Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,731 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone (34238 Views)

As An Etisalat Internet Subscriber U Should Do This / How To Root Your Java Phone And Start Minimizing / Root Your Andriod Phones Easily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by Nobody: 3:14pm On Mar 01, 2013
melojames:

thanks once again. How do i go abt d upgrade to ICS?
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by ibietela2(m): 5:04pm On Mar 01, 2013
Help me o Titanium backup and droidwall are still asking for root acess after i have rooted my phone.
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 5:19pm On Mar 01, 2013
ibietela2: Help me o Titanium backup and droidwall are still asking for root acess after i have rooted my phone.
Make sure you have super user. If your phone is rooted, super user should be installed automatically unless you use a tecno n3 which requires you to download super user manually from playstore after rooting.

Make sure to allow applications root access when ptompted
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 5:23pm On Mar 01, 2013
melojames: thanks once again. How do i go abt d upgrade to ICS?
You have to root the g2 before thinking of upgrades
1 u have to s off
2 u have to temp root
3 u have to downgrade
4 u have to perm root
5 u have to install Clockworkmod recovery
6 u have to download the ics rom.zip

And then finally flash with CWM

1 Like

Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by ibietela2(m): 5:29pm On Mar 01, 2013
HOLLASLYD:
Make sure you have super user. If your phone is rooted, super user should be installed automatically unless you use a tecno n3 which requires you to download super user manually from playstore after rooting.

Make sure to allow applications root access when ptompted

Thanks bro.... I have fix it. I removed the super user. Can i move google play to SD?
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 7:27pm On Mar 01, 2013
dont try it
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by newman10(m): 9:55am On Mar 02, 2013
I have a Samsung galaxy grand GT-I9082. Its the new dual simphone from Samsung. How can I root it. Its running jellybean. Thanks a lot
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 2:10pm On Mar 02, 2013
newman10: I have a Samsung galaxy grand GT-I9082. Its the new dual simphone from Samsung. How can I root it. Its running jellybean. Thanks a lot

firstly, Download SAMSUNG USB DRIVERS AND ABD DRIVERS.
secondly, Download CWM RECOVERY.
thirdly, Download [url=developers.com/attachdl/91ca527c26d143da33b09b85cf733d60/5131f172/1/7/5/1/2/0/4/Odin3_v3.04.zip]ODIN 3[/url].

Install the drivers
Now Turn off your device and go to download mode to be able to flash with odin by pressing Vol down + power + home button (all at the same time). release it when you see GT-i9082 logo
-Press vol up to confirm
Now that you are in odin mode connect your device via usb cable !
open Odin3 that you have downloaded
If there is a pop-up like Installing ADB drivers let it get finished it is usually updates
Make sure the COM is lit up with a cyan blue colour. this means your device has been detected and ready to be flashed
Extract the CWM-touch_i9082_chotu.tar.zip
Now select PDA and browse to where you have extracted CWM-touch_i9082_chotu.tar.md5 and select it
click start
Now you have a cwm touch recovery

Lets root
download SUPERUSER
Copy to externel sdcard (NOT INTERNAL)
Now power off the device and press vol up + power + home button (all at once)to boot into recovery
Select install zip from sdcard --->choose zip from sdcard ---> scroll down and select UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.05.zip, confirm.
now reboot device and enjoy root.
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by ibietela2(m): 3:16pm On Mar 02, 2013
HOLLASLYD: dont try it

ok.. thanks
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by Rexyl(m): 9:12pm On Mar 02, 2013
there is q
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by Shawnpp(m): 12:14pm On Mar 03, 2013
@HOLLASLYD, pls, how can I root my Sansung galaxy tab 2 10.1 running on 4.0.4. Tanx in advance
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by Umarr: 12:52pm On Mar 04, 2013
@HOLLASLYD pls bro can I follow Galaxy Grand procedure to root ma Galaxy Note2 baseband version N7100XXLHE... I must recommend U for being patient with the audience.. Nice work buddy!
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by naijagadgetboi: 1:34pm On Mar 04, 2013
Umarr: @HOLLASLYD pls bro can I follow Galaxy Grand procedure to root ma Galaxy Note2 baseband version N7100XXLHE... I must recommend U for being patient with the audience.. Nice work buddy!

Hmmm, don't think so. Each phone have their own root procedures, though some are more similar than others. You'll find a few guides for rooting the note 2 N7100 @ this link. Used the Odin procedure and it worked perfectly for my friend's note 2: [url] www.android.gs/root/samsung-galaxy-note-2-n7100/[/url]

1 Like

Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by davidoisamoje: 1:55pm On Mar 04, 2013
pls how do I root tecno d3
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by Umarr: 5:35pm On Mar 04, 2013
naijagadgetboi:

Hmmm, don't think so. Each phone have their own root procedures, though some are more similar than others. You'll find a few guides for rooting the note 2 N7100 @ this link. Used the Odin procedure and it worked perfectly for my friend's note 2: [url] www.android.gs/root/samsung-galaxy-note-2-n7100/[/url]

