Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,071 members, 7,849,340 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 06:57 PM

He Caught Her Romancing His Best Friend And Killed Her - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / He Caught Her Romancing His Best Friend And Killed Her (1301 Views)

Policeman Kills girlfriend For Sleeping With His best Friend / ‘My Wife Committed Suicide Because I Caught Her Cheating' - Suspect / Woman Commits Suicide After Son Caught Her In Bed, Sexing Co-Worker (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Caught Her Romancing His Best Friend And Killed Her by blacklion(m): 2:24pm On Mar 09, 2008
Acid bath:Sad end of ‘unfaithful wife’

I caught her romancing my best friend and killed her, Husband
Written by SIMON EBEGBULEM
Sunday, 09 March 2008
The Vanguard

He bathed his estranged wife of over fifteen years with acid on January 5, because he allegedly caught her romancing with his best friend, in their matrimonial home. Though Mr. Alex Ojegba is full of regrets today for his action, he still blames the deceased wife for the ugly incident. He had in the early hours of that fateful day poured undiluted acid on the wife at number 20, Owena Street, Ekenwan Road Benin City where they resided with their two children. But following a tip off from relatives of the deceased, he was arrested a month later by men of Ogida Police Station. When Sunday Vanguard spoke to the suspect at Edo State Police Command, last Tuesday, he confessed that his deceased wife, Esther Oghali Ojiegba, who died a month after the acid bath, had been unfaithful to him since he got married to her. He prayed God to forgive him his sin and said he would plead for leniency in court so that he would not be hanged for the heinous act. Sunday Vanguard spoke exclusively to the suspect at the Edo State Police Command.

Excerpts:

WHAT do you do for a living?
I trade in provisions.

You were alleged to have killed your wife. How did it happen?
I met my wife when she was very young. The family members knew I was going out with her and later on she got pregnant for me. She gave birth to the child and we called him Efe. But after some time, she said she was going to Benin, because we were staying at the village. But I told her that, that was not our arrangement, that we planned that we were going to save money so that while I would be trading in the village, she would be doing the same in Benin because, as it was then, we were yet to save money that could open a shop for her in Benin. But she insisted that she would go, that she had met somebody who was going to help her, I reluctantly said okay.
Before I knew what happening, she had already gone to Benin. The next thing I heard was that she was going out with another man and that she had a baby girl called Rita for the man. This was in 1999. That period, I always went there to see my son, Efe. I did not go to their house directly, I always saw my son at the home of one of their relatives. So around 2005, she came to the village with my son to see me. I was very happy because I had not seen my son for years. So I entertained them when my friends and other well wishers stormed my house to see my son. After they ate, my wife now told me that there was something that she would like to tell me.

I told her that I thought she only came to show me my son, but I told her to feel free to tell me what brought her to me. So she narrated to me that the man she married died, that the man was a drunkard and died after he fell ill. So she wanted to come back to me so that we could live as husband and wife again. But I told her that she had to tell her family members and that I will also consult with my own family. After I consulted my own family members, they advised me to forgive her, that such things happen sometimes.

So I went to Lagos with her to see one of her aunties. After that, we went to see her father and her elder brother and then we started staying together. We enjoyed a cordial relationship, no problem at all. But after some time, her behaviour changed. At times, when we closed our shop at about 10 p.m., she would tell me that she was coming and I would not see her again till the following morning. She would come back to tell me that she went some where with her friend who was a neighbour. The problem was that each time I queried her, she would start shouting at me. So I went to report to her elder brother who assured me that he would invite her so that he could talk to her. Infact the situation became worse, we no longer talked to each other.

Why I bathed her with acid:
I suffered for this woman and if not for me she would have died a long time ago. We had a site that we were developing. Though she was the one bringing the money for the building, I was the one supervising it. But, unknown to me, the engineer working with us, who is my good friend, was sleeping with her. Because the engineer is my friend, there is no way I would have suspected both of them.

How did you catch them?
The first day I noticed something was going on was the day I went to her store, I met both of them eating rice together but because he is my good friend I did not suspect them, I only greeted them and went away. The second time, I travelled to the village because I normally travel every Friday to come back on Sunday. When I was leaving that day, I told her that I would be coming on Sunday but when I got to the village, what I was supposed to handle was not ready; so I had to come back on Saturday. That Saturday, at about 12 p.m., I got to Benin and went to the store straight. I saw my son and asked after his mother, he told me she had gone home and I went home.

Romancing with engineer

When I got home, I saw my wife and the engineer romancing in my room. I was shocked. I asked my friend, Heavy D (the engineer), why are you doing this? He said that they were just playing. But I was really annoyed with my wife. I asked her why she was doing this; she started shouting at me as usual.

