Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,195 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

Dr Ben Carson Lectures Obama - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dr Ben Carson Lectures Obama (3010 Views)

Dr Ben Carson Mentioned The Word Taqqiya / Ben 10 And Other Cartoons Are Demonic For Children / Rip Bishop Dr Ben Naigbe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dr Ben Carson Lectures Obama by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:10pm On Feb 14, 2013
Prayer breakfast speaker, Dr Carson is not afraid to praise our Lord Jesus Christ. Watch or read how he calls Obama's bluff and gets political by calling political-correctness dangerous, he hammers on fiscal irresponsibility and then suggests the principle of the biblical tithe to fix America's fiscal problems.

See the Prayer Breakfast Speech That’s Grabbing Headlines: Doctor Attacks Political Correctness, National Debt in Front of Obama
Feb. 7, 2013 11:39am Billy Hallowell

Dr. Benjamin Carson delivered a noteworthy National Prayer Breakfast keynote speech in President Barack Obama’s presence

•Carson attacked political correctness as a “dangerous” threat to free speech and encouraged Americans to boldly share their views

•The pediatric neurosurgeon also provided his theories about the national debt, deficits, taxation and health care, taking stances that were opposed to the president’s

•Obama watched intently as Carson spoke for more than 25 minutes

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/02/07/prayer-breakfast-speaker-praises-jesus-gets-political-calls-political-correctness-dangerous-hammers-fiscal-irresponsibility/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dr Ben Carson Lectures Obama by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:18pm On Feb 14, 2013
Dr. Benjamin S. Carson Delivering a Noteworthy National Prayer Breakfast Speech.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQfGm919A9o
Re: Dr Ben Carson Lectures Obama by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:20pm On Feb 14, 2013
This is for the benefit of those who are unable to watch the speech on the videoclip posted.

See the Prayer Breakfast Speech That’s Grabbing Headlines: Doctor Attacks Political Correctness, National Debt in Front of Obama
Feb. 7, 2013 11:39am Billy Hallowell

Dr. Benjamin Carson delivered a noteworthy National Prayer Breakfast keynote speech in President Barack Obama’s presence

•Carson attacked political correctness as a “dangerous” threat to free speech and encouraged Americans to boldly share their views

•The pediatric neurosurgeon also provided his theories about the national debt, deficits, taxation and health care, taking stances that were opposed to the president’s

•Obama watched intently as Carson spoke for more than 25 minutes.

One of the more unique speeches delivered at this morning’s National Prayer Breakfast came from Dr. Benjamin S. Carson, a world-renowned pediatric neurosurgeon at Johns Hopkins Hospital. Taking the stage before President Barack Obama’s faith-filled address, Carson spoke for more than 25 minutes, tackling issues ranging from education to personal responsibility. His keynote, while predicated upon the theme of Jesus Christ as his ultimate role model, also took a starkly political tone, advocating against some of the very policies the president has implemented.

At the beginning of his speech, Carson shared an intense disdain for political correctness. Without getting too specific on the issue front, he said that Americans should stop being afraid to speak up and defend their beliefs; he also encouraged people to respect the individuals they disagree with. Carson held little back, condemning political correctness as “a horrible thing” that is “dangerous,” as it hampers freedom of thought and expression.

“We’ve reached a point where people are actually afraid to talk about what they want to say, because somebody might be offended,” Carson said, noting the example of people refraining from saying “Merry Christmas.” “We’ve got to get over this sensitivity and it keeps people from saying what they really believe.”

Carson encouraged discussion about societal issues, also pointing out education as an essential conundrum the country needs to confront. He highlighted his own path from poverty to success, sharing very personal details about his parents and early family life and subsequently described the importance of helping students seeking to advance academically through his Carson Scholars Fund.

The speech took an interesting turn when the doctor cautioned that moral decay and fiscal irresponsibility can have dire consequences — even for powerful countries like America. Here, he became even more pointed and impassioned.

“I think particularly about ancient Rome. Very powerful — nobody could even challenge them militarily…they destroyed themselves from within,” Carson continued. “Moral decay. Fiscal irresponsibility.”

While he said America’s issues are dire, he was positive that the nation can fix its ways, as there are bright and innovative people who simply need to come together to address the problems at hand.

"And one of our big problems right now . . . our deficit is a big problem," he said, as Obama watched him intently. "Think about it — and our national debt — $16 and a half trillion dollars."

To illustrate just how massive the debt is, Carson told the audience that if they counted one number per second, it would take them 507,000 years to get to the sum total. The doctor said that the massive fiscal blunder is something that the nation must contend with. From there, he moved on to taxation, seemingly taking a stance in direct opposition to Obama’s.

"What about our taxation system — so complex there is no one that can possibly comply with every jot and tittle," he noted, going on to call for a simpler (i.e. flat tax) system. "When I pick up my Bible, you know what I see — I see the fairest individual in the universe — God — and he’s given us a system. It’s called tithe."

