Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,860 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:40 AM

IOS6.X Untethered Jailbreak - Jailbreak Your Apple Device - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / IOS6.X Untethered Jailbreak - Jailbreak Your Apple Device (1837 Views)

How To Jailbreak Your Iphone 4, 4s, 5, 5c, 5s On Ios 7.11 / How To Jailbreak Your Ios 7 Iphone 5S & 5C / Freedom Lane (jailbreak Your Iphone & Ipad) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IOS6.X Untethered Jailbreak - Jailbreak Your Apple Device by mafiacent(m): 5:50pm On Feb 04, 2013
evasi0n Presents IOS6.X Untethered Jailbreak

Compatible with all iPhone, iPod touch, iPad and iPad mini models running iOS 6.0 through 6.1

Requirements

5 minutes of your time!

A computer, running Windows (XP minimum), Mac OS X (10.5 minimum) or Linux (x86 / x86_64)

An iPhone, iPad or iPod running iOS 6.0 through 6.1 (you may check in Settings / General / About => Version)

A USB cable to connect the device to the computer

Important! Read me!

Backup your device using iTunes (or iCloud) before using evasi0n. If something breaks, you'll always be able to recover your data.

Please disable the lock passcode of your iOS device before using evasi0n. It can cause issues.

Avoid all iOS and iTunes related tasks until evasi0n is complete. Why not just enjoy a brief break from the computer to stretch your legs?

If the process gets stuck somewhere, it's safe to restart the program, reboot the device (if necessary by holding down Power and Home until it shuts down), and rerun the process.

How should I prepare my device for jailbreaking with evasi0n?

If your device is currently on iOS 6.0, 6.0.1, 6.0.2, or 6.1, make sure to back up your device with iTunes or iCloud before jailbreaking, temporarily disable your passcode (if you have one enabled), and that's all the preparation required. If your device is on an older iOS version, or if you want to be extra sure that the jailbreak will go smoothly, you can follow these steps:

Make a backup with iTunes (click "Back Up Now" in iTunes).

If your device is jailbroken, write down a list of your installed packages, because the next step (restoring) will remove the existing jailbreak. If not jailbroken, ignore this step.

Restore the device with iTunes, which will update your device to the latest iOS version, currently iOS 6.1. (If you have an iPhone 4 or 3GS with an unofficial carrier unlock that depends on your device's baseband version, restore your device with custom firmware instead.)

Select "Set up as a new device" on the device itself during the setup process after the device is restored. Do not select "Set up as a new device" or "Restore from this backup" on iTunes yet.

Open evasi0n on your computer and jailbreak your device. (Well, you'll have to wait for evasi0n to be released to do this step!)

Open up Cydia for the first time to allow it to "prepare the filesystem". Wait for the respring to happen.

Start iTunes again and select "Restore from this backup" to put your data back (apps, music, etc.).

You're done. Feel free to open Cydia and install some packages. To access previously-purchased packages, tap "Manage Account" on the Cydia homepage and log in.

Thanks to

@phoenixdev for his research
@Surenix for evad3rs and evasi0n designs
Hanéne Samara for her work on evasi0n GUI
@chronicdevteam and @iphone_dev for their support
Kiki the cat for the inspiration

Don't be a Jerk, Donate to the team or at least click on some ads on their website - http://evasi0n.com/

Download For Windows & Mac Here

- Post any difficulties encountered here; Hopefully this makes front page and someone in the house could assist.

NOTE: Remember to save your SSH BLOBS. Here is a Guide http://iphone.pandaapp.com/news/02032013/How_to_Save_SHSH_Blobs_for_iOS____Do_It_ASAP.shtml#.UQ_r4GdvLGo
Re: IOS6.X Untethered Jailbreak - Jailbreak Your Apple Device by pharuk: 6:12pm On Feb 04, 2013
server is overloaded....
need the files for Mac, anyone has a copy?
Re: IOS6.X Untethered Jailbreak - Jailbreak Your Apple Device by mafiacent(m): 6:16pm On Feb 04, 2013
if anyone has downloaded it please upload it to dropbox
Re: IOS6.X Untethered Jailbreak - Jailbreak Your Apple Device by sinade1(m): 6:19pm On Feb 04, 2013
evasi0n iOS 6 untethered jailbreak released

Re: IOS6.X Untethered Jailbreak - Jailbreak Your Apple Device by mafiacent(m): 6:23pm On Feb 04, 2013
Recommended Tweaks

Octopus Keyboard – This tweak brings the BlackBerry 10 keyboard to jailbroken iOS devices. You’ve seen the previews and the demo videos of BB10 in action, and if the keyboard takes your fancy, this tweak is one for you to consider.

Stride – Stride offers an alternative, action-based system for unlocking your device. If you find the passcode or password unlocking system to be a little dull and mundane, Stride’s method of allowing you to draw a specific pattern will certainly spice things up.

PhotoFilters – As the name implies, this tweak allows you to apply filters to your photos natively. Since Instagram, photo filtering has become immensely popular, and if you wish to dabble at device level, check out the PhotoFilters tweak.

Dashboard X – One of the biggest gripes with iOS is its lack of widgets, but with the Dashboard X tweak, you can have widgets right on your home screen. There are bunch pre-loaded into the app, and they can easily be resized and moved around your home screen.

IntelliScreenX – This tweak vastly extends your device’s Notification Center, providing essentially everything you could ever need from within iOS’s pull-down menu. Features include improved Mail support, Extended Calendar, Twitter / Facebook, RSS Reader, and Quick Reply, among many others.

Messages+ – Made by the same developer as IntelliScreenX, Messages+ offers a well-rounded, altogether more feature-rich messaging app. Its champion feature is the Quick Reply, which lets you respond to a message from within any app, and if you purchase IntelliScreenX, this one’s absolutely free!

BiteSMS – This is far and away my favorite tweak of all time. For those uninitiated, it’s an extended version of the stock Messages apps, and includes a whole host of wonderful features including timed messages, quick compose, passcode lock, and custom themes.

Bulletin – Brings the Notification Center to the lock screen. I’m unsure as to why Apple doesn’t offer this option as standard, but if you want to check all of your notifications without opening up your device, this tweak is for you.

NowNow
– This tweak swaps voice-recognition sidekick Siri with Google Voice Search. Ideal for pre-Siri devices, NowNow does require you to be running the latest version of the Google Search app, but once that’s installed, NowNow is free over at the BigBoss repository.

iFile – This one allows you to browse your device’s file system. If you plan on installing quite a few tweaks, it’s a necessity, and even if you’re not, it’s useful to have as an explorer.

Springtomize 2 – This tweak is arguably the only app you’ll ever need in order to customize your device. Whichever element you’re looking to modify, be it your status bar, icons, text, whatever, you can do so with Springtomize 2.

Zephyr – As well as allowing the multitasking bar to be revealed by a swipe from the bottom upwards, Zephyr allows one to slide between the active display of open apps, akin to the four-finger gesture on iPad.

SBSettings
– SBSettings is, many would say, the most useful tweak on the Cydia store. If you have jailbroken before, you’ll already be more than aware of its capabilities, but for the uninitiated; SBSettings provides an easily accessible menu of all your device’s key functions in any one place. Once activated, one can toggle Wi-Fi, 3G, Data, Location Services, Brightness, Airplane mode, and other features on / off with a simple tap, as well respring / reboot / lock / safe mode or power off with absolute ease. Oh Apple, please make this a native feature!

Switchy – Switchy is yet another app switcher / multitask bar tweak, and as well as housing the ability to clear all apps with one tap (useful if, like me, you’ve a tendency to leave many open at any given moment), but it allows for two rows of icons, making things twice as easy to manage.

Activator – Activator allows you to assign various activation methods to perform certain behaviors. These be based on a variety of gestures, such as swipe, tap, shake or sequential pressing of physical buttons.
AirBlue Sharing – Apple doesn’t like you sharing content between iOS or non-iOS devices, but if connected to the same network, AirBlue Sharing will use the Wi-Fi connection for the transfer of files. There is also Bluetooth sharing, but it’s much slower.

WinterBoard – Created by Saurik, this is the original theming app for iOS. WinterBoard differs somewhat from Springtomize in that it focuses on the overall look of the lock screen and home screen. If you don’t feel like theming yourself, there are trillions of pre-made themes available online and through Cydia, so there’s bound to be a look to suit you. Oh and if you decide to install WinterBoard, make sure you try Ayecon theme, it is by far the best theme available for jailbroken devices.

App Locker – Pretty self-explanatory, App Locker allows you to lock your apps with a password. This is especially useful if you don’t want to unlock your device every time you use it, but want to keep certain apps closed from prying eyes.

Zeppelin – This allows you to change your carrier logo / text to an icon of your desire. You can even get the Redmond Pie logo if you so desire!

f.lux – f.lux is a truly unique app which brings a warmer, ‘sunset’ overlay to your device’s screen. It’s certainly one that has to be experienced to be appreciated, and you can also set it to activate only at night, which is useful since it’s easier on your eyes.

OverBoard – OverBoard allows you to view pages of home screens at a glance. If you’ve a million apps and find it hard to manage them, OverBoard may just be your ticket.
Re: IOS6.X Untethered Jailbreak - Jailbreak Your Apple Device by hancock(m): 6:51pm On Feb 04, 2013
ipad 2 jailbroken already grin

1 Like

Re: IOS6.X Untethered Jailbreak - Jailbreak Your Apple Device by Infoseye(m): 8:13pm On Feb 04, 2013
Officially Jailbroken IOS 6 Untethered grin
Re: IOS6.X Untethered Jailbreak - Jailbreak Your Apple Device by pharuk: 8:42pm On Feb 04, 2013
Feeling so fly with my iphone 5, going to get apple tv3 in the morning

1 Like

Re: IOS6.X Untethered Jailbreak - Jailbreak Your Apple Device by manucho: 4:12am On Feb 05, 2013
house do i have to switch off the iphone 5 before jailbreaking or do i leave it switched on and do i need to connect to the internet during the process of jailbreaking the iphone 5. Thanks and waiting for response.
Re: IOS6.X Untethered Jailbreak - Jailbreak Your Apple Device by 2kurupt(m): 7:05am On Feb 05, 2013
Has anyone actually ran the jailbreak app? Hope it ain't a fluke
Re: IOS6.X Untethered Jailbreak - Jailbreak Your Apple Device by mygee33(m): 9:07am On Feb 05, 2013
Just did mine now, in a matter of minutes. Easy and simple. No need to add sugar,lol!
Re: IOS6.X Untethered Jailbreak - Jailbreak Your Apple Device by pharuk: 11:11am On Feb 05, 2013
Re: IOS6.X Untethered Jailbreak - Jailbreak Your Apple Device by pharuk: 11:13am On Feb 05, 2013
One bug found so far, the weather app doesnt work.

there is a replacement for installous for you guys looking for free apps.

Its called iPastore.

my Few cool apps for iphone 5
1. Ipastore
2. bitesms
3. sbsttings
4. winterboard

am desperately looking for an app on cydia where u can watch series, i use to have it on my iphone 4 and i have forgotten the name.. i know its not iSeries, anyone who knows pls reply
Re: IOS6.X Untethered Jailbreak - Jailbreak Your Apple Device by mafiacent(m): 12:38pm On Feb 05, 2013
pharuk: One bug found so far, the weather app doesnt work.

there is a replacement for installous for you guys looking for free apps.

Its called iPastore.

my Few cool apps for iphone 5
1. Ipastore
2. bitesms
3. sbsttings
4. winterboard

am desperately looking for an app on cydia where u can watch series, i use to have it on my iphone 4 and i have forgotten the name.. i know its not iSeries, anyone who knows pls reply

iStreamNet
Re: IOS6.X Untethered Jailbreak - Jailbreak Your Apple Device by pharuk: 1:01pm On Feb 05, 2013
mafiacent:

iStreamNet

Am afraid thats not it, just installed that.

The one am talking about, there is a way to vote for any series you like and at the end of the month, the admin staff uploaded the whole series
Re: IOS6.X Untethered Jailbreak - Jailbreak Your Apple Device by haywire1: 3:27pm On Feb 05, 2013
Do u guys mean u gonna watch a movie series without ur MB data charged? undecided
Re: IOS6.X Untethered Jailbreak - Jailbreak Your Apple Device by haywire1: 3:29pm On Feb 05, 2013
Who leave in ikorodu or close to ikorodu dat is good in jailbreaking iPhone 4S iOS 6, need help
Re: IOS6.X Untethered Jailbreak - Jailbreak Your Apple Device by pharuk: 3:59pm On Feb 05, 2013
haywire1: Do u guys mean u gonna watch a movie series without ur MB data charged? undecided

nairaland is not just Naija, I have unlimited 3G
smiley
Re: IOS6.X Untethered Jailbreak - Jailbreak Your Apple Device by adewasco2k(m): 4:21pm On Feb 05, 2013
haywire1: Who leave in ikorodu or close to ikorodu dat is good in jailbreaking iPhone 4S iOS 6, need help
bro you dont need anybody to do it for you if you have a computer, your cable and internet! it takes very easy steps to accomplish. you can check some simple guides to do it here
http://www.wasconet.com/how-to-jailbreak-ios-6-1-on-iphone-5-and-ipad-mini-untethered/

all you need as precaution is to do a backup before you do it.
goodluck
Re: IOS6.X Untethered Jailbreak - Jailbreak Your Apple Device by EEVICTOREE(m): 12:01am On Feb 06, 2013
Trying to update my iPhone 4 from version 5.1.1 to 6.0.1 But i'm getting the below error

The iPhone Could not be updated. An unknown error occurred (3194)
Re: IOS6.X Untethered Jailbreak - Jailbreak Your Apple Device by adewasco2k(m): 12:11am On Feb 06, 2013
££VICTOR££:
Trying to update my iPhone 4 from version 5.1.1 to 6.0.1 But i'm getting the below error

The iPhone Could not be updated. An unknown error occurred (3194)
what operating system are you running? windows or Mac OS X?

this will fix your problem anyways:

if you are using windows
go to C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts (ie your C:/ drive then Windows then system32 then drivers then to etc then you will see a file named hosts not the hosts.ics, open it with notepad).

when you open it you should see something like #74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com, just remove it. and you are done

for mac
do the same the file can be found here: /private/etc/hosts

goodluck
note: you have to be running the latest iTunes
Re: IOS6.X Untethered Jailbreak - Jailbreak Your Apple Device by yahyus(m): 4:33am On Feb 06, 2013
I jailbroke my iPhone 4 with iOs 6.1 using evasi0n. But I can't multi task apps, if I double click home button the phone will reveal the underground apps from there it will hang until after like 5 minutes it will restart.
Pls what should I do?
Re: IOS6.X Untethered Jailbreak - Jailbreak Your Apple Device by adewasco2k(m): 7:43am On Feb 06, 2013
yahyus: I jailbroke my iPhone 4 with iOs 6.1 using evasi0n. But I can't multi task apps, if I double click home button the phone will reveal the underground apps from there it will hang until after like 5 minutes it will restart.
Pls what should I do?
i am not sure why you are having that but i bet its not from the jailbreak....the only problem you will get after the jailbreal is the default weather app that will not work.

try to download Zephyr and see if it helps you
Re: IOS6.X Untethered Jailbreak - Jailbreak Your Apple Device by 2kurupt(m): 8:11am On Feb 06, 2013
It's been long since I did any tweaking on my iPad 3. Please what app is best to backup my present cydia tweaks & apps?
Re: IOS6.X Untethered Jailbreak - Jailbreak Your Apple Device by EEVICTOREE(m): 9:49am On Feb 06, 2013
adewasco2k:
what operating system are you running? windows or Mac OS X?

this will fix your problem anyways:

if you are using windows
go to C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts (ie your C:/ drive then Windows then system32 then drivers then to etc then you will see a file named hosts not the hosts.ics, open it with notepad).

when you open it you should see something like #74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com, just remove it. and you are done

for mac
do the same the file can be found here: /private/etc/hosts

goodluck
note: you have to be running the latest iTunes

Done all that learned that apple isn't signing 6.0.1 anymore.
Re: IOS6.X Untethered Jailbreak - Jailbreak Your Apple Device by mafiacent(m): 1:36pm On Feb 06, 2013
Update to iOS 6.1, and Jaibreak with evasi0n. If you're using a gevey chip, don't forget to Preserve your baseband.
Re: IOS6.X Untethered Jailbreak - Jailbreak Your Apple Device by lynxnoon(m): 6:23pm On Feb 06, 2013
pharuk: ..
well my weather app works well
Re: IOS6.X Untethered Jailbreak - Jailbreak Your Apple Device by EEVICTOREE(m): 7:49pm On Feb 07, 2013
lynxnoon:
well my weather app works well

Same here too after updating evasiOn in Cydia
Re: IOS6.X Untethered Jailbreak - Jailbreak Your Apple Device by akinlolusewanu9(m): 10:28am On Aug 31, 2013
Untethered Jailbreak for iOS 6.1.3 have been found http://phonegist..com/2013/08/untethered-ios-613-jailbreak-is-imminent.html
Re: IOS6.X Untethered Jailbreak - Jailbreak Your Apple Device by Gera1: 4:44am On Jul 16, 2014
but jailbreak may cause data lost. just in case it happen, iPhone Data Recovery help a lot.

(1) (Reply)

My Top 4 Mobile Networks In Nigeria / How Can I Activate Mtn Comedy + Mb / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.