Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,095 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

Player To Player Comparison. Nigeria Vs CIV. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Player To Player Comparison. Nigeria Vs CIV. (700 Views)

Sunday Final Predictions!!!: Ghana Vs CIV / Nigeria Vs Sudan: Afcon Qualifiers (3 - 1) On 15th October 2014 / Nigeria Vs Cote D' Ivoire (4-5): AFCON U-17 Final *Full Time* CIV Win By PKs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Player To Player Comparison. Nigeria Vs CIV. by SamMilla1(m): 11:15pm On Feb 05, 2013
I analysed the players that played the game between Nigeria and Ivory Coast, compared them wing to wing and concluded that the Ivoriens are not really super team ans we all believe. I believe we judge these players based on what they have done instead of what they are doing now at their various clubs.

Lets do the comparisons.
1- The goal keepers.

I dont know about you but i will personally chose Vincent Enyeama ahead of boubacar Barry anyday. Barry plays for Lokeren Belgium and cannot be compared with Enyeama who have been to many Champions league clubs.

2- the Right backs. Ambrose plays for Celtic as a regular. Celtic is in the Uefa Champions League last 16. That means something. For CIV, Eboue plays for Galatas. in Turkish leauge. A team that has been struggling to cut it in Europe. He was good at Arsenal but he is old now. Football requires a lot of Energy.. I rate Ambrose higher.

3- Left back. Who do we have here for CIV, Tienne and Boka. While Boka is old and out of shape, Tienne is good. Plays for PSG, though not a regular but Echiejile played every game for Braga in he Champions league. He is the undisputed no 3 and since he stopped Taiwo from participating at the afcon, he must ne good. I rate them equally here.

4 - holding midfielders. Here we have Mikel, I believe Nigeria played him as a holding midfielder against CIV. That is where yu get Tiote. Tiote is agood but Mikel is better at holding. Tiote may be a hard tackler but Mikel owns up to his own style of tackling. So we are better there too.

Yaya Toure, I believe was played out of position against Nigeria. He is good, strong and quick. He is prolly better than Mba and Onazi, so i rate them higher here.

Drogba, i told a friend that Ivoriens will not win if they played drogba and i was right. This guy, no matter his name and experience, is old for an attacker. An attacker should be between 20 and 30. Anything higher is not it for me. As an attacker, you need to be strong, fast and ready to take risks. We can agree that Drogna cant sprint like Emenike or Victor Moses now. He plays in China where competition is not strong. He is almost like Yakubu, only that he made a name in the past. I will buy Emenike over Drogba anyday if i am a manager. His playing days should be over .

Gervinho, a good player but Ideye is also a good one. Gervinho in Arsen is watched more than Ideye, emenike and musa but they are as good as him if you check records.

Zokora at full back is old too and should be hanging up. on the other hand, Oboabona and Omeruo are upcoming and strong.
My point is that Super Eagles should win the Ivoriens with what they each parade now.

(1) (Reply)

So Touching: Goldie's Husband's Tribute to her / QPR Loic Remy Arrested In Gang Rape Scandal / Nigeria Vs Uruguay - The Game. The Stakes. The Stat. The Word!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.