Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,029 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:00 PM

Microsoft Begging Sony For Xbox 360 Blu-ray Drive - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Microsoft Begging Sony For Xbox 360 Blu-ray Drive (1552 Views)

Best Site For Xbox 360 Games Iso Download / Selling Brand New FIFA 2013 For Xbox & PS3 For N11,000 / Blu-ray Movies For Your Ps3 (2) (3) (4)

Microsoft Begging Sony For Xbox 360 Blu-ray Drive by vowiski(m): 9:54am On Mar 09, 2008
Is it a coup for the ages? A Sony exec confirmed today that Microsoft has entered talks that could mean the creation of a Blu-Ray drive for the Xbox 360.
The blood on the doomed and discontinued Xbox 360 HD DVD drive is barely dry today, but nevertheless Microsoft is allegedly hard at work talking with Sony about a Blu-Ray replacement.

It should be noted that similar rumors have surfaced about a possible Xbox 360 Blu-Ray drive in the past, but it wasn't until today that they were given any kind of legitimacy. According to Engadget, Stan Glasgow, Sony Electronics US president, confirmed that "Sony is in talks with console rival Microsoft about offering a Blu-ray drive for the Xbox 360."

Also worthy of note: the gadget blog cautions this is the same Sony exec who's been promising an Apple Blu-Ray drive collaboration for quite some time without results.

There's little else to go on right now regarding this statement, including release dates, prices or even a confirmation from Microsoft, so let's not go planning any celebrations just yet, ok? You know who you are.

Re: Microsoft Begging Sony For Xbox 360 Blu-ray Drive by Neoteny(m): 12:39pm On Mar 09, 2008
vowiski:

,  Sony Electronics US president, confirmed that "Sony is in talks with console rival Microsoft about offering a Blu-ray drive for the Xbox 360."

seems more like sony begging to OFFER the darn things.

fanboy.
Re: Microsoft Begging Sony For Xbox 360 Blu-ray Drive by Frizy(m): 2:38pm On Mar 09, 2008
At present Microsoft denies switching the HD DVD to Blu ray, however, if they switch to Blu ray, believe me, it will only be for movies and not game play, it will be senseless to have different formats for one console. Some people are even saying Microsoft will start manufacturing Blu ray drive 360s like the PS3- this is a rumour, Microsoft won't fall so low.
Re: Microsoft Begging Sony For Xbox 360 Blu-ray Drive by vowiski(m): 7:49pm On Mar 09, 2008
Frizy:

At present Microsoft denies switching the HD DVD to Blu ray, however, if they switch to Blu ray, believe me, it will only be for movies and not game play, it will be senseless to have different formats for one console. Some people are even saying Microsoft will start manufacturing Blu ray drive 360s like the PS3- this is a rumour, Microsoft won't fall so low.
DUMB ASS DUDE.
you guys are not worth talkin to.
MICROSOFT can make bluray? huh? for where he one happen?
keep begging microsoft one day you will get heard.
SONY 4 LIFE
Re: Microsoft Begging Sony For Xbox 360 Blu-ray Drive by texazzpete(m): 7:20am On Mar 10, 2008
vowiski:

DUMB ASS DUDE.
SONY 4 LIFE

ANYONE can make a blu-ray player/drive if the required licenses are paid.
Sometimes, you talk as if Sony pays you to rant all about Blu-ray or PS3.
'Sony 4 life'? grin
Re: Microsoft Begging Sony For Xbox 360 Blu-ray Drive by Frizy(m): 4:07pm On Mar 10, 2008
vowiski:

DUMB ASS DUDE.
SONY 4 LIFE

@vowiski
I don't think you understood what I meant before you passed comment. Microsoft doesn't manufacture drives, the HD DVD for the 360 wasn't made by Microsoft either. What I mean is that the new xbox 360s will be having an internal Blu ray instead of the standard DVD and this is untrue. Nobody from Microsoft talks Blu ray for 360, and in fact we're not begging for it.

As far as am concerned, Xbox flaw PS3, that expensive, heavy, miserable looking machine. I know the basic reason why most Nigerians play PS is because of soccer, no more no less, with exception of a few.
Re: Microsoft Begging Sony For Xbox 360 Blu-ray Drive by Neoteny(m): 9:57am On Mar 11, 2008
some people just can't believe sony has been sunk by MS. they think sony will go on ruling the console world forever. the idea of a powerful albeit unappealing turkey is anathema to them. sadly its true, ps3 kind of sux.

and now the demise  of hd-dvd is a minor coup for them. poor sad folks, how many gamers bother buying the hd-dvd add-on? you can have your bluray, big deal, and we have xbox live. xbox360 still rox!

Xbox 360 4 life.
Re: Microsoft Begging Sony For Xbox 360 Blu-ray Drive by vowiski(m): 10:10am On Mar 11, 2008
dumb guys you are now being transfred to;
www.ign.com
www.gamesutra.com
www.gamespot.com
www.reuters.com
www.gamepro.com
etc etc etc
GO! SEE AND READ HOW MS IS DYING FOR BLURAY .lol
DUMB PUNK ASS PEEPS.
Re: Microsoft Begging Sony For Xbox 360 Blu-ray Drive by vowiski(m): 10:13am On Mar 11, 2008
too bad when you guys start playin xbox720 by 2010 we will still be enjoying our powerfull ps3 cos by that time ps3 would be utilized to it full powerfull potential.
MGS4 mwhan mwhan.
Re: Microsoft Begging Sony For Xbox 360 Blu-ray Drive by Neoteny(m): 11:25am On Mar 11, 2008
@vowiski

the only reason you'd be playing ps3 by 2010 is because sony will opt out of the console business, and you wont have ps 4 to buy. so you'll be stuck with that pidgeon you bought in 2007.

read this: "Microsoft has taken nearly half of 'to date' current-gen revenue across console, game and peripheral sales"   http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=184361

also read this: "No plans to bring Blu-ray tech to 360, says MS"   http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=184130

And to cap it all up: WE HAVE XNA!
Re: Microsoft Begging Sony For Xbox 360 Blu-ray Drive by texazzpete(m): 11:59am On Mar 11, 2008
vowiski:

too bad when you guys start playin xbox720 by 2010 we will still be enjoying our powerfull ps3 because by that time ps3 would be utilized to it full powerfull potential.
MGS4 mwhan mwhan.

Yeah. I'm sure you'll still be playing MGS 4 until 2010.
The truth is, by xmas this year your precious MGS 4 will be gathering dust in millions of households around the world.

Don't believe that hype about the Ps3's 'powerful potential'. There's little to separate the Ps3 and the Xbox 360 in terms of real-world performance.

vowiski:

dumb guys you are now being transfred to;
www.ign.com
www.gamesutra.com
www.gamespot.com
www.reuters.com
www.gamepro.com
etc etc etc
GO! SEE AND READ HOW MS IS DYING FOR BLURAY .lol
DUMB PUNK ASS PEEPS.

And raining insults on people intellectually superior to you makes you happy?
Provide a clear link to show how MS is 'dying' or 'desperately pleading' for Blu-ray if you really must make a point.
Re: Microsoft Begging Sony For Xbox 360 Blu-ray Drive by Nobody: 12:24pm On Mar 11, 2008
and the saga continues. . .

atari starts the video game industry, is up started by sega/nintendo, who are upstarted by sony who are being upstarted by Microsoft. . .who will upstart the borg? cry ? apple?
Re: Microsoft Begging Sony For Xbox 360 Blu-ray Drive by vowiski(m): 3:31pm On Mar 11, 2008
dude. playstation will get up to ps6.
and for you MGS4 hater wait till june12 and see for your self.
you xbot fans shouting xbox live watchout for HOME comming to playstation network in april,
Ps3 is far the most cheapest bluray machine.
listen;
ACCORDING TO HIDEO KOJIMA BLURAY'S 50gb space  IS TOO SMALL FOR MGS4( SO either  language would be incoperated instead of multiple) let alone 360'S DVD-DL which is about 25gb.lol
and why do you think most developers are now making ps3 their lead console over the 360?
and why did AIRFORCE HAVE TO BUY 300 PS3's?
because ps3's is far superior to any sevent gen console with 5% failure compared to +16% failure rate for xbox 360.
what  of the red ring in front of 360? lol. RROD. RED RING OF DEATH.
more? lol.
360 suck big time
new games like DMC4 AND BOURNOUT PARADISE are way better on ps3 than 360
more?
Re: Microsoft Begging Sony For Xbox 360 Blu-ray Drive by vowiski(m): 3:46pm On Mar 11, 2008
Check da links out!
[url=http://mobile.gamepro.com/htmlsite/html_article.php?id=2&CALL_URL=http://www.gamepro.com%2Fnews.cfm%3Farticle_id%3D166948] microsoft chief ballmer drops hd dvd demands bluray [/url]

[url=http://mobile.gamepro.com/htmlsite/html_article.php?id=2&CALL_URL=http://www.gamepro.com%2Fnews.cfm%3Farticle_id%3D166828] microsoft begging Sony for xbox 360 bluray drive [/url]

[url=http://mobile.gamepro.com/htmlsite/html_article.php?id=&CALL_URL=http://www.gamepro.com%2Fnews.cfm%3Farticle_id%3D167588] analyst; ps3 will kill xbox 360 in japan by year end. [/url]
Re: Microsoft Begging Sony For Xbox 360 Blu-ray Drive by Neoteny(m): 5:43pm On Mar 11, 2008
@vowiski

i cant make up my mind whether you are high on something, work hard at being stupid, or are a naturally-occuring dolt. whatever the case, your postings are slightly north of gibberish.

MGS4 is the killer game of ps3, then? poor you, while we await gears of war 2, mass effect 2, and tons of other gr8 games, you put all your hopes on ONE GAME.

sod.

playstation network can never match live. all they'll do is rip off some of the innovations and ideas of live and yet you proclaim it with such fanfare.

so what if the airforce bought 300 ps3s? they bought them for the cell chips, not because the entire airforce brood is taking to gaming. the ps3 console is already used for distributed computing in clusters in SETI@home and FOLDING@home. so what? thats not what we buy consoles for.

let the airfoce, marines, delta force, rangers and the gaddam coast guard buy a bajillion ps3s. that means its a good RESEARCH tool. but that wont make it a superior GAMING machine to the xbox360.
Re: Microsoft Begging Sony For Xbox 360 Blu-ray Drive by texazzpete(m): 5:47pm On Mar 11, 2008
vowiski:

Check da links out!
[url=http://mobile.gamepro.com/htmlsite/html_article.php?id=2&CALL_URL=http://www.gamepro.com%2Fnews.cfm%3Farticle_id%3D166948] microsoft chief ballmer drops hd dvd demands bluray [/url]

[url=http://mobile.gamepro.com/htmlsite/html_article.php?id=2&CALL_URL=http://www.gamepro.com%2Fnews.cfm%3Farticle_id%3D166828] microsoft begging Sony for xbox 360 bluray drive [/url]

[url=http://mobile.gamepro.com/htmlsite/html_article.php?id=&CALL_URL=http://www.gamepro.com%2Fnews.cfm%3Farticle_id%3D167588] analyst; ps3 will kill xbox 360 in japan by year end. [/url]

So you're basically using one blogger's opinions as the cornerstone for your own opinions?
Notice how your 'sources' have failed to quote ANY microsoft representative using words that indicate the 'begging' you're so vocally touting.

vowiski:

dude. playstation will get up to ps6.
and for you MGS4 hater wait till june12 and see for your self.
you xbot fans shouting xbox live watchout for HOME comming to playstation network in april,
Ps3 is far the most cheapest bluray machine.
listen;
ACCORDING TO HIDEO KOJIMA BLURAY'S 50gb space  IS TOO SMALL FOR MGS4( SO either  language would be incoperated instead of multiple) let alone 360'S DVD-DL which is about 25gb.lol
and why do you think most developers are now making ps3 their lead console over the 360?
and why did AIRFORCE HAVE TO BUY 300 PS3's?
because ps3's is far superior to any sevent gen console with 5% failure compared to +16% failure rate for xbox 360.
what  of the red ring in front of 360? lol. RROD. RED RING OF DEATH.
more? lol.
360 suck big time
new games like DMC4 AND BOURNOUT PARADISE are way better on ps3 than 360
more?

Vowiski. Grow up.
There are loads better games on Xbox 360 than on PS3 at the moment. you keep blabbing on about MGS 4, but it's just ONE game. You'll buy it, finish it and then it'll gather dust. So what?
The Xbox Live experience transcends just logging on to play games. it's a seamless, easy to use community and it's far better than what Sony has to offer for now. We don't know how Home's gonna turn out to be, it could be just another buggy mess, or just written off as a gimmick.
Blu-ray, eh?
At least MS has the sense to include not only a headset but a component cable for hi-def graphics. Million sof Ps3 owners had to shell out tens of dollar to buy either a component or HDMI cable (90% of naija ps3 gamers still don't have hi-def cables). Also your precious Sony didn't give you any headset, so prepare to buy another one to use with Home.
Re: Microsoft Begging Sony For Xbox 360 Blu-ray Drive by texazzpete(m): 5:49pm On Mar 11, 2008
@vowiski
Finally, i've got a playstation 3, an Xbox 360 and a Nintendo Wii. Unlike you i can easily afford all three, and any game i choose to buy on any system.
Yes, i'll buy MGS 4 when it comes out. But when i end it, it'll gather dust or be sold off ASAP. I, unlike you, have a busy life.
Re: Microsoft Begging Sony For Xbox 360 Blu-ray Drive by vowiski(m): 5:58pm On Mar 11, 2008
@texepette,
keep fooling around.
xbox live you pay for it. but ma PSN is free free free.
@neoteny.
giving up so easily?
i also ve wii, ps3, ps2, psp.
thou i had ma 360 before ma ps3 but discared it as soon ma ps3 machine was released.
for your info;
ps3 outsold 360 again in febuary. lol.
A comeback for Sony.
cheers.
Re: Microsoft Begging Sony For Xbox 360 Blu-ray Drive by vowiski(m): 6:18pm On Mar 11, 2008
listen;
the price diffence btw 360 and ps3 is about $55.
paying $50 anually to xbox live is even more dumb! compared to PSN which is absolutely free is more economical.
guess what.
a new 80gb bundle with MGS4 and a dualshock 3 would be available verry soon.
also MGS4 Online beta commencing soon 4 those who pre ordered and thank GOD i am one of them.
cheers!
more?
Re: Microsoft Begging Sony For Xbox 360 Blu-ray Drive by texazzpete(m): 10:35am On Mar 12, 2008
@vowiski
I really think you're lying about ever having an xbox 360. IF you did, you'd have long seen there's barely a discernible difference in graphics between games on both consoles.
Since you've often sneered at AAA xbox 360 titles like Gears of War and Halo 3, i guess if you ever had a 360 you were playing games like Frogger and table TEnnis.

PSN network free, eh? good.
Now, how much did you pay for your HDMI cable? Come on! Confess!
Also, have you finally paid for a high-quality headset yet? Unless you wanna be known as 'silent dude' on home
Re: Microsoft Begging Sony For Xbox 360 Blu-ray Drive by vowiski(m): 12:28pm On Mar 12, 2008
grow up.? huh? lol.
pls dont be sentimental.
can you compare ps3 ist year games with 360 1st year games?
lol, go check out things for ur self.
ve played halo3 nd GOW.
they re cool but i prefer MGS's 

peace!!!
cheers!
Re: Microsoft Begging Sony For Xbox 360 Blu-ray Drive by vowiski(m): 12:51pm On Mar 12, 2008
there is no doubt that this is da year of ps3.
check out some of the exclusives.
MGS4
FFXII
LOST BIG PLANET
RESISTANCE 2
KILLZONE 2
SOCOM; confrontation.
TIME CRISES 4
GRAN TORISMO 5
WARHAWK
TEKEN 6
MLB
NIJA GAIDEN SIGMA
NBA08
THE GETAWAY 3
etc etc
only MGS4 huh?
no games huh? lol
more!!!?
Re: Microsoft Begging Sony For Xbox 360 Blu-ray Drive by texazzpete(m): 4:59pm On Mar 12, 2008
The only standout game of what you mentioned is MGS 4 and Gran Turismo.
It's a sign of how silly you are that you mention Ninja Gaiden Black that came out last year as a PS3 killer, when it's just a remake of a 3 year game. Ninja Gaiden 2 comes out on 360 this year.
Square Enix has hinted heavily that Final Fantasy will see a release on 360 also. tekken 6 may not be an exclusive after all.

360 has as exclusives

Gears of War 2
fable 2
Ninja Gaiden 2
Alan Wake

Finally, you do realize that MGS 4 is a single player game, right? Finish it 3 - 4 times, and that's it. Gears of War 1 can be played single player, co-operative 2 player online, online deathmatch, etc. Ditto for Halo 3.
360 owners can and will still be playing Halo 3 for the next 2 years. MGS 4 owners will be trading it in few months after.
Re: Microsoft Begging Sony For Xbox 360 Blu-ray Drive by vowiski(m): 6:02pm On Mar 12, 2008
FFXIII on 360? huh? lol
keep dreaming. lmao.
wait what hapened to oblivion?.
listen
GOW2, HALO3 etc re comming 2 PC.
watch out!

HOW ABOUT HAZE; ?
no games huh? continue dreaming!

DRIVER 5 also comming soon!
GO! sony, its in you.
Re: Microsoft Begging Sony For Xbox 360 Blu-ray Drive by Bawss1(m): 9:51pm On Mar 12, 2008
Interesting. . . If only y'all would do away with the insults and keep this on an intellectual level smiley

While I'm a PS3 fanboy I must admit that there are not as many games out there on the PS3 as the X360's. And I think TP has a point, cos there really not much of a difference btw the grahics of the two consoles. But who knows future PS3 games could possibly harness all that processing juice at its disposal to turn things around.
Re: Microsoft Begging Sony For Xbox 360 Blu-ray Drive by texazzpete(m): 9:05am On Mar 13, 2008
@Bawss1
Forget that 'all that processing juice' hype that Sony has been spitting out. The way games look is largely dependent of the GPU, and in this regard the 360 is an even match for the PS3.

@vowiski
Oblivion is on the 360. in fact, it came out on the 360 way before the PS3 version.
Haze is nowhere near an AAA title, based on early previews. In fact, the game had to be delayed to improve it's quality.
The Driver series have been awful since Driver 2. Why should anyone care about spending $60 on Driver 5?

GDC08: Square Enix unveils Crystal Tools engine

Square Enix's Taku Murata of the GM, Research and Development Division spoke to a completely packed audience at GDC this year. In a session entitled "The Technology of Final Fantasy," Murata explained the new technical direction of the company for the new generation of gaming platforms. "This is the first time Square Enix has made a technology platform that could be used across the entire company."

The platforms being targeted are PS3, Xbox 360 and Windows PC, although he noted that "some of our technologies support Wii. It's not 100% yet, so that's why I didn't put it up [on the slide] yet." He noted that in the past, Square Enix has made games specifically for one platform. However, that's not what they're interested in pursuing in the future. "In the past that approach, that worked and at the time I believe that was the right approach."

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/02/22/gdc08-square-enix-unveils-crystal-tools-engine/

it's not definite, but it's a start.
Re: Microsoft Begging Sony For Xbox 360 Blu-ray Drive by vowiski(m): 8:26pm On Mar 15, 2008
DRIVER Sucked.
yeah i completely agree.
reason; ATARI was the bleeped developers.

but NOW UBI SOFT is developer of DRIVER 5 exclusively for the PS3
Re: Microsoft Begging Sony For Xbox 360 Blu-ray Drive by vowiski(m): 8:34pm On Mar 15, 2008
MGS4 A single player?
yeah! that"s true.
but don't forget, METAL GEAR SOLID ONLINE.!!! (multipLayer)
HIDEO KOJIMA - respect man.
cheers!

Xbox One S Purchase / (CLOSED) / Get In Here: Slither.io

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62