Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,668 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. (3983 Views)

136 Christians Convert To Islam In Kwara State / This Post Is Sure Gonna Make You Angry. That's Your Problem!! / What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by wiegraf: 10:30am On Feb 14, 2013
Denying them front page is reasonable, really
Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by honeric01(m): 10:30am On Feb 14, 2013
Obinoscopy: Islamic Threads should still make frontpage so that Muslims around the world can see it and make their contributions.

No, they should go straight to their board just like ashawo joints don't advertise their location due to the fact that they are not tasteful to the general public, yet their customers know their way to the joints without advert.

7 Likes

Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by Obinoscopy(m): 10:37am On Feb 14, 2013
honeric01:

No, they should go straight to their board just like ashawo joints don't advertise their location due to the fact that they are not tasteful to the general public, yet their customers know their way to the joints without advert.
lol @ the ashawo joint example.

The muslim nairalanders know their way to their board but the guests and newbies don't, hence the need to put some interesting muslim threads on the frontpage for the guests and newbies.

1 Like

Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by proo212(m): 11:13am On Feb 14, 2013
Well the Nairaland Islam section is a subset of exactly what is happening worldwide. The other side has to back down because they always have their way by resorting to violence or threats of violence....That should tell you something and no, you don't have to think to hard.
Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by honeric01(m): 11:16am On Feb 14, 2013
Obinoscopy: lol @ the ashawo joint example.

The muslim nairalanders know their way to their board but the guests and newbies don't, hence the need to put some interesting muslim threads on the frontpage for the guests and newbies.

Then,newbies and guests should take out time clicking on religion [/b]if they want to [b]locate their board, religion [/b]is easy to spot on the front page, [b]no excuse!
Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by FXKing2012(m): 11:20am On Feb 14, 2013
honeric01:

GBAM!
Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by justaqad(m): 11:21am On Feb 14, 2013
Seun:
There is no Christian and Atheist forum. We believe Christians and atheists can debate themselves without resorting to violence.

you just insulted Muslims......
Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by Obinoscopy(m): 11:48am On Feb 14, 2013
honeric01:

Then,newbies and guests should take out to time clicking on religion if they want to locate their board, religion is easy to spot on the front page, no excuse!
Not true! Its not easy for a newbie or a guest to spot it.
Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by Obinoscopy(m): 11:55am On Feb 14, 2013
justaqad:

But he speaks the truth! He wears the shoe and he knows where it pinches him. There had been threats of fatwa on nairaland in the past because of some uncouth words against islam on this forum. Now isn't that violence?

I know there are many tolerant muslim brothers out there but we can't deny the presence of the extremists whoose ranks are on the increase with each passing day.
Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by wiegraf: 11:56am On Feb 14, 2013
justaqad:

It matters not, you're the only muslim that seems to think so, or even care. And I don't think he's particularly worried about the amount of influence you hold over your bretheren
Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by Seun(m): 12:28pm On Feb 14, 2013
justaqad: you just insulted Muslims......
That was not my intention. I'm very sorry for saying that. sad
Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by honeric01(m): 12:29pm On Feb 14, 2013
Obinoscopy: Not true! Its not easy for a newbie or a guest to spot it.

Type www.nairaland.com, then tell me how difficult it is to spot "religion" on the front page.
Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by Obinoscopy(m): 12:32pm On Feb 14, 2013
honeric01:

Type www.nairaland.com, then tell me how difficult it is to spot "religion" on the front page.
I'm neither a newbie nor a guest.
Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by honeric01(m): 12:38pm On Feb 14, 2013
Obinoscopy: I'm neither a newbie nor a guest.

Okay, respond as a newbie, what makes spotting the "religion section" difficult from the front page?
Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by mumumugu(m): 12:40pm On Feb 14, 2013
Why must we continue to blend just to satisfy d taste of intolerant muslims.?

First some states legalised SHARIA law difrent from nigerian constitution just to satisfy muslim quest to implement koran law
but nothing like christianity law

nairaland is now blending its rules for muslimst. Muslims are extrimist.

Seun, open another forum for muslims. Call it www.muslimland.com
Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by Obinoscopy(m): 12:43pm On Feb 14, 2013
honeric01:

Okay, respond as a newbie, what makes spotting the "religion section" difficult from the front page?
Its not catchy. I myself never knew the various sections and subsections until I got acclimatized to the site. I even just discovered sections such as the pictures section late last year!
Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by justaqad(m): 2:25pm On Feb 14, 2013
Seun:
That was not my intention. I'm very sorry for saying that. sad

APOLOGY ACCEPTED.
Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by PastorKun(m): 3:04pm On Feb 14, 2013
justaqad:

Instead of this comment you passed, I think you and all muslims should have a sober reflection and ask yourselves why Islam is associated with violence and what you can do to improve on the perception of Islam by non muslims. As it is now, it remains a fact that a lot of muslims are intolerant and resort to violence when they perceive anything negative is being said about their religion irrespective of whether it is true or false.

