Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,304 members, 7,811,898 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:42 PM

What Is Wrong With Syskay Hosting? ??? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Is Wrong With Syskay Hosting? ??? (2731 Views)

I Dont Know What Is Wrong With Whogohost My Website Server Is Going Down / What Is Wrong With Building 5 Page Websites For 5,000? I Do / What Is Wrong With Yahoo Mail? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Wrong With Syskay Hosting? ??? by Nobody: 11:54am On Feb 14, 2013
I have about 4 websites hosted on syskay.com but none of them are opening or displaying as of the time i"m typing this. Pls does anyone here hosts with them? Is yours affected? the Cpanel of each of the sites are not even opening and their contact numbers are all switched off.
Re: What Is Wrong With Syskay Hosting? ??? by Napolitano(m): 3:04pm On Feb 14, 2013
Dunno. So far, the most reliable Nigerian host is Registeram.com. I am currently hosting sites on smartweb and ihostafrica. Only one time, I had an issue with Registeram, and I was pre-informed on the downtime due to maintenance.
Re: What Is Wrong With Syskay Hosting? ??? by goldenimp(m): 6:32pm On Feb 14, 2013
same with me too ..my old websites on it are opening but the new ones just bought not opening..all phones to them are dead..im worried..emails not replying ....what can we do ??
Re: What Is Wrong With Syskay Hosting? ??? by utimatedes(m): 8:53am On Feb 15, 2013
Napolitano: Dunno. So far, the most reliable Nigerian host is Registeram.com. I am currently hosting sites on smartweb and ihostafrica. Only one time, I had an issue with Registeram, and I was pre-informed on the downtime due to maintenance.

Are you paid to promote? Don't say that again because you don't sound real.
Re: What Is Wrong With Syskay Hosting? ??? by trusted1: 10:34am On Feb 15, 2013
This is a very serious matter O!!! I have enough sites with syskay and the most annoying is all their contact is not available. It seems its not safe to host ur site locally. How can't there be contact, why should u leave ur customers in the dark. I can't do that and I feel it's not right.
Re: What Is Wrong With Syskay Hosting? ??? by Nobody: 11:45am On Feb 15, 2013
Please does anyone residing in ibadan know how to locate them? This is becoming serious o. My clients are disturbing me seriously o
Re: What Is Wrong With Syskay Hosting? ??? by goldenimp(m): 12:01pm On Feb 15, 2013
what do we do now?
Re: What Is Wrong With Syskay Hosting? ??? by soloqy: 12:02pm On Feb 15, 2013
goldenimp: sent someone to there office in ibadan..learnt he was arrested by ICPC..taken to abuja..turned off his phones and shut down the websites..what do we do now?

Arrested by ICPC? For what? Did you ask?
Re: What Is Wrong With Syskay Hosting? ??? by kombo(m): 12:31pm On Feb 15, 2013
Am tired of this already, my clients tink am d one cheating dem... I hope dey come back up soon
Re: What Is Wrong With Syskay Hosting? ??? by rufaai(m): 1:02pm On Feb 15, 2013
utimatedes: Are you paid to promote? Don't say that again because you don't sound real.
@utimatedes And what are your bases of saying that? She didn't sound any bias or too aggressive on the recommendation.
Re: What Is Wrong With Syskay Hosting? ??? by kombo(m): 3:47pm On Feb 15, 2013
I have a couple of sites/blogs on this syskay server... and now my clients have been calling me always, am just tired of this mess, this one www.naijabambam.com is up and some 2 others are down... pls anybody with any information shld not hesitate, please!!!!
Re: What Is Wrong With Syskay Hosting? ??? by yamakuza: 3:39am On Feb 16, 2013
soloqy:

Arrested by ICPC? For what? Did you ask?

i wont be surprised if someone hosted a scam site on one of his servers.

a lot of those offering "cheap" hosting packages are very susceptible to this form of attack/abuse.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Syskay Hosting? ??? by soloqy: 12:24pm On Feb 16, 2013
yamakuza:

a lot of those offering "cheap" hosting packages are very susceptible to this form of attack/abuse.

