Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,597 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

Do You Have Any Problem Using Glo Bis On Ur Modem? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Do You Have Any Problem Using Glo Bis On Ur Modem? (4139 Views)

How I Get 7gb+ For N600 On Airtel Rather Than Using Glo 6gb For N1500. / Using Glo Blackberry Subscription On Android / Unlock Ur Modem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Have Any Problem Using Glo Bis On Ur Modem? by solid3(m): 7:49am On Feb 14, 2013
Hi, I'm having issues with using glo bis (somonth) on my glo modem.

Each time I try to connect, this is what I get:

The remote computer did not respond. To make sure that the server can be reached, ping the remote computer.

Meanwhile the GLO NETPRO is connecting fine.

I have the right APN: blackberry.net, username, password blank.

Please has anyone encountered such problems? How did you solve it?

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Do You Have Any Problem Using Glo Bis On Ur Modem? by calebo10(m): 8:14am On Feb 14, 2013
i think i have similar problem of using GLO BIS on my laptop.
Re: Do You Have Any Problem Using Glo Bis On Ur Modem? by Mcleo007(m): 9:07am On Feb 14, 2013
GLO network I must say, is generally bad these days. Works fine sometimes and puffs up at other times. Its a topsy turvy charade! At the moment, it is what I'm using to post this. It was crappy yesternite1
Re: Do You Have Any Problem Using Glo Bis On Ur Modem? by Francheezy(m): 9:47am On Feb 14, 2013
i av d same pr0blem...my lapt0p as 3usb p0rts....my m0dem 0nly c0nneCts if i plug it in 0ne 0f dem...it sh0ws dat c0nnEcti0n failed in d 0da tw0...try al d usb p0rts in ur lapt0p
Re: Do You Have Any Problem Using Glo Bis On Ur Modem? by solid3(m): 10:06am On Feb 14, 2013
So what is the way out people?
Re: Do You Have Any Problem Using Glo Bis On Ur Modem? by solid3(m): 10:09am On Feb 14, 2013
So what is the way out people?

I hav tried d modem on other USB ports. Still no connection.
Re: Do You Have Any Problem Using Glo Bis On Ur Modem? by solid3(m): 3:39pm On Feb 14, 2013
can any one help?
Re: Do You Have Any Problem Using Glo Bis On Ur Modem? by luluosas(m): 4:00pm On Feb 14, 2013
*solid*:

The remote computer did not respond. To make sure that the server can be reached, ping the remote computer.

Thanks.
Is the blackberry.net profile set as default? I am asking because I am connecting without issues on my own Glo Bolt Modem.
Re: Do You Have Any Problem Using Glo Bis On Ur Modem? by Francheezy(m): 4:18pm On Feb 14, 2013
my guy d same tin iz appunin t0 mE, am br0ws!nG wit my f0nE but n0t c0nneCtinG wit my m0dem....we r in d same pr0b....any way 0ut ?
Re: Do You Have Any Problem Using Glo Bis On Ur Modem? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Feb 14, 2013
*solid*:

Thanks.

If "GLO NETPRO" is connecting fine, and for the fact that the network you are connecting to is DHCP Enabled, simply do a ping on Glo's DNS server to verify if it's a network issue from their end.
Re: Do You Have Any Problem Using Glo Bis On Ur Modem? by Youngpo413: 5:20pm On Feb 14, 2013
This is what I have on my glo sim
"1022968 mb valid till 29/08/2111"
pls how many megabyte is that?and when will it expire?cuz I dont understand that year,pls someone shld help me out.
Thanks.
Re: Do You Have Any Problem Using Glo Bis On Ur Modem? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Feb 14, 2013
Young po413: This is what I have on my glo sim
pls how many megabyte is that?and when will it expire?cuz I dont understand that year,pls someone shld help me out.
Thanks.

That's equivalent to "998.9921875" gigabit and "124.8740234375" gigabytes.... And as for the expiration date, <year 2111> means... unlimited. I'm sure your network provider knows you will exhaust this before that year.
Re: Do You Have Any Problem Using Glo Bis On Ur Modem? by luluosas(m): 6:00pm On Feb 14, 2013
Thanks.
If the result I got on the internet is correct then, you are having a whooping 998.992GB data volume. Hahahaha! Is Glo crazy to dash a single person this whole volume for free?

Re: Do You Have Any Problem Using Glo Bis On Ur Modem? by Francheezy(m): 6:23pm On Feb 14, 2013
Thanks.
datz m0re dan 100gb...did u jst migrate t0 gbam ? Nd sins wen av u bin using ur sim ?
Aw mch wld u sel it t0 mE ?
Re: Do You Have Any Problem Using Glo Bis On Ur Modem? by Youngpo413: 7:08pm On Feb 14, 2013
Francheezy:
datz m0re dan 100gb...did u jst migrate t0 gbam ? Nd sins wen av u bin using ur sim ?
Aw mch wld u sel it t0 mE ?
Yeah i just migrated to gbam,how did you know?even they are also dashing me free 5mb daily and I don run away from mtn pulse and airtel club padis.
Re: Do You Have Any Problem Using Glo Bis On Ur Modem? by Youngpo413: 7:12pm On Feb 14, 2013
@franchezzy,@luluosas,@kunletiwoo,thank you all for enlightening me,I really appreciate.
Re: Do You Have Any Problem Using Glo Bis On Ur Modem? by Francheezy(m): 7:29pm On Feb 14, 2013
cee d0nf0j0's 0wn can u immagine,..

