Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,317 members, 7,811,944 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:25 AM

Are Graduates Who Reject Call-up Letters ,Re-mobilized? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Are Graduates Who Reject Call-up Letters ,Re-mobilized? (20585 Views)

Printing Of NYSC Call Up Letters / NYSC Speaks On #4000 Fee For Printing Call-up Letters. / NYSC Batch A Candidates, Have Call-up Letters Shown Up In Your School Yet? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Graduates Who Reject Call-up Letters ,Re-mobilized? by jtenna: 2:51pm On Feb 12, 2013
Please I need help!I was suppose to go for NYSC, batch c last year. I rejected the call-up letter due to some family crisis hoping to be re-mobilised for this year batch A. But the names came out and mine wasn't among. I later heard that NYSC has stopped re-mobilizing students who rejected their call-up letters. Is this true? And please what do you suggest is the way forward as I cannot apply for exemption because I am not up to 30? Please I need information from reliable sources.
Re: Are Graduates Who Reject Call-up Letters ,Re-mobilized? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Feb 12, 2013
j.tenna:
Please I need help!I was suppose to go for NYSC, batch c last year. I rejected the call-up letter due to some family crisis hoping to be re-mobilised for this year batch A. But the names came out and mine wasn't among. I later heard that NYSC has stopped re-mobilizing students who rejected their call-up letters. Is this true? And please what do you suggest is the way forward as I cannot apply for exemption because I am not up to 30? Please I need information from reliable sources.
congrats, u just missed batch A
That was a joke though, on a serious note; there is no automatic re mobilization, but my question goes thus, did u return back d call up letter u got last year? If yes, then u can remobilize for batch B starting from April at the student affairs dept of ur sch but if u collected the call up letter and didn't show up in camp, nysc ll assume u absconded and it a serious offense.. So best of luck

1 Like

Re: Are Graduates Who Reject Call-up Letters ,Re-mobilized? by jtenna: 5:29pm On Feb 13, 2013
Hi, thanks for the info.lol, that was a serious joke oh, anyway sha to answer your question, I did write a letter addressing it to the NYSC chairman. I took it along with my call-up letter to the student affairs. But the person in charge told me that NYSC mobilization office will soon stop re-mobilizing students who reject call-up letters. To be certain I was being told the truth, I called one of their secretariats and was told that there was nothing stopping me from being mobilized and that it all boils down to my school. Please is this true? I need enlightenment.
Re: Are Graduates Who Reject Call-up Letters ,Re-mobilized? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Feb 13, 2013
You can remobilize anytime, in as much as u returned the previous call up letter given to you, so in the words of the solders in camps ' you are good to go'
Re: Are Graduates Who Reject Call-up Letters ,Re-mobilized? by Kaiser96: 10:12am On Feb 14, 2013
I m a graduate of uniben.. A friend of mine was mobilized for batch B,but due to some problems,he cant finish his clearance,he later re mobilized for dis batch A..when d mobilization list was pasted, he saw that his name was not there,but when he went to the student affairs office, he saw his name,but it was not pasted with d oda's.. I m rily confused, cos' i m also in d same predicament.i m thinkin of travellin back to skul, but i wil like to know anyperson dt has also experienced dis.. N how do i go about it, n d last tin, y is uniben hidin d names of those ppl dt remobilized by not pasting?
Re: Are Graduates Who Reject Call-up Letters ,Re-mobilized? by jtenna: 1:59pm On Feb 14, 2013
Ogbeche77: You can remobilize anytime, in as much as u returned the previous call up letter given to you, so in the words of the solders in camps ' you are good to go'

Hi, thanks so much for the info. But I still need help. You see, my father is really worried about my not being mobilized and believe me, I just don't know why he takes it like such a big deal, as if my future will end if I don't go for service. So please I need to have the contact of the mobilization office in abuja so that I can call them in his present. To put his mind at rest, I hope. Can you help me with that? undecided
Re: Are Graduates Who Reject Call-up Letters ,Re-mobilized? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Feb 14, 2013
j.tenna:

Hi, thanks so much for the info. But I still need help. You see, my father is really worried about my not being mobilized and believe me, I just don't know why he takes it like such a big deal, as if my future will end if I don't go for service. So please I need to have the contact of the mobilization office in abuja so that I can call them in his present. To put his mind at rest, I hope. Can you help me with that? undecided
quite funny, I don't have the mobilization office number oooooo.. And I don't even think they ll attend to calls like that, u ll be directed to ur student affairs unit cos ur not a corper, even corpers are always directed back to the LI when they go to make enquiries or complain at the nysc office
And which sch did u grad from and what year
Re: Are Graduates Who Reject Call-up Letters ,Re-mobilized? by jtenna: 6:01pm On Feb 14, 2013
I graduated in 2011 from university of benin. So, are you saying i should seek info from my school?
Re: Are Graduates Who Reject Call-up Letters ,Re-mobilized? by Kaiser96: 6:10pm On Feb 14, 2013
U no c ma question??@op, smh
Re: Are Graduates Who Reject Call-up Letters ,Re-mobilized? by Kaiser96: 6:16pm On Feb 14, 2013
Wot dept do u graduate from, n when u were first mobilized.?? I wil be travellin to uniben nxt wk,it had be beta if we put heads togeda..
Re: Are Graduates Who Reject Call-up Letters ,Re-mobilized? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Feb 14, 2013
j.tenna:
I graduated in 2011 from university of benin. So, are you saying i should seek info from my school?
yes
Re: Are Graduates Who Reject Call-up Letters ,Re-mobilized? by jtenna: 1:43pm On Feb 15, 2013
Kaiser96: Wot dept do u graduate from, n when u were first mobilized.?? I wil be travellin to uniben nxt wk,it had be beta if we put heads togeda..
Hi kaiser, I graduated from economics and statistics education. I was mobilized last year november batchC. What about you? Did you also reject your call-up?
Re: Are Graduates Who Reject Call-up Letters ,Re-mobilized? by Kaiser96: 5:38pm On Feb 15, 2013
I did not reject it..i was indisposed.
Re: Are Graduates Who Reject Call-up Letters ,Re-mobilized? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Feb 15, 2013
Kaiser96: I did not reject it..i was indisposed.
did u write a formal letter to notify the student affair dept back then stating the reasons for not collecting your call up? Well different schools with different procedures.
This issue is relative, only ur DSA can be a judge on this

1 Like

Re: Are Graduates Who Reject Call-up Letters ,Re-mobilized? by kalunomics(m): 6:18pm On Feb 15, 2013
nysc needs jamb reg no now o! I'm guessing, you didn't provide that, maybe that's why you were not re-mobilised. Just maybe!
Re: Are Graduates Who Reject Call-up Letters ,Re-mobilized? by tchaik(m): 7:17pm On Feb 15, 2013
j.tenna:

I had the same issue during my time. All I did was just to return the call-up letter, write to the proper office at the student office, attached the original call-up( as sharp guy I don make photo-copy) to a letter : LETTER OF REQUEST FOR RE-MOBILISATION. (That's excatly the Title)!
But before I did that, I went to the Dean of Student affairs to inquire, though I coudnt see the Dean, I met the secratary who told me to do that. I asked her again and she 'ASSURED' me that nothing dey happen!

