Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,383 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:56 AM

Majek Fashek Chained In His Home Over Deteriorating Mental Health - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Majek Fashek Chained In His Home Over Deteriorating Mental Health (22695 Views)

Majek Fashek Strips To perform At Felabration (Photos) / Majek Fashek Is Back, Leaves Rehab For The First Time (photos) / Majek Fashek Chained In White Garment Church In Badagry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Majek Fashek Chained In His Home Over Deteriorating Mental Health by gluv01(f): 7:36pm On Feb 04, 2013
Majek Fashek is suffering from Schizophrenia according to the doctors taking care of him and his condition is getting really bad. Since he disappeared over the holidays and reappeared in January, he has been uncontrollable. People close to him said he overdid the drugs this time around and his mental illness has deteriorated seriously. People around his neighborhood in Gowon Estate Ipaja now avoid him like a plaque. He walks around talking to himself and sometimes sits at a bus stop around his area playing his guitar while little kids make fun of him. To stop him from roaming around, and maybe hurting himself, sometimes people who care for him chain him at his Ipaja home, especially when he gets really out of control.

Hope he gets serious help before it's too late. Such a sorry situation.

http://lindaikeji..com/2013/02/majek-fashek-chained-at-his-home-over.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

Re: Majek Fashek Chained In His Home Over Deteriorating Mental Health by tpia5: 7:44pm On Feb 04, 2013
why cant he be taken to a hospital?

2 Likes

Re: Majek Fashek Chained In His Home Over Deteriorating Mental Health by gluv01(f): 8:43pm On Feb 04, 2013
I don't know o...maybe finance wahala
Re: Majek Fashek Chained In His Home Over Deteriorating Mental Health by Nobody: 10:11pm On Feb 04, 2013
Death is certainly more honourable than certain irredeemably woeful conditions that some people find themselves in, IMHO. A life beset by mental illness and ignominy can hardly be deemed meaningful. Majek's case is fast becoming something the Igbo refer to as odindu onwu ka mma. Considering the immense success the man achieved decades ago, it is indeed a sad situation.

One can only hope that something miraculous happens to turn his life around.

3 Likes

Re: Majek Fashek Chained In His Home Over Deteriorating Mental Health by gluv01(f): 10:49pm On Feb 04, 2013
U be Hon Patrick? angry
Which kind english be that?
pro01: Death is certainly more honourable than certain irredeemably woeful conditions that some people find themselves in, IMHO. A life beset by mental illness and ignominy can hardly be deemed meaningful. Majek's case is fast becoming something the Igbo refer to as odindu onwu ka mma. Considering the immense success the man achieved decades ago, it is indeed a sad situation.

One can only hope that something miraculous happens to turn his life around.

2 Likes

Re: Majek Fashek Chained In His Home Over Deteriorating Mental Health by Okijajuju1(m): 10:49am On Feb 05, 2013
Majek Fashek went from this;

to this

[img]http://3.bp..com/-z9d2xGGuHrQ/UL-JHBtY51I/AAAAAAAATCs/7FjLxe9Tbow/s1600/Majek-Fashek.jpg[/img]

and finally

[img]http://www.nigeriafilms.com/image.aspx?img=Y29udGVudC9jb250ZW50L21hampqampqampjLmpwZ3w2MDA=[/img]

Majeks story has reall "Sent down the Rain" from my eyes.. Somewhere in my heart I just wish he would die and rest in peace.. Another legend destroyed by the Celebrity killer (Cocaine & Methanphathemine.)

9 Likes

Re: Majek Fashek Chained In His Home Over Deteriorating Mental Health by lafuria1(m): 11:42am On Feb 05, 2013
effect of drugs.

1 Like

Re: Majek Fashek Chained In His Home Over Deteriorating Mental Health by tunapawizzy: 11:42am On Feb 05, 2013
see evolution

1 Like

Re: Majek Fashek Chained In His Home Over Deteriorating Mental Health by pyyxxaro: 11:44am On Feb 05, 2013
THE SAD END OF DRUG ABUSE cry tongue shocked ......... SO LONG PAL cry

1 Like

Re: Majek Fashek Chained In His Home Over Deteriorating Mental Health by shadrach77: 11:45am On Feb 05, 2013
o ma she o angry angry angry
Re: Majek Fashek Chained In His Home Over Deteriorating Mental Health by yuzedo: 11:46am On Feb 05, 2013
Holy Spirit (5:34) please Send Down The Rain (5:16) cry cry cry
Majek Fashek - Spirit of Love (1991) sad
Re: Majek Fashek Chained In His Home Over Deteriorating Mental Health by angelz(f): 11:46am On Feb 05, 2013
Its rather un4tunate. l love his music, anytime l listen 2 it now n pic d present Majek Fashek, its like opposite world. l dont think he has chldren. Was he ever married?
Re: Majek Fashek Chained In His Home Over Deteriorating Mental Health by Nezan(m): 11:47am On Feb 05, 2013
Instead of lamenting his condition and chaining him, methink his fellow musicians should come together and find a way of rehabilitating him rather than making fun of his unfortunate situation.

10 Likes

Re: Majek Fashek Chained In His Home Over Deteriorating Mental Health by siakadejoh(m): 11:47am On Feb 05, 2013
Dis would be lesson 2 Odaz dat re drugs addict. They should decist 4rm it.

1 Like

Re: Majek Fashek Chained In His Home Over Deteriorating Mental Health by Nobody: 11:48am On Feb 05, 2013
Met the dude at Club Royal in Ikeja last year Dec some days before Christmas, as I was about stepping out of the club, he brushed me with his shoulder, wanted to punch him, den too Dada hair peeps walking behind him like Mum,u asked me to free, dat he was gone(High)

It's so unfortunate when u see someone that once was a Celebrity to you, becoming a random person u dnt just send anymore
Re: Majek Fashek Chained In His Home Over Deteriorating Mental Health by baby124: 11:48am On Feb 05, 2013
What a hot guy before! Men, the lagos state government should intervene and get him free help at yaba. Why would they chain him? Kai! May we not use our hands and vices to cause our downfall.

1 Like

Re: Majek Fashek Chained In His Home Over Deteriorating Mental Health by Nobody: 11:48am On Feb 05, 2013
Drugs not Good
Re: Majek Fashek Chained In His Home Over Deteriorating Mental Health by faporori24: 11:49am On Feb 05, 2013
I dont want to comment ......loading......Damm i just did.
Re: Majek Fashek Chained In His Home Over Deteriorating Mental Health by wasiudvd(m): 11:49am On Feb 05, 2013
Majekodunmi don enter am!
Next time he no go talk about d'banj. All is kolomental wey dey hidden b4 go dey make front page steady. grin
Re: Majek Fashek Chained In His Home Over Deteriorating Mental Health by theplanmaker: 11:50am On Feb 05, 2013
I will smoke nd smoke til i scather ma head am not scared if am dead casket b lyk bed, and if at all say 2moro i go i knw many people when go lyk follow me o...............majek fashek.
Re: Majek Fashek Chained In His Home Over Deteriorating Mental Health by Asis(m): 11:52am On Feb 05, 2013
Chai this is sad,God help..
Re: Majek Fashek Chained In His Home Over Deteriorating Mental Health by Asis(m): 11:54am On Feb 05, 2013
P.U.S.H:
Drugs not Good
yea and yet,many preach otherwise,de wld nevr learn..
Re: Majek Fashek Chained In His Home Over Deteriorating Mental Health by ifeomabernard(f): 11:56am On Feb 05, 2013
who is this guy
Re: Majek Fashek Chained In His Home Over Deteriorating Mental Health by Asis(m): 11:56am On Feb 05, 2013
baby_123: What a hot guy before! Men, the lagos state government should intervene and get him free help at yaba. Why would they chain him? Kai! May we not use our hands and vices to cause our downfall.
Amenn!
Re: Majek Fashek Chained In His Home Over Deteriorating Mental Health by Libkid(m): 11:57am On Feb 05, 2013
E don reach dis level.d family no get respect at all
Re: Majek Fashek Chained In His Home Over Deteriorating Mental Health by sosodevf(m): 11:58am On Feb 05, 2013
Were re is colleagues in D music industry, Jst 1 guy alone can make D difference. Its time 4 dat turtle davido 2 Brag abt his crazy ass money.

1 Like

Re: Majek Fashek Chained In His Home Over Deteriorating Mental Health by theripper2: 12:02pm On Feb 05, 2013
Crack is wack.

1 Like

Re: Majek Fashek Chained In His Home Over Deteriorating Mental Health by kingblosky: 12:02pm On Feb 05, 2013
wasiudvd: Majekodunmi don enter am!
Next time he no go talk about d'banj. All is kolomental wey dey hidden b4 go dey make front page steady. grin
Wasiu the DVD seller.. You win the award for the biggest EWU HAUSA on Nairaland. What on earth are you saying ?. Infact your turn is coming; I see the over dose of IGBO in your comment. Rubbish. Oh Lord send down the rain and heal Majek.
Re: Majek Fashek Chained In His Home Over Deteriorating Mental Health by sushieater: 12:05pm On Feb 05, 2013
you see, that's exactly why i avoided the COKE game and went with sprite instead

1 Like

Re: Majek Fashek Chained In His Home Over Deteriorating Mental Health by 5much(m): 12:05pm On Feb 05, 2013
this is pathetic
Re: Majek Fashek Chained In His Home Over Deteriorating Mental Health by dazzy4real(m): 12:12pm On Feb 05, 2013
chai.... how can somebody do this to himself.....u kill urself by urself.... n yet some pipul will not learn from this oo... a pathetic one i must say

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kiss Daniel Shares New Lovely Pictures / Blackface And Ice-Prince Back In The Days / Kate Henshaw Releases New Beautiful Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.