Re: Do You Have Any Problem Using Glo Bis On Ur Modem? by solid3(m): 7:00am On Feb 15, 2013
whats d way out of this glo netpro modem issue with not connectin with blackberry.net?
Re: Do You Have Any Problem Using Glo Bis On Ur Modem? by luluosas(m): 8:01am On Feb 15, 2013
Francheezy: cee d0nf0j0's 0wn can u immagine,..
Don't tell me what I am seeing on your screenshot here is true oooooooo
Re: Do You Have Any Problem Using Glo Bis On Ur Modem? by Francheezy(m): 8:33am On Feb 15, 2013
luluosas:
Don't tell me what I am seeing on your screenshot here is true oooooooo
na true oooooooo, buh n0 b me get am
Re: Do You Have Any Problem Using Glo Bis On Ur Modem? by Youngpo413: 9:18am On Feb 15, 2013
Im wondering what happening with glo,I have not been using that sim for sometime,so I heard of this new gbam tariff with 5mb daily so I decided to give it a trial,after migrating,3 days has passed without any sign of free 5mb and daily access fee were deducted,I was very angry and later called their customer care and that guy told me to exercise patience,later on that same day around 1pm,glo sent me an sms notifying me of my free 5mb,so I quickly typed *127*0#,wetin I saw.I no fit shout.
Thank to globacom nigeria.
I wish am using an android smartphone,I for enjoy am wella but nokia asha 302,nothing for me.
;(
Re: Do You Have Any Problem Using Glo Bis On Ur Modem? by solid3(m): 9:31am On Feb 15, 2013
Please if u ar not experiencing the problem raised on this thread, you can create ur own topic.

I'm in search of what can be done to rectify this problem.
Re: Do You Have Any Problem Using Glo Bis On Ur Modem? by golamike: 1:57pm On Feb 15, 2013
Pls anyone with useful info should respond fast abeg. Dis glo network is annoying me ooooooooo
Re: Do You Have Any Problem Using Glo Bis On Ur Modem? by Youngpo413: 2:34pm On Feb 15, 2013
Keep searching
Re: Do You Have Any Problem Using Glo Bis On Ur Modem? by luluosas(m): 3:13pm On Feb 15, 2013
Young po413: Im wondering what happening with glo,I have not been using that sim for sometime,so I heard of this new gbam tariff with 5mb daily so I decided to give it a trial,after migrating,3 days has passed without any sign of free 5mb and daily access fee were deducted,I was very angry and later called their customer care and that guy told me to exercise patience,later on that same day around 1pm,glo sent me an sms notifying me of my free 5mb,so I quickly typed *127*0#,wetin I saw.I no fit shout.
I wish am using an android smartphone,I for enjoy am wella but nokia asha 302,nothing for me.
;(
Before they adjusted this current tariff on G-BAM, one of my Glo lines has been on it since it was launched in 2011. Now, I have never gotten the free 5MB bonus on the line and the daily access of N5 is always deducted. I called customer care this morning to complain about the none free 5MB they advertised on the plan, the lady that attended to me said, they will work on it and I am still waiting for the sms from them.
Now, how many data volume did they give you? Please, tell us. Thank you.
Re: Do You Have Any Problem Using Glo Bis On Ur Modem? by luluosas(m): 3:13pm On Feb 15, 2013
golamike: Pls anyone with useful info should respond fast abeg. Dis glo network is annoying me ooooooooo
What do you want to solve?
Re: Do You Have Any Problem Using Glo Bis On Ur Modem? by luluosas(m): 3:15pm On Feb 15, 2013
Francheezy:
na true oooooooo, buh n0 b me get am
Eyah! How I wish them go craz give me the same thing, I for no resubscribe for bb plan again as that volume go carry me throughout 2014.
Re: Do You Have Any Problem Using Glo Bis On Ur Modem? by golamike: 4:18pm On Feb 15, 2013
luluosas:
What do you want to solve?

Difficulty in browsing with glo bis on modem!
Re: Do You Have Any Problem Using Glo Bis On Ur Modem? by luluosas(m): 4:39pm On Feb 15, 2013
golamike:

Difficulty in browsing with glo bis on modem!
Does it connect at all or what exactly is the problem? Please, respond with the exact challenges you are facing. Thank you.
Re: Do You Have Any Problem Using Glo Bis On Ur Modem? by lynxnoon(m): 10:01pm On Feb 15, 2013
Young po413: Im wondering what happening with glo,I have not been using that sim for sometime,so I heard of this new gbam tariff with 5mb daily so I decided to give it a trial,after migrating,3 days has passed without any sign of free 5mb and daily access fee were deducted,I was very angry and later called their customer care and that guy told me to exercise patience,later on that same day around 1pm,glo sent me an sms notifying me of my free 5mb,so I quickly typed *127*0#,wetin I saw.I no fit shout.
;(
So what access point name (apn) areyou using for the data u now have?
Re: Do You Have Any Problem Using Glo Bis On Ur Modem? by luluosas(m): 11:48pm On Feb 15, 2013
lynxnoon:
So what access point name (apn) areyou using for the data u now have?
To use the free data from Glo, the access point to use is gloflat, username and password is flat. Good luck.
Re: Do You Have Any Problem Using Glo Bis On Ur Modem? by Youngpo413: 8:41am On Feb 18, 2013
luluosas:
Before they adjusted this current tariff on G-BAM, one of my Glo lines has been on it since it was launched in 2011. Now, I have never gotten the free 5MB bonus on the line and the daily access of N5 is always deducted. I called customer care this morning to complain about the none free 5MB they advertised on the plan, the lady that attended to me said, they will work on it and I am still waiting for the sms from them.
Now, how many data volume did they give you? Please, tell us. Thank you.

1022966mb valid till 29/08/2111
and free 5mb daily.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tecno Spark 5, Spark 5 Air Launched With 5000mah Battery Price In Ghana, Nigeria / Verification Of NIN Details / Hack Your S60 Phones In 3 Minutes,anytime,anywhere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.