Thanks buddy will surely try it
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by Rexyl(m): 6:50pm On Mar 04, 2013
@op how can I root LG-P698 to access certain applications? pls help me with detailed steps involved. Thanks.
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 10:16pm On Mar 04, 2013
Shawnpp: @HOLLASLYD, pls, how can I root my Sansung galaxy tab 2 10.1 running on 4.0.4. Tanx in advance
Sorry for the late response. Has been busy
Download Samsung USB drivers
Or gotl Samsung website and download keis
Download Odin
Download Cf-Auto_root
Now we have all this,
Switch OFF your tablet.
Now go to Download Mode.
Press and hold the Volume Up button and then press the Power button together till you see the construction Android robot and a triangle.
Press Power again to confirm to enter into Download Mode.
Open ODIN on your computer. Connect your tablet to your computer while your tablet is in the Download Mode.
If your tablet is connected successfully, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number. This step might take some time.
Now select the file that you have extracted
Click on ‘PDA’ and select the file ‘CF-Auto-Root-espresso10wifi-espresso10wifixx-gtp5110.zip‘.
In ODIN, check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options, if not already.
Now click on the Start button in ODIN. Installation process will start and would take a few minutes to complete.
After the installation is completed, your tablet will reboot into Recovery automatically and install the root package / files. Your ID:COM box will also turn green.
After you see the home screen, unplug your tablet from the computer.
Enjoy root.
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 10:31pm On Mar 04, 2013
Rexyl: @op how can I root LG-P698 to access certain applications? pls help me with detailed steps involved. Thanks.
Download root package
Deactivate your firewall or Antivirus
Install the software,
Open it.
Next,Enable USB debugging in your P698. Disconnect it from the computer when trying to enable this
Goto “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging
Then, connect the phone to the PC.
Click on the Root button displayed on the Unlock Root window.
Wait until the process is over and then choose whether to install the battery saver tool.
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by Francheezy(m): 10:37pm On Mar 04, 2013
tnx man...4 everything
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by Lordwize(m): 11:43am On Mar 05, 2013
How do I root the mini laptop with android 4.0 pls?
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 7:24pm On Mar 05, 2013
Francheezy: tnx man...4 everything
mehn na God
Lordwize: How do I root the mini laptop with android 4.0 pls?
it should come prerooted. run root apps like titanium backup and see weather its gonna pop up errors
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by Rexyl(m): 7:23am On Mar 06, 2013
HOLLASLYD:
Download root package
Deactivate your firewall or Antivirus
Install the software,
Open it.
Next,Enable USB debugging in your P698. Disconnect it from the computer when trying to enable this
Goto “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging
Then, connect the phone to the PC.
Click on the Root button displayed on the Unlock Root window.
Wait until the process is over and then choose whether to install the battery saver tool.

Thanks bro, but I pray the process will be easy to go through without damaging my phone. Pls is that all to get it done and make it work effectively.

But root package quotes error 404 when I tried to open it.
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 8:12am On Mar 06, 2013
Rexyl:

Thanks bro, but I pray the process will be easy to go through without damaging my phone. Pls is that all to get it done and make it work effectively.

But root package quotes error 404 when I tried to open it.
Link fixed
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by Rexyl(m): 9:27am On Mar 06, 2013
HOLLASLYD:
Link fixed
tnx fixed indeed
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by kongalomo(m): 10:17pm On Mar 07, 2013
I need help on how to root LG e615 .....Kindly help out
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 7:49am On Mar 08, 2013
kongalomo: I need help on how to root LG e615 .....Kindly help out
Here is a simple guide on how to root lg e series, yours included.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=36688980
If you can't do it yourself, you know what to do
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by newman10(m): 2:40pm On Mar 08, 2013
Guys pls help me o! I have a samsung galaxy grand duos on Jelly Bean. Just this afternoon, i downloaded beats audio. It restated. Just at the point of starting it says "upgrading android". I left it alone. After a while it says " starting apps" and got stuck there. After like 30min like that I switched it off from the side button and restarted it. It restarted but wont go pass the samsung logo screen. What should I do? I just rooted it last week.
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by FKO1(m): 3:07pm On Mar 08, 2013
HOLLASLYD
just r00ted my new n3,and i want to increase the ram,pls give me a detailed explanation on how to do this.
I saw post on the n3 thread bt i couldnt undastand a word.
I have tried swapit,swapper bt they just create a swap file.tanx
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by ben4reel: 4:54pm On Mar 09, 2013
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by Nobody: 8:46pm On Mar 09, 2013
Francheezy: hehehe....andr0id bus!neSs

lol i know right.

it's time for me to get a new one. tongue
forget rooting it.
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 9:50pm On Mar 09, 2013
newman10: Guys pls help me o! I have a samsung galaxy grand duos on Jelly Bean. Just this afternoon, i downloaded beats audio. It restated. Just at the point of starting it says "upgrading android". I left it alone. After a while it says " starting apps" and got stuck there. After like 30min like that I switched it off from the side button and restarted it. It restarted but wont go pass the samsung logo screen. What should I do? I just rooted it last week.
Hang on will get you a stock rom
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 9:53pm On Mar 09, 2013
F.K.O:
HOLLASLYD
just r00ted my new n3,and i want to increase the ram,pls give me a detailed explanation on how to do this.
I saw post on the n3 thread bt i couldnt undastand a word.
I have tried swapit,swapper bt they just create a swap file.tanx
Ah ah.F.K.O you know this is not the thread for this kinda discussion. I want the thread to be based on rooting and its challenges kk smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

How To Unlock MTN Sm@rt Mini S620 Dual SIM Android Phones / Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? / Top 10 Cheapest Android Phones In Nigeria Below ₦15,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.