Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,776 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Women In Paris Are Allowed To Wear Trousers - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Women In Paris Are Allowed To Wear Trousers (14821 Views)

"Why We Prefer Trousers To Skirts" – FCT Ladies / Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] / Girls' New Dress Code: Wear Your Trousers To Show Your Underpants! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women In Paris Are Allowed To Wear Trousers by Tayothinks: 10:42am On Feb 06, 2013
A 200-year-old law forbidding women to wear trousers in Paris has finally been revoked.
By Devorah Lauter, Paris3:32PM GMT 03 Feb 2013

On January 31, Najat Vallaud-Belkacem, France's minister of women's rights, made it officially impossible to arrest a woman for wearing trousers in the French capital.
The law required women to ask police for special permission to "dress as men" in Paris, or risk being taken into custody.
In 1892 and 1909 the rule was amended to allow women to wear trousers, "if the woman is holding a bicycle handlebar or the reins of a horse."
The law was kept in place until now, despite repeated attempts to repeal it, in part because officials said the unenforced rule was not a priority, and part of French "legal archaeology."
In July however, in a public request directed at Ms Vallaud-Belkacem, Alain Houpert, a senator and member of the conservative UMP party, said the "symbolic importance" of the law "could injure our modern sensibilities," and he asked the minister to repeal it.

SOURCE: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/9845545/Women-in-Paris-finally-allowed-to-wear-trousers.html

Re: Women In Paris Are Allowed To Wear Trousers by Nobody: 11:17am On Feb 06, 2013
Woah! Never knew it was against the law for women to wear trousers in Paris until now.
Re: Women In Paris Are Allowed To Wear Trousers by ludasam222(m): 11:57am On Feb 06, 2013
Tank God ...finaly ma galfrnd is coming with me.....
Re: Women In Paris Are Allowed To Wear Trousers by enyieuna: 11:58am On Feb 06, 2013
nice one that's a welcome development
Re: Women In Paris Are Allowed To Wear Trousers by luc26(f): 11:59am On Feb 06, 2013
Wooowww so wat ve dey bin wearing all dis while Dey rili missed a lot oooo*winks*

1 Like

Re: Women In Paris Are Allowed To Wear Trousers by ksam(m): 11:59am On Feb 06, 2013
Am going back to Paris
Re: Women In Paris Are Allowed To Wear Trousers by Nobody: 12:01pm On Feb 06, 2013
luc26: Wooowww so wat ve dey bin wearing all dis while Dey rili missed a lot oooo*winks*
what did they miss exactly undecided

3 Likes

Re: Women In Paris Are Allowed To Wear Trousers by Lakayana: 12:01pm On Feb 06, 2013
What a law never knew it existed
Re: Women In Paris Are Allowed To Wear Trousers by lafuria1(m): 12:02pm On Feb 06, 2013
so such a law exist in France, intresting that the media didnt make it an issue like women not driving cars in saudi arabia. and no female activist in france all this years? hmm

7 Likes

Re: Women In Paris Are Allowed To Wear Trousers by honeric01(m): 12:03pm On Feb 06, 2013
An what difference would this make to women?
Re: Women In Paris Are Allowed To Wear Trousers by honeric01(m): 12:04pm On Feb 06, 2013
la furia: so such a law exist in France, intresting that the media didnt make it an issue like women not driving cars in saudi arabia. and no female activist in france all this years? hmm

It's not in the Arab world, if it was, it would have been in the news for decades grin

1 Like

Re: Women In Paris Are Allowed To Wear Trousers by Asis(m): 12:04pm On Feb 06, 2013
Only trousers hw about pant,I nor fit shout...
Re: Women In Paris Are Allowed To Wear Trousers by emmyid(m): 12:05pm On Feb 06, 2013
BON! BON!! GOOD!!! My female siblings can now visit me in paris..wao..so bon indeed
Re: Women In Paris Are Allowed To Wear Trousers by SamMilla1(m): 12:05pm On Feb 06, 2013
I lived a few months in Paris between 2009-10. Women wear trousers even black women and Arabs.