Thats true
Re: What Is Wrong With Syskay Hosting? ??? by DualCore1: 1:27pm On Feb 16, 2013
yamakuza:

Except the scam site pulled in a really big loot, this is not likely. Scam sites come up everyday, I have not heard of a host being arrested for such if the normal process is followed. Most users report a scam site, the host (if innocent) immediately takes action to turn it down and that the end of the story in most cases except the offended produces a subpoena asking to release the client's contact details. A different story will be painted if the host refuses to take down a scam site in its network.

So while the scam site reason is possible, its highly unlikely to be in in Syskay's case.
Re: What Is Wrong With Syskay Hosting? ??? by rufaai(m): 8:44pm On Feb 16, 2013
Dual Core:
So while the scam site reason is possible, its highly unlikely to be in in Syskay's case.
When they are not responding to their support desk or any email, i wonder how they answer to scam reports! :/
Re: What Is Wrong With Syskay Hosting? ??? by WordPresser(m): 11:52pm On Feb 16, 2013
Syskay.com had done us all!! But there must be a way out of this mess. The offering by one Ruffai, promoter of gigalayer hosting firm can be use for tempoary solution?
Re: What Is Wrong With Syskay Hosting? ??? by zikclassiq(m): 12:05am On Feb 17, 2013
WordPresser: Syskay.com had done us all!! But there must be a way out of this mess. The offering by one Ruffai, promoter of gigalayer hosting firm can be use for tempoary solution?
prepare to pay N2000 for webhosting and N500 for domain transfer. Even though they promise 6months free webhosting.
Re: What Is Wrong With Syskay Hosting? ??? by yamakuza: 5:20am On Feb 17, 2013
Dual Core:
Except the scam site pulled in a really big loot, this is not likely. Scam sites come up everyday, I have not heard of a host being arrested for such if the normal process is followed. Most users report a scam site, the host (if innocent) immediately takes action to turn it down and that the end of the story in most cases except the offended produces a subpoena asking to release the client's contact details. A different story will be painted if the host refuses to take down a scam site in its network.

yes, we are both correct.

but remember that its usually the likes of Spamcop, Interpol and some other foreign law enforcement agencies that send you notices, and maybe subpoena your provider if you dont comply/depending on the gravity of the offense.

our Nigerian agencies are less civil. they prefer to raid your offices at the slightest provocation, and lock up as many people as they can lay their hands on. "sting" , they think it is.

of course we dont know the details, but the only connection i see between efcc/icpc and a webhost is that someone has reported something. locally. it doesnt even have to pull in a big loot. a clone of any of our 25 banks is enough to cause this. #example

as in, its this complex cos its being handled by local authorities.

with regards to precedence, EFCC has actually shut down SignOnAfrica in the past. "Seized" all their servers and ran them out of business at the height of their popularity.

for the fact that their site is still up and their office still open, they can at least inform their clients on the best alternatives.

if the content(s) of the server is being investigated by ICPC, i dont see it coming online anytime soon, given how long their processes/investigations take.

its either syskay migrates them to a new server or the clients move their backups to a new host. [s]unfortunately, "the boss" is not around to give the order.[/s]

i really think all webmasters and their clients should look into offsite backup solutions.
Re: What Is Wrong With Syskay Hosting? ??? by mrvictor: 2:12pm On Feb 17, 2013
I have been hosting with Syskay since 2007 and for those 6years they have never disappointed me.
I have a number of websites hosted with them and consider them the most effective webhosting company in Naija.
This sudden development is quite worrisome.
I believe there must be a very serious trouble on the side of syskay to have caused this mess.
No news, no announcement, no correspondence, all contacts cut off...customers stranded...
I do hope they come through whatever the issue is and I pray business returns as it was.
Since last Friday, I have been left thinking of ways out of this
...my business reputation/customer satisfaction, the most essential of part of my resolution...
Re: What Is Wrong With Syskay Hosting? ??? by trusted1: 4:37pm On Feb 18, 2013
Hi people, Pls what next? my clients are killing me!
Re: What Is Wrong With Syskay Hosting? ??? by soloqy: 4:57pm On Feb 18, 2013
trusted1: Hi people, Pls what next? my clients are killing me!

