Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,187 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

Godaddy.com Guys Are Stealing From Me! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Godaddy.com Guys Are Stealing From Me! (1138 Views)

Please I Need Consumer Reviews On Www.godaddy.com / Godaddy .com Domain Name Coupon @ $1.17 / Godaddy.com Issue. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Godaddy.com Guys Are Stealing From Me! by blushmg: 9:01am On Feb 13, 2013
After announcing a free domain with a web hosting plan bought, they didnt give me the free domain after i paid them. I complained and the money was refunded into my account so i wont be able to cash out! Now they say i should pay for the domain and they will give me a refund...i am sure it will also be a refund i cant spend anywhere else but their website. Isn't that stealing by trick?
Re: Godaddy.com Guys Are Stealing From Me! by Nobody: 9:32am On Feb 13, 2013
Lol!
@Topic you'll get free hosting with each domain name you buy. I think you should try www.ListMasta.com check the specials tab.
Re: Godaddy.com Guys Are Stealing From Me! by Nobody: 12:28pm On Feb 13, 2013
godaddy is famous when it comes to gimmicks. The will give you an option to have the money in your wallet with them or a refund to your payment method.
sending an email promising to "chargeback" help me get back my money.
Re: Godaddy.com Guys Are Stealing From Me! by easyresearch(m): 7:06pm On Feb 13, 2013
reliable domain reseller site in Nigeria visit www.hostlinker.com contact them for business negotiation.u can buy .com,biz,.info and others in less than 1500 naira
Re: Godaddy.com Guys Are Stealing From Me! by Chief06: 2:14am On Feb 14, 2013
Your situation is an anomaly. GoDaddy is great with such things. But why go through them for a webhosting plan, when you can get a 99c domain from them?
blushmg: After announcing a free domain with a web hosting plan bought, they didnt give me the free domain after i paid them. I complained and the money was refunded into my account so i wont be able to cash out! Now they say i should pay for the domain and they will give me a refund...i am sure it will also be a refund i cant spend anywhere else but their website. Isn't that stealing by trick?
Re: Godaddy.com Guys Are Stealing From Me! by blushmg: 7:49pm On Apr 01, 2015
Chief06:
Your situation is an anomaly. GoDaddy is great with such things. But why go through them for a webhosting plan, when you can get a 99c domain from them?

I actually got a refund into my account for this! Sorry i didn't update.

1 Like

Re: Godaddy.com Guys Are Stealing From Me! by Nobody: 9:27pm On Apr 01, 2015
You need to know how to put the cname, mx ns and others before you put it in your site by yourself . I was experiencing something like that before thanks to the hosting video I watched on Youtube and Google . It is not easy to host a website . I hosted my website a year for $10.
Re: Godaddy.com Guys Are Stealing From Me! by onyengbu: 2:52am On Apr 02, 2015
blushmg:
After announcing a free domain with a web hosting plan bought, they didnt give me the free domain after i paid them. I complained and the money was refunded into my account so i wont be able to cash out! Now they say i should pay for the domain and they will give me a refund...i am sure it will also be a refund i cant spend anywhere else but their website. Isn't that stealing by trick?
First, I strongly believe the failure to get the free domain was your fault. You obviously didnt type the name of your free domain after you have selected your hosting plan before checkout. I have once made that mistake myself.

Again the decision to get that money refunded into your Godaddy account is the best decision you made this year assuuming you made that decision yourself.
I said this because I requested for my money to be refunded to my bank account recently and it took Ecobank which issued the card 2 months of persistent calls and form filling to get the money back into my account. The delay was not from Godaddy as Ecobank suprisingly accepted. Infact the refund was processed by Godaddy within 24 hours. But the problem here is that our Nigerian banks issue these cards from subsidiaries (Chase in this case) and it appears they do not yet have an automated system of processing such refund. They have to "investigate" first. The investigation lasted about 8 weeks!

All in all, Godaddy did not steal from you. It is simply a challenge of as a result of you failing to use their site well.

(1) (Reply)

Domain King Wordpres Blog Hosting Help / Find Out Best Web Designing Company In Delhi / *** GET REAL UNLIMITED WEB TRAFFIC FOR YOUR WEBSITE or BLOG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.