I did just that and got my call-up, no wahala at all

All the best.
Re: Are Graduates Who Reject Call-up Letters ,Re-mobilized? by wonda26(m): 7:22pm On Feb 15, 2013
It all boils down to this:
1) When u can't go at 1st mobilization, u inform NYSC thru ur Student Affairs and they wud direct u on †ђe neccessary procedures involved which i believe they know better than us (also, returning †ђe call up letter, i guess)
2) Whenever u intend going for service, u go back to Student Affairs and inform them prior to †ђe submission of names (i guess this usually involves submission of photocopy of Statement of Result/Certificate) so ur name can come out with †ђe correction list. U don't just sit at home & believe it would happen by itself especially when it involves UNIbENd angry
My believe is that its †ђe Student Affairs stuff. Proper follow-up & timing is important.
However, if u didn't return †ђe Call-up initially, different case!
My opinion tho'
Wish u luck!!
Several persons don't go at 1st mobilization so aint a new case. Just do as is required!!
Re: Are Graduates Who Reject Call-up Letters ,Re-mobilized? by CAMCHISCO: 7:37pm On Feb 15, 2013
u̶̲̥̅̊ can still be mobilised if u̶̲̥̅̊ hv shuned call up letter before. All you need to do is to go to d student affairs dept I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ ur schl with your result and they'll hv to check if ur name is among those who did nt collect their call up letter I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ d previous mobilization. Then u̶̲̥̅̊ might be asked to fill anoda form. Bt if ur data are intact den u̶̲̥̅̊ don't need any oda form. Failure to show ur face and re-apply I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ ur schl, u̶̲̥̅̊ can never be re-mobilised. u̶̲̥̅̊ hv to make ur plight knwn. Surely u̶̲̥̅̊'ll be mobilised again.But to be frank wit you, it's already late 4 batch 'A'2013.
Re: Are Graduates Who Reject Call-up Letters ,Re-mobilized? by speckless: 9:05pm On Feb 15, 2013
Guy, u can be remobilized as many times as u re willing to serve. Medical graduates do dat often. Kabish!
Re: Are Graduates Who Reject Call-up Letters ,Re-mobilized? by adanny01(m): 9:56pm On Feb 15, 2013
What ever it is that will be the solution, u cannot make Batch A. Start planning towards B as Batch A is hitting came in two weeks 5th March precisely.

Am sure if u go to the Student affairs now, they'll say come back later as they are busy treating batch A right now.

Go to NYSC website and see the Batch B calender. Go to school at the appropriate time to make sure you are remobilised.

