Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:53 AM

Help Samsung Is Ripping Nigerians Off - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help Samsung Is Ripping Nigerians Off (3526 Views)

Help!!! Airtel Is Ripping Me Off / HELP: Samsung Galaxy Core! / Airtel Ripping Nigerians Off " Please Say It Loud" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Samsung Is Ripping Nigerians Off by deleone: 10:21pm On Feb 11, 2013
I have a Samsung galaxy note which accidentally dropped from my daughters hand now Samsung services center is asking me to pay N55,000.00 to change the screen, my friend too had the same experience with his galaxy S111. Someone should call this people to other,NCC what are you doing. cry
Re: Help Samsung Is Ripping Nigerians Off by destones: 10:46pm On Feb 11, 2013
Na by force to use samsung while BB is offering same service.
Re: Help Samsung Is Ripping Nigerians Off by newman10(m): 10:50pm On Feb 11, 2013
No be only NCC, na EFCC you for call. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy tongue
Re: Help Samsung Is Ripping Nigerians Off by Scarpon(m): 10:59pm On Feb 11, 2013
when am still on my galaxy s2 the network signal stoped showing i took it to their customer office at ikeja (computer village ) I was charged 10k to fix it I paid them cash and told to come back after 2 days.when I was back the guy said fixing it is tougher than he thought only 20k will fix it I added another 10k after 2 day I came back again their said it will work for 40k I have to collect the phone and dash it out. NCC or the organization made for telecoms need to check on those guys cuz their are rubbing us on the hard way
Re: Help Samsung Is Ripping Nigerians Off by Scarpon(m): 11:03pm On Feb 11, 2013
newman10: No be only NCC, na EFCC you for call. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy tongue
some people will just enter any tread on nl an start spitting all kind of rubbish. dude u ain't gat respect for your self and others??
Re: Help Samsung Is Ripping Nigerians Off by Scarpon(m): 11:06pm On Feb 11, 2013
it will fell good if the mod can move this to fp let's share cuz I no it's not only Samsung my pal at the office have witnessed worst things at LG customer care
Re: Help Samsung Is Ripping Nigerians Off by Scarpon(m): 11:10pm On Feb 11, 2013
deleone: I have a Samsung galaxy note which accidentally dropped from my daughters hand now Samsung services center is asking me to pay N55,000.00 to change the screen, my friend too had the same experience with his galaxy S111. Someone should call this people to other,NCC what are you doing. cry
only 55k?? when my younger sister note 2 dropped the screen cracked she paid 75k at their office to fix it late last year November
Re: Help Samsung Is Ripping Nigerians Off by zion32(m): 11:34pm On Feb 11, 2013
Well, maybe because my warranty period was still on,sammy did swap my device completely free after i got it hard bricked.
Re: Help Samsung Is Ripping Nigerians Off by 4peace(m): 3:30am On Feb 12, 2013
Scarpon: only 55k?? when my younger sister note 2 dropped the screen cracked she paid 75k at their office to fix it late last year November

and u guys want us to believe that

s3 repair for 55,000
note 2 for 75,000

Q

how much is this devices?

2 Likes

Re: Help Samsung Is Ripping Nigerians Off by Jeffy1206(m): 5:50am On Feb 12, 2013
If u cud repair for 75k u cud possibly sell de battery for 3 k and oda things den add little change and you get a new one ...wat a waste.
Re: Help Samsung Is Ripping Nigerians Off by amblors(m): 6:22am On Feb 12, 2013
Na wa o, these rates. Pretty expensive, anyways classic case Of big man big trouble. U need to be careful with those devices.
And. Its got nothing to do with the NCC.
Re: Help Samsung Is Ripping Nigerians Off by moonraker(m): 7:30am On Feb 12, 2013
deleone: I have a Samsung galaxy note which accidentally dropped from my daughters hand now Samsung services center is asking me to pay N55,000.00 to change the screen, my friend too had the same experience with his galaxy S111. Someone should call this people to other,NCC what are you doing. cry

Go and read your warranty well. what did you expect?? that samsung would fix it for you

for free?? Look under very normal circumstances, If there is damage to a product which is

caused by Samsung, then you have a case.... However, if you caused the damage by yourself,

then Samsung are not obligated by Law to fix your product.
Re: Help Samsung Is Ripping Nigerians Off by deleone: 7:49am On Feb 12, 2013
Nobody says them should repair for free but their prices are outrageous I'm championing a protest against the use of Samsung products from now they are unreasonable.
Re: Help Samsung Is Ripping Nigerians Off by Ezebinaugwu(m): 8:34am On Feb 12, 2013
repire a phone for 55k and 75k! how much is device it self?
Re: Help Samsung Is Ripping Nigerians Off by potusjev: 8:35am On Feb 12, 2013
[quote author=Scarpon]some people will just enter any tread on nl an start spitting all kind of rubbish. dude u ain't gat respect for your self and others??[/quote

