Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,044 members, 7,818,140 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

Travelling To Canada - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada (454561 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (189) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada by subice(m): 10:40pm On May 13, 2008
Thanks for the responses Delta007 and Ezinwannem. I'm going for a Master's program in Mechanical Engineering. I know that it is recommended that one has $10000 a year apart from the tuition fees. For places like Alberta and Ontario, would one actually spend this much or more? Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada by ArmedLion(m): 2:43am On May 14, 2008
Hi subice, to be frank with u, schooling in canada isn't cheap at all. Be rest accured that u will spend more than 10000 dollars in the course of ur study.the only education u can get in canada at no cost, but fully sponsored by the canadian government is to the high school level
Re: Travelling To Canada by Vicjustice: 2:55am On May 14, 2008
Armed-Lion:

Hi subice, to be frank with u, schooling in canada isn't cheap at all. Be rest accured that u will spend more than 10000 dollars in the course of your study.the only education u can get in canada at no cost, but fully sponsored by the canadian government is to the high school level
Hey, Bros! Good to see you online, How that side?
Re: Travelling To Canada by Vicjustice: 2:56am On May 14, 2008
Yes, where are those reviling accusers who claimed that Armed-lion and Vicjustice are one and the same person?
Re: Travelling To Canada by Ezinwannem: 9:47pm On May 14, 2008
@Armed-Lion, High skool is free in Canada only for citizens and permanent residents and not for international students.
Besides, compared to other industrialized countries like UK AND USA, Canada's education in the university level is the cheapest and most favourable for International Students

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada by subice(m): 9:54pm On May 23, 2008
Ezinwannem:

Delta007 have said it all. Canada does not rank its universities as they have few and have high standards. It has high standards as one school does not want to go and do everything like medical school, alw school etc as Delta also pointed out.
Uni. of Cal. in Alberta where Canada gat oil and there is job prospect if u want to walk but housing is expensive.
Uni. of Windsor is aloso good as it borders Detriot
Ryerson is in Toronto which is another place for job prospect, Reyerson is good for its engineering programs and even business, I bro. did Aerospapce Engineering dere

So for people to help you beta, we have to know the course you want to study

@ Ezinwannem, just curious, did you get into the aerospace industry and in what role? Design or other areas? Just asking because I did a first degree in Aerospace engineering myself, up to the masters level in fact. However, i found the industry frustratingly hard to get into hence my wanting to do a masters in mechanical engineering to be more diverse. Though a major reason is that most good aerospace companies handle defence work and want you to be a citizen of the country you're working in. And as for Nigeria, the industry is very limited in scope.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Delta007(m): 11:07pm On May 23, 2008
subice:

@ Ezinwannem, just curious, did you get into the aerospace industry and in what role? Design or other areas? Just asking because I did a first degree in Aerospace engineering myself, up to the masters level in fact. However, i found the industry frustratingly hard to get into hence my wanting to do a masters in mechanical engineering to be more diverse. Though a major reason is that most good aerospace companies handle defence work and want you to be a citizen of the country you're working in. And as for Nigeria, the industry is very limited in scope.
What's ur experience like? I dont see any point going beyond a masters degree in Engineering unless u are interested in research or academia.
Re: Travelling To Canada by burnin: 10:35am On May 26, 2008
I recently applied for a study permit in Lagos, Nigeria and the website says you shold allow thirty working days for processing. I would like to know if you will be contacted immediatley the thirty days are up or earlier or even after the thirty days.
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada by Delta007(m): 2:36pm On May 26, 2008
burnin:

I recently applied for a study permit in Lagos, Nigeria and the website says you shold allow thirty working days for processing. I would like to know if you will be contacted immediatley the thirty days are up or earlier or even after the thirty days.
Thanks

I am not familiar with the current Visa application in Lagos altho I have been reliably informed about the process and from what I gather, you'd be contacted when a decision is made.

By the way, which university are you looking at? Good luck!
Re: Travelling To Canada by burnin: 4:34pm On May 26, 2008
I was admitted to Carleton University for Software Engineering
Re: Travelling To Canada by Ezinwannem: 4:16pm On May 27, 2008
@subice, it was my brother who did the course not me, he works with an Aerospace company here in Canada though just got a new job in the US so he will be leaving ,

where did u get your own degree and are you a citizen of anyother country?
Re: Travelling To Canada by subice(m): 5:12pm On May 27, 2008
@Ezinwannem
Did my degree in the UK . Bad decision in hindsight, should have done it in US. UK is so much the wrong place to do a course like that but I discovered too late. Getting into the industry there is very difficult and there are not that many aerospace companies there. And no, I'm not a citizen of any other country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada by Delta007(m): 6:03pm On May 27, 2008
subice:

@Ezinwannem
Did my degree in the UK . Bad decision in hindsight, should have done it in US. UK is so much the wrong place to do a course like that but I discovered too late. Getting into the industry there is very difficult and there are not that many aerospace companies there. And no, I'm not a citizen of any other country.
I doubt you'd have any real issues with getting a job in the Aerospace industry with a UK degree in Canada or the US. Your experience might be a factor. . .but as far as u are willing to build ur experience from the bottom (assuming u have none), in 2-5yrs, u'd be smiling. Like I said, I wont waste my time and money going for another Masters degree in Engineering just for the heck of it. My 2 cents!
Re: Travelling To Canada by Ezinwannem: 6:04pm On May 27, 2008
oh k, yea, you would have done it in the US or Canada sef, but dont give up, keep trying, if they are really impressed, they will give you the job and do the whole paper work
Re: Travelling To Canada by marydre: 5:28pm On May 28, 2008
Please how would you rate this schools in canada for a post graduate study in Human Resources Management?

Conestoga College
Humber College
Western Ontario
Seneca College
George Brown college
Sheridan College

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada by Ezinwannem: 7:29pm On May 28, 2008
@marydre, Skools in Canada are all of good standard. Well, the skools you oulined are all community colleges here and not universities, just thought I should let you know in case you are not aware. However, they are all good schools, Have heard of all except one, I would recommend Humber College,
Re: Travelling To Canada by tjadeba(m): 8:25pm On May 31, 2008
thanks for your information on issues concerning immigration to Canada,
i have just been offered admission to a university in Vancouver with a partial scholarship valued up 40% of the whole tuition but its subject to paying the tuition deposit of $250 over the next 30 days.i want to know if the Canadian immigration wont have reservations about my age for an undergraduate studies as i am over 28 and for some periods i was out of academice until two years ago.generally i want to know my chances of success
Re: Travelling To Canada by home1986: 12:20pm On Jun 10, 2008
Hello, Do anyone knows how many days it takes to process a Canada study permit, heard it sometimes 3 weeks 1 month, 3 months, can anyone help me out please
Re: Travelling To Canada by tjadeba(m): 2:26pm On Jun 10, 2008
Hello, Do anyone knows how many days it takes to process a Canada study permit, heard it sometimes 3 weeks 1 month, 3 months, can anyone help me out please
actaully,i have the same question in mind for some days now
Re: Travelling To Canada by Ezinwannem: 4:28pm On Jun 10, 2008
you have to apply 3 months prior to the time you study period will commence, so if you are to start in the Fall Semester (Sept.), yyou should apply for visa by June-early July
Re: Travelling To Canada by olubunmi80: 4:46pm On Jun 12, 2008
hello mr delta, pls kindly advice on a good school for my mba i had a 3.64 cgpa in my firt degree in mas comm i would like a school in a central city and also the cost converted to naira or let me know the exchange rate . also which website i can go to checl for visa requirements. thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada by amberella: 4:50pm On Jun 12, 2008
University of British Columbia (Vancouver) and McGill University (Montreal) both have good MBA programs. McGill is likely less expensive.
Re: Travelling To Canada by olubunmi80: 8:03pm On Jun 12, 2008
hello, does this mean that an mba will cost like 60,000 canadian dollars. thats expensive o please am i correct?
Re: Travelling To Canada by Ezinwannem: 8:05pm On Jun 12, 2008
It should be wayy less dan dat, why dont u google Canadian universities and check out different skool and their skool fees
Re: Travelling To Canada by olubunmi80: 8:14pm On Jun 12, 2008
please i ve been googling for 3 hours now i dont seem to understand the process at ll the currency is confusinmg and the admission requirements seems bulky pls can u break it down for me to understand
Re: Travelling To Canada by Ezinwannem: 8:22pm On Jun 12, 2008
how can the currency be confusing and requirement, da earlier u know it urself, da better 4 u?
http://io.uwinnipeg.ca/~kingsley/cdn-univ.html
click on any skool and look up their requirement and fees, each skool differ and Ontario univeristies r da most expensive
Re: Travelling To Canada by olubunmi80: 8:32pm On Jun 12, 2008
thanks so much but ive googled university of british columbia their fees are 38,900 canada dollar then living expenses of another 20,00 dollars also mc ghil said 15,00 dollars per term, i intend to do an mba whats does a term mean intheir schol session please if u know of a popular choice school for nigerians there to do an mba iwill appreciate u telling me thanks for ur time if u are on yahoo msgener we could chat my email is titansmdaniels@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada by kaysie83: 8:46pm On Jun 12, 2008
@olubumni80,

Most MBA programs in Canada have entrance scholarships and awards so long as u have a good gpa and gmat scores . I dont think u should choose the

school based on their tuition fees thats just my 2 cents.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Ezinwannem: 9:07pm On Jun 12, 2008
A term means " a semester" but i doubt if 15,000 will be for a term, rather a year (2 semesters)
Re: Travelling To Canada by marydre: 11:09am On Jun 20, 2008
For those who have gotten or yet to get the study permit visa to canada for fall 2008, please share your experience about the whole processes(interview section etc) with the CDHC with those of us who hope to get a study permit for winter. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada by aydewale: 6:00pm On Jun 22, 2008
That's a good idea. I submitted my application for my study permit to do my LL.M. I arranged my documentation sequentially. I must also state that I got full scolarship from the school.I provided my letter of admission and scholarship;letter from my employers stating my salary + yearly
bonus. I submitted my application on the 13th of May, but I have not heard anything yet.
Re: Travelling To Canada by megastu(m): 8:42pm On Jun 22, 2008
aydewale, Please how did u get that scholarship. I am interested in LL.M with scholarship in Canada. You can send me a mail on mibisnow@yahoo.co.uk. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (189)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.