvenzhané Wallis Is The Youngest Nominee In Oscar's History - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 9-year-old Quvenzhané Wallis Is The Youngest Nominee In Oscar's History (827 Views)

Photos From The Amvcas 2016 Nominee Announcement Event / 12 Year Old Nigerian, Zuriel Oduwole Is Youngest Film Maker In The World (video) / 85th Academy Awards (OSCAR) Nomination List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

9-year-old Quvenzhané Wallis Is The Youngest Nominee In Oscar's History by meamanda(f): 8:36pm On Feb 02, 2013

9-year-old American child actress Quvenzhané Wallis has become the world’s youngest nominee for the Academy Award in the Best Actress category for her leading role as Hushpuppy in the drama film Beasts of the Southern Wild. In addition to Best Actress, the film ‘Beast of the Southern Wild’ has been nominated for three more categories including Best Picture, Best Director, and Best Adapted Screenplay. The movie is about a five-year-old child prodigy and survivalist who lives with her ailing and short-tempered father Wink in the backwoods bayou squalor of an isolated Louisiana swampland. Hushpuppy is the only one person left to take care of her father but all of a sudden she becomes stricken with a strange illness.

Quvenzhané Wallis reportedly beat 4000 kids who auditioned for the movie. When she was selected, the director of the movie had no idea that the girl lied about her age. She was only five then cheesy cheesy

Source: http://www.successstories.co.in/quvenzhane-wallis-becomes-the-youngest-ever-to-be-nominated-for-the-academy-award-for-best-actress/

1 Like

Re: 9-year-old Quvenzhané Wallis Is The Youngest Nominee In Oscar's History by meamanda(f): 8:44pm On Feb 02, 2013
Do you think she is going to win....One of her competitors is 85 year old cheesy
Re: 9-year-old Quvenzhané Wallis Is The Youngest Nominee In Oscar's History by Akshow: 9:06pm On Feb 02, 2013
Shes cute and has got a beautiful name too. I hope she wins
Re: 9-year-old Quvenzhané Wallis Is The Youngest Nominee In Oscar's History by meamanda(f): 10:12pm On Feb 02, 2013
I just watched her movie and let me tell you this girl is incredible...the kind of acting she does can't be learnt..she is incredible....I'm not sure if she's going to wins but she really deserves to win cheesy
Akshow: Shes cute and has got a beautiful name too. I hope she wins
Re: 9-year-old Quvenzhané Wallis Is The Youngest Nominee In Oscar's History by alexwrld(m): 10:15pm On Feb 02, 2013
Such a pretty girl with unfathomable acting skills..an innate actor...She'll definitely win. Let's keep the fingers crossed cheesy

1 Like

Re: 9-year-old Quvenzhané Wallis Is The Youngest Nominee In Oscar's History by meamanda(f): 9:08am On Feb 03, 2013
I read the reports and found that Emmanuelle Riva the 85-year-old veteran is more likely to wing. I am yet to watch her movie Amour...Let me know if you have.

alexwrld: Such a pretty girl with unfathomable acting skills..an innate actor...She'll definitely win. Let's keep the fingers crossed cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Hundreds Russian Internet TV Online Cartoons / See The First Official Movie Posters Of Half Of A Yellow Sun / 9ja Movies, Past And Present. A State Of Decline.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.