Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,987 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

I Never Crossed A Road In My Life. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Never Crossed A Road In My Life. (1050 Views)

PHOTO: Man Backs His Baby As He Walks Along A Major Road In Lagos / How Was Ur Reaction As You Crossed Over To 2014 / Help! My Hubby Is Married With Kids And I Never Knew! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Never Crossed A Road In My Life. by Nobody: 3:12pm On Feb 06, 2013
"I never crossed a road" This were the words that came out of a CU undergraduate during a chit chat with a friend of mine. He just met this young lady and they got a little more friendlier. So during one of their encounters, the girl declared to him that she never caused a road in her life. How can that be possible? Besides, there are roads withing her campus and I'm sure she crosses them. Maybe she meant a different kind of road. Perhaps the trunk A roads popularly known and the Express. Boy oh boy, what a spoilt brat that would be. And the story doesn't end there. She also declared how much she gets at the beginning of the session, #3 million pocket money she told my friend.

That was supposed to help her master the art of financial management. She's supposed to save as much as she can for her summer holidays each year so she spend the left over during the annual trip. My question now is, would you spoil your child to that level. I mean people can acquire wealth even beyond one's imagination but that don't mean you should train your children in such a way that they get everything they want. That too me is not the best way to raise a responsible child.

This is purely for discussion purposes so there's no need arguing if it's true or not.
Re: I Never Crossed A Road In My Life. by abiki(f): 3:19pm On Feb 06, 2013
Maybe she gets 3 million. Good. But to talk say she never cross road for her life, that's the biggest lie of the century.
Re: I Never Crossed A Road In My Life. by Burger01(m): 3:24pm On Feb 06, 2013
She never crossed a road... she never faced and scaled a hurdle..
Re: I Never Crossed A Road In My Life. by SisiKill1: 3:25pm On Feb 06, 2013
Not everyone is jaki or kare that will be crossing roads anyhow...where are you going, where are you coming from? Who send you message? cheesy

What one person considers spoiling is another person's chicken change. If you are worth billions then 3 million Naira is a drop in the bucket. 'Sides isn't it better to have her daddy providing for her than a sugar daddy?

Abi is not the same Naija where a man will be shakaraing a girl with "Am I your fada?" ehn ehn now that her father is doing the giving what is the lalakokofefe or are ya just pissed off she can look at anything you wanna offer and say "I'll take your teshere kobokobo and raise ya a million. ...or three" cheesy cheesy

She should carry go ojare!! grin
Re: I Never Crossed A Road In My Life. by Acidosis(m): 4:01pm On Feb 06, 2013
If I have the money, why not

that na change to Dangote's 2 daughters..
Re: I Never Crossed A Road In My Life. by Nobody: 5:06pm On Feb 06, 2013
abiki: Maybe she gets 3 million. Good. But to talk say she never cross road for her life, that's the biggest lie of the century.
I didn't believe it myself but on a second thought I thought maybe she meant the highways so no need for argument.

I also heard about some Nigerians not even having anything to do on the mainland of Lagos. The closest they've even been is the Oshodi crossover to MM2 and from there out of the country and back to the Island again. This means some people are simply detached from the realities of an average Nigerians life. The longest power outage they've ever had in their home is a few seconds because there's always a power plant with an automatic switch over.

I know one day e go better. smiley
Re: I Never Crossed A Road In My Life. by zibe(m): 5:49pm On Feb 06, 2013
Lol. Not crossing the road is now something to brag about?

1 Like

Re: I Never Crossed A Road In My Life. by Rotmyt: 6:11pm On Feb 06, 2013
I know people who haven't boarded public buses before. They have drivers who take them everywhere. Such people may have had no cause to cross a major road before.
@ topic, If I was a billionaire, such money would mean little to me, but I would emphasise on balance and moderation in the child's life to avoid raising a spoilt brat!
Re: I Never Crossed A Road In My Life. by Nobody: 8:14pm On Feb 06, 2013
Rotmyt:
@ topic, If I was a billionaire, such money would mean little to me, but I would emphasise on balance and moderation in the child's life to avoid raising a spoilt brat!
Exactly my point.
Re: I Never Crossed A Road In My Life. by yuzedo: 8:41pm On Feb 06, 2013
Sooooooooooooo, wuz her numba?? undecided tongue
Re: I Never Crossed A Road In My Life. by maclatunji: 1:32pm On Feb 07, 2013
I am thinking if that is possible- unbelieveably, it is!
Re: I Never Crossed A Road In My Life. by Nobody: 10:53pm On Feb 07, 2013
yuzedo: Sooooooooooooo, wuz her numba?? undecided tongue
lol! But you know her school nau grin They're plenty there.
@Maclatunji, trust me I found it so hard to believe but then I thought to myself that some people fantasies are others reality. hmmm!

(1) (Reply)

Medical Doctor Commits Suicide / House Help Forcefully Delivers 6-month-old Baby In Bathroom (viewers Discretion) / For Those Married To A Spouse They Didn't Love Initially.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.