Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,686 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

Nigeria Vs Mali (AFCON 2013) - (4 - 1) On 6th February 2013 - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Mali (AFCON 2013) - (4 - 1) On 6th February 2013 (114063 Views)

Nigeria Vs Mali. African U23 Championship (3 - 2) On 29th November 2015 / Cameroon, Ivory Coast, Guinea, Mali: AFCON 2015 Group D / South Africa Vs Mali - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 3) On Penalties On 2nd February 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (65) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Mali (AFCON 2013) - (4 - 1) On 6th February 2013 by GbaGaunPolice: 11:38am On Feb 04, 2013
PurpleHouse:

I The Lord, God of David have Spoken!
May the lord forgive u for including his name in this Gbagaun of yours
Re: Nigeria Vs Mali (AFCON 2013) - (4 - 1) On 6th February 2013 by Nobody: 11:39am On Feb 04, 2013
Nigeria has one of the worst football/sports fans..lots of our fans are hypocrites,they just follow the trend,if the eagles are not performing up to their exectations,they will all become chelsea,barca or man united fans.If only some of you guys here follow the football exploits of our stars from nigeria premier league to eastern europe,you,ll understand that it all doesnt end with premier league.

most people here were calling the eagles names even though they havent lost any match in at least their last 6 matches..friendly or competitive..some were questioning the selection and competence of the technical crew,some were criticising the inclusion of emenike all beacause he doesnt play in the premier league..

i believe all the boys in our AFCON squad are good enough to make any team in the premiership,spain or germany,some were just luckier..

We havent seen the likes of Gabriel Reuben,Egwuekwe Azubuike and Uzoenyi Ejike,if only nigeria had won her first two group game matches aganst burkina fasso and zambia,the world would,ve seen the brilliance of someone like Uzoenyi.

Keshi and co have done well regardless of their result against mali on wed.i think they have got a team for the future,its gonna get better.

My worries lies on the left full back,with all due respect to Echiejile,i dont think he is the man to hold that position,i think we,ll find that star in the nigeria premier league or the NNL..Keshi and NFF should stop searching abroad for a left full back,they,ll find someone to fit that role in nigeria..

I felt goose pimple all over replaying yesterdays match.congrats to the team,congrats to drogba and co for conceding and acknowledging a better team,may the eagles soar very high,may they not be like sloane stephens who defeated an informidable serena but lost her nerves against azarenka.

Yobo should be motivated by the fact that this could be his last AFCON,he should remember what the keita and co did to his flying eagles team in enugu in 1999..we all believed the mailans would be massarced but the final result was 1-3 in favour of mali,we may have defeated the malians in third place matches but win against them on wed will be sweeter.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Mali (AFCON 2013) - (4 - 1) On 6th February 2013 by deesquarediddy(m): 11:40am On Feb 04, 2013
Am already seeing a Nigeria vs Ghana final....
Re: Nigeria Vs Mali (AFCON 2013) - (4 - 1) On 6th February 2013 by namdo(m): 11:41am On Feb 04, 2013
Well once again SE need to remain focused, Mali team should not be underrated. They are in semi-final and so are not pushovers. A knock-out game: I trust Keshi/SE will do their best again and not be complacent. They should not treat this game with kid-gloves ortherwise these praises will seize soon.

Goodluck SE.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mali (AFCON 2013) - (4 - 1) On 6th February 2013 by VellyG(m): 11:42am On Feb 04, 2013
HAH: Let us be honest to ourselves, the only thing we should wish for is luck if not ivory coast is better than us in every department

folahann: Na wa o. Even if Ivory Coast loses by 10goals, they'll still be 1st. They can even afford to play their 2nd string and rest their main squad for the Nigerian match.
God please don't let the goals be plenty, minimize the goal margin so that we can be happy losers.
bad_ass_nigga: end of d road for super eagle
asids55: we should have just gone out in the group stage, than face them..
Sike: Finally, we crashed out of AFCON2013. sad
Leemak: Nigeria is finished.........facing great team like ivory coast will be another worst nightmare for nigeria as a country and super fumblers' fans.
klasys: as far as i am concern, SuperEagle is the worst Team among them all, and is the best team in the world when comes to playing football with Mouth. They are just shout here and there, We will beat this and that, They always beat their opponent with mouth before the March, But when it comes to reality, They will be play like a chicken that has fever.

