Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,184 members, 7,829,247 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

White Hairs - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / White Hairs (1328 Views)

Remove Unwanted Body Hairs Permanently / Black Men And The Curse Of Shaving Bumps (ingrown Hairs): Help! / Help I Have White Hairs @ A Young Age (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

White Hairs by slimtoney(m): 1:21pm On Mar 11, 2008
white hairs appearing on ones head even when d age is not ripe.wat causes it and how does one treats it?
Re: White Hairs by ifyalways(f): 6:20pm On Mar 11, 2008
slimtoney:

white hairs appearing on ones head even when d age is not ripe.what causes it and how does one treats it?
. . . lol.
The appearance of gray hairs is not limited to the aged ONLY.genetics,stress,hormonal changes,tobacco usage,absence of melanin/melanin imbalances(the greater the presence of melanin,the darker the hair) etc.

i dont think there is a way of erasing totally but it can be well managed via dyeing.you might have to see a hair care professional but one thing am sure of is this,once you start dyeing,you wud have to keep doing so continuously to achieve and maintain the desired look.some diets and health supplements are said to help but i dont know sha . . . undecided
Re: White Hairs by TOYOSI20(f): 6:41pm On Mar 11, 2008
slimtoney:

white hairs appearing on ones head even when d age is not ripe.what causes it and how does one treats it?

Having premature gray hair is purely hereditary, Some people result

to plucking them out, but this doesn't seem to be as effective as dying

your hair completely, A good hair stylist will be able to perform this professionally,

otherwise u can opt for purchasing a bottle of dye at any beauty store.

The root of every strand of hair is surrounded by a tube of tissue under the skin that is called the hair follicle. Each hair

follicle contains a certain number of pigment cells. These pigment cells continuously produce a chemical called melanin

that gives the growing shaft of hair its color of brown, blonde, red, and anything in between.

Melanin is the same pigment that makes our skin's color fair or darker. The dark or light color of someone's hair depends

on how much melanin each hair stand contains. People can get gray hair at any age. Some people go gray at a young

age - as early as when they are in high school or college - whereas others may be in their 30s or 40s before they see

that first gray hair. How early we get gray hair is determined by our genes. This means that most of us will start having

gray hairs around the same age that our parents or grandparents first did.

Well for me I see people wearing their gray hair sometimes with pride, eg Taylor Hicks of American Idol who is only 29,

and Anderson Copper, of CNN, who started having it at just 20, and they even refer to it as "Salt and Pepper". tongue

Good Luck.
Re: White Hairs by kayowalemi(m): 2:54pm On Mar 12, 2008
I am a food scientist/Nutritionist and from that point of view here are the causes preventtion and remeies

Causes
Hair grows white when the colour pigment (melanin) ceases to be produced in the hair follicle and small air spaces take its place. Pigment cells located at the base of each hair follicle produce the natural dominant colour of our youth. However, as a person grows older and reaches middle age, more and more of these pigment cells die and colour is lost from individual hairs. The result is that a person's hair gradually begins to show more and more grey. Copper (a mineral element) is lacking when there is less and less producton of melanin.

Myth-Fallacy
Contrary to popular belief pulling out one grey hair will make two grow in its place is a myth. What can happen, however, is that if your hair is starting to turn grey and you pull one grey hair out, it may well be that the neighboring grey hair is just about to start growing, therefore two hairs in close proximity will appear at about the same time.

Preventions and Remedies
1.) Massage your hairs with coconut oil and Lemon everyday for at least 15 minutes. There are instances of people having black hairs even up to the age of 60-70 years by using this method.

2.) Your hair needs the following nourishment:
a) Vitamin A - vitamin A is necessary for promoting a healthy scalp and gives body and glow to your hair. Include dark green vegetables and orange & yellow fruits & vegetables in your diet.

b) Vitamin B - vitamin B regulates the secretion of oil, keeps hair healthy & moisturized. Eat more of fresh green leafy vegetables, tomatoes, cauliflower, cereals, liver kidney, yogurt, bananas and green vegetables.

kayo
Re: White Hairs by slimtoney(m): 3:29pm On Mar 12, 2008
smiley
Great people, great pals i've gotten here.What would i hve done without u .Just wanna say u are all appreciated;
Ify

Kayo

Toyosi

thank u allllllllllllllllllll
Re: White Hairs by kayowalemi(m): 3:41pm On Mar 12, 2008
No wahala gut what people don'y know is that there always food solution to most health problem. know one thing that any abnorrllies or disease is a sign of nutrient(s) missing out
Re: White Hairs by TOYOSI20(f): 8:20pm On Mar 12, 2008
@ Slimtonye

U are welcome smiley

(1) (Reply)

Kidney Offer / Period.and Also What Is A Safe Period. Urgent Plsssssssssssssssss / 8 Natural Treatment For Stretch Marks By Tara, Fela - Durotoye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.