1 Like

Re: Women In Paris Are Allowed To Wear Trousers by kheart(m): 12:06pm On Feb 06, 2013
Sharia in paris? Op re u sure it is nt parsia (iran)
Re: Women In Paris Are Allowed To Wear Trousers by honeric01(m): 12:06pm On Feb 06, 2013
emmyid: BON! BON!! GOOD!!! My female siblings can now visit me in paris..wao..so bon indeed

You mean your female siblings are allergic to wearing skirt or gown?
Re: Women In Paris Are Allowed To Wear Trousers by Akshow: 12:07pm On Feb 06, 2013
such a sexist and chauvinistic law even in france? i'm shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Women In Paris Are Allowed To Wear Trousers by neksummi(m): 12:08pm On Feb 06, 2013
Is this good news?

1 Like

Re: Women In Paris Are Allowed To Wear Trousers by pboiskinpy(m): 12:09pm On Feb 06, 2013
Welcome to the world PAris!!!

#uwa n'achozi ikpu ooo!!!
Re: Women In Paris Are Allowed To Wear Trousers by Nobody: 12:10pm On Feb 06, 2013
.@topic must be another Paris cheesy grin
The one I know is full of ladies with trousers.
Re: Women In Paris Are Allowed To Wear Trousers by Nobody: 12:10pm On Feb 06, 2013
Whoa! I never knew women don't wear trousers in Paris before now. *surprised*
Re: Women In Paris Are Allowed To Wear Trousers by OluEmmaAss: 12:12pm On Feb 06, 2013
Never knew France was so backward. Good dev though.
Re: Women In Paris Are Allowed To Wear Trousers by queensmith: 12:16pm On Feb 06, 2013
this is hard to believe, I've only been to paris in cold seasons and wore nothing but trousers!!

1 Like

Re: Women In Paris Are Allowed To Wear Trousers by dhardline(m): 12:18pm On Feb 06, 2013
They certainly helped alot of women make heaven but now the amount of women going to hell from paris will increase. grin

3 Likes

Re: Women In Paris Are Allowed To Wear Trousers by rosamaris: 12:18pm On Feb 06, 2013
Paris of all places? This sounds like a surprise to me oooo. Ok sha.
Re: Women In Paris Are Allowed To Wear Trousers by emmyid(m): 12:20pm On Feb 06, 2013
[quote author=honeric01]

You mean your female siblings are allergic to wearing skirt or gown? [4 God sake they are not Nuns, trouser is like a blessing 2 showcasing their figure eight]
Re: Women In Paris Are Allowed To Wear Trousers by skak(m): 12:20pm On Feb 06, 2013
la furia: so such a law exist in France, intresting that the media didnt make it an issue like women not driving cars in saudi arabia. and no female activist in france all this years? hmm

these mainstreem medias are more interested on attarking Arab world while forgetting other side of the stories like this one
Re: Women In Paris Are Allowed To Wear Trousers by emmyid(m): 12:21pm On Feb 06, 2013
[quote author=honeric01]

You mean your female siblings are allergic to wearing skirt or gown? [4 God sake they are not Nuns, trouser is like a blessing which showcases their power hips]
Re: Women In Paris Are Allowed To Wear Trousers by Areaboy2(m): 12:21pm On Feb 06, 2013
Women wear trouser in Paris everyday. Hope this isn't the ONION news again? mtcheeww undecided
Re: Women In Paris Are Allowed To Wear Trousers by Redmosquito(m): 12:22pm On Feb 06, 2013
Tayothinks:
The law was kept in place until now, despite repeated attempts to repeal it, in part because officials said the unenforced rule was not a priority, and part of French "legal archaeology."

read bolded

1 Like

Re: Women In Paris Are Allowed To Wear Trousers by pure123: 12:26pm On Feb 06, 2013
WHEN WILL NIGERIAN MEN BE ALLOWED TO WEAR SKIRT?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

All NL Fashionistas:Accessorise Your Outfits / Brightening Cream And Soap Wanted, Pls Help!!! / Beauty Tips- Benefits Of Tomatoes For Your Skin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.