Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,851 members, 7,810,279 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:37 AM

Rep's Decision To Halt Utme's Computer-based Test - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Rep's Decision To Halt Utme's Computer-based Test (768 Views)

FG Reverts The Decision To Upgrade Colleges Of Education To Universities / How To Answer JAMB-UTME Computer Based Test (CBT) Questions / Free Utme Computer-based Test (cbt) Software For 300 People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rep's Decision To Halt Utme's Computer-based Test by eniorisha(m): 10:08pm On Feb 07, 2013
Nairalanders,what ur take on rep's calling on jamb board 2 cancel its proposed cbt utme exams
Re: Rep's Decision To Halt Utme's Computer-based Test by kodewrita(m): 11:10pm On Feb 07, 2013
In the immortal words of Arunma Oteh--->When you fight corruption, it fights you back.

How do you expect the Reps to support a truly meritocratic UTME?
Re: Rep's Decision To Halt Utme's Computer-based Test by eniorisha(m): 7:00am On Feb 08, 2013
My position on this,evry educationally right-thinkn stakeholders in edu. sector knows dt cbt introduction put in place by jamb is a right step in d right directn.@kopewrita,thanks 4 ur contribution
Re: Rep's Decision To Halt Utme's Computer-based Test by Nairalanda(m): 4:35pm On Feb 09, 2013
In my opinion, they should not have stopped it the way they did. The way JAMB was trying to bring it in phases is the right thing to do. Where a few number of students will sit for the computer based while others go with the paper based. Like that JAMB will learn from how it worked or failed. The politicians will always want to do their way of things, but I suppose they got it wrong now.

If I am not wrong, one of the reasons for halting the process has to do with the contracting out of the technology involved. This can be investigated for any wrong doing without affecting the current sets of students. They also talked of the publicity of the whole thing. I am sure that many of the prospective students are aware of what is in place for them and what choice they had (paper based/CBT not compulsorily one). Another argument might be that some students and even teachers are not "computer literate" enough. I will not agree with the computer literacy thing. How much training did same students need to do Facebook?

When you start something new and create an enabling situation, people will grow into it. Many people will get bring up ideas from it and potentially create job for people like those guys in [url]pass1time.com[/url] where students can practice free CBT questions. Even when students don't have laptops they can do it in cybercafe.

I'll encourage people to see the Pass1time project. It is a good idea even for guys taking post-UME or other kind of CBT exams.

Thanks.
google: "pass1time cbt"

(1) (Reply)

NNPC/CHEVRON JV SCHOLARSHIP 2013/2014 Deadline Is 29th Of March / LAUTECH 2012/2013 Harmattan Semester Examination Time-table -[download] / Jamb Reduce Cut-off Mark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.