Tell them the truth that your host Partners have problems. That you will need to move them to new servers. Period..

Then get another host for crying out loud. Some people have been giving options. Someone even offered temporary relief for 15 people.

Log in to the domain management panel like someone described in another thread and point your domain elsewhere.
Re: What Is Wrong With Syskay Hosting? ??? by zikclassiq(m): 5:17pm On Feb 18, 2013
mrvictor: I have been hosting with Syskay since 2007 and for those 6years they have never disappointed me.
I have a number of websites hosted with them and consider them the most effective webhosting company in Naija.
This sudden development is quite worrisome.
I believe there must be a very serious trouble on the side of syskay to have caused this mess.
No news, no announcement, no correspondence, all contacts cut off...customers stranded...
I do hope they come through whatever the issue is and I pray business returns as it was.
Since last Friday, I have been left thinking of ways out of this
...my business reputation/customer satisfaction, the most essential of part of my resolution...
tru. Nt alone in this. Me too. Its jus too pathetic. And you cant transfer domains that you'v registered within d last 3months eh! My old clients wil understand. Bt the recent ones wil think i just colected their pay, work n "cut-shorted" them. Atleast they shud give info, hint, advice..just anythin coz..hmmm. God help us al
Re: What Is Wrong With Syskay Hosting? ??? by soloqy: 5:22pm On Feb 18, 2013
zikclassiq: tru. Nt alone in this. Me too. Its jus too pathetic. And you cant transfer domains that you'v registered within d last 3months eh! My old clients wil understand. Bt the recent ones wil think i just colected their pay, work n "cut-shorted" them. Atleast they shud give info, hint, advice..just anythin coz..hmmm. God help us al

Its scary cause from comments of people, these guys have been good and reliable in the past. Maybe the ICPC story is true because if they had the means of communicating, they would have done so.

Just hope nothing harmful has happened to the owner.
Re: What Is Wrong With Syskay Hosting? ??? by abhosts(m): 7:46pm On Feb 18, 2013
akure.syskay.com appears to be responding now. Are they back?
Re: What Is Wrong With Syskay Hosting? ??? by kombo(m): 7:50pm On Feb 18, 2013
My websites are working now... Thank God ... I think they are back
Re: What Is Wrong With Syskay Hosting? ??? by akonyet(m): 9:29pm On Feb 18, 2013
yes o sites are responding but the are kind of slow
Re: What Is Wrong With Syskay Hosting? ??? by mrvictor: 2:00am On Feb 19, 2013
One of my sites is up again!
Re: What Is Wrong With Syskay Hosting? ??? by trusted1: 11:51am On Feb 19, 2013
I really thank God for this, mine are back too. I hope they are fully back and safe, can't imagine what they went through.
Re: What Is Wrong With Syskay Hosting? ??? by luzoma: 2:09pm On Feb 19, 2013
they are not back.... Their lines are still dead and they are still not responding to mails..i had to report to their host - Spirit communications (syskay, i learnt is just a reseller) and i think that's why sites on that server came back online. Without their contact, you still will not be able to renew your expired or about to expire accounts...
Re: What Is Wrong With Syskay Hosting? ??? by johnhack: 5:43pm On Feb 19, 2013
my just stopped opening yestaday..pls any solution to that
Re: What Is Wrong With Syskay Hosting? ??? by calibus(m): 5:52pm On Feb 19, 2013
luzoma: they are not back.... Their lines are still dead and they are still not responding to mails..i had to report to their host - Spirit communications (syskay, i learnt is just a reseller) and i think that's why sites on that server came back online. Without their contact, you still will not be able to renew your expired or about to expire accounts...

but your site is online now...
Re: What Is Wrong With Syskay Hosting? ??? by kombo(m): 6:12pm On Feb 19, 2013
johnhack: my just stopped opening yestaday..pls any solution to that

wats ur site address?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Google Adsense Ads In Blogger Blogs Now Showing On Opera Mini / Rescue Service For Domainking.ng Customers / Are You Intrested In Learning Web Design Coding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.