Carson progressed, seemingly comparing the tithe, at least in principal, to the flat tax system. Rather than continuing to tier taxes owed, he argued that everyone should pay the same proportion and that, through this fairer system, money sent by wealthier Americans for protection abroad should be brought back to America to help build infrastructure and create additional jobs.

The doctor also addressed medical care, advocating for health savings accounts and railing against the notion that Americans should be sending money into a large bureaucratic system.

You can watch the entire, 26-minute speech below:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/02/07/prayer-breakfast-speaker-praises-jesus-gets-political-calls-political-correctness-dangerous-hammers-fiscal-irresponsibility/
Re: Dr Ben Carson Lectures Obama by Nobody: 7:10pm On Feb 14, 2013
great
Re: Dr Ben Carson Lectures Obama by Nobody: 8:10pm On Feb 14, 2013
when he talked about rome i believed him. but i havent seen a country as endemic corruption like ancient rome. even u.s is not upto that level of decay rome had.
Re: Dr Ben Carson Lectures Obama by Image123(m): 11:23pm On Feb 14, 2013
na gifted hands be that oh. Going 'gifted mouth' mode.
Re: Dr Ben Carson Lectures Obama by IdeasDrive(m): 4:00am On Feb 15, 2013
It does follow, that at some point, someone has to stand up and speak the truth to the powers that be..
Thank God for Dr. Carson.
Re: Dr Ben Carson Lectures Obama by Vansnickers: 4:52am On Feb 15, 2013
So this man is still at JHU!! After all these years!
Re: Dr Ben Carson Lectures Obama by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:26pm On Feb 15, 2013
Dr Benjamin Carson's Amazing Speech at the National Prayer Breakfast with Obama Present

Watch how the Doctor slams Obama.
Re: Dr Ben Carson Lectures Obama by Nobody: 12:31pm On Feb 15, 2013
OLAADEGBU: Dr Benjamin Carson's Amazing Speech at the National Prayer Breakfast with Obama Present

Watch how the Doctor slams Obama.

Money lover tongue
Re: Dr Ben Carson Lectures Obama by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:59pm On Feb 15, 2013
frosbel:

Money lover tongue

We thank God that we still have the likes of Dr Ben Carson who has not compromised his faith on the alter of political correctness like many so called christians nowadays.
Re: Dr Ben Carson Lectures Obama by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:06pm On Feb 15, 2013
diluminati:

when he talked about rome i believed him. but i havent seen a country as endemic corruption like ancient rome. even u.s is not upto that level of decay rome had.

Moral decay and fiscal irresponsibility is what led to the fall of the roman empire. America is already on the path of self destruction unless something changes.
Re: Dr Ben Carson Lectures Obama by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:07pm On Feb 15, 2013
Image123:

na gifted hands be that oh. Going 'gifted mouth' mode.

The man is an inspiration for many who still stands for the truth inspite of opposition.
Re: Dr Ben Carson Lectures Obama by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:09pm On Feb 15, 2013
IdeasDrive:

It does follow, that at some point, someone has to stand up and speak the truth to the powers that be..
Thank God for Dr. Carson.

I'm sure that there are still many prophets like this who are not afraid to stand up and speak the truth to the powers that be.

1 Like

Re: Dr Ben Carson Lectures Obama by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:11pm On Feb 15, 2013
Van snickers:

So this man is still at JHU!! After all these years!

He seems to be satisfied rendering his service where he is appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Dr Ben Carson Lectures Obama by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:13pm On Feb 15, 2013
frosbel:

Money lover tongue

So it's only dollars you see in what he said?
Re: Dr Ben Carson Lectures Obama by ooman2: 3:23pm On Feb 15, 2013
dr carson is compromised. he doesn't know what he is talking about. he is only speaking for the majority because of money. who will adopt biblical concept to govt. that is the worst govt. ever, a govt that relies on an ancient myth to make decisions
Re: Dr Ben Carson Lectures Obama by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:50pm On Feb 15, 2013
ooman2:

dr carson is compromised. he doesn't know what he is talking about. he is only speaking for the majority because of money. who will adopt biblical concept to govt. that is the worst govt. ever, a govt that relies on an ancient myth to make decisions

Atheist evolutionists do not necessarily have to agree with him because his role model is Jesus Christ.
Re: Dr Ben Carson Lectures Obama by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:57pm On Feb 15, 2013
Here is what Wiki's got on Dr Ben Carson. He surely is a man who fears God.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Carson
Re: Dr Ben Carson Lectures Obama by God2man(m): 7:29pm On Feb 15, 2013
Jesus will always be the answer for the world today, that is, if things are properly done according to the leading of the Holyspirit.

@oladegbu, thanks for this inspirational post.

God bless you.

God2man.
Re: Dr Ben Carson Lectures Obama by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:20pm On Feb 16, 2013
God2man:

Jesus will always be the answer for the world today, that is, if things are properly done according to the leading of the Holyspirit.

@oladegbu, thanks for this inspirational post.

God bless you.

God2man.