If we ought to be frank,SuperEagle is no where to be compete with any other team

solomon111: I don't see us beating CIV.
Infact,i want Yaya toure and drogba to win an AFCON before they retire.
My focus is on the next Afcon,and i don't see CIV retaining their favourite status in 2015,when most of them would have aged or even retired from the NT.
Nigeria should start building now,to regain their african superpower status in 2015.
As far as AFCON is concerned,we have never being underdogs until now.
We should wake up quickly and retake our place in african football.
buchito1: cryWow dem go flog us like white man!!! Naijarians jst need 2 fast 4 d team

X-factoria:

Story!!!!

The point is not that the Ivoriens are invincible. It is that "these our boys wey nor fit make 5 complete passes, wey no fit score Ethiopia in open play, wey nor fit hold on to a lead against a less fierce attacking side like Zambia and Burkina Faso, nor go fit score CIV".

How many chances do our players create per match? Whatever your answer, you should expect a lower figure against CIV.

No need to ask God for miracle. Instead ask that God help us avoid a disgrace.

DOD.:
I guess d best SE can get is a draw. Therefor they should seriously work on their penalty kicks as that might be their saving grace
Wale112: Rihanna should start dating a Super Eagle Player...They don't beat anyone

IF U FIND YOUR NAME HERE U ARE A FAILURE AND DISGRACE TO NIGERIA. THE SUPER EAGLES DONT NEED YOUR SUPPORT ANY LONGER.I HOPE U CAN NOW EATS YOUR WORDS #SUPER EAGLES TILL 6FEET

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Mali (AFCON 2013) - (4 - 1) On 6th February 2013 by kallysky(f): 11:43am On Feb 04, 2013
Nigeria Can do it. Believe. How much do u want to bet with me?
Re: Nigeria Vs Mali (AFCON 2013) - (4 - 1) On 6th February 2013 by Gbenge77(m): 11:45am On Feb 04, 2013
If Moses is allowed to PATROL the midfield as he was against the Ivoriens,the MALIANS will be put to the sword
Re: Nigeria Vs Mali (AFCON 2013) - (4 - 1) On 6th February 2013 by yokiti: 11:46am On Feb 04, 2013
The super Eagles of Nigeria shall soar higher above the Eagles of Mali come Wednesday. The defeat of Ivory Coast was a classic performance. Good luck Nigeria!
Re: Nigeria Vs Mali (AFCON 2013) - (4 - 1) On 6th February 2013 by GbaGaunPolice: 11:48am On Feb 04, 2013
Afam4eva: If we can beat Ivory coast then mali will be a walk over only if we don't under-estimate them. No disrespect to Mali, but i watched them against SA and they were not spectacular. They just lucky nicked it against a team that was also not spectacular. If Nigeria plays the way they played today, then Mali should better pack their bags and be ready after the match to board a flight to Bamako.
THEY JUST LUCKY NICKED IT abi? You try u hear
Re: Nigeria Vs Mali (AFCON 2013) - (4 - 1) On 6th February 2013 by GbaGaunPolice: 11:48am On Feb 04, 2013
Afam4eva: If we can beat Ivory coast then mali will be a walk over only if we don't under-estimate them. No disrespect to Mali, but i watched them against SA and they were not spectacular. They just lucky nicked it against a team that was also not spectacular. If Nigeria plays the way they played today, then Mali should better pack their bags and be ready after the match to board a flight to Bamako.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mali (AFCON 2013) - (4 - 1) On 6th February 2013 by slextheboss: 11:51am On Feb 04, 2013
We will win i dont think ghana will beat burkina faso . . Look. the semi finals are just teams from group B vs group C. Nice
Re: Nigeria Vs Mali (AFCON 2013) - (4 - 1) On 6th February 2013 by GbaGaunPolice: 11:55am On Feb 04, 2013
Gbenge 77: If Moses is allowed to PATROL the midfield as he was against the Ivoriens,the MALIANS will be put to the sword
PATROL THE MIDFIELD AS HE WAS ? May God forgive u for this gbagaun
Re: Nigeria Vs Mali (AFCON 2013) - (4 - 1) On 6th February 2013 by Nobody: 11:57am On Feb 04, 2013
I strongly believe that we have enough talents to present at least 3 very good team in any football tournament.

its unfortunate that nigeria football is not given the attention and respect that it deserves.Oboabona and Sunday Mba have shone like stars but believe me they are not the best stars in that squad,i pray Gabriel Reuben,Egwuekwe and Uzoenyi get the opporturnity to show what they,ve got to offer.

May their performances in this tournament motivate thousands of footballers in Nigeria struggling against the odds to be recognised.

