Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,131 members, 7,811,197 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:06 AM

‘iPhone 5S': Photos Of New iPhone Surfaces - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / ‘iPhone 5S': Photos Of New iPhone Surfaces (17793 Views)

Dell Venue 8 7000 Surfaces As The World’s Thinnest Tablet, Has 3D Camera / iPhone 5S Fingerprint Sensor Hacked By German Computer Club / Leaked Images Of The New Blackberry 10 L Series Phone Surfaces (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘iPhone 5S': Photos Of New iPhone Surfaces by illiterati: 5:37pm On Feb 12, 2013
o
Re: ‘iPhone 5S': Photos Of New iPhone Surfaces by CGKing(m): 5:40pm On Feb 12, 2013
Very wicked staff. Leaking company secrets and posting it online. Didnt just snap the body, snapped the components. What a fool.

1 Like

Re: ‘iPhone 5S': Photos Of New iPhone Surfaces by Nobody: 5:40pm On Feb 12, 2013
This doesn't make sense. 'S' stands for Siri, which the iPhone 5 already has. So what's iPhone 5s again?
Re: ‘iPhone 5S': Photos Of New iPhone Surfaces by CGKing(m): 5:41pm On Feb 12, 2013
Cori_corde: This doesn't make sense. 'S' stands for Siri, which the iPhone 5 already has. So what's iPhone 5s again?

Sexy

1 Like

Re: ‘iPhone 5S': Photos Of New iPhone Surfaces by CGKing(m): 5:44pm On Feb 12, 2013
fitzmayowa: How does this reduce the price of GARRI

*Hisses*

What's with u guys and garri? What a mentality, u act as though garri is a poor man's food. With this mentality, am surprised u even have Internet access.
Re: ‘iPhone 5S': Photos Of New iPhone Surfaces by supaeagles(m): 5:54pm On Feb 12, 2013
hadecunleh: Not true. Gizmodo reported this as mere knock-offs.

Us 'NL' learned people sabi pass those gizmodo guys.
Re: ‘iPhone 5S': Photos Of New iPhone Surfaces by supaeagles(m): 5:57pm On Feb 12, 2013
CGKing: Very wicked staff. Leaking company secrets and posting it online. Didnt just snap the body, snapped the components. What a fool.

the components is just a part of the story.... It's the software running on them that is the other half.
Re: ‘iPhone 5S': Photos Of New iPhone Surfaces by ibietela2(m): 5:58pm On Feb 12, 2013
Who cares?
Re: ‘iPhone 5S': Photos Of New iPhone Surfaces by Nobody: 6:13pm On Feb 12, 2013
grin nonsence!!! Wen S3 is already competin wit iphon4!
Iphone5 shld jst go n chillax in d lagoon!!
Re: ‘iPhone 5S': Photos Of New iPhone Surfaces by 76Naira(m): 6:21pm On Feb 12, 2013
Apple is gradually but surely becoming a regular brand.

1 Like

Re: ‘iPhone 5S': Photos Of New iPhone Surfaces by Nobody: 6:39pm On Feb 12, 2013
ive had enough of the iphone, releasing new ones every year with little change...............
Re: ‘iPhone 5S': Photos Of New iPhone Surfaces by gracet: 6:48pm On Feb 12, 2013
CGKing:

What's with u guys and garri? What a mentality, u act as though garri is a poor man's food. With this mentality, am surprised u even have Internet access.

Na for ur house I come steal internet access

Mu.mu like you
Re: ‘iPhone 5S': Photos Of New iPhone Surfaces by snowdrops(m): 7:40pm On Feb 12, 2013
I hate apple. They are the quintessential of capitalist exploitation.

Sent from my iPad
Re: ‘iPhone 5S': Photos Of New iPhone Surfaces by maskid(m): 7:49pm On Feb 12, 2013
deboydebo: So, what do i do to ma iPhone 4S"?