Thanks bro. Only God fearing Christians like this Doctor who dares to speak the truth in the face of imminent danger and be led by the Holy Spirit without bowing to the "PC" police that can bring solutions to a nation that is on the brink of committing political and economic harakiri.
Re: Dr Ben Carson Lectures Obama by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:43pm On Feb 16, 2013
HANNITY: Dr Carson Lecturing Obama

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRbEpwBbt2M

Dr, Benjamin Carson, who gave that "no-holds-barred" speech at the Presidential Prayer Breakfast with Pres Barack Obama in attendance, is Sean Hannity's guest. Carson talks about the overwhelming support he's received from that speech, from people who are crying out for someone to just speak good, ol' "common sense" to overcome our nation's problems.
Re: Dr Ben Carson Lectures Obama by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:00pm On Feb 18, 2013
Neurosurgeon Dr. Benjamin Carson: Politically Incorrect Speech was me diagnosing problems.

By Napp Nazworth , Christian Post Reporter
February 17, 2013|5:55 pm

Dr. Ben Carson said he has no intention to run for president, but he will "leave that up to God," in a Sunday interview on ABC's "This Week." Carson gained national attention for his Feb. 7 speech at the National Prayer Breakfast in which he condemned political correctness and called for a flat tax and a more decentralized health care system.

"Before I gave that talk I prayed and asked God to give me wisdom, what do say, what would resonate, what would be important," Carson said when asked about all the attention his speech has received.

"Ben Carson for President," the editors of The Wall Street Journal declared the day after the speech. Plus, the speech has almost two million hits on YouTube at the time of this publication.

The speech is notable for its context as much as its content. President Barack Obama was sitting just two seats to his right as he advocated policies directly in opposition to two of Obama's most well-known initiatives: a more centralized health care system and higher taxes on the wealthy.

"I don't think it was particularly political," Carson said, "... but to be able to express an opinion about something that is problematic. You know, I'm a physician. I like to diagnose things. I diagnosed some pretty significant issues that I think a lot of people resonate with."

Carson said that the Old Testament tithe, in which the tribe of religious leaders in ancient Israel was paid by the other tribes, each giving them 10 percent of their wealth, could be a model for the U.S. taxation system. It does not have to be 10 percent, Carson said, but everyone should pay the same proportion of their income. In his "This Week" interview, Carson said he prefers to call it a "proportional tax" rather than a "flat tax."

In a 2008 interview on PBS' "Religion & Ethics Newsweekly," Carson said he was an at-risk kid growing up in inner city Detroit and raised by a single mom. He was considered the classroom "dummy" in 5th grade.

His mom, after praying for wisdom, started requiring her two sons to write two book reports for her every week. Her sons did not know that she was unable to read as she pretended to read the reports. After a month, Carson said, he began to enjoy reading.

Carson is a devout Seventh-Day Adventist. He credited the Book of Proverbs with taking away his anger after he tried to kill someone at the age of 14. He reads the Book of Proverbs daily and would read from it as part of his spiritual preparation for surgery.

Read more at http://www.christianpost.com/news/neurosurgeon-ben-carson-politically-incorrect-speech-was-me-diagnosing-problems-90231/#GoGvHUoUJxV5drcF.99

http://www.christianpost.com/news/neurosurgeon-ben-carson-politically-incorrect-speech-was-me-diagnosing-problems-90231/
Re: Dr Ben Carson Lectures Obama by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:15pm On Feb 18, 2013
Saving America Show: Ben Carson on Hannity on Fox News answering questions from a focus group.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn5hJgFLfJw
Re: Dr Ben Carson Lectures Obama by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:46pm On Feb 19, 2013
Dr. Benjamin Carson -Part IV - Final Segment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_mkz-XG_hI

Dr Ben Carson taking questions.
Re: Dr Ben Carson Lectures Obama by alexleo(m): 8:40pm On Feb 19, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

We thank God that we still have the likes of Dr Ben Carson who has not compromised his faith on the alter of political correctness like many so called christians nowadays.

HONESTLY WE THANK GOD FOR HIM. AM GLAD WE STILL HAVE PEOPLE LIKE HIM ON TOP IN THE U.S.
Re: Dr Ben Carson Lectures Obama by alexleo(m): 8:44pm On Feb 19, 2013
frosbel:

Money lover tongue

BECAUSE HE TALED ABOUT TITHE STOP THE NONSENSE MY FRIEND.
Re: Dr Ben Carson Lectures Obama by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:58am On Feb 28, 2013
frosbel:

Money lover tongue

Do you now see how you exposed yourself as a Mammon worshipper? You live, sleep and see and talk money in everything. shocked
Re: Dr Ben Carson Lectures Obama by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:45am On Mar 17, 2013
Dr. Benjamin Carson Analyzes Obama's 'Charm Offensive'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adVDp2jW1HM

(1) (Reply)

The Christian's Guide To Detecting Demonic Music / NEW - Angelica Zambrano 4th Experience Of Heaven & Hell / Why Is Christian Terrorism Downplayed In The U.S.?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.