I missed service 3 times due to simple avoidable errors which wasnt any of my fault.
Re: Are Graduates Who Reject Call-up Letters ,Re-mobilized? by Sike(m): 10:12pm On Feb 15, 2013
Question is: Why did you reject the Letter in the first instance?
Re: Are Graduates Who Reject Call-up Letters ,Re-mobilized? by aphoss: 12:57am On Feb 16, 2013
Hi ppl my case is diferent I was unduelly exempted 4rm service n ve done evrytin possible to rectify it bt my dean is makin issue difficult,I even went to state secteriat n dey said only my skull dean to resend my name bt he refuse.pls I need advice
Re: Are Graduates Who Reject Call-up Letters ,Re-mobilized? by jtenna: 6:55am On Feb 16, 2013
wonda26: It all boils down to this:
1) When u can't go at 1st mobilization, u inform NYSC thru ur Student Affairs and they wud direct u on †ђe neccessary procedures involved which i believe they know better than us (also, returning †ђe call up letter, i guess)
2) Whenever u intend going for service, u go back to Student Affairs and inform them prior to †ђe submission of names (i guess this usually involves submission of photocopy of Statement of Result/Certificate) so ur name can come out with †ђe correction list. U don't just sit at home & believe it would happen by itself especially when it involves UNIbENd angry
My believe is that its †ђe Student Affairs stuff. Proper follow-up & timing is important.
However, if u didn't return †ђe Call-up initially, different case!
My opinion tho'
Wish u luck!!
Several persons don't go at 1st mobilization so aint a new case. Just do as is required!!
Thank you very much ƒøŔ your answer, it is exactly †ђξ information I need. I will get myself ready ƒøŔ batch B. Hopefully, I pray ♏γ̲̣̣̥ name comes out.
Re: Are Graduates Who Reject Call-up Letters ,Re-mobilized? by Nobody: 7:04am On Feb 16, 2013
Sike: Question is: Why did you reject the Letter in the first instance?
and if she provides an answer to ur question, ll she get mobilized?
Re: Are Graduates Who Reject Call-up Letters ,Re-mobilized? by Nobody: 7:09am On Feb 16, 2013
aphoss: Hi ppl my case is diferent I was unduelly exempted 4rm service n ve done evrytin possible to rectify it bt my dean is makin issue difficult,I even went to state secteriat n dey said only my skull dean to resend my name bt he refuse.pls I need advice
it only the DSA that can proffer solution to ur problem, nysc is right, he is d final judge who determines whether u are still eligible or ineligible for nysc, so if u know the elder councilmen of his village, it high time u beg them to assist u in appealing to him on ur behalf, DSA's are alpha and omega on nysc ish
Re: Are Graduates Who Reject Call-up Letters ,Re-mobilized? by Kaiser96: 7:23am On Feb 16, 2013
I also wrote a letter to NYSC DG,statin d reasons why i couldnt meet up wiv d first batch,.. Nywayz, ma mind is already made up..its batch b tins, i callled d DSA in uniben,he told me dt remobilization n mobilization list will start to b compiled by d second week of march..@tenna..kanayo who is ur class rep then is ma buddy,n i graduated frm microbiology. So hw do i v ur contact numba..?
Re: Are Graduates Who Reject Call-up Letters ,Re-mobilized? by Kaiser96: 7:28am On Feb 16, 2013
[quote author=aphoss]Hi ppl my case is diferent I was unduelly exempted 4rm service n ve done evrytin possible to rectify it bt my dean is makin issue difficult,I even went to state secteriat n dey said only my skull dean to resend my name bt he refuse.pls I need advice
[/quote... Wot skul is dat n wot r d reasons u were originally exempted for.. My line of thot is dt different procedures for different skuls,bt usually,d student affairs office are d ones dt call d shots when it comes to issues lyk dis..
Re: Are Graduates Who Reject Call-up Letters ,Re-mobilized? by 2sign: 7:32am On Feb 16, 2013
when i was posted 2 bornu in 2011 with batch B,i remobilized when it was a day 2 their passin out frm camp,i went 2 uniben and d man in dt office did it 4 me without collectin any leta,e even changed my name and sex dt were wrong.
Re: Are Graduates Who Reject Call-up Letters ,Re-mobilized? by Kaiser96: 7:41am On Feb 16, 2013
[quote author=2sign]when i was posted 2 bornu in 2011 with batch B,i remobilized when it was a day 2 their passin out frm camp,i went 2 uniben and d man in dt office did it 4 me without collectin any leta,e even changed my name and sex dt were wrong.
Wonders shall neva end..its hard to believe,n supposedly in uniben
Re: Are Graduates Who Reject Call-up Letters ,Re-mobilized? by okenny2ky(m): 10:13am On Feb 16, 2013
funny enof! u can see da irony of life. one man's meat is anoda one's poison..... honestly I had a similar issue. Some 3 yrs ago I was mobilized buh had could not honour the call due to som vital reasons. I didnt even shw up @all nt to talk of rcvin d leta. Buh contrary to what ppe say of remobilizatn, I ve neva since been remobilized. that probably implies remobilization is nt automatic..........So I ll advice u go n c ur stdnts affairs unit to lodge ur complain
Re: Are Graduates Who Reject Call-up Letters ,Re-mobilized? by jtenna: 4:36pm On Feb 18, 2013
Thank you all for the advice, it would have be valuable to me but it so happens that i was remobilized after all. My name was in a seperate Nysc list called the 'remobilization list' which wasn't pasted on d public notice board. The only problem is, there is no call-up number yet. Now, how am i suppose to work my posting? @kraiser, if you rejected the call-up letter properly, go to the student affairs to check for ur name on d 'special list' lol. I just pray to be posted to somewhere close to lag or lag itself.
Re: Are Graduates Who Reject Call-up Letters ,Re-mobilized? by wonda26(m): 7:31am On Feb 20, 2013
j.tenna:
Thank you all for the advice, it would have be valuable to me but it so happens that i was remobilized after all. My name was in a seperate Nysc list called the 'remobilization list' which wasn't pasted on d public notice board. The only problem is, there is no call-up number yet. Now, how am i suppose to work my posting? @kraiser, if you rejected the call-up letter properly, go to the student affairs to check for ur name on d 'special list' lol. I just pray to be posted to somewhere close to lag or lag itself.

Good for you. . Wish you success. UnibENd is now trying to be straight small small.

(1) (2) (Reply)

NYSC POP: Don't Lose Faith / My Near Death Experience As A Prospective Stream II Corper / Two Corpers To Repeat Service In Benue For Absconding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.