Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,084 members, 7,814,750 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

Starting Php Script Using Notepad - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Starting Php Script Using Notepad (1595 Views)

10 Coolest Notepad Tricks / Shutting Down A Computer Using Notepad (beginners Tutorial) / How To Make A Simple Calculator In Notepad Using .bat Format (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Starting Php Script Using Notepad by popin5(m): 3:10am On Mar 12, 2008
i been reading php for quite some time and on the verge of becoming a guru theoritically not have neva ran a script on any browser and it worked.
i often use notepad and save in modes like doc.php, doc.phtml and "doc.php" and non was succesful rather the codes appear on the browser page.
i have tried macromedia flash textpath still have not suceeded.
pls can you provide me the correct way of going about it and any tutorial that will be helpful to a beginer like me
Re: Starting Php Script Using Notepad by my2cents(m): 11:23am On Mar 12, 2008
1) To declare a PHP section, you should enclose your code within these tags:

<?php code goes here ?>

2) If you are using notepad (and this used to happen to me a lot), chances are that when saving your file, you aren't choosing "All files" under the "save as type" dropdown so that your "doc.php" is actually being saved as "doc.php.txt" (which you can verify by navigating to where you have the file saved and checking out its extension).

Try either or both of the 2 above and let us know if this helps.

Thanks,
Re: Starting Php Script Using Notepad by javalove(m): 4:18pm On Mar 13, 2008
First u have to make sure u have ur runtime engine installed. Then ur browser would be able to interprt anything that comes between<?php , ?> as a php tag and execute wats in between. When that is done, i bet ur script wud not jut run but sprint, lol

(1) (Reply)

Python Gui Development Help / Please Help Me On Login Code In Java. / Python Nigeria List and Website Is Now Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.