Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,814 members, 7,824,381 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

Areality You Cant Escape! - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Areality You Cant Escape! (806 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Areality You Cant Escape! by hadbak: 8:07pm On Feb 11, 2013
It is narrated that one day, a man entered the court of Prophet Sulaiman (عليه السلام ), looked around at all the people and went out again. When the court adjourned, one of the people present approached Prophet Sulaiman (عليه السلام ) and asked him whether he knew this strange man.

"The person you saw was the angel of death (Izrael)" replied Prophet Sulaiman (عليه السلام ). The man was taken aback and looked worried.

"Why was he staring at me as though he wanted to take my soul?" he asked.

"What do you want me to do?" enquired Prophet Sulaiman (عليه السلام ).

"O Sulaiman!" exclaimed the man."You have power over the wind. Command it to transport me to the land of Hind (India)."

As the man was a believer, Prophet Sulaiman (عليه السلام ) agreed and granted his wish.

A few days later, Prophet Sulaiman (عليه السلام ) saw the angel of death again. He asked him why he had been staring at the man so intently on that particular day.

"O Sulaiman!" replied the angel of death. "Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَتعال ) commanded me to take the soul of that man on the soil of Hind. When I saw him sitting in your court, I could not understand how I could carry out Allah's order. Nevertheless, as it was a divine command, I left for Hind and fortunately found the man there. I took his soul as Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَتعال ) had commanded."

Allahu Akbar!
Re: Areality You Cant Escape! by zayhal(f): 8:55pm On Feb 12, 2013
Is this story true? What's the source please?
Re: Areality You Cant Escape! by hadbak: 11:45pm On Feb 12, 2013
^^ I guess so, doe the narrator's name wasn't clear..
Nontheless, we know from sirah that prophet sulayman(as) is blessed with an extraordinary power of perception and intelligence n as a king of a vast kingdom Allah (SWT) gave him powers of being able to talk to animals and control the wind. Allah made it in such a way that man n jinn obeys him amonge so many other things ..
I actually got the story here https://sites.google.com/site/islamicdawaonline/purnishment-of-hellfire
Re: Areality You Cant Escape! by tbaba1234: 12:01am On Feb 13, 2013
Assalam Aleikum

You have to be sure of the authenticity of your narration before sharing. I have heard the story before.

It is Narrated on the authority of Khuthaima (RA). From the book "The spectacle of Death" by K. M. Islam. This is according to (http://www.islamcan.com/islamic-stories/wind-carried-the-man-to-where-he-belonged.shtml)

I do not know whether it is an authentic narration or not.

(1) (Reply)

Quran: How Were The Revelations Preserved? / Ya Allah Help Me. / Benjamin Ephraim, An Isis Leader Arrested.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.