Yes I support you. While other come online to give useful opinions others exhibits boisterous and unruly attitudes. Such people dont go far in life.
Re: Help Samsung Is Ripping Nigerians Off by ibietela2(m): 8:38am On Feb 12, 2013
55k? To repair that amount can even buy a new one
Re: Help Samsung Is Ripping Nigerians Off by bigrovar(m): 8:44am On Feb 12, 2013
4peace:

s3 repair for 55,000
note 2 for 75,000

Q

Being someone who has had his screen smashed and had to change it (DIY) I can confirm that the screens are indeed very expensive. The reason is that when you change the screen of your device.. you change not just the LCD and digitalizer but the whole from panel is changed.. heck the only thing not changed is the panel the battery and the front cover. In the case of the S3 I got the front screen for close to 40K and that was from back channels.. Changing from Samsung official is expected to cost more because you still retain your 2 years warranty.. so friends the best thing is not to drop your device.. don't give it to any gf or daughter or son.. keep it safe

1 Like

Re: Help Samsung Is Ripping Nigerians Off by moonraker(m): 9:39am On Feb 12, 2013
bigrovar:

Being someone who has had his screen smashed and had to change it (DIY) I can confirm that the screens are indeed very expensive. The reason is that when you change the screen of your device.. you change not just the LCD and digitalizer but the whole from panel is changed.. heck the only thing not changed is the panel the battery and the front cover. In the case of the S3 I got the front screen for close to 40K and that was from back channels.. Changing from Samsung official is expected to cost more because you still retain your 2 years warranty.. so friends the best thing is not to drop your device.. don't give it to any gf or daughter or son.. keep it safe

What he said!!!

Look OP, You bought an expensive device and you can take care of it

I am sorry but you dont have a case. The damage was caused by your daughter

and not by samsung. The only thing you can do right now is to pay the cash or

buy a new device. Personally, i would buy a new device becos it isnt worth it.
Re: Help Samsung Is Ripping Nigerians Off by deleone: 10:47pm On Feb 12, 2013
lipsrsealed undecideda
Re: Help Samsung Is Ripping Nigerians Off by caukerzee(m): 12:06am On Feb 13, 2013
de_stones: Na by force to use samsung while BB is offering same service.
what service?
Re: Help Samsung Is Ripping Nigerians Off by pawn89(m): 10:21am On Feb 13, 2013
4peace:

s3 repair for 55,000
note 2 for 75,000

Q

i bought my galaxy note 2 for 105k, fixing it with 75k from factory and having to retain your warranty is a good deal. You should take it if faced with one smiley grin
Re: Help Samsung Is Ripping Nigerians Off by Deblow: 5:22am On Feb 15, 2013
I also own both galaxy s3 and note2.I think putting it in a protective pouch will reduce the risk ofthe screen getting fractured even if it accidentally drops. These phones are expensive and should be handled very carefully. I don't allow anyone, however close hold these phones, let alone work on them.
Re: Help Samsung Is Ripping Nigerians Off by Seun(m): 10:12pm On Nov 10, 2013
pawn89:

i bought my galaxy note 2 for 105k, fixing it with 75k from factory and having to retain your warranty is a good deal. You should take it if faced with one smiley grin
Of what use is the warranty if you have to pay 75k to repair the screen under that same warranty?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Help Samsung Is Ripping Nigerians Off by Nobody: 10:53pm On Nov 10, 2013
Seun: Of what use is the warranty if you have to pay 75k to repair the screen under that same warranty?

gbam
Re: Help Samsung Is Ripping Nigerians Off by ddjay: 11:05pm On Nov 10, 2013
guy just change device,ii assure u,ncc and etc will nt do anytin,even if dey make a move,samsung will settle dem.its only wen small mobiles like tecno and infinix chop dia mrk share dt dey will change
Re: Help Samsung Is Ripping Nigerians Off by physise(m): 11:10pm On Nov 10, 2013
old topic
Re: Help Samsung Is Ripping Nigerians Off by Nobody: 11:18pm On Nov 10, 2013
physise: old topic

then when note 2 na 105..lol
Re: Help Samsung Is Ripping Nigerians Off by flawless911(m): 12:49am On Nov 11, 2013
Deblow: I also own both galaxy s3 and note2.I think putting it in a protective pouch will reduce the risk ofthe screen getting fractured even if it accidentally drops. These phones are expensive and should be handled very carefully. I don't allow anyone, however close hold these phones, let alone work on them.
I thought dat ur Gorilla Screen was meant to protect it from scratch?? Aniway, una get money to burn sha
Re: Help Samsung Is Ripping Nigerians Off by Ishilove: 6:38am On Nov 11, 2013
Seun: Of what use is the warranty if you have to pay 75k to repair the screen under that same warranty?
grin grin
Re: Help Samsung Is Ripping Nigerians Off by Dygeasy(m): 7:23am On Nov 11, 2013
Scarpon: when am still on my galaxy s2 the network signal stoped showing i took it to their customer office at ikeja (computer village ) I was charged 10k to fix it I paid them cash and told to come back after 2 days.when I was back the guy said fixing it is tougher than he thought only 20k will fix it I added another 10k after 2 day I came back again their said it will work for 40k I have to collect the phone and dash it out. NCC or the organization made for telecoms need to check on those guys cuz their are rubbing us on the hard way
Choii! Peple Get Money Sha...

SMH

(1) (Reply)

Cracked! How To Get Airtel 3gb With #200 With Speedo Settings / Best 3gb+ram phone To Get? / Please Help! My infinix Hot 8 Takes Poor Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.