Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

The List Of Keshi's Demands To Nnf - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The List Of Keshi's Demands To Nnf (733 Views)

PHOTO: Copy Of Keshi's Letter To The NFF / Stephen Keshi Demands N1billion Compensation From NFF / Keshi Demands N10 Million/Month Contract To Be Paid Upfront (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The List Of Keshi's Demands To Nnf by redcliff: 12:08pm On Feb 13, 2013
If there’s any reason we should trust Stephen Keshi, it’s because he has proven himself to be quite good at games. And we’re not talking football. Barely 24 hours after the Super Eagles won the AFCON, we heard the news that Stephen Keshi, Super Eagles Manager and Coach, had resigned. The news swept across the nation; angry wildfire on the tongues of men.

Then just as we were getting ready to occupy something, we found out he’d withdrawn his resignation.

Here’s his statement:

My attention has been drawn to reports in the media that I have resigned my appointment as the Head Coach of Super Eagles of Nigeria.

While I have had cause to express my displeasure over some issues that happened in the course of our participation in the AFCON 2013, which my team won by the grace of God, especially concerning my relationship with the Nigerian Football Federation, I have since had opportunity to discuss the various issues with all concerned. I am therefore pleased to say that I have reconsidered my position and have decided to continue with my job.

I want to thank the Honourable Minister of Sports, Mallam Bolaji Abdullahi, for his swift and kind intervention.

Signed

Stephen Okechukwu Keshi

12th February 2013

Nicely done, Keshi. Nicely done. We see what you did there. If we were you too, we’d have done exactly the same thing.

Yes indeed, after doing our damndest to guide the Super Eagles to victory, past the murky waters of NFF politics and dreadful dangers of failure, we’d have said “My work here is done.” And walked off. Then we’d have listened with immense self gratification to the footsteps running after us

They’d be desperate. They’d offer anything. We’d pretend to reconsider for a while, and then grudgingly accept. “But only if,” we would have said, “You are prepared to meet my list of demands.”

We don’t know what you demanded, but we came up with a few suggestions for you:

1. A 5 year ironclad contract to Coach Super Eagles regardless of wins and/or losses.

2. Good seats at any movie you’re going to at the cinema.

3. A Valentine’s gift from every Nigerian.

4. A valentine’s gift from every Nigerian except Mr Ibu.

5. Everybody has to address you by new nickname “Coach Of Life.”

Well played, Keshi. We are extremely proud of you.

You have demonstrated beyond any doubt, that when it comes to subterfuge and intrigue, strategy and game play, you are well ahead of the competition

SOURCE

1 Like

Re: The List Of Keshi's Demands To Nnf by Dreal1247: 1:00pm On Feb 13, 2013
Thank God 4 the sports minister. The shameless nff who ar more interested in their belly should av kicked him off. Naija has a compound problem & needs compound divine intavntion. God wil help us

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

FIFA Release Goran Pandev Slip On Vote Switch-gate / Man Utd 2013/2014 Season / Malawi Get $5000 Bonus To Defeat Eagles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.