2 Likes

Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by justaqad(m): 3:12pm On Feb 14, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Instead of this comment you passed, I think you and all muslims should have a sober reflection and ask yourselves why Islam is associated with violence and what you can do to improve on the perception of Islam by non muslims. As it is now, it remains a fact that a lot of muslims are intolerant and resort to violence when they perceive anything negative is being said about their religion irrespective of whether it is true or false.

but i am not....
generalization is wrong..... (remember Rev king)

seun acted maturely by apologizing not just to me but to Muslims as well
Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by Obinoscopy(m): 3:21pm On Feb 14, 2013
justaqad:

but i am not....
generalization is wrong..... (remember Rev king)

seun acted maturely by apologizing not just to me but to Muslims as well
Point of correction at the bolded, he never generalized for all muslims. He said "a lot of muslims" and not "all muslims"

2 Likes

Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by PastorKun(m): 3:26pm On Feb 14, 2013
Obinoscopy: Point of correction at the bolded, he never generalized for all muslims. He said "a lot of muslims" and not "all muslims"

Thanx for this correction.
Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by justaqad(m): 3:34pm On Feb 14, 2013
Obinoscopy: Point of correction at the bolded, he never generalized for all muslims. He said "a lot of muslims" and not "all muslims"

never be in a haste to type
seun said this
seun:

There is no Christian and Atheist forum. We believe Christians and atheists can debate themselves without resorting to violence.
read again, you would understand why he apologized.
Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by justaqad(m): 3:34pm On Feb 14, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Thanx for this correction.

even you pastor kunu?
seun said this
seun:

Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by PastorKun(m): 3:43pm On Feb 14, 2013
justaqad:

even you pastor kunu?
seun said this

If I were you I would rather spend my time in calling Muslims who are quick to resort to violence to order. These are the real people giving Islam a bad name and not someone like seun or myself who made very sincere comments even though you have decided to find faults with these comments. The fact remains that if a significant number of muslims are not quick to resort to violence over the slightest provocation, seun would not have made that statement in the first instance. The apology was probably to deter some of your brethen from resorting to threats and violence as is now the norm.
Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by justaqad(m): 3:53pm On Feb 14, 2013
Pastor Kun:

If I were you I would rather spend my time in calling Muslims who are quick to resort to violence to order. These are the real people giving Islam a bad name and not someone like seun or myself who made very sincere comments even though you have decided to find faults with these comments. The fact remains that if a significant number of muslims are not quick to resort to violence over the slightest provocation, seun would not have made that statement in the first instance. The apology was probably to deter some of your brethen from resorting to threats and violence as is now the norm.

i believe you have acknowledged your mistake.good
i wont say there are no muslim extremist but generalizing is wrong.extremism is not rooted to any religion.
Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by PastorKun(m): 4:03pm On Feb 14, 2013
justaqad:

i wont say there are no muslim extremist but generalizing is wrong.extremism is not rooted to any religion.

I NEVER generalised and that is why I qualified my initial statement with 'a lot of'. This I believe has already been pointed out to you. I can personally testify that a lot of muslims abhor violence, unfortunately there is still a sizeable number (even though in minority) who are quick to resort to violence at the slightest provocation.

1 Like

Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by mumumugu(m): 5:50pm On Feb 14, 2013
justaqad:

a religion which over 90 percent are extremist.even koran suport extreme action. He isnt out of place to generalise
Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by Joel3(m): 6:45pm On Feb 14, 2013
That Is not fair, maybe seun is enjoying the christian fight here or je might be a muslim, as far as i am concern the christian need a seperate room. Others can share here.
Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by Nobody: 7:40pm On Feb 14, 2013
justaqad:

never be in a haste to type
seun said this

wait ooo, dis statement dey wrong?
Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by Nobody: 8:02pm On Feb 14, 2013
now i see old time members are thinking in the same direction, but i think anyway seun wants to do it he should do. it is his own property but i cant kiss his azzzs in the face of injustice. what mac is doing in the overall view of the islam section is annoying, seun is aware, why dont he stop insulting the sensibilities of others? if you can give the mods free reign, why not the same with christian and atheist threads? the solution is to merge all boards together as years back or delete the cancer called religion board.finito

2 Likes

Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by Nobody: 8:09pm On Feb 14, 2013
Joel.:
That Is not fair, maybe seun is enjoying the christian fight here or je might be a muslim, as far as i am concern the christian need a seperate room. Others can share here.
not maybe. He actually does. traffic and more money from division
Re: To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. by Nobody: 8:13pm On Feb 14, 2013
toba: not maybe. He actually does. traffic and more money from division
then what is your judgement as a christian?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Reasons We Female Atheist Don't Come Out / What I Experienced At Redemption Camp Yesterday / God’s Existence: The Deist Perspective

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.