Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,320 members, 7,836,381 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

Sparta Praha V Chelsea Today @ 7pm - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Sparta Praha V Chelsea Today @ 7pm (455 Views)

Chelsea Vs Sparta Prague: Europa League (1 - 1) - On 21st February 2013 / Sparta Prague Vs Chelsea- Europa League - (0 - 1) On 14th February 2013 / UCL: Msk Zilina V Chelsea [1 - 4] On Wed, September 15th 2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sparta Praha V Chelsea Today @ 7pm by Nobody: 4:36pm On Feb 14, 2013
Chelsea captain John Terry has been passed fit despite missing the 4-1 win over Wigan with a knee injury.

David Luiz (suspended), Demba Ba (cup-tied), Victor Moses and John Obi Mikel (Africa Nations) miss the trip, but Gary Cahill and Petr Cech are fit.

Sparta have not played a competitive match since early December because of a winter break.

But former Sparta keeper Cech said: "For them, it will be the biggest game of their careers, so that's a danger."
Lampard's longevity

Frank Lampard is the only surviving member of the Chelsea team which played the last time these two teams met in Prague during the 2003-04 Champions League group stage with Chelsea winning 1-0. John Terry also played in the return fixture at Stamford Bridge which was a 0-0 draw.

In December, Chelsea became the first Champions League holders to exit the competition at the group stage the following season and have never won the Europa League or the Uefa Cup before that.

And boss Rafael Benitez said his team would be taking Europe's second-tier competition seriously.

"This is a massive city, a massive club and a massive competition," Benitez said at his news conference in Prague.

"We are really pleased to be here. Obviously, you cannot change things. The Champions League is a massive competition, but the Europa League is also a massive competition.

"We play against an historic team. We're really pleased and, for me, I try to give my players the right message."

Chelsea will come up against a Sparta side who are unbeaten in 11 European home games and who qualified for this season's knockout stages ahead of last season's Europa League finalists Athletic Bilbao.

Sparta midfielder Ladislav Krejci, a Czech international, said: "Everybody is taking this match as a reward for our performances in the group stage.

"It is a tremendous match, but that doesn't mean we don't want to get a good result. Like every footballer, I've dreamt of playing in a game like this against such a big club - I just couldn't imagine it would come so soon."

Link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21448051
Re: Sparta Praha V Chelsea Today @ 7pm by fredopayee(m): 4:38pm On Feb 14, 2013
Chelsea will loose!!!

(1) (Reply)

Sir Alex Ferguson: Irreplaceable Mourinho Could Stay At Real Madrid / Yaya’s Yes To New Deal / Champions League Semi-final And Europa League Semi-final

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.