Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,119 members, 7,821,833 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

6 Advanced Ways To Improve Your Search Engine Rankings - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 6 Advanced Ways To Improve Your Search Engine Rankings (971 Views)

5 Things You Must Stop Doing To Improve Your Social Media Security. / How Ignoring SEO Can Improve Your Search Engine Rankings / 10 Tips To Increase Your Search Engine Rankings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Advanced Ways To Improve Your Search Engine Rankings by bbthedon: 4:32pm On Feb 06, 2013
Google is the most popular website on the Internet. So whether you have an offlineor online business, it’s important that your company be found at the top of search results. If you aren’t, you’ll be losing a lot of potential revenue.
If you don’t know how to rank your website at the top of search engines, I recommend that you read the Beginner’s Guide to SEO before reading this blog post. But if you are familiar with SEO, here are 7 advance strategies to increase your rankings.
Tactic #1: Don’t be afraid to slow down
Over the past year I have been noticing a trend: if you build links too quickly to your website, it won’t rank well. But if you only build a handful of rich anchor text links each month, your rankings will start shooting up.
So my strategy with building links, even for the most competitive terms, is to only build 5 to 10 rich anchor text links. And out of those links 2 to 4 may contain the anchor text I am trying to rank for while the others will contain variations of the term.
In addition to that I usually slow down or stop buildinglinks for my major terms after 5 or 6 months as I noticed that my rankings start to naturally go up over time if I don’t continueto keep on building rich anchor text links.
The key with link building isto be patient, as it looks unnatural if your link count grows at a rapid pace. It doesn’t matter if your competitors have a hundred or a million links coming to their website, you need to build up slowly.
Tactic #2: Get social
There are two main aspectsof social media. The first is your profiles on these socialsites and the second is howoften you are able to get your website mentioned onthe web.
Search engines like Google are starting to take into account votes for social sites. Currently in Google’s Webmaster Tools you can see how many people voted 1 for your website and how it’s affecting your traffic.
So if you want to do well onthe social web you need to:
1. Build up your profiles – create powerful profiles on Facebook , Twitter , and Google Plus . The three articlesI linked to should teach you how to build up powerful social accounts.
2. Promote your site – whether its blog content, a product your are selling, or service your offer, add social media buttons to your website. Encourage your users to click on them as it will affect your search engine traffic in the long run.
Tactic #3: Diversify your links
There are a lot of different types of links you can get such as blog roll links, homepage links, links from blog posts, directory links, educational links, footer links, etc. SEOs have a tendency to build one of these types of links instead of trying to build each of these links.
If you want to rank high you can’t just focus on one type of link building method, such as directory links. Instead you need to get links to your site from blogs, directories, and sometimes from the homepage of other sites. Just make sure whatever links you are building are also relevant as those links tend to have the biggest impact.
For example, with Quick Sprout I have a variety of sites linking to me. Here is an example of a news site linking to me , a sidebar linkfrom a popular blog , a link within a blog post , and a link from a educational website . The diversification of links coming into the siteis what has helped make it so that search engines like Google account for over 50% of my monthly traffic.
Tactic #4: Content isn’t king, unless it’s good content
I’ve tried the approach of adding hundreds of pages of unique content in hopes that it would increase the number of pages on my blog. One of the ways I did this was through a questions and answers community .
The overall idea is good as it has worked for many companies like Yahoo . But the mistake I made was that I didn’t moderate the community very well and I didn’t keep the content engaging.
If I added grea content through a questions and answers community my traffic would have gone up. At first I did see it go up, but once I started slacking on the content it started going down. (The fault heredoesn’t lay on the questions and answers community, it lays on me asI could have made it work)
Adding more content to your website is a great ideaif you want more search engine love. But you have to add good content so that those pages get more natural links versus just flooding your site with mediocre information.
Tactic #5: Buy links ethically
I know what you are going to say, buying links is frowned upon, right? And yes you are right, you don’t want to hit up a website and ask them if they will sell you a link.
But what you can do is spend money on content and then give that content away for free. The best example of this are infographics as you can create good ones for $500 and email popular bloggersto see if they want exclusive rights to it as longas they link back.
Popular blogs like Guy Kawasaki and Mashable seem to be willing to post infographics created by other companies and if you happen to get a link from one of their sites you’ll be getting a very authoritative link.
When using this strategy you have to understand that you can’t just create crap content and expect others to pick it up. If you create good information and just email popular bloggers, there is an extremely high chance that you can get a link from highpagerank blog for $500.
Tactic #6: Google can show you the way
My favorite way to build links is to leverage Google. For example if I am looking to build links to my Las Vegas website I would search for websites that talk about “Las Vegas” and have a links page.
Here is the search command I would use: intitle:”las vegas” inurl:”links”
I would then go through the listings above and send a custom email to each of the site owners to see if they would be interested inlinking to my website.
I know this sounds like a tedious task, but I can’t roughly get 10-15% of the websites I email to link back to my website. And onaverage I can typically hire acollege student for 10 dollars an hour and have them send out at least 100 emails in a 8-hour period.
That means I roughly pay$6.67 to $10 a link, which is a great deal.
Conclusion
SEO isn’t rocket science! Youcan rank your business for any term as long as you are willing to get creative. Don’t be afraid to think outside of the box and more importantly be patient as it can take months if not years before you start ranking for competitive terms.
In addition that make sure you try to rank high up on page 1 as ranking on page 2for popular terms won’t drive you much traffic. So inother words, you better rank in the top 3 spots on page 1 or you need to start going after different terms.
Lastly if you have any other advance SEO strategies feel free to share them by leaving a comment. Or if you have any questions, leave a comment and I’ll domy best to answer it.
or join me on this site (www.) join me there and ask any question.
Re: 6 Advanced Ways To Improve Your Search Engine Rankings by venus15: 11:15am On Oct 18, 2014
Nice information.SEO helps to ensure that a site is accessible to a search engine and improves the chances that the site will be found by the search engine. Search Engine Visibility is helps to increase our page rank. I get this SEO service from TuckTail.com Here they provide you One-click submission of your site in many search engines like Google, Yahoo!, Bing, and AOL etc... and they also provide Powerful reports that show you how to move your website up in search results.

1 Like

Re: 6 Advanced Ways To Improve Your Search Engine Rankings by naijarates(m): 11:57am On Oct 18, 2014
You can do all that but if u have domain privacy turn on for ur domain, it will take a longer time to come up on google.
Re: 6 Advanced Ways To Improve Your Search Engine Rankings by 1stdami(m): 12:56am On Oct 19, 2014
naijarates:
You can do all that but if u have domain privacy turn on for ur domain, it will take a longer time to come up on google.
so what do you think the best domain in nigeria is ?

(1) (Reply)

#10,000 Monthly Payment To Anybody That Can Drive Traffic To My Blog / How T2tech Got A Domain Name From Godaddy At $0.99 / Please Help Me Upgrade My Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.