Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

Its High Time Naija Artistes "Mind The Lyrics" - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Its High Time Naija Artistes "Mind The Lyrics" (700 Views)

Can Someone Please Translate The Lyrics Of Phyno's Connect To English For Me? / On Psquare And Why Naija Artistes Will Never Break Into US Market. / Need The Lyrics Of "bianule" By Samsung (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Its High Time Naija Artistes "Mind The Lyrics" by warrikid(m): 10:28pm On Feb 08, 2013
As years progressed, as we embrace technology and creativity, we experience vast improvements in beat making. Hey! We can actually just bump an instrumental straight up disregarding what the artist have to say nowadays. Gone are the days of creativity with vocals, meaningful verses, beautiful rhyme patterns, it’s all rock bottom right about now. Matter of fact certain genres of music have been deviated from their origins and turned into something else that we all can’t actually recognize any more.

As an artist when considering making a hit song first thing that comes to mind is the beat, secondly, the hook, well that’s about it nowadays ‘cos every time I turn on my TV I’m greeted by some auto-tuned chorus, banging beats while some rapper put out some wack rhymes and words together to form a verse, it’s irritating sometimes that the verses and chorus don’t even sync while basically some songs just lack subject matter.

So they talk about money and girls in a song right? How about having other tracks on the album with a different subject matter? Is it just me or doesn’t it bore the listeners whenever they lay back in their 2010 Honda Accord (Well, anything with the quietness would do) bumping an album for an hour and all they keep hearing is ”bling” ”w***s” ”b***hes” ”money” e.t.c. OK! I admit when we are clubbing we don’t care to listen to the lyrics ‘cos we just want to have fun and move our bodies, understandably OK but what happened to being entertained as well as educated. The lyrics is a vital part of a song and should be paid attention to.

There are different ways to improve the lyrical content of our music;

The Songwriter: It is rare to find a song writer on a track when he/she isn’t featured on it and that’s because most artists these days consider themselves as multi-talented stars so they feel they can both sing and write, I’m not saying that it’s impossible to possess such abilities but I’m saying that recognition and respect should be given to people with just the talent to write. When a song writer’s sole importance on an album is basically writing you can expect better lyrics from that specific album.

The Fans: The fans need to step up their game because artists sometimes get too comfortable and indulge themselves in songs with appalling lyrics. Fans definitely need to react to such ‘cos it tells poorly on them mentally so they subsequently need to air out their views to eradicate the visible truth that the artist is certainly undermining, undervaluing or disregarding his/her fan.

The Artist: This is simple. Write some decent lyrics.

Speaking about lyrics, apparently rappers and other artists come up with some bullshit these days. I got lots of examples you can check out below and see what sense you can make out of them;

”all the girls de wash me like omo” Davido ft Naeto C – Back Then

Omo* is a detergent and hence, it is used to wash clothes, plates, e.t.c. So how come the girls are washing him (hyping him/deceiving him/flattering him) like Omo*. Unbelievable!!!

”I wish say, I feel say, you too fine pass my mama but that is impossible,
thumps up to your mama cos she made it possible” by PSquare ft 2face – Possibility

Here, PSquare says they feel the girl is finer than their mother and that is impossible but thumps up to her mother ‘cos she made it possible What I think I’m not the only one confused here, PSquare too.

”I’m a Don Corleone” by Iyanya – Kukere

Don Corleone is a character from The Godfather*. He says he is a Don Corleone like Don Corleone is a noun. If Iyanya is correct,then can I say I’m an Iyanya

”Wine up your body like a monkey” by Timaya - Bom Bom

Never have wining your body been associated with monkeys. Mostly snakes and curly objects. How Timaya feels a monkey wines baffles me!!!

”Kplikpata!!! ” by Flavour (almost every song) 

Hey! I don’t have any beef on exclamations but when used more frequently than actual words, I really have to ask what’s ”Kplikpata!!!”? (I don’t even feel I spelt it right). Anyway it sounds like that……

17, 18, 19 by Various artists

From Mo’ Cheddah to Lola Rae, artists repeatedly start counting from 17 and end up at 19. I crave to know what inspired that. Can someone let me in on this coded secret.

Hey people what others have you heard, Let us know?

www.lumeviews.com/2013/02/08/mind-the-lyrics/
Re: Its High Time Naija Artistes "Mind The Lyrics" by airmark(m): 2:05am On Feb 09, 2013
I solo like isolo - MI
Re: Its High Time Naija Artistes "Mind The Lyrics" by warrikid(m): 8:05am On Feb 09, 2013
airmark: I solo like isolo - MI
Lolz
Re: Its High Time Naija Artistes "Mind The Lyrics" by UcheLives(m): 1:15pm On Feb 09, 2013
Pls dear friends, my name is
Uchelite.... I am an
intending Singer with songs
ready 4 recording ... If u re
in Lagos, pls can u help me
with d contact address of
these music producers lyk:
MasterCraft, Legendary
beats, Spellz, D'Acoustic.....
I
live in Kano.. I really want
to
contact them to know who
will produce my songs b4
coming to Lagos... If it
demands dat I will pay in
order to have it done, am
ready to do so. Thanks as I
wait 4 ur kind assistance.
God bless... U re part of my
success story ......

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Check Out Wizkid's New Video - Azonto / L Marshall Ft Burna Boy & Niyola - Castles Remix / Music : Iyanya - Away

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.