Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,412 members, 7,822,920 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

A Diamond In A Dirt - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Diamond In A Dirt (690 Views)

Short story: CLEANED BY DIRT By LUCKY OMON / A Diamond Covered In Soot By Amina Idris / True Life Story: A Diamond Piece Of My Heart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Diamond In A Dirt by HerexG(m): 9:44am On Feb 09, 2013
A young man once said, " if you want to hid a secret from a black man, put it in a book"
How truth is this saying ?
Now join me as we relate this with a true life story i'm about sharing with you....

I'm pastor John Ibe, and also a designer. I have been teaching and mentoring people to be able to attain to their full potential in life. Aside from teaching in my church, i also get invitations from other churches and corporate organizations to teach and mentor. I love reading books, when i mean books, i read plenty of books. So one blessed day, a brother in my church gave me a gift, before then i had a financial challenge, i been asking God to help me out with. I needed the sum of almost five thousand pounds, so the brother presented the gift to me and lo and behold the gift was a book. I went through the cover of the book, checked the title and i said to myself "this book does not patterns to my present challenge" so i kept it in my book archive together with my other books.
Two years later i was going through my archive, i saw that same book i was given two years ago and said to myself " John look at you, a book you have been given two ago, well let me pick it up and see what the book is about". So i picked the book and started reading it, the book is a very nice book and it kept me reading it. And one day, to my surprise i opened a page in the book, i found something. I picked up the thing, look at it, as i recognized what it was, i placed my two hands on my head and made a loud exclamation " chineke mie !" (oh my God !). So i said to myself "God has answered this prayer long ago before now". And i hurriedly picked up my phone and dialed the Brother's number who gave me the book, and the phone ranged, truuuup, truuuup ! And i heard a voice mixed with joy and laughter " oh pastor, i have'nt heared from you in a while now, how is your family (i replied him accordingly) ? ". And he asked me if i received the gift he sent to me, there was a silence for some seconds and said " pastor ! Pastor ! are you there ? So i replied him with a heavy heart filled with disappoint and regret and i said "bro i did'nt .......did'nt open the book until after two years, i'm calling you now because i just opened the page where the true gift lies" and the brother exclaimed "you what ! Well sorry sir that's really unfortunate but right now i can't give the gift again, wish i could do it but right now i'm facing some challenges, maybe when God blesses and raise me up again i will be able to do it". So we exchanged pleasantries and ended the call.
I John Ibe have just lost a sum of £5000 because of my ignorance to knowledge, every book is a knowledge. I ignorantly kept the a gift in my archive for a whole twos years without attending to it, because it was a book. I never knew the the giver of the gift (book) kept a cheque of £5000 in the book for me, and this was what i have been asking God since the last two years and now the cheque has gone dumb.

Well if you ask me i will say the reading habit does'nt depend on race but person
Knowledge is light and it's application is power !

Written by: HerexG
Narrated by:
Fela Duro
Re: A Diamond In A Dirt by ludasam222(m): 12:45pm On Feb 09, 2013
Choi.....so touching ndo o

(1) (Reply)

A Sober Reflection / The Siren-season 1[was She Getting In Way Over Her Head?] / Never Knew This Until Today.. Check It Out!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.