GIve it to me
Re: ‘iPhone 5S': Photos Of New iPhone Surfaces by numericalguy(m): 8:04pm On Feb 12, 2013
They leaked this pix themselves, its an old trick.. They create sensational issues like this to generate media awareness/noise before the product is out, that way people will be rushing it when it finally comes out.
Re: ‘iPhone 5S': Photos Of New iPhone Surfaces by thaoriginator: 8:16pm On Feb 12, 2013
Designer watches and glasses are available cheaply for valentine! Check em out www.nairaland.com/1194080/valentine-sales-buy-cheap-designer
Re: ‘iPhone 5S': Photos Of New iPhone Surfaces by Nobody: 8:29pm On Feb 12, 2013
linearity:

It is obvious that, you have a myopic view behind why people upgrade hence the above conclusion...

I upgrade every year and I do it because:

1. I make money, albeit very small out of the whole process.
2. I get a brand new device.

I had the iPhone 4S and sold it for $455.00 and turned around and bought iPhone 5 for $199, if you add tax and activation, it is approximately $230.00.

I have done this since the first generation iPhones, each year I get the new iPhone for I do not pay extra out of pocket for it...Your next question will be 'impossible'...'How did you do it?'...you will agree that, a Zombie will not be able to answer those questions, right?

This is how I do it:

1. I have a two year contract phone.
2. One year after, I added a non-smart space phone to my contract for $10/month.
This phone have shared minutes with my main phone. It is for visitors, etc.
3. Yearly, I pay about $120.00 for the second phone and this phone also have two years contract.
4. This setup ensure that, each calendar year one of my phone's contract has a expire.
5. With the freed up contract, I buy a new iPhone for that year at the $199 price point.
6. If the expired contract is the nonsmart phone, I swap-out the two phones with the carrier at $0.00.
7. This is what I have been doing since the first iPhone...

So lets calculate the yearly expenses/income:

Expenses:
1. Non smart phone = $120.00
2. New iPhone = $230.00

TOTAL = $350.00

Income:
Sales of old iPhone = $455.00 (This phone is able to sell higher becos it has no contract, the new one is about $650.00).

Pocket Money for this yearly ritual:

Approximately = $455 - $350 = $105 plus a brand new, latest model iPhone!

YES, if apple comes out with iPhone 5S or 6 tomorrow, I will be trading in my current iPhone 5 for a new iPhone and line my pocket with some dollars while doing that....
Bros all this story! Na glo abi na mtn u dey use.
All these yankee people sometimes una head dey touch,abi na for alaba or na computer village we go buy iphone $199 undecided ?

2 Likes

Re: ‘iPhone 5S': Photos Of New iPhone Surfaces by dlight2(m): 9:37pm On Feb 12, 2013
Lilnikee: I'll stick with my Samsung!
. Who asked you?mtewwww
Re: ‘iPhone 5S': Photos Of New iPhone Surfaces by naijaswag1: 10:07pm On Feb 12, 2013
linearity:

It is obvious that, you have a myopic view behind why people upgrade hence the above conclusion...

I had the iPhone 4S and sold it for $455.00 and turned around and bought iPhone 5 for $199, if you add tax and activation, it is approximately $230.00.

I have done this since the first generation iPhones, each year I get the new iPhone for I do not pay extra out of pocket for it...Your next question will be 'impossible'...'How did you do it?'...you will agree that, a Zombie will not be able to answer those questions, right?

This is how I do it:

2. One year after, I added a non-smart space phone to my contract for $10/month.
3. Yearly, I pay about $120.00 for the second phone and this phone also have two years contract.
4. This setup ensure that, each calendar year one of my phone's contract has a expire.
5. With the freed up contract, I buy a new iPhone for that year at the $199 price point.
6. If the expired contract is the nonsmart phone, I swap-out the two phones with the carrier at $0.00.

Expenses:
2. New iPhone = $230.00

TOTAL = $350.00

Income:
Sales of old iPhone = $455.00 (This phone is able to sell higher becos it has no contract, the new one is about $650.00).

YES, if apple comes out with iPhone 5S or 6 tomorrow, I will be trading in my current iPhone 5 for a new iPhone and line my pocket with some dollars while doing that....

This is a lot of stressful calculation for a property that cost less than 150,000 naira. I could do all these maths if am buying something that cost a few millions or tens of thousands of dollars.