I hope coach Obu of the flying eagles is preparing well for the AYC...Its unfortunate that he has not yet looked in the direction of Chikeluba Ofoegbu,a former enugu rangers hitman who is now in turkey banging in the goals.He is still very young and his talent should be tapped now.Odion Ighalo is doing great for granada of spain,i hope he is invited by keshi after the nations cup,he cld be very useful.

I regret the misfortune Osaze is going through now,he deserves better reward for his talent,at a misery £15000 a week,i know he is worth a lot more than that and hope it is sorted,until he has sorted his attitude,i still dont think he deserves a place in the eagles,it would,ve been counter productive having him in south africa with the very many issues he is known for..if he gets sorted and fits in calm,sober and a bit wise,we,ll have a team everyone will be proud of.I wish him well.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mali (AFCON 2013) - (4 - 1) On 6th February 2013 by Maxymilliano(m): 12:02pm On Feb 04, 2013
There shouldn't be any cause for alarm in our game against the Malians, it is a case of two eagles, but the Nigerian eagle is SUPER, just like the name connote.

I already foresee a final match with the Black Stars...

Victory is ours and the cup is finally returning to Nigeria after 19 years!

Abeg, join me in doing the Oppam Goodluck style!

Re: Nigeria Vs Mali (AFCON 2013) - (4 - 1) On 6th February 2013 by Nobody: 12:03pm On Feb 04, 2013
deesquare-diddy:

Not yet sir,remember denmark..we were all seeing brazil when instead of scaling through denmark first.
Mali knocked south africa out in their own stadium,dont under rate them,Saidu Keita is a legend and shouldnt be ignored,we know him but like the burkinabes,we dont know the rest of the other boys.

Eagles should build on yesterdays success and make sure its progress all the way,i pray they are motivated enough to confront them on wednesday..The beauty of their journey so far is that right from their first match against burkina fasso,they have dominated all their opponents without the luck of getting the much needed 3 points in their first 2 group games.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Mali (AFCON 2013) - (4 - 1) On 6th February 2013 by Nobody: 12:08pm On Feb 04, 2013
slex the boss: We will win i dont think ghana will beat burkina faso . . Look. the semi finals are just teams from group B vs group C. Nice

if ghana under rate the burkina boys,they,ll be shocked..football is not played by names any more..that boy called Petriopa can wreck any team,he is very good.

The two semi final matches can go either way,there is simply no favourites,i wont be surprised if ghana crashes out.i hope the eagles realise that its not yet uhuru till they qualify for the finals and win the trophy.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Mali (AFCON 2013) - (4 - 1) On 6th February 2013 by Nobody: 12:13pm On Feb 04, 2013
by the way...Pls where is acidtalk?

where is onila,i hope she has travelled to ivory coast to console weeping drogba and co?

where is that fat hipped lady SYBELLAH who called me a dreamer?....haha i told you Eagles will wreck drogba and co.it would,ve been 2-0 if not for the antics of the old fox drogba,no one can beat him in diving.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Mali (AFCON 2013) - (4 - 1) On 6th February 2013 by ifylord: 12:24pm On Feb 04, 2013
wink tongue shocked sad angryyes we can beat mali by GOD grace.[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Nigeria Vs Mali (AFCON 2013) - (4 - 1) On 6th February 2013 by nkemKalu: 1:03pm On Feb 04, 2013
NIGERIA WILL WIN MALI BY 2-0. NIGERIA IS LUCKY THAT OUR OWN KESHI HAS ONCE COAHED MALI AND HE KNOWS THEIR ANTIDOTE. THERE IS NOTHING TO FEAR ABOUT THE MALIANS BUT AT THE SAME TIME WE SHOULD NOT TAKE THEM FOR GRANTED. WE NEED TO PLAY GOOD FOOTBALL AND DEFEND WELL AND VICTORY SHALL, BE OURS. UP 9AIJA
Re: Nigeria Vs Mali (AFCON 2013) - (4 - 1) On 6th February 2013 by bong4(m): 1:13pm On Feb 04, 2013
Well i congratulate the eagles. They have justified the money spent on them so far but let me add. The assignment given to them is to bring back the nations cup and not to beat Ivory Coast. Nigeria should be the standard in africa football not any other country. Let the eagles know that the only team left that plays open and positive football is Ghana thus we can handle them very well like the Ivorians. Our problem is definitely how to handle Mali and Burkina Faso that play negative soccer just to frustrate you.Nigeria has the capability to win this cup but to this the whole has to keep the tempo high. I wish them the best.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Mali (AFCON 2013) - (4 - 1) On 6th February 2013 by nerodenero: 1:15pm On Feb 04, 2013
mukina2: If you think Nigeria will win Like this post
First time I'm seeing 224 likes on nairaland and it has to be football talks.Wish this unity in football can be transformed to national unity where equity and justice previals.Wishing the Eagles the best against Mali

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Mali (AFCON 2013) - (4 - 1) On 6th February 2013 by searay(m): 1:34pm On Feb 04, 2013
dannysteve99@ya:
We hv won d match already. Infact we are in final.
In Jesus name,
Amen! Amen! Amen! Amen! Amen! Amen! Amen! Amen!
Re: Nigeria Vs Mali (AFCON 2013) - (4 - 1) On 6th February 2013 by mikeywise(m): 1:39pm On Feb 04, 2013
deesquare-diddy:

AM SEEING NIGERIA VS BURKINA FASO IN THE FINALS
Re: Nigeria Vs Mali (AFCON 2013) - (4 - 1) On 6th February 2013 by Mcleo007(m): 1:48pm On Feb 04, 2013
Debroslink: I HOPE WHAT HAPPENED IN 2004 WON'T REPEAT ITSELF. THE CAMEROUNIANS WERE A FORCE TO BE REKONED WITH. THEY WERE D DEFENDING CHAMPIONS, BUT NIGERIA WON THEM AND SENT THEM PACKING BY 2 GOALS TO 1. THE NATION ROARED AND CHEERED WITH JOY AND HAPINESS. BUT WHEN WE PLAYED D SEMI-FINAL MATCH, WE WERE KNOCKED OUT BY TUNISHA COS WE UNDERRATED THEM.
I HOPE WE WON'T GET OVER-CONFIDENT IN OURSELVES AND UNDER ESTIMATE THE MALIANS, BECAUSE WE HAVE NEVER WON OUR LAST 5 SEMI-FINAL MATCHES. WE ALWAYS SETTLE 4 3RD PLACE MATCH.
I HOPE SE WILL NOT DISAPPOINT NIGERIANS AGAIN, WIN D SEMI-FINAL MATCH FINALLY BRING THE CUP HOME AFTER 23 YEARS.
my 2kobo......

Tunisia was the host team, and had home advantage. Trust me, African competitions still suffer from that. All you need is a disciplined team; they don't have to world beaters. Just disciplined and with a sheer of luck, you might win as the host nation.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mali (AFCON 2013) - (4 - 1) On 6th February 2013 by mikeshow120: 1:51pm On Feb 04, 2013
mukina2: After a well played match and a 2 -1 defeat against Ivory Coast, Nigeria are in the semis, they meet mali, who won hosts south africa in a dramatic penalty kickout 3 -1

Detailed preview + Match lists to be posted later

Since we have no polls. we will do it in two separate posts
Re: Nigeria Vs Mali (AFCON 2013) - (4 - 1) On 6th February 2013 by Kolababa: 2:20pm On Feb 04, 2013
DON'T CRUCIFY ME OOO.
NIGERIA 1 MALI 2
Re: Nigeria Vs Mali (AFCON 2013) - (4 - 1) On 6th February 2013 by mikeywise(m): 2:30pm On Feb 04, 2013
if Nigeria lose against Mali, moderator pls ban me for a whole one hour. undecided
Re: Nigeria Vs Mali (AFCON 2013) - (4 - 1) On 6th February 2013 by ojjp: 2:32pm On Feb 04, 2013
What time re they playin pls?
Re: Nigeria Vs Mali (AFCON 2013) - (4 - 1) On 6th February 2013 by TheKingsQueen: 2:54pm On Feb 04, 2013
Go guys and cook some "goal soup" (ofe-goal) for Mali

Re: Nigeria Vs Mali (AFCON 2013) - (4 - 1) On 6th February 2013 by doublekk: 3:37pm On Feb 04, 2013
nig/mali.....1/0,,against mali.The hand of God is wit us,carry goooooooooooooo nja.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mali (AFCON 2013) - (4 - 1) On 6th February 2013 by Ndjones(m): 3:39pm On Feb 04, 2013
dapy.d:

@OP, it wasn't a defeat.... Twas victory! And as for Mali, so far there is no underestimation, we can carry go!
He said Defeat AGAINST. Mumu jambite
Re: Nigeria Vs Mali (AFCON 2013) - (4 - 1) On 6th February 2013 by doublekk: 3:42pm On Feb 04, 2013
NJA /BOKINA FINAL................

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (65) (Reply)

France Vs Argentina: World Cup (4 - 3) On 30th June 2018 / Olympics Women's Beach Volley Ball (pictures) / Nigeria Vs DR Congo (0 - 2): Int'l Friendly On 8th October 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.