The one that made me mad was the day she forgot her phone at home and I was in the house. Her phone started ringing and I picked the call, I asked who was it and he identified himself as Heavy D. He said he wanted to talk to my wife and I told him my wife was not at home. I told him to talk to me but he refused to talk to me. So I told him to call in ten minutes time. When he called back, I had to change my voice like that of my wife and he told me to come and meet him at Onion Guest House where they normally met. After our discussion, I went to see my wife, dropped her phone with her and went to the Onion Guest House.

When I dropped from the bike that took me there, I saw the man coming and he shunned me as if he did not know me. I became angry. I went to see one of her brothers called Godwin and told him what the sister was doing. He told me that he was aware, that he had been hearing several stories about my wife, that it was for this sort of thing that they bathed people with acid. I now asked him where I could get acid. He told me that it was not difficult to get, that he would assist me get the acid. He bought the acid and I went home with it and bathed her with it.

Where is the Godwin now?
He is in Oko Prisons. I asked my wife why was it that even when she was wrong, she would not accept mistakes and change. She said that I should get out of her sight, that she had told me before that I would die. That is why I became very angry and poured the acid on her.

Any regrets.
I actually did it out of provocation but I am regretting my action now. I will plead for leniency.

Alex Ojiegba, allegedly killed the wife out of provocation

http://www.vanguardngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4307&Itemid=42
Re: He Caught Her Romancing His Best Friend And Killed Her by TOYOSI20(f): 4:17pm On Mar 09, 2008
shocked shocked
Re: He Caught Her Romancing His Best Friend And Killed Her by tRoOE(f): 4:29pm On Mar 09, 2008
I fair Nigerian men shocked shocked shocked they have too many hot tempers

How can you pour full acid on your wife just because you got her cheating, next thing they will start claiming it's the work of the devil

Re: He Caught Her Romancing His Best Friend And Killed Her by TheSly: 4:33pm On Mar 09, 2008
Owl!. . embarassed cry
Re: He Caught Her Romancing His Best Friend And Killed Her by Nobody: 4:48pm On Mar 09, 2008
If more women were also pouring acid on men, I am sure they'd think twice before cheating. cheesy
Re: He Caught Her Romancing His Best Friend And Killed Her by blacklion(m): 5:07pm On Mar 09, 2008
michelin89:
If more
women were also pouring acid on men, I am sure they'd think twice before cheating. cheesy

Y'all much too young to know this but the whole acid pouring business was actually started by naija WOMEN in Warri way back in the mid-1980s. Back then they poured acid on their cheating/love rat boyfriends and/or their female love rivals. Men copied the idea and transported it to Lagos and other parts.
Re: He Caught Her Romancing His Best Friend And Killed Her by vampire(m): 10:43pm On Mar 09, 2008
pls where van i get Acid to buy??

Re: He Caught Her Romancing His Best Friend And Killed Her by ifyalways(f): 11:32pm On Mar 09, 2008
@post if he had walked out on the relationship/marriage when things turned sour it wud have saved him all this stress now sad .one more reason to walk out when things go sour and irredeemable.
Re: He Caught Her Romancing His Best Friend And Killed Her by subice(m): 9:09pm On Mar 11, 2008
blacklion:

I went to see one of her brothers called Godwin and told him what the sister was doing. He told me that he was aware, that he had been hearing several stories about my wife, that it was for this sort of thing that they bathed people with acid. I now asked him where I could get acid. He told me that it was not difficult to get, that he would assist me get the acid. He bought the acid and I went home with it and bathed her with it.

What sort of brother is that?
Re: He Caught Her Romancing His Best Friend And Killed Her by efuah(f): 10:33am On Mar 12, 2008
I wonder why some folks think partners are properties. . . daft man wt dead brain cells!
Re: He Caught Her Romancing His Best Friend And Killed Her by almondjoy(f): 4:40pm On Mar 12, 2008
efuah:

I wonder why some folks think[b] partners are properties[/b]. . . daft man wt dead brain cells!

Well spoken! No one is worth all that aggravation. Now see where it all ended? Nowhere! That what happens when you are married without privileges including freedom. Some marriages are worse than living in GITMO!

Long hisssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!
Re: He Caught Her Romancing His Best Friend And Killed Her by Nobody: 5:16pm On Oct 09, 2008
na waaaooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!
Re: He Caught Her Romancing His Best Friend And Killed Her by sylve11: 4:47pm On Dec 22, 2008
blacklion:

Y'all much too young to know this but the whole acid pouring business was actually started by naija WOMEN in Warri way back in the mid-1980s. Back then they poured acid on their cheating/love rat boyfriends and/or their female love rivals. Men copied the idea and transported it to Lagos and other parts.

Nice talk.

(1) (Reply)

. / Photo-carpenter Brutally Beats Up Professor / Faint Pictures Of Gunmen That Attacked Lekki Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.