1 Like

Re: ‘iPhone 5S': Photos Of New iPhone Surfaces by Abrantie: 10:23pm On Feb 12, 2013
naija_swag:

This is a lot of stressful calculation for a property that cost less than 150,000 naira. I could do all these maths if am buying something that cost a few millions or tens of thousands of dollars.

Unfortunately, that's how Yankee people roll. Even the most common good is purchased on credit or financed or subsidized because nobody has cash!

Want a phone while in America? Go to your nearest phone dealer and wait in an aircon office. The sales guy produces a bunch of forms for you to fill and sign. Afterwards, he types some stuff into his computer which is transmitted to some remote location -- FBI or CIA or Homeland Security perhaps? If you are lucky, he'd lift his head, smile and ask "which phone would you like?", If not, you'll hear "sorry, we can't help you at this time because your credit is..." grin.

If you just happen to be off the ship from Naija with stacks of 100 dollar bills, and do decide to buy the phone out right, this is what may happen:

When you hand out your money, the sales person will take it to his manager to be scrutinized. The manager will peep through his glass window to stare you up and down. They will then discuss how to deal with this "suspected drug dealer or money launderer". If you're lucky they'll run the bills through a counterfeit detector and sell you the phone. If you're not lucky, they might call security or police.
Re: ‘iPhone 5S': Photos Of New iPhone Surfaces by austinsmat(m): 11:16pm On Feb 12, 2013
ARES:
Bros all this story! Na glo abi na mtn u dey use.
All these yankee people sometimes una head dey touch,abi na for alaba or na computer village we go buy iphone $199 undecided ?
no mind them na too much taking of white powder stuff
Re: ‘iPhone 5S': Photos Of New iPhone Surfaces by ochukoccna: 11:48pm On Feb 12, 2013
All this one na stunt jo!
And its only the high end upcoming phone models that 'leak'
Last week saw the 'leaking' of HTC One and Samsung S4
This week sees the 'leaking' of Iphone 5S
What will tomorrow bring?[Apologies to Femi Kuti]
Re: ‘iPhone 5S': Photos Of New iPhone Surfaces by loswhite(m): 12:15am On Feb 13, 2013
playboy19: Just a waste of time and money, it's not like you're expecting anything different from iphone 4 in terms of looks or whatever, they all look the same and do the same thing. Only zombies find reasons to upgrade
a case of a zombie calling another zombie.wat concerns u wit ppl spending their moni to upgrade
Re: ‘iPhone 5S': Photos Of New iPhone Surfaces by gordonsmat(m): 5:28am On Feb 13, 2013
d phone is 4 d big thief in our society (government officials) and 4 d dudes.
Re: ‘iPhone 5S': Photos Of New iPhone Surfaces by Nobody: 6:58am On Feb 13, 2013
gordonsmat: d phone is 4 d big thief in our society (government officials) and 4 d dudes.

nice mentality....
Re: ‘iPhone 5S': Photos Of New iPhone Surfaces by tombeh(m): 7:06am On Feb 13, 2013
Why naija pple 2 de freek 4 fones? i luv de one i'm using.
Re: ‘iPhone 5S': Photos Of New iPhone Surfaces by Revolva(m): 9:14am On Feb 13, 2013
linearity:

This is how I do it:

Expenses:
2. New iPhone = $230.00

TOTAL = $350.00

Income:

Oga make we hear word jare!!! Oya se you don use am carry AFCON cup!!all iphone from 4s to 5s na d same tin jare
Re: ‘iPhone 5S': Photos Of New iPhone Surfaces by sinade1(m): 9:50am On Feb 13, 2013
Revolva:
Oga make we hear word jare!!! Oya se you don use am carry AFCON cup!!all iphone from 4s to 5s na d same tin jare

But 5s has not been released.

U don run pass ball.

2 Likes

Re: ‘iPhone 5S': Photos Of New iPhone Surfaces by chinosxl(m): 4:58am On Feb 14, 2013
apple is OVERRATED

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Blackberry Introduces BBM Voice Calls: Lets You Call BBM Contacts Free! / What's Your Reason For Locking Your Phone With A Code? / Which Apps Can Hide It Well?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.