Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,269 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

5 Eagles Named In AFCON 2013 Best 11 - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 5 Eagles Named In AFCON 2013 Best 11 (23231 Views)

Nigerian League Best 11 Of All Time. / Iheanacho, Awoniyi And Alampasu Named In CHAN Squad. / Pitroipa Cleared To Play In Afcon Final (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Eagles Named In AFCON 2013 Best 11 by dave07(m): 10:57am On Feb 11, 2013
I dont think Gyan should be in too, Bance did better. Just couldnt help to see the bias in Ghanian circle after we beat CIV and Mali and Ghana lost out to Bf, thank God we won, got awards and also topped the CAF list. It is a good day for Nigeria!
Ghanaians and ghanaweb have to change

Author: Charles (Zambian) Posted: 2013-02-11 02:48:58Ghanaians have to change their mentality from arrogance, pride and jealousy. The attitude of 'it is either us or nothing' is going to ruin your sports. Your Ghanaweb didnt mention other Countries' exploits in their reportage due to arrogance. Nigerians can now see why we Zambians do not respect Ghana sports. Congratulations Nigeria, the new African Champions.
Re: Nigeria wins African title for 1st time since

Author: Kofi Posted: 2013-02-10 22:03:36The last time Ghana won this cup was 30 years ago...but we get mad with the team and the coach as if this is the first time we failed to win. It is a shame. The earlier we accept we are no more a great soccer nation, the better it will be for us. Who cares that our fathers won the cup twice in the 60s? We are now in the 21st Century. Our fathers' generation is almost all dead. We need to do something for ourselves and stop living on the glories of past generations.
Ghana do not have a team

Author: kk Posted: 2013-02-10 18:09:50It looks to me our black stars did not go to south africa to compete in football tournament but they went to show off their stupid dancing skills. useless players. well done Nilja. you play with passion, dedication, focus and determination to win it for your beloved country. u desrved ur reward.
http://mobile.ghanaweb.com/wap/article.php?ID=264632&mode=comments
Re: 5 Eagles Named In AFCON 2013 Best 11 by Morgan1092(m): 10:59am On Feb 11, 2013
Good People, Great Nation

1 Like

Re: 5 Eagles Named In AFCON 2013 Best 11 by Nobody: 11:05am On Feb 11, 2013
9icest:

MBA is the most pivotal player there. I think Mba in Ibo means 'No'...Its as if the guy has a way of 'saying NO, this has to change! and go for the kill himself'....Hes the guy with the incredible energy...and who usually score the most crucial goal. But hes still a fresh prospect! I see him going places! The main MAN was MOSES....He took us through this RED SEA of CAF cheesy This is what Etuhu was lacking ,But Mba did it,supporting the strickers. chei MBA U TOO MUCH.

Get inspired, visit
www.inspired.com.ng
for your daily inspirational dose!
Re: 5 Eagles Named In AFCON 2013 Best 11 by vizboy(m): 11:10am On Feb 11, 2013
gyan shouldnt be in the benched 11 what the hell is wrong with caf
Re: 5 Eagles Named In AFCON 2013 Best 11 by lifespringsms: 11:20am On Feb 11, 2013
wow these guys are too much.they will go far.www.lifespringsms.com
Re: 5 Eagles Named In AFCON 2013 Best 11 by Hadeyemy: 11:21am On Feb 11, 2013
What abt dis guy dat luk lyk a doll (bance)
Re: 5 Eagles Named In AFCON 2013 Best 11 by Ejovwoke(m): 11:25am On Feb 11, 2013
yokiti: AFCON 2013 OFFICIAL RESULT...

NIGERIA --------------Gold
BURKINA FASO -------Silver
MALI --------------- --Bronze
GHANA --------------- Indomie

Nigerians are Goldenly and graciously Grateful to the Almighty God; I represent Nigeria and am very proud of it!
Sorry oh
Ghana.................Charcoal.
Asamoah gyan....The arab messi(U A E king of goals)lol

1 Like

Re: 5 Eagles Named In AFCON 2013 Best 11 by Gbenge77(m): 11:30am On Feb 11, 2013
Amazing,Phenomenal,Incredible,Gargatuan,Unprecedented,Impeccable,s Fantasti,Fabulous,Astonishing,Exhilarating,Terrific......................
Re: 5 Eagles Named In AFCON 2013 Best 11 by rapcetera: 11:41am On Feb 11, 2013
Gyan does not belong on this list. Replace him with Alain Traore. Easy.
Re: 5 Eagles Named In AFCON 2013 Best 11 by mafiacent(m): 11:50am On Feb 11, 2013
Yesterday, the Super Eagles of Nigeria lifted the African Nations Cup courtesy of a beautifully taken goal by Sunday Mba. What a lovely goal! What soon followed were some nervy moments and boy did so many thoughts cross my head, All Nigerians wanted was the Cup, it didn’t matter how we played, When the Referee approached the Keeper Vicent Enyeama for the ball in the 94th Minute of the Match, his heart was in his mouth; the Referee only does that when he awards a penalty. Africans love to do things differently, He simply blew his whistle signalling the end of the Tournament! The feeling that followed that final whistle – Priceless. Enyeama attempted lifting the Referee; He simply couldn’t believe it – He had just won the African Nations Cup.
“Build a better mousetrap, and the world will beat a path to your door.”

http://www.prisonerofclass.com/success-has-many-friends-super-eagles/
Re: 5 Eagles Named In AFCON 2013 Best 11 by madridsta007(m): 12:05pm On Feb 11, 2013
Lol... My post hidden? Hahaha!

Why the fear about the name 'Biafra'? It's not like its some form of vulgar name.

The English dont fear the name 'Scotland'. Nigerians grow up.
Re: 5 Eagles Named In AFCON 2013 Best 11 by Emmyk(m): 12:06pm On Feb 11, 2013
Mization: Five Nigerian players have been named among the best 11 players from the Africa Cup of Nations 2011.

are u f**kin kidding me??
Re: 5 Eagles Named In AFCON 2013 Best 11 by vanstanzy(m): 12:08pm On Feb 11, 2013
lancaster: And this info is not on front page? Na wa o! Na Goldie ugly face u guys used to spoil my day in th front page

Are u surprised? Don't be. undecided
Re: 5 Eagles Named In AFCON 2013 Best 11 by vanstanzy(m): 12:12pm On Feb 11, 2013
Morgan1092: Good People, Great Nation

The guy wan lift the ref. throway. HE WAS BLOCKING OUR JUBILATION! grin grin grin

"HERE, MAKE I FOLLOW UNA JUBILATE! HATERZ PARK WELL, JOR!"

Re: 5 Eagles Named In AFCON 2013 Best 11 by Adexchelsea19(m): 12:31pm On Feb 11, 2013
But wait o,wetin gyan dey do for dere nah??...omeruo should b in that team.
Re: 5 Eagles Named In AFCON 2013 Best 11 by Witi(m): 12:36pm On Feb 11, 2013
tobechi20: Y is my name not there
Because this is not Africa's Best 11 for para-olympics football.
Re: 5 Eagles Named In AFCON 2013 Best 11 by ValNweze(m): 12:42pm On Feb 11, 2013
thats great...i'm seriously waiting for the fifa next ranking...Plata take note.

1 Like

Re: 5 Eagles Named In AFCON 2013 Best 11 by malignant1: 1:02pm On Feb 11, 2013
9icest:

MBA is the most pivotal player there. I think Mba in Ibo means 'No'...Its as if the guy has a way of 'saying NO, this has to change! and go for the kill himself'....Hes the guy with the incredible energy...and who usually score the most crucial goal. But hes still a fresh prospect! I see him going places! The main MAN was MOSES....He took us through this RED SEA of CAF cheesy

Get inspired, visit
www.inspired.com.ng
for your daily inspirational dose!

Nah!
Even though MBA means "No" in Igbo, it can also mean "Nation" and "Rebuke". In this context, rebuke is its most appropriate translation. cool
Re: 5 Eagles Named In AFCON 2013 Best 11 by Aikayy: 1:03pm On Feb 11, 2013
madridsta007: Lol... My post hidden? Hahaha!

Why the fear about the name 'Biafra'? It's not like its some form of vulgar name.

The English dont fear the name 'Scotland'. Nigerians grow up.

Dude, I'm more igbo than u.... Don't u think all these Biafran comments are so childish. Pls grow up!

1 Like

Re: 5 Eagles Named In AFCON 2013 Best 11 by Phikom(m): 1:24pm On Feb 11, 2013
ondo_boi: what da hellll is asamoua gyan doing on that list?
i tire ooo
Re: 5 Eagles Named In AFCON 2013 Best 11 by Nobody: 1:55pm On Feb 11, 2013
Witi: Because this is not Africa's Best 11 for para-olympics football.
bros, u wicked o. So d guy na disable person?
Re: 5 Eagles Named In AFCON 2013 Best 11 by Iyineda(m): 2:28pm On Feb 11, 2013
My team of the tournament (3-5-2):

Enyeama

Ambrose Kone Oboabona

Moses Keita Mikel Asamoha Wakaso

Pitroipa
Emenike

Had Alain Traore played more matches, he definitely would have made it in my team of the tournament at the expense of Wakaso.
I really wanted to include Omeruo in this team as well but that would make it way too Nigerian. Besides, I truly believe BUF's Kone was fantastic as a CB. Cape Verde's captain Neves gets an honorary mention as well.

Captain: Keita
Penalty taker: Wakaso
Short freekicks: Emenike
Long freekicks: Wakaso
Right cornerkicks: Wakaso
Left cornerkicks: Moses
Re: 5 Eagles Named In AFCON 2013 Best 11 by Nobody: 3:29pm On Feb 11, 2013
With the inclusion of Asamoah Gyan i believe CAF are once more plotting a coup.Dont be surprise when they name him CAF footballer of the year 2013.You all watch out
Re: 5 Eagles Named In AFCON 2013 Best 11 by imperiouxx(m): 4:57pm On Feb 11, 2013
Gyan is the only spoiler in that CAF line up. He is only good in hitting uprights and crossbar but never the net. Is that kind of striker dependable when goal is scarce? I will rather put Ayegbeni (bird of same feather), then I know my team is short-one.
Re: 5 Eagles Named In AFCON 2013 Best 11 by Mylove55(f): 7:48pm On Feb 11, 2013
My best 11,are enyema,koffi,omeruo,oboabona,tiena,mikel,keita,pitropa,moses,bance and emenike.gyan is not even among d worst.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

No Respect For Carl Lewis - Usain Bolt / Man Wins 38 Million Naira With Just 800 Naira On Bet Naija. / Francis Ngannou Evolves From KO King To Grappling God As He Retains His Title

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.