Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,791 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

6 Governors To Watch Eagles Against Mali - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 6 Governors To Watch Eagles Against Mali (15622 Views)

President Jonathan To Watch Eagles In Quarter-final / Nigeria Could Loose Against Mali / Nigeria Vs Mali (AFCON 2013) - (4 - 1) On 6th February 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Governors To Watch Eagles Against Mali by gulfer: 6:39am On Feb 05, 2013
Nigeria’s High Commissioner to South Africa, Sonni Samuel Yusuf walked taller Sunday when the Super Eagles sent Ivory Coast’s Elephants crashing out of the Nations Cup.

The High Commissioner who said that he was proud to be a Nigerian informed that about Six Governors in Nigeria called to congratulate him and to also inform him that they would be in South Africa to watch the semi final cracker against Mali on Wednesday in Durban.

“I’m particularly elated because nobody gave these boys any chance of survival against Cote d’Ivoire. God loves Nigeria and we should learn to believe in ourselves.

I am proud to be a Nigerian. Nigerians back home are happy and six Governors have called to inform that they will be watching their semi final match in Durban. It could be more but unfortunately my phone has gone off because the battery is down”.

The High Commissioner advised Nigerians not to be cynical against themselves. “We got potentials. Nothing is impossible if we believe in ourselves.

With Cote d’Ivoire out of our way, we must beat Mali. Let the bookmakers tip them to win on paper while we win on the field of play”, the youthful High Commissioner said.
These governors will never cease to amaze, with the myriad of problems bedeviling the country, they are set to embark on a jamboree to SA. One only hopes they do not infect the team with their ill-luck and create a distraction for the team.

16 Likes

Re: 6 Governors To Watch Eagles Against Mali by Itoroetti(m): 6:57am On Feb 05, 2013
This will motivates d players same way the presence of okocha,paw paw and papilo did.But I hope it won't requires billions.

3 Likes

Re: 6 Governors To Watch Eagles Against Mali by OkikiOluwa1(m): 6:59am On Feb 05, 2013
gulfer: .
op where's the source of this news?
If its true, Nigeria is a joke.
Re: 6 Governors To Watch Eagles Against Mali by Nobody: 7:07am On Feb 05, 2013
This ppl neva cease 2 amaze me. They jst use every oppoturnity 2 waste money

1 Like

Re: 6 Governors To Watch Eagles Against Mali by gulfer: 7:19am On Feb 05, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: op where's the source of this news?
If its true, Nigeria is a joke.
Here's the source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/02/6-governors-to-watch-eagles-against-mali/
Re: 6 Governors To Watch Eagles Against Mali by k2039: 7:36am On Feb 05, 2013
Itoroetti :
But I hope it won't requires billions.
Sure way to embezzle.

It goes a long way to show their priorities. Bad enough some states don't have a functional sport system.
Re: 6 Governors To Watch Eagles Against Mali by omicron(m): 7:37am On Feb 05, 2013
gulfer: These governors will never cease to amaze, with the myriad of problems bedeviling the country, they are set to embark on a jamboree to SA. One only hopes they do not infect the team with their ill-luck and create a distraction for the team.
So because they are governors, they can't watch Nigeria play even if they could....is that a crime?

4 Likes

Re: 6 Governors To Watch Eagles Against Mali by k2039: 7:39am On Feb 05, 2013
omicron: So because they are governors, they can't watch Nigeria play even if they could....is that a crime?
If Nigeria wins, I'm sure they will stay behind for the final match while other governor joins them. I wish they could release their expenses when they come back, I'm sure we will all wish they never went.

5 Likes

Re: 6 Governors To Watch Eagles Against Mali by omowolewa: 7:40am On Feb 05, 2013
I pray we won't be looking for black boxes after their departure. smiley smiley

Tax payers are not happy oo o!

1 Like

Re: 6 Governors To Watch Eagles Against Mali by iamswizz(m): 7:41am On Feb 05, 2013
Eagles will disappoint them.. Lol
Re: 6 Governors To Watch Eagles Against Mali by Libkid(m): 7:41am On Feb 05, 2013
An opportunity to thief money go kip 4 south africa bank and have some fun with some ladies btw i hope their wives gonna go with them unless...hmm

3 Likes

Re: 6 Governors To Watch Eagles Against Mali by Biggyd2: 7:41am On Feb 05, 2013
Are they using their salaries to fund the trip sha?

1 Like

Re: 6 Governors To Watch Eagles Against Mali by ITbomb(m): 7:41am On Feb 05, 2013
This may be counter productive as the Eagles may find themselves under pressure.
#WHATAWASTE

1 Like

Re: 6 Governors To Watch Eagles Against Mali by yemmight(m): 7:41am On Feb 05, 2013
Once again, they will go there with their bad luck and failures. They should just sit down and do what they were elected to do I beg

4 Likes

Re: 6 Governors To Watch Eagles Against Mali by Akshow: 7:42am On Feb 05, 2013
Them no get work to do for their state abi them de leave? Abeg make them no carry their badluck go make super eagle loss
Re: 6 Governors To Watch Eagles Against Mali by Nobody: 7:44am On Feb 05, 2013
I thought Mali was fighting war
Re: 6 Governors To Watch Eagles Against Mali by xreal: 7:46am On Feb 05, 2013
who was the Chairman of the committee that selected the 6 governors, and will arrange for their well-being in SA and so on?

... we should know how much billions of Naira will be spent on that.
Re: 6 Governors To Watch Eagles Against Mali by LagosBoi2(m): 7:50am On Feb 05, 2013
panel will pass the bill tomorrow, sure it will be billions...lol...naija i hail....too much money
Re: 6 Governors To Watch Eagles Against Mali by greall1: 7:51am On Feb 05, 2013
Another sytle of embezzle
Re: 6 Governors To Watch Eagles Against Mali by Nobody: 7:51am On Feb 05, 2013
Beware of those governors oh! Ah make those men no go oh!
Re: 6 Governors To Watch Eagles Against Mali by dridowu: 7:52am On Feb 05, 2013
Real Motive is Money Laundering not Super Eagles

1 Like

Re: 6 Governors To Watch Eagles Against Mali by sammmiey1: 7:53am On Feb 05, 2013
yemmight: Once again, they will go there with their bad luck and failures. They should just sit down and do what they were elected to do I beg
Six governors&still hoping for more?paradventure all the 36states gov will be in attendance!Nigeria can nvr seize 2amaze me..Does any1 knw maybe Jonathan wil be dia also
Re: 6 Governors To Watch Eagles Against Mali by greall1: 7:53am On Feb 05, 2013
Why not final there"s fire on the mountain
Re: 6 Governors To Watch Eagles Against Mali by samcarlos: 7:53am On Feb 05, 2013
These are all distractions!
They should just allow these boys
to play and win.
And to NFF can't believe they've booked
return flights prior to the quarter- final match
Re: 6 Governors To Watch Eagles Against Mali by talktrue1(m): 7:55am On Feb 05, 2013
Their going there will bring bad luck to SE because they will dilute the anointing from TB Joshua
Re: 6 Governors To Watch Eagles Against Mali by Nobody: 7:56am On Feb 05, 2013
I pray Boko Haram plants bombs under their seats. Useless fellows. Mtschewww!
Re: 6 Governors To Watch Eagles Against Mali by plainmirror(m): 7:56am On Feb 05, 2013
The high commissioner & τђё six governors d̶̲̥̅̊εγ MADT!! Naija jst won ivory coast,dem neva evn play semi final & dem d̶̲̥̅̊εγ plan a trip 2 south A. Dem go soon tel una hw many millions d̶̲̥̅̊εγ spent on τђё trip yet FG cudnt pay for #1.4m tv right......TUFIAKWA
Re: 6 Governors To Watch Eagles Against Mali by tunapawizzy: 7:56am On Feb 05, 2013
now they will go and use their badluck to affect these boiz
Re: 6 Governors To Watch Eagles Against Mali by ikmuan(m): 7:57am On Feb 05, 2013
It could be more but unfortunately my phone has gone off because the battery is down”. Nigerians! Always suffering frm low battery even High Commissioner. º°˚˚˚°ºнaĦaнaº°˚˚˚°º‎​=)). Ħ̀ǻ:Dħ̀ɐ̀=Dħ̀ǻ<=-Pħ̀ɐ̀=))ħ̀ǻ̀ I Lafº°˚cheesy cheesy ˚°º≈pourº°˚ ˚=D =)) °º≈moet forº°˚ ˚ºmy expensive Polo top°˚ ˚°º≈cheesy =))=Dlaffº˚˚°º≈wanº˚˚°º≈tearº˚˚°º≈myº˚˚°º≈belleº˚˚°º≈=))=D

1 Like

Re: 6 Governors To Watch Eagles Against Mali by Gabrielsylar(m): 7:58am On Feb 05, 2013
Its better if nigeria can even beg UK and SA to release ibori and okah to also watch the match
Re: 6 Governors To Watch Eagles Against Mali by Zackz: 7:58am On Feb 05, 2013
most of dem were not elected but imposed..HOpe Nyako is not
Re: 6 Governors To Watch Eagles Against Mali by hrmkz: 8:00am On Feb 05, 2013
Arrant Nonsense.

why is this country like this!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Videos Of Asisat Oshoala And Ngozi Okobi’s Amazing Goals In Europe Last Weekend / Bruno Fernandes Wins Premier League Player Of The Month For November / Coronavirus: UEFA Postpones Man City/Madrid, Juventus/Lyon